Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,094 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:58 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet (55223 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by stildude(m): 9:05pm On Apr 11, 2011
Pukkah:

How do the lives of those who attend the church become more interesting?  I know a number of guys who go there and whose lives are not more colourful than those of their non-Winners-chapel-going counterparts.  In fact, one of them (very committed) once worked with and reported to me and I can tell you that his productivity was the lowest in the team.  He DID not stand out in any way. So what the heck?

Whether you are religious or not, good things will happen to you.  Regardless of whether or not you attend Winners, unpleasant things will happen to you.  Why do you guys mystify these things in your lazy and intensive search for miracles and riches that do not follow logic?

'stand out in what sense'. by the car he drives? or by his fashion sense? Is he sicklier than others? Do you know him before he joined the church? Well if things are not working for your colleague by your own observation,and he's still there, then you are not in any position to say anything cos obviously, you are not seeing well. You come here with one 'yeye' story about one guy you know. what about thousands who stories to tell? Whatever makes you happy. Una wey dey yab men of God, make devil non baptize una with one affliction wey go require them rush una come church. According to Gordons, when soldier slap you, you go know say police na your friend
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by stildude(m): 9:13pm On Apr 11, 2011
dare2think:

Another ignorant response from a deluded individual. Equating criticism with JeAlousy. Are there any sensible OYedepo apologists? Those that have posting so far are just disappointing? Can you guys just be objective for once. Geez. undecided

I say it again, you are just jealous of the man's achievement. Would the issue have taken your attention, if he were one of those so called ''men of God'' that walk barefooted in Lagos ringing bells and taking money from commuters inside molues? If no, then you are jealous deluded hypocrite. I think you are also an anti- christ. Wow, I can see 666 on your fore head. Satan get Lost!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by oderemo(m): 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
last tym i remember MARY SLESSOR and the rest missionaries came to africa, nigeria; when elctricitry and mordern day comforts were non existence.they accomplished a lot with little @their disposals,
guys like oyedepo could aswell travell to uganda, ruwanda or the inter land to spread christianity. this i doubt will happen when one enjoy so much comfort of 4 beutiful jets.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by stildude(m): 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
EarsWide:

@Defenders of the fraudster Oyedepo

I see you are dodging my questions, here they are again:

1) Where does his money come from - if not from your tithes and offering ? Before you say oil rig or some other nonsense make sure you tell us the name of the oil company. [color=#990000]The ministry's finance is divorced from the pastoral aspect of  the ministry. So, Oyedepo does not take offering nor tithe. Has stopped taking salary long time ago. You want to know where he gets his money? come to church[/color].

2) Why are his children in charge of the churches in London and New York - is the annointing now family based ?
I think most of his children studied abroad, and they are older in the ministry than some others who are also humble servants in some developed countries. He brought up his children in the fear of the lord.
3) Why do his/your universities charge more than public ones if the money to run them is coming from tithes and offerings ?
Oyedepo is a very skilled and intelligent man. His vision for the schools is to be among the best in the world. If you think education is expensive try ignorance.
4) Why does he condemn borrowing - yet you can donate online to his church with a credit card ? Free giving is not borrowing. One of the richest men of God is Kenneth Copeland. He still encourages people to be partners in his ministry. He could fund it himself if he wanted. you want to be blessed, you have to get into a covenant by first giving.

Lastly how can he or you call yourselves christians and think there is some genuine explanation for him/or your church owing 4 planes in the midst of so much poverty!!!
In your mind, would be so important to you if we gathered by the Lagos beach instead of the record breaking auditorium reputed to be the biggest in the world?  You wouldn't understand until you come to church.

For those who think he's puffed up, see Ps 34:2.

We have all been there before. When God touches you, you will be on the fore front of the vanguard to destroy mental enslavement and limitation of the people of Africa.  cos to some, It is ok to be poor, but why the hell are they rich?. MAY THE LORD DELIVER YOU!

