Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,173 members, 7,825,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque (50663 Views)

Two Suspected One-Chance Robbers Escape As Mob Tries To Set Them Ablaze / Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) / Army Razes Down Azagbene, Ekeremor Bayelsa over killing of two Personnel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by calcal: 12:34am On Feb 15, 2021
tyup:
This madness should stop just already...when would these yeroba cowards storm the bushes and go after their real enemies? why must innocent Hausas be caught in the web of these coward's madness??

I blame the GOC of ibadan barracks for allowing matters generate into this and if he's a Northerner he needs to resign immediately sad

Check this out they went after those in the bush at Igangan with bees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8xf2DbB_GA
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by VictorUSA(m): 12:34am On Feb 15, 2021
Divinenwa:
Amen to that your infact that innocent man sickness will come over to him, and some mod are even siding his crime if you made a post about him they will remove it
Maybe they are scam business partners.
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Omodua(m): 12:38am On Feb 15, 2021
tyup:
This madness should stop just already...when would these yeroba cowards storm the bushes and go after their real enemies? why must innocent Hausas be caught in the web of these coward's madness??

I blame the GOC of ibadan barracks for allowing matters generate into this and if he's a Northerner he needs to resign immediately sad
So, because the GOC 2 DIV is a Northerner and therefore could deploy troops without Orders? It doesn't work that way. Without Orders from above, he is helpless. Ask a soldier near you and he will tell you. What's happening in Ibadan is a bottled anger against the system. Injustices and nepotism is entrenched in the system and is being resisted tacitly and overtly. But who's to bell the cat? *SOBS*

1 Like

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by twosquare(m): 12:49am On Feb 15, 2021
GOVERNMENT2:
GO AND CONFRONT ISKILU WAKILI IN THE FOREST AND STOP BLAMING MAKINDE ME MAN angry
Someone stung by bees today. Nothing special about him. Waka

1 Like

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by pacespot(m): 1:14am On Feb 15, 2021
I love these Ibadan people, no wonder they say most of great Yoruba's warriors in history are from oyo, Fulani's have pitched their tent with the wrong people, if you can defeat oyo, then you can defeat the entire Yoruba race.

Oyo o se bi baba eni kan

2 Likes

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by egoldman(m): 1:16am On Feb 15, 2021
post=99068770:
This Violence must STOP with immediate effect.

With a stern voice and in a strict manner, addressing the evil ones among the Fulani herdsmen,
This is what our darling Daddy should come out to say in few hours from now on National TV.

I am a cattle rearer myself.
I have cattles.
That is my business,
And that is your livelihood also.
I do not support killings, kidnappings, raping of Nigeria Citizens.
For the evil ones amongst you going about causing violence, whatever you see, you should live with it, cos right now,
I will send out the Army to fish you bad eggs all out and protect my innocent citizens in their communities.

No Violence act will be encouraged under my watch.

And for the ones killing and burning innocent citizens businesses.
Destroying the properties of people that have been living in peace with you for many years, people going about their businesses legitimately, we will come for you also.

And this will be my final warning to everyone causing mayhem and Violence in this nation.

God bless Nigeria.

I Rise!

This is the Truth of the whole matter!
#BitterTruth

Buhari's policy of favoring his tribe and region above others is main reasons for all these killings.

You cannot have peace with nepotism.

Ask yourself why is there so much hate among Nigerian ethnic groups unlike before? We have never hated each other like this before.

1 Like

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by 400billionman: 1:17am On Feb 15, 2021
JosephXavier:
Today is the second day of violent clash between the Yourubas and the Hausa/Fulani In Oyo State yet no security personnel has been sent to restore peace and orderliness.

No police, no Army, no Civil Defence and not even Man O' War

But once voice is raised in the South East, Battalions of Army, Navy, Air Force with all their war planes and ammunitions, operation crocodile dance, Operation Python Laugh, DSS, UN peace keeping, AU Army, Mobile Police, will be dispersed to douse the pressure

Please can someone tell me what's the difference here

God does not sleep.
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by pacespot(m): 1:20am On Feb 15, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Yobas attacking soft targets.

You people should continue but remember that we Northerners never forgive or forget.

za mu gani,Kada kuyi kuka lokacin da
muka fara.

What is the meaning of you northerners never forgive nor forget, that phrase is becoming too boring nowadays, if you do sh*t, you will hear pehn tongue. You will come to someone else's region and you will be misbehaving as if you have a monopoly of violence, I've never heard of Yoruba's fight other tribes except these Fulani's, and if Yoruba's had issue with Fulani's, Hausa's would join hands with Fulani's because they are Fulani's slaves

1 Like

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by MayorofLagos(m): 1:31am On Feb 15, 2021
EyezofGod120:
angry this people go dey form actors for another man region dem papa,,if no be say Fulani get federal backup ni, dem for don suffer,,but dem sufferness still dey ahead,,

There's no hausa, theres no fulani. This one wey we dey now, na only Yoruba we recognize for Yorubaland. If anybody is caught committing crime they must explain their legitimacy on Yoruba soil. Commit crime and get ready to face the consequence.

Those running to army and police for backup, their days are coming...they and their backers in uniform. Very soon!

2 Likes

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by stanisbaratheon: 1:52am On Feb 15, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
Buhari and Tinubu caused it all.

However, who is more stupid between a mad man and a person who gives a mad man a gun?

A mad man is already stupid by default. However, it takes a special kind of stupid person to hand a gun to a mad man.

1 Like

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by mindtricks: 2:25am On Feb 15, 2021
post=99068770:
This Violence must STOP with immediate effect.

With a stern voice and in a strict manner, addressing the evil ones among the Fulani herdsmen,
This is what our darling Daddy should come out to say in few hours from now on National TV.

I am a cattle rearer myself.
I have cattles.
That is my business,
And that is your livelihood also.
I do not support killings, kidnappings, raping of Nigeria Citizens.
For the evil ones amongst you going about causing violence, whatever you see, you should live with it, cos right now,
I will send out the Army to fish you bad eggs all out and protect my innocent citizens in their communities.

No Violence act will be encouraged under my watch.

And for the ones killing and burning innocent citizens businesses.
Destroying the properties of people that have been living in peace with you for many years, people going about their businesses legitimately, we will come for you also.

And this will be my final warning to everyone causing mayhem and Violence in this nation.

God bless Nigeria.

I Rise!

This is the Truth of the whole matter!
#BitterTruth

Righteousness is that you?
Really enjoyed the sweetness of this your "bitter truth".
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by mindtricks: 2:26am On Feb 15, 2021
Things that could have been nipped in the in societies where human lives are not treated like nothing.
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by ThatFairGuy1: 2:34am On Feb 15, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

These hoodlums should be guided.
Why will they raze the mosques too?

Have they forgotten that there are more Muslims than Christians in the SouthWest and majority of us who are Yoruba Muslims also pray in mosques.

This is starting to seem like a joke taken too far. This was how the Northern riots started in 1967.
Please
Please
Please
Enough of the mayhem.

If we could give up part of Kwara/Ilorin to the caliphate and turn it to an emirate; why can't we let them have some parts of Ondo and Oyo so that peace will reign?
Mad man on the loose
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Coldie(m): 2:36am On Feb 15, 2021
dangotesmummy:
Smh

Nigerian Politicians are the genesis of all this madness
How
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by oyaaa(m): 3:44am On Feb 15, 2021
ruffDiamond:
Hausa are not the problem but Fulani!!!most hausas I know are very industrious and hardworking, though some can be violent especially the low life riffraff among them,but are generally OK, go after the fOOlanis!they killing people everywhere because of useless cow..Yoruba get sense small na
Exactly
It’s the Fulani not Hausa. It seem those hoodlum don’t realize wat would happen when the Hausas I’m up north decides to retaliate against the southeastern people staying there realizing how wicked those people can be wen they want to be sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Heavely: 4:05am On Feb 15, 2021
The rate at which herders/farmers clash and other crisis rocking the nation is a proof that; the government is not doing enough to quell the situation.
Nigeria is not the only country that is multilingual, yet we can not do things together. When a government is openly supporting one ethnic group. Is a sign of a failed government.
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Asswipemod: 4:39am On Feb 15, 2021
Tranquillity360:

You people should continue but remember that we Northerners never forgive or forget.

muka fara.

And speaking of soft targets, the people that get kidnapped by your brothers while travelling, are they hard target? The women raped on their way from or to farm, they are militants, abi? The poor old farmer that gets ambushed by 4 to 5 fulani dogs, na warrior, abi ? The man who gets stabbed in the middle of the night while sleeping in front of his house because of heat is a great adversary, abi? Eyin ika, odaju a si weyrey wonyi.

3 Likes

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by BoneTackle: 4:51am On Feb 15, 2021
NgwalandAba:

Please stop mocking our neighbors, Yorubas are more christians than Muslims.
Which stupid neighbours? Why should he stop mocking them?

But yolobas can mock Igbos freely when similar thing happens in igboland?

Nwokem ga nodu ana biko.

Two can play the game, we only return the favour....nonsense
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by AroleOduduwa2: 5:02am On Feb 15, 2021
Osagyefo98:
Fake news

Why burning mosques when majority of Yorubas are muslims.

Oyo state alone is dominantly 78.2% Muslims dominated..

So how can they be burning their place of worship...

How did you come to that conclusion, states like Ondo, Ekiti are Christian dominated state 85% to 15% ratio, Oyo and Osun is dominated by Muslim with a 55% to 45% ratio, Ogun and Lagos are also dominated by Christian 55% to 45% ratio. This is why Muric and most Muslim doesn’t want Nigeria to break up, they know they will become religion minority.

1 Like

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Mightyhaiz: 5:46am On Feb 15, 2021
ShobayoEmma:

However, who is more stupid between a mad man and a person who gives a mad man a gun?
no yaps about a goodman with evil intentions again?

i guess as the heat reach your side,your goodman opinion has quickly evaporated.lol
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by pjobaby(f): 6:07am On Feb 15, 2021
Tranquillity360:

muka fara.

Look at this empty threat. No tribe forgets anything, other tribes are just more tolerant. Just remember that other regions now are willing to attack Hausa and Fulanis. Blame your leaders who don't want you all to be educated and developed!
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by EyezofGod120: 6:33am On Feb 15, 2021
MayorofLagos:

There's no hausa, theres no fulani. This one wey we dey now, na only Yoruba we recognize for Yorubaland. If anybody is caught committing crime they must explain their legitimacy on Yoruba soil. Commit crime and get ready to face the consequence.

Those running to army and police for backup, their days are coming...they and their backers in uniform. Very soon!
. I dey tell u
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by summerflame(m): 6:38am On Feb 15, 2021
Elvictor:
Are Ibadan people Yoruba?

grin cheesy

Ask your father at home ... Oponu
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by dangotesmummy: 6:39am On Feb 15, 2021
Coldie:

How
go and read
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by sharpwriter(m): 6:41am On Feb 15, 2021
GOVERNMENT2:
ISKILU WAKILI IS STILL WALKING FREE IN AYETE FOREST O

Oga, your Iskilu has been pursued by wild bees away from the forest. Him and his people even ran leaving their hats and some cows. Ayete residents and kids are seen dancing with their hats while drumming and rejoicing. Lol cheesy
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 15, 2021
JosephXavier:

Lol

Nobody wants to push anybody to war.
War knows nobody and nobody can predict the outcome of war

What we care about or what I care about is a working system

We fight crime in the wrong way. Why can't a country as big as Nigeria not have a database of her citizen to keep their crime record and relevant details

Why are our borders porous that people have to cross it at will especially that if the Northern side?

You didn't finish up my write up because it the truth and it doesn't favour you

Your writeup does not have to favour me to read it. As a very young man I have the opportunity of spending years at a regimental institution where I read a lot of books on military coups and government in West Africa and other places. Few years later, I spent 6 years in a Federal University in the South East. Just last year October, I was at Onitsha till early November. I know the grievances have not changed. The books I read and the environment I found myself in the University made me understand the situation very well.

What you wrote is mainly propaganda. You said every ethnic group was fully represented at Aburi as if it was a constitutional conference. General Joseph Ankrah being the most Senior Military officer called a meeting between Gowon and Ojukwu to resolve an issue. Since it was a political issue, other groups have to attend as witnesses. We have about two people from FG and military administrators of region and Lagos with one person each. It was purely a meeting to resolve differences between Ojukwu and Gowon by a Senior Military officer who was also the ruler of Ghana . Nigeria and Ghana were under the same military administration before independence. They were called West Africa Frontier Force.

Also, all the story about Yoruba meaning the son of slaves, Awolowo planned Coup and drank poison are just propaganda. The ancient Arabs are called Larubawa, ancient Hausas are called Hausawa and Yorubas called Yorubawa in the trans Sahara trade by the Arabs and Hausas / Fulanis before amalgamation. It was after Jonathan lost election that Yoruba meaning the son of slaves history came out. Also, when Jonathan government was facing opposition from South West, the late Oba of Benin wrote a book twisting a long unwritten history of Oduduwa and Ife as it was related to Benin. Can Alaafin and Ooni accept that story or history ? Not possible. IFE Kings and people that know their story till date saw the book as junk while the Benin celebrated it supported by few other people except Yorubas and Hausas..

Till date, there is nothing you can tell IBO youth about the son to father relationship between IBB and Awolowo. Under military government, a civilian can only finance a coup (Great Ogboru for example ) . If the coup failed and the leader poisoned himself what about the rest? The man who predicted his death. His last outing was the Coronation of the late Olu of Warri where he openly requested for a book called 'Life after death ' he mentioned the Author. It was after his death people understand what he was saying.

Talking about military operations or command during the war and about a man granted favour and released from prison will bring propaganda and bitterness. Prof Achebe's book - There was a country is full of propaganda and was met with much outcry and opposition. Prof ABC Nwosu was the one defending the book against that public outcry, but his defense was also full of propaganda and bitterness against Awolowo. That shows the mindset of an Ideal IBO man.

IBB never said if they say Yorubas are fighting war, he will go back to sleep. It is propaganda just to push Yorubas to war. Yorubas have been oppressed, called various abusive names just to get them angry and fight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Bonn01: 7:05am On Feb 15, 2021
segun18:

No way would I blame GSM. Who is in charge of the Army and the Police? GSM has several times for heavy police and military presence in that Oke Ogun area to no avail. He has diplomatically with support of traditional rulers encourage all the Fulani herdsmen to leave farmers land before the wahala happened. Stick the blame on Buhari who is sleeping.
God bless you. I don't know why Nigerians reason in some funny ways. The Governor didn't start the crisis, in fact no one would have thought something like this would happen last week. The Commissioner of Police isn't answerable to the governor. What do people expect the governor to do after declaring curfew, sending security officials to restore peace and visiting the area? or he should have sent all the northerners away or told his people to pick up arms and start killing Northerners ? Because I don't understand
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by 41lady(m): 7:09am On Feb 15, 2021
That's why I am telling the northern Christians to treat the muslims and their boko haram that, everyone can also take the law into their hands and start slaughtering them like the way they kill Christians, so everybody should be aware and be careful how they treat others. This yorubas now have open their eyes and they don't take any shit again
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by akanbiaa(m): 7:26am On Feb 15, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

These hoodlums should be guided.
Why will they raze the mosques too?

Have they forgotten that there are more Muslims than Christians in the SouthWest and majority of us who are Yoruba Muslims also pray in mosques.

This is starting to seem like a joke taken too far. This was how the Northern riots started in 1967.
Please
Please
Please
Enough of the mayhem.

If we could give up part of Kwara/Ilorin to the caliphate and turn it to an emirate; why can't we let them have some parts of Ondo and Oyo so that peace will reign?
It is possible that part of the shops razed that is close to the Mosque affected the Mosque also, issue of riots or crisis in Nigeria is usually based on greed, envy and hatred and not religion to some you only know yourself to practice a religion but they don't accept you as practising the religion and some feel their tribe is superior to other tribes and they make their myopic thinking supercede what religion teaches ,for even in Kano during riots in the past there have been reported cases of Yoruba Muslims killed in their Mosque, Killers dont care all they are after is to satisfy their lust for blood and appease their envious spirit.
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by lildonn222: 7:44am On Feb 15, 2021
ShobayoEmma:

That would definitely be you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guys, Share Your Experience Of Sexual Abuse / 3 Men Who Gang-Rape Ladies With Toy Gun While Recording The Act In Ogun Arrested / "Tony Trace Of ABU Zaria Raped 72 Girls" - Suleiman Muhammad Murkthar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.