Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day (441 Views)

Can A Married Man Buy A Valentine Gift For His Female Colleague? / Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by Yomi4reel: 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
If you’ve just decided to propose to your partner, you’re sure to feel nervous and worry about how to do it the “right way.” Getting engaged is a huge milestone. It means you’re about to embark upon the next chapter of your lives, so before you get down on one knee, read these dos and don’ts of traditional marriage proposals.

The Dos
Do test the waters: Before you propose, the two of you should have already spoken about getting married. Make sure marriage is something that each of you wants, and make sure you both agree on major issues such as children. This is a big question that shouldn’t come out of the blue. You don’t want your partner to be taken completely off guard, as a surprise proposal is almost certainly guaranteed to elicit a hesitant “yes,” if not an “I’ll have to think about it.”
Do make it a surprise: Even though you’ve discussed getting married, the marriage proposal itself can—and should—be a surprise. Find a moment and a manner that your partner won’t be suspecting.

Do prepare yourself: “Will you marry me?” is a simple question, but it’s a weighty phrase that leaves many proposers completely tongue-tied. Practice! It might feel silly but say the words out loud a few times. You may also write down and memorize exactly what you’re going to say to make sure you’re as smooth and confident as possible.
Do find the right engagement ring: Since wearing an engagement ring is a lifetime commitment, make sure it’s the right one. You might find an opportunity to window shop for rings when you are walking past a store, or you can bring it up in conversation. You can also ask your partner’s parents, sibling, best friend, etc., to help choose the ring.

Do know if they want to pick out the engagement ring: Some brides(or grooms)-to-be are particular about their jewelry and want to be a part of the process—and rightfully so: a ring is a big investment, so what better way to make sure they love it than by going ring shopping together? Sure, you might lose that element of surprise because they are already expecting a particular ring, but, if you’ve spoken about marriage, they know the proposal is coming sooner or later.

Do talk to their parents: We’ve come a long way from the days of dowries, but there’s still something respectful about asking for the parents’ blessing.
Do pick a personal spot: Think about your favorite romantic places and choose a meaningful spot to pop the question. It could be as simple as in your living room or as complicated as whisking your partner away for a weekend in Paris. Just don’t ask them in a supermarket aisle.
Do be creative: Incorporate your personality, favorite things, hobbies, etc., into the proposal. Make it unique and memorable rather than a cookie-cutter proposal.
Do drop to one knee: Again, times have changed, but there is something so charming and romantic about a person getting on one knee asking the love of their life to marry them. Even if you’re not traditional, it will make the proposal more momentous.

Do tell your partner why you want to marry them: Don’t just utter those four little words. Now is the perfect opportunity to tell your partner why they are the one for you, what marriage means to you, and what your hopes for the future are. You might say something like “My life has never and could never be the same after I met you. You’ve made me more joyful, more stable and more inspired. I can’t picture the rest of my life without you by my side. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?”
Do share the news: Don’t feel like you have to blast the engagement right away. Take a moment, or however long you’d like, to reflect on your engagement and togetherness.

The Don’ts
Don’t make it public: If scriptwriters are to be believed, then every wedding proposal takes place on the street in front of hundreds of people. Unless your partner has said they want a splashy proposal, it’s way easier to make the proposal an intimate, personal thing. Many would prefer to have that magical moment be between just the two of you. After all, you’ve got the rest of your lives to tell other people about your marriage, but you’ve only got one engagement moment.

Don’t hide the engagement ring in food: We hate to say it, as we’re sure there are some readers who were planning to do just this, but hiding the engagement ring in food is a tired idea. It’s been in a thousand movies and TV shows, and you won’t win any points for creativity.
Don’t propose at a sports game: It depends on your bride-to-be and the kind of relationship you have, but sports games generally aren’t the best proposal venues. They’re loud, chaotic, and you won’t be able to have any of the romantic reflection such a momentous occasion deserves.
Don’t do it in front of their family: Proposals in front of the family add yet another layer of stress that you don’t need. Take this moment to be just the two of you. Your families will merge with your marriage by default, and they don’t need to be present when you pop the question. Don’t worry: you can call everyone immediately afterward.

Don’t make it too complicated: You should definitely try to be unique and creative with your proposal, but, above all, it’s important to keep the focus on what really matters: the proposal itself. If you can’t focus because you’re worrying about whether or not the limousine will make it to the balloon ride in time, then you’re worrying about the wrong thing.
Don’t propose too early in the relationship: When you’re swept up in that incredible first rush of love, it’s hard not to do impetuous, foolish things. Make sure you really know each other and what each of you wants from a marriage before you commit to one another for the rest of your lives. Waiting until your relationship is stable will only strengthen your marriage. It’s worth having a little patience.
Don’t expect them to say, “yes,” immediately: Asking someone to marry you is kind of a big deal. You’re asking someone to spend the rest of their life with you. Hopefully, you two have discussed marriage and are on the same page, so they’ll respond with an emphatic, “Yes!” But just because you’ve asked doesn’t mean they’re ready. If your sweetheart says, “Maybe,” take it in stride, and give them some time to consider the proposal. You wouldn’t want this amazing person to marry every Tom, Dick, and Harry who asked her, would you?

Read more where to propose to a lady:https://wahalablog.com/best-place-to-propose-to-a-lady-on-valentines-day/

Re: How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
When no be exam I go read all those based on say I wan propose.Taaaaa.
You don't even need them. Just play naira Marley will you marry me for them with the way husband don scarce the yes go loud pass when church shout amen
Re: How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by ojun50(m): 6:30pm On Feb 13, 2021
You want make the man add join the him problem
Re: How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by Yomi4reel: 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2021
grin
Re: How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by Marinad: 8:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
I'm glad you found your bride! it is a great happiness to find your love in the modern world! I found my bride on the Internet and I am sure that in the near future she will become my wife and we will have an amazing wedding. we regularly practice https://inter.dating/christian-dating christian dating and are in love with each other with all our hearts. I'm sure you should try to find your love online too!
Re: How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by Truthabulabula(m): 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2021
Thumbs up op
Re: How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by Realnaijagist: 6:01am On Jan 21, 2022
If u have your money ,they will marry u.naija ladies like money
Re: How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by Realnaijagist: 4:51am On Feb 04, 2022
Some men will still make mistake and ladies will reject them
Re: How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by MufasaLion: 6:07am On Feb 04, 2022
grin grin grin

I'm gonna order a diamond encrusted ring from Ice Box ATL. Gal Gadot have no choice.
Re: How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by webhead: 6:27am On Feb 04, 2022
tutorial on how to thoroughly add more burden to your life
Re: How To Propose To A Lady To Marry You On A Valentine Day by Realnaijagist: 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Rail will fall tomorrow

(1) (Reply)

Share Experience In Dating Older Ladies / June 12: Will You Participate In The Protest? / If Your Wife Is No Longer Beautiful, It’s Your Fault - Reno Omokri Tells Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.