Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes (18850 Views)

Skit Makers Now Use The Name Of Jesus For Jokes, CAN Should Act Immediately!! / Bodmas Kemepadei Dumps Christianity For Egbesu Worship (Photo) / Pastor Sarah Omakwu Appeals To Buhari To Stop Killings In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Wolfeye: 10:01am On Feb 15, 2021
God the creator of the entire universe needs the retards he put on earth, one planet, not even close to the biggest in the galaxy to stop telling jokes about him...so he fails to make an example of any of the jokers but delivers “stern warnings” through prophets for 3billion years and counting...

Okay.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by hucknall: 10:09am On Feb 15, 2021
ScamHunter:
Comedy itself is frown upon by God. It is better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of rejoicing, says the Good Book. It adds, blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
God expects us to repent and mourn for our sins. Not laughing the world away oblivious that the world has been condemned before Him. Jokes are mostly sinful because jokes are lies. God doesn't joke and we should be like Him as Christians.
show me where they wrote thou shall not joke in the Bible. Because even Jesus used puns.

https://blog.bible/bible-blog/entry/did-jesus-tell-jokes

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by mechanics(m): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2021
True talk.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Myself2(m): 10:47am On Feb 15, 2021
tgmservice:
Your fellow pastors are d ones turning it into a joke.

Ask Odumeji

You are wrong there.

In good conscience do you consider that charlatan Odumeje as a pastor.? It’s actually insulting for you to mention odumeje or compare him with decent , honest, true pastors like Pastor Sarah
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by babatunji91185: 10:51am On Feb 15, 2021
Believe a woman pastor to your peril. Person wey just chop preeq..wetin she one preach.. meanwhile, ring no dey her hand..a proof she dey collect am anyhow.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by biggy26: 11:03am On Feb 15, 2021
arantess:
Nice one Also pastors who bring comedians to crack jokes on alter should desist
So distasteful.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
The way I hate those two stupid things we call religion ehnnn. Nigerians have made anything religion disgust me. Religion is the major reason why africa is as it is today, very backward and disgusting. There is nothing good religion has done for us. Just imagine a world with only black people in it, or have you ever wondered how africa would have looked like with zero western influence.
How were you before the west came? Maybe by now you should still be rooming in the street with raffia palm tied in your waist
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by charlesucheh(m): 11:16am On Feb 15, 2021
Na Over seriousness dey worry this thread!!

unto the Next one ahbeg!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 15, 2021
compton11:
Are all Africans ethnics did what I just mentioned?

cos I know my Yoruba ancestors never did any of it,even your white masters u are trying to defend here also had weird culture then,so what are u insinuating?

mortality rate was high in Europe than Africa during the time cos Africans make use of herbs and root and u are here talking nonsense
Sorry, your delusion is too strong no need arguing even if I show you articles from historians you would still talk rubbish. White masters indeed.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 15, 2021
SegFault:

you are completely wrong unfortunately, if we followed these religions to the book, we would have been on top, we are simply corrupt, hypocritical, lack the ability to think rationally and unable to challenge our beliefs.
my wrong is some one else's right. grin believes are relatives also, so believe what you like. You see? This is the problem also christians so called thinks or believes that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Yet you talk about thinking rationally. undecided you are right they don't think rationally.

Do you have any proofs to your claims? that if you followed the book, the book made up by whities that Africans would be at top? cheesy

The white men who invented the religion do not even follow it and they still on top better than Africa in all aspects.

You are right! Africans are corrupt and lack the ability to think rationally and that is it! grin all they need to do is change all that and they would not need religion anymore. grin take away ignorance, corruption mainly, hyporcrisy and religion would disappear in Africa completely.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by dMetalist(m): 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2021
despite his political stand... which I don't agree to
I respect alot in other issues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2021
gypsey:
my wrong is some one else's right. grin believes are relatives also, so believe what you like. You see? This is the problem also christians so called thinks or believes that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

Do you have any proofs to your claims, that if you followed the book, the book made up by whities that Africans would be at top? cheesy

The white men who invented the religion do not even follow it and they still on top better than Africa in all aspects.

You are right! Africans are corrupt and lack the ability to think rationally and that is it! grin all they need to do is change all that and they would not need religion anymore. grin take away ignorance, corruption mainly, hyporcrisy and religion would disappear in Africa completely.
Unfortunately the truth self, though it still shocks me how the western world developed despite being religious.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by compton11(m): 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2021
SegFault:

Sorry, your delusion is too strong no need arguing even if I show you articles from historians you would still talk rubbish. White masters indeed.
show it now and show me how africans were living miserable life before European came gringrin.

oponu,when bini was still flourishing in their technologies and civilization and form of govt,england was den of harlots and crime then.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Jeromejnr(m): 1:21pm On Feb 15, 2021
SegFault:

you are completely wrong unfortunately, if we followed these religions to the book, we would have been on top, we are simply corrupt, hypocritical, lack the ability to think rationally and unable to challenge our beliefs.

Amazing.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
SegFault:

Unfortunately the truth self, though it still shocks me how the western world developed despite being religious.
The west was religious, before technologies, they were very religious 400 years ago, even then they still enslaved Africans, did they also believed religion approved enslaving and murdering Africans? perhaps grin maybe it was just as i am suggesting. religion was made up to enslave africans even till today.

The west recently has moved away from religion, that is when they started progressing, because religion kept them backward (just like it is doing to Africa now), believes like burning widows who were accussed of witchcrafts. They wouldn't try that today, cheesy and this is because their mindsets has changed with technologies, heart transplant, kidney transplant, C sections, brain sugeries can be perfomed, but in those days they believed that illnesses were as a result of witchcrafts just like most Africans believes today still and that is what religion did to them, Kings were killing people in the name of God. Women were stripped nakid burnt alive for just accussations of infidelity, children with chicken pox or other curable illnesses were labelled possesed by evil spirits.

Did you read the case of the Nigerian boy rescued by a swedish white woman? His Nigerians parents labeled him a wizard and left him homeless in the streets. That is what religion does. The swedish woman is not even religious or a christian.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2021
compton11:
show it now and show me how africans were living miserable life before European came gringrin.

oponu,when bini was still flourishing in their technologies and civilization and form of govt,england was den of harlots and crime then.
This is true, white people did so much damage to africans and Africa by colonising Africa. Without the white men colonising Africa and brainwashing them with their made up religion Africa would have being richer and greater than european countries.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by compton11(m): 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2021
gypsey:
This is true, white people did so much damage to africans and Africa by colonising Africa. Wihout the white men colonising Africa and brainwashing them with their made up religion Africa would have being richer and greater than european countries.
African were even Christians b4 European.

Ethiopia has been practising religion before any European.

may Africa rise again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
gypsey:
The west was religious, before technologies, they were very religious 400 years ago, even then they still enslaved Africans, did they also believed religion approved enslaving and murdering Africans? perhaps grin maybe it was just as i am suggesting. religion was made up to enslave africans even till today.

The west recently has moved away from religion, that is when they started progressing, because religion kept them backward (just like it is doing to Africa now), believes like burning widows who were accussed of witchcrafts. They wouldn't try that today, cheesy and this is because their mindsets has changed with technologies, heart transplant, kidney transplant, C sections, brain sugeries can be perfomed, but in those days they believed that illnesses were as a result of witchcrafts just like most Africans believes today still and that is what religion did to them, Kings were killing people in the name of God. Women were stripped nakid burnt alive for just accussations of infidelity, children with chicken pox or other curable illnesses were labelled possesed by evil spirits.

Did you read the case of the Nigerian boy rescued by a swedish white woman? His Nigerians parents labeled him a wizard and left him homeless in the streets. That is what religion does. The swedish woman is not even religious or a christian.
It happened in akwa ibom, those people's case self tire person, never seen people as addicted to religion in my life as them, anything pastor talk for church na true, at the end no be say dem holy.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
gypsey:
This is true, white people did so much damage to africans and Africa by colonising Africa. Wihout the white men colonising Africa and brainwashing them with their made up religion Africa would have being richer and greater than european countries.
This unfortunately untrue, the level of industrialisation that had taken place in Europe was far beyond the reach of Africa, while they were making advancements in trade, science and all, we were doing literally nothing, of course we had structured society, but let's face it if not for western influence lord knows where we would have been. Maybe Ethiopia and those empires influenced by the Middle East would have moved far but as for the rest.
If you doubt me read this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/15th_century
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by PervertProphet: 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
The way I hate those two stupid things we call religion ehnnn. Nigerians have made anything religion disgust me. Religion is the major reason why africa is as it is today, very backward and disgusting. There is nothing good religion has done for us. Just imagine a world with only black people in it, or have you ever wondered how africa would have looked like with zero western influence.

grin grin
You are an illiterate if you think Christianity has done no good in it's more than 1800 years. You must be one of these Nairaland local Atheist who really have not even visited the airport. Even in the UK. The biggest non-government hospital is owned by the Church. The Church remains the biggest charity giver thousand of years leading up to the 21st century before even Bill&Melinda Foundation became a thing.

Traveling is education. Don't just sit in a your village and be forming online Atheist who doesn't even know his facts.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
SegFault:

It happened in akwa ibom, those people's case self tire person, never seen people as addicted to religion in my life as them, anything pastor talk for church na true, at the end no be say dem holy.
Now you see what i mean about religion. grin as i ve said earlier, the swedish woman did not even claim to be religious or a christian. Because even with common sense one would know that it was wrong what the parents of that child did to him.

On one my visits to Nigeria my grandmother wanted to take me to one of them crooks who claims to remove pins and needles from people's bodies, i was like NO way grandmother! cheesy she told me how they removed 20 pins from her body, i asked her, did they tell you how 20 pins got into her body? She said No, that they are not allowed to ask the man questions. Can you imagine that? cheesy they cannot ask questions, just believe. I told her say mum they are just scammers she still didn't believe me till date.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
gypsey:
Now you see what i mean about religion. grin as i ve said earlier, the swedish woman did not even claim to be religious or a christian. Because even with common sense one would know that it was wrong what the parents of that child did to him.

On one my visits to Nigeria my grandmother wanted to take me to one of crooks who claims to remove pins and needles from people's bodies, i was like NO way grandmother! cheesy she told me how they removed 20 pins from her body, i asked her, did they tell you how 20 pins got into her body? She said No, that they are not allowed to ask the man questions. Can you imagine that? cheesy they cannot ask questions, just believe. I told her say mum they are just scammers she still didn't believe me till date.
Africans gringrin
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2021
SegFault:

This unfortunately untrue, the level of industrialisation that had taken place in Europe was far beyond the reach of Africa, while they were making advancements in trade, science and all, we were doing literally nothing, of course we had structured society, but let's face it if not for western influence lord knows where we would have been. Maybe Ethiopia and those empires influenced by the Middle East would have moved far but as for the rest.
If you doubt me read this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/15th_century
That is why Europeans are still keeping Africa poor and ignorant so as to carry on enslaving them, imagine African leaders looting and impoverishing their people only to go dump their loots in white people and foreign banks. grin what kinda screw up slave mentality is that?
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by PervertProphet: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2021
merits:

My dear islam is not a joke,it command respect.too much of fake pastors make christianity lost its value,and too much of everything is not good,even miracle they do in some churches shows they just are acting.

Islam doesn't command respect. It is a Satanic ideology that commands bloodsheddng espceially if Muhammad is criticised. Muhammad the Pedophile gets even more "respect" than Allah.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2021
gypsey:
That is why Europeans are still keeping Africa poor and ignorant so as to carry on enslaving them, imagine African leaders looting and impoverishing their people only to go dumb their loots in white people and foreign banks. grin what kinda screw up slave mentality is that?
Me I don't know oh. The worst part is that no matter how we change our leaders we will still end up with a foolish kleptomaniac, how would you steal the funds for the upkeep and development of schools just to train your child abroad, undecided
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2021
PervertProphet:

Islam doesn't command respect. It is a Satanic ideology that commands bloodsheddng except if Muhammad is criticed. Muhammad the Pedophile gets even more "respect" than Allah.
If someone criticises your one and only through religion you would start foaming at the mouth.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by PervertProphet: 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
SegFault:

If someone criticises your one and only through religion you would start foaming at the mouth.

It will be you foaming in the mouth because I never said what's not factual even by Islamic standard.
Did I lie when even authentic Islamic books called described Muhammad's Pedophiliac habits?

I look at the facts of different world-views and come correct. If you have got your facts. Present it. My Religion is even the most criticised religion by all and you certainly know no one is going to behead you for that, Clown like the religion of your parents where Sharia compliant laws is applied to those who they feel "blasphemed" the Pedophile Prophet Muhammad.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Goldenfinger5(m): 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:

The problem is not religion but greedy leaders we have in the continent who make public office their private property and use it not atom to conscience in them
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by budaatum: 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
Yes, I have. If they are like we Yorubas we'd be worshipping iron or lightning instead of a book, and be killing twins and selling each other as slaves. Thankfully however, Africa is not an island and has been influenced and influenced, and the West would be very ignorant without us.

"[url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+2%3A15&version=KJV]That it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son[/url]", is a clue, as is Moses' origin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
compton11:
African were even Christians b4 European.

Ethiopia has been practising religion before any European.

may Africa rise again
I don't think so, Ethiopians were not practising Christianity. They believed in some guy called Haile selasia, it think they were worshipping him too, the same way so called christians worships the crooked Nigerian pastors like Oyedepo and co.

What about other African countries apart from Ethiopia? Like Nigeria or Ghana. Were they already christians before the white man came to Africa? Where did the name christian came from then? If not from the white man, Is Christian (English) an African word? grin
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
SegFault:

Me I don't know oh. The worst part is that no matter how we change our leaders we will still end up with a foolish kleptomaniac, how would you steal the funds for the upkeep and development of schools just to train your child abroad, undecided
Exactly! Wouldn't it be easier to use the funds, bulid the school in their own country so their children do not have to school abroad and other poor children can also benefit from the school.

That is because Africans/nigerians are still enslaved to the white people maybe not physically but mentally, they believe that anything foreign is better than their own. grin foreign degrees, foreign rice, foreign bread, foreign cassava, foreign biscuit, foreign toothpick, foreign everything. Even foreign petrol, they could not even refine their own Oil and natural resources they have to employ foreign nations to extract their resources.
Re: Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2021
SegFault:

Africans gringrin
I even tried to explain, I said, mum, if really you had 20 pins in your body you would not be alive for 5 minutes before the crooked pastor takes the pins out of your body. grin the pins would kill her before she gets there. She would need surgery operations to remove the 20 pins. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time / Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? / Church Members Kill Owl In Delta State, Burn It (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.