This man has written books that have sold millions of copies worldwide, yet does not take the proceeds, instead, everything goes into the ministry.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Deltagal: 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2011
harakiri, u stop believing God because u have asked questions from a few christians and didnt get answers? U call God a non-existent Jewish god because organised religion has failed u? The hypocrisy in the churches and other forms of religion has spanned ages. Has ur spirituality also failed u? Organised religion has failed the world over Christian or no but individual spirituality is intrinsic to d existence of man. U have a Bible, have u read it through severally? If u address any subject on earth with the same cynicism and criticism as u do the existence of God do u think u would prove the veracity any school of thought?

I would love to have broad minded and open ended discussions with u, untainted by emotional reactions to any experience u have had past or present.

The subject of God, his existence, his personality and his ways can be far more enriching than u presently realise. U wanna try? Or ur mind made up?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by dare2think: 10:56pm On Apr 11, 2011
stildude:

I say it again, you are just jealous of the man's achievement. Would the issue have taken your attention, if he were one of those so called ''men of God'' that walk barefooted in Lagos ringing bells and taking money from commuters inside molues? If no, then you are jealous deluded hypocrite. I think you are also an anti- christ. Wow, I can see 666 on your fore head. Satan get Lost!

Ignorance is bliss.
Because I am now pointing out a man of fraud you call me the anti Christ, do they feed you guys cocaine in Canaanland? You really scare me because you are now sounding crazy.

Poverty has affected you reasoning faculty, hence the corruption of your thoughts.

Since you know about Canaan land. Pls is everyone in Canaanland rich? Have they all got Cars? Do they have access to good education? Do some ppl trek to church while their pastor flies around in Jets?

YOUR PASTOR IS A FRAUD.

please step outside your Zone and educate yourself, and more crucial expose yourself.

Your brain is not only being washed, it is empty.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by dare2think: 10:59pm On Apr 11, 2011
stildude:

This man has written books that have sold millions of copies worldwide, yet does not take the proceeds, instead, everything goes into the ministry.

How come it's not on the best seller list in the world. pls stop fascinating yourself. he is only popular in SW Nigeria. And that is the fact.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Deduke(m): 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
U people better stop gossiping men of God and channel ur energies into something more productive that will not get u and ur generation into trouble. Dis they say it was Dr. David Oyedepo's jet or the ministry, Its a church remember, and a large one at that, what is wrong with them having as many jets as possible to propagate the gospel, or is he using it for parties and picking up ladies, did he take ur money?, did u give offering to him or to God?, or you guys that are complaint, is it your money/?
Do u guys ever stop to wonder how many jets do you think the catholic church has (i.e. the Pope/ vatican) or how rich the church is (so would you then say the pope is a thief and a cunman), you people should remember that @the earth is the Lord and the fullness thereoff, and that when  you seek the Kingdom and God, all toher things shall be added onto you (miracle, money, health etc)

So be careful, The man has done more than any politician in ur counttry can vever do, Did he steal from you? Caution  Caution Caution, Watch ur mouth and bridle your toungs, TOUCH NOR MY ANNOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HAM (either with ur month, ur pen or ur keyboard). Thank you
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Sagamite(m): 11:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
Deduke:

U people better stop gossiping men of God and channel your energies into something more productive that will not get u and your generation into trouble. Dis they say it was Dr. David Oyedepo's jet or the ministry, Its a church remember, and a large one at that, what is wrong with them having as many jets as possible to propagate the gospel, or is he using it for parties and picking up ladies, did he take your money?, did u give offering to him or to God?, or you guys that are complaint, is it your money/?
Do u guys ever stop to wonder how many jets do you think the catholic church has (i.e. the Pope/ vatican) or how rich the church is (so would you then say the pope is a thief and a cunman), you people should remember that @the earth is the Lord and the fullness thereoff, and that when  you seek the Kingdom and God, all toher things shall be added onto you (miracle, money, health etc)

So be careful, The man has done more than any politician in your counttry can vever do, Did he steal from you? Caution  Caution Caution, Watch your mouth and bridle your toungs, TOUCH NOR MY ANNOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HAM (either with your month, your pen or your keyboard). Thank you

Bloody reetard!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by fstranger3(m): 11:22pm On Apr 11, 2011
^^^

Olori awom omo mo-r-o0-n

Ki lon shele ni agbole awon reetards? Are you still the king? May your reign last forever!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Sagamite(m): 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

Olori awom omo mo-r-o0-n

Ki lon shele ni agbole awon reetards? Are you still the king? May your reign last forever!

Cretin, you are still talking.

The bashing is not enough for you. grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by ogajim(m): 12:13am On Apr 12, 2011
Nigerians will justify anything no matter how ABSURD!

The Pope doesn't own a jet and I guess he doesn't have places to go or people to meet.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Konjour(m): 12:28am On Apr 12, 2011
Most Nigerians are so blinded by Religious devoutness, that's why the man will possibly buy more jets at the expense of his mindless bandwagon supporters. You simply don't need a stargazer to tell you that owning a jet as a man of God is hypocrisy and a stark sign of humility's deficiency, talkless of 4 muthafu.cking Jetliners whose joint value will represent a substantial amount of the National budget of the United states of America and some spiritually leprous and blind people can still open the ass.holes attached to their carcasses to proclaim this man whose university ranks among the most expensive in West Africa as one of the best things that happened in their lives, even his primary schools (Can't remember exactly what it was, but i think it was called 'The Kingdom heritage' schools) are exclusively for the middle and upper classes!!! I have a sibling who got married to a member of his church and the man's picture is like a sacred altar in their home! How long will it take people to recognise the fact that the God you serve is in your mind and not a glorified mud and clay statue's central bank that is nowadays termed as a church? Someone talked about miracles. Fuc.k.ing For Zap's sake!!!! If you have undiluted faith in God,you will definitely perform and experience much more astonishing miracles in the backyard of your junkyard! That clearly shows why some people will deliberately and readily fall cuz a pastor waves his hands towards you!!!!!! F, u.c.k!!!! Nuff said cuz i might cross my personal boundary of public expletives. Just can't help seething at the spiritually gullible inferiority complex being displayed by some people who think they are defending a true man of God. I'm not advocating for him cuz i'm not a member of his church,but i once lived close enough to Ikotun egbe and i have witnessed an apt demonstration of true Christian brotherhood vis-a-vis sharing and caring in the SCOAN,and by the SCOAN pastor. (Still seething hot here and won't mind trading a few words with someone!) @Sagamite, Love your comments on here tonight bro.  I doff my hat!  wink
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by mamagee3(f): 12:56am On Apr 12, 2011
stildude:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by KA24DETT(m): 1:33am On Apr 12, 2011
@SAGAMITE GOOD WORK,, talk some sense into these fools. @KONJOUR u just finished me lolll, am dying of laughter here son., tell them.

No matter how much u guys talk, these fools here see him as a definition of success,., these pastors actually are motivational speakers, these fools come every sunday so he can inspire them and they pay him by giving him their tithes, offerings, first seed and alll that. Its a good business model, no overhead cost and the pay is amazing for couple hours a week work.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by harakiri(m): 5:49am On Apr 12, 2011
Deltagal:

harakiri, u stop believing God because u have asked questions from a few christians and didnt get answers? U call God a non-existent Jewish god because organised religion has failed u? The hypocrisy in the churches and other forms of religion has spanned ages. Has your spirituality also failed u? Organised religion has failed the world over Christian or no but individual spirituality is intrinsic to d existence of man. U have  a Bible, have u read it through severally? If u address any subject on earth with the same cynicism and criticism as u do the existence of God do u think u would prove the veracity any school of thought?

I would love to have broad minded and open ended discussions with u, untainted by emotional reactions to any experience u have had past or present.

The subject of God, his existence, his personality and his ways can be far more enriching than u presently realise. U wanna try? Or your mind made up?

You still don't get it. . .

Can you answer this question by being straight forward/straight to the point without sentiments? Can you answer this question without beating about the bush? Just ONE question? Here goes. . .

WHAT CONCRETE PROOF CAN YOU BRING TO THE TABLE TO SHOW THAT THE BIBLE IS INDEED THE WORD OF THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE AND NOT A BOOK OF COOKED UP BED STORIES?

Can you answer this one question without referring BACK TO THAT SAME BIBLE that is under contention? This is just one simple question but i won't be surprised to come back here and see how nairalanders have misquoted everything i said out of context and i definitely wouldn't be surprised to come here and read loads of sentiments that are totally off the question i asked (Trust me, this is not the first or 10th time it's happened). Can you see how you prematurely judged me as being "sentimental and emotional" because of past experiences? Even when i clearly pointed out that where i have issues is with the authenticity of Christianity itself and you are attemtping to misquote everything i said out of context. embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed

I dare you to answer the question in a straight forward manner without beating about the bush (that would be a genuine miracle).
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 7:07am On Apr 12, 2011
@Deduke

For the record neither the pope nor the catholic church owns a single Jet despite being the richest religious organization in the world. The pope and his entourage normally travel by chartered flight any time they want to travel. They would rather use their riches to finance charities all over the world than use it to massage their egos like that fraudster oyedepo does. And it is sickening your claims that jets are needed to spread the gospel, this can only be lie the devil put in your hearts to justify Oledepo's crimes
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by EarsWide(m): 7:54am On Apr 12, 2011
@Stilldude

You have repeated the crap about him not getting money from the church, where does it come from then ? You have been going to his church, why dont you tell us ?

His children studied abroad on the back of your tithes and offerings while most of his congregation cannot afford good schools in Naija for their kids. Do you think that is christian like ? In any case 'studying abroad' does not qualify you to minister a church, I studied abroad, so do I qualify as a pastor ? Maybe I do, hmm ,  smiley

Your answer to the university question is nonsense, you will agree. f the school is been funded by the church why is it more expensive that government ones.

What do you mean by free giving is not borrowing ? In case you dont understand what a credit card is - it is probably the most expensive form of borrowing. So because I am giving moeny normal financial rules dont apply ?

Oyedepo is a fraudster and charlatan. I really cannot believe the numbers of people he manages to trick/fool/rob. I really hope that he is exposed sooner rather than later.

Yoruba people have a saying ' A child who is not taught at home, will be taught outside' - if the christian world will not deal with frauds and cheats like Oyedepo, the secular world will do it for us.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by lomaxbien(m): 8:34am On Apr 12, 2011
wait, i need to get this straight.
he already had 3 private jets before he bought this one? shocked shocked shocked
THATS 4 PRIVATE JETS TO HIS NAME AND PEOPLE THINK ITS OK?
angry angry angry
omg what is wrong with people? sad shocked angry angry angry angry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by derekcole: 9:07am On Apr 12, 2011
People who still attend this guys church must be very silly!! these man truly is a MAD man 4 calling his stupid self a pastor. pastor my foot. there are hundred of thousands in his church suffering and yet he is, he is a devil in human form. the wise wil not go to his church except the stupid ones.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Pukkah: 9:47am On Apr 12, 2011
stildude:

How many books has he written? What is the annual turnover (in specific naira amount) of these books? Don't prevaricate, just answer the questions.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by dare2think: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2011
dare2think:

@ sensible folks

Ignorant people should never impose their feudal ideologies on us. We must never accept. So sane mindS should keep asking questions, that's the only way to expose them.

Did Jesus need  5000 horses to spread the gospel? He had everyright to request it as he was genuine, performing miracles everyone could see.

What does a pastor need private jets for? When kids are dying of hunger in Nigeria/Africa / world.

This is not what jesus died for. To get one of his messengers cruising around in  jets while his other children are dying of hunger around the world.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Pukkah: 10:08am On Apr 12, 2011
KunleOshob:

@Deduke

For the record neither the pope nor the catholic church owns a single Jet despite being the richest religious organization in the world. The pope and his entourage normally travel by chartered flight any time they want to travel. They would rather use their riches to finance charities all over the world than use it to massage their egos like that fraudster oyedepo does. And it is sickening your claims that jets are needed to spread the gospel, this can only be lie the devil put in your hearts to justify Oledepo's crimes

Isn't this the simple essence of religion? A fact which some thick-headed folks have refused to either understand or admit?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by dare2think: 10:09am On Apr 12, 2011
Pukkah:

[/b]

How many books has he written? What is the annual turnover (in specific naira amount) of these books? Don't prevaricate, just answer the questions.

Please continue to ask questions, that's the only way to expose their ignorance.

PLS WHERE IS OYEDEPO'S NAME.

Source :Wikipedia ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books : Please click on the site, there are lots of best sellers, Pls help me find Bishop Oyedepo,

List of best-selling book series[edit] At least 100 million copiesBook series Author Original language No. of installments First published Approximate sales
Harry Potter J. K. Rowling English 7 + 3 companion books 1997–2007 more than 400 million for the 7 main books[102][103]
Goosebumps R. L. Stine English 62 + spin off series 1992–1997-present more than 350 million[104]
Perry Mason Erle Stanley Gardner English 82 1933 — 1970 300 million[105]
Berenstain Bears Stan and Jan Berenstain English over 300 1962 — present 260 million [106]
Choose Your Own Adventure various authors English 185 1979 — 1998 250 million [107]
Sweet Valley High Francine Pascal and ghostwriters English 400 1983–2003 250 million [108]
Noddy Enid Blyton English 24 1949–present 200 million[109]
Nancy Drew various authors as Carolyn Keene English 175 1930 — present 200 million[110]
The Railway Series
(spawned Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends) Rev. W. Awdry, Christopher Awdry English 41 1945–2007 200 million[111]
The Baby-sitters Club Ann Martin English 335 1986 — present 172 million[112]
Star Wars various authors English over 200 1977 — present 160 million [113]
Peter Rabbit Beatrix Potter English 6 1902–1930 150 million[114]
Chicken Soup for the Soul Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen English 105 1997 — present 130 million[115]
Frank Merriwell Gilbert Patten English 209 1896 - 125 million[116]
Dirk Pitt Clive Cussler English 19 1973 — present 120 million[117]
宮本武蔵 (Musashi) Eiji Yoshikawa Japanese 7 1935–1939 120 million[118]
American Girl various authors English  1986 — present 120 million[119]
The Chronicles of Narnia C. S. Lewis English 7 1949–1954 120 million[120]
Clifford the Big Red Dog Norman Bridwell English  1963 — present 110 million[121]
James Bond Ian Fleming English 14 1953–1966 more than 100 million[122]
Twilight Stephenie Meyer English 4 + 1 Novella 2005–2010 more than 100 million [123]
Mr. Men Roger Hargreaves, Adam Hargreaves English 43 1971 — present 100 million[124]
Martine Gilbert Delahaye, Marcel Marlier French 60 1954 — present 100 million[125]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Delafruita(m): 10:43am On Apr 12, 2011
@harakiri.
It's virtually impossible to find any evidence of the bible been the word of God except from the bible and probably from the quran which says the holy book "torah" which is the equivalent of the first five books of the old testament was revealed to prophet musa(moses) and that the holy book "injil" or bible was revealed to prophet isa or jesus.however it is claimed by islamic clerics that the book revelaed to isa is different from the one been peddled around today.it is on record that the bible as we know it today was put together by the council of nicea in 325AD.it was an act of selective inclusion and exclusion based on the personal opinion and wishes of emperor constantine and the bishops of his day.it is said that the bible was written by men who were inspired by God.i do not choose to dispute.after studying the bible,its evident that the old testament was a book plainly on the history of isreal as pertains to religion which was most likely written by historians of different ages.historians and archeologists have found a lot of evidence to back up biblical stories.for example davids's conduits have been found,sennacherib's images depicting his war against isreal has been found amidst the assyrian ruins,emperor tutakamen's relics also provide evidence to another story in bible,all this however still donot give evidence that the bible was inspired by God,it simply confirms the bible is historically accurate.the new testament is a book which contains books by apostles of jesus narrating happenings in his life from their perspective.its possible they were inspired by God just as it is possiible they depended on hearsay and personal opinion.it's also curios that the gospel according to barnabas(the man who introduced saulcum paul to the others) was not included in the bible.its also curious that almost half of the new testament was writtn by paul,who never met jesus.the truth is jesus never wrote anything,he never even talked about a holy book,this came about 325 years after his death and almost 225 years after paul's death.truth is even if these men were inspired by God to write,the bible wasnt compiled by them,rather it was compiled by a pagan emperor who had an agenda,along with catholic bishops who decided to include aspects that will support their views and excluded those that did not.personallly i accept the bible as God's word even though a lot of time a lot of its content get me thinking but after studying widely,i got to understand a lot of things,though not everything.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Pukkah: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2011
Delafruita:

@harakiri.
It's virtually impossible to find any evidence of the bible been the word of God except from the bible and probably from the quran which says the holy book "torah" which is the equivalent of the first five books of the old testament was revealed to prophet musa(moses) and that the holy book "injil" or bible was revealed to prophet isa or jesus.however it is claimed by islamic clerics that the book revelaed to isa is different from the one been peddled around today.it is on record that the bible as we know it today was put together by the council of nicea in 325AD.it was an act of selective inclusion and exclusion based on the personal opinion and wishes of emperor constantine and the bishops of his day.it is said that the bible was written by men who were inspired by God.i do not choose to dispute.after studying the bible,its evident that the old testament was a book plainly on the history of isreal as pertains to religion which was most likely written by historians of different ages.historians and archeologists have found a lot of evidence to back up biblical stories.for example davids's conduits have been found,sennacherib's images depicting his war against isreal has been found amidst the assyrian ruins,emperor tutakamen's relics also provide evidence to another story in bible,all this however still donot give evidence that the bible was inspired by God,it simply confirms the bible is historically accurate.the new testament is a book which contains books by apostles of jesus narrating happenings in his life from their perspective.its possible they were inspired by God just as it is possiible they depended on hearsay and personal opinion.it's also curios that the gospel according to barnabas(the man who introduced saulcum paul to the others) was not included in the bible.its also curious that almost half of the new testament was writtn by paul,who never met jesus.the truth is jesus never wrote anything,he never even talked about a holy book,this came about 325 years after his death and almost 225 years after paul's death.truth is even if these men were inspired by God to write,the bible wasnt compiled by them,rather it was compiled by a pagan emperor who had an agenda,along with catholic bishops who decided to include aspects that will support their views and excluded those that did not.personallly i accept the bible as God's word even though a lot of time a lot of its content get me thinking but after studying widely,i got to understand a lot of things,though not everything.

You have written like an informed and objective Christian.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by thameamead(f): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2011
@sagamite
Sir, Oyedepo is not different from David Cameron who you think flew to Majorca on Ryanair because he wanted to, Mr Cameron is nothing but a Master of spin, it was a publicity stunt to show he could live like ordinary people despite him bn a millionaire, evertthing he does is planned or scripted, he use to work in PR before he was given a safe seat in Withey,Oxfordshire.

Mr Cameron claimed large amounts of taxpayers money for mortgage interests on his £1M constituency home in Withey,Oxfordshire after paying off the mortage on his £2M london home, he claimed the maximum amount, infact he claimed the most in mortgage interest than any MP

Mr Cameron used taxpayers money to pay for utility bills, repairs including cleaning wisteris vines from a chimney, resealing his conservatory roof and replacing outside lights @ his Oxford home.

Mr Cameron initially put his personal photographer on taxpayers payroll until the left wing media leaked the story and their was public uproar, then he did a U-turn, don't forget he was not voted in by the public, he did not get a majority win despite the Murdoch mafia (The SUN @ THE TIMES) endorsing him, Rupert Murdoch endorsed Mr Camerom in exchange of Mr Cameron allowing Murdoch to buy the remainning shares in BSKYB. Murdoch is a foreigner who weighs too much power in the Uk, everybody is terrifired of crossing his path including the Metropolitan Police, Thank God for people like George Galloway, hopefully his Bksyb takeover won't go ahead.

Mr Cameron refused to establish whether Lord Ashcrof who was one of the biggest donors of the Tory Scums paid Uk taxes, Lord Ashcroft who has sustantial stakes in websites like ConservativesHome and PoliticsHomes, he owns main forums in which members of the party speak to each other. turns out Lord Ashcroft has invaded paying £113M in tax, that amount would stop a couple of centres for disabled and old people from closing due to the cuts,

i
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by dare2think: 11:16am On Apr 12, 2011
thameamead:

@sagamite
Sir, Oyedepo is not different from David Cameron who you think flew to Majorca on Ryanair because he wanted to, Mr Cameron is nothing but a Master of spin, it was a publicity stunt to show he could live like ordinary people despite him bn a millionaire, evertthing he does is planned or scripted, he use to work in PR before he was given a safe seat in Withey,Oxfordshire.

Mr Cameron claimed large amounts of taxpayers money for mortgage interests on his £1M constituency home in Withey,Oxfordshire after paying off the mortage on his £2M london home, he claimed the maximum amount, infact he claimed the most in mortgage interest than any MP

Mr Cameron used taxpayers money to pay for utility bills, repairs including cleaning wisteris vines from a chimney, resealing his conservatory roof and replacing outside lights @ his Oxford home.

You seem very adept in Uk politics. I agree with your statements. Thanks for the correction of the analogy used in this case.

Mr Cameron initially put his personal photographer on taxpayers payroll until the left wing media leaked the story and their was public uproar, then he did a U-turn, don't forget he was not voted in by the public, he did not get a majority win despite the Murdoch mafia (The SUN @ THE TIMES) endorsing him, Rupert Murdoch endorsed Mr Camerom in exchange of Mr Cameron allowing Murdoch to buy the remainning shares in BSKYB. Murdoch is a foreigner who weighs too much power in the Uk, everybody is terrifired of crossing his path including the Metropolitan Police, Thank God for people like George Galloway, hopefully his Bksyb takeover won't go ahead.

Mr Cameron refused to establish whether Lord Ashcrof who was one of the biggest donors of the Tory Scums paid Uk taxes, Lord Ashcroft who has sustantial stakes in websites like ConservativesHome and PoliticsHomes, he owns main forums in which members of the party speak to each other. turns out Lord Ashcroft has invaded paying £113M in tax, that amount would stop a couple of centres for disabled and old people from closing due to the cuts,

Thanks for the clarification. It did not seem like the appropiate analogy to use (on sagamite's part). Uk politicians are very skilled and manipulative, but hey, they still perform their duties.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by dare2think: 11:21am On Apr 12, 2011
Delafruita:

@harakiri.

Nice one.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by stildude(m): 11:38am On Apr 12, 2011
I know why some members of this forum have not bothered to post any reply to the accusation and senseless criticism by atheists in this forum. You just can't be reasoned with. If studying abroad makes you a pastor, like one contributor  mentioned, then I too should be one, obtaining two masters degree from  European Universities.  Maybe your definition of education or 'sophistication' has cast darkness upon your mental capacity, but you seem to see it the other way round.  Like some great man said, '' you think you are too intelligent to believe in God, I am not like you'' I was once like most of you (even Paul in the bible thought he was acting learned  when he was persecuting the church until, he changed sides and mentality FORCEFULLY. well, some of you don't believe in the bible anyway) I used to think I was cool and sophisticated, developing arguments and conceiving senseless questions. I was also one time, a member of the cult! - of Africa AKA Confranternity. Did some unimaginable things. Well, I am glad, I am alive today, as many have fallen both friends and foes. Some guys just take pleasure in dissing 'men of God' thinking they are so cool arguing over and reasoning on beer and hard drug, guys  who don't have a road map of where they are heading. All I can say is, believe what you want to believe. Since, you are have all the time in the world to 'yab' one man that is blessed already, then you have a job. sit all day on the internet and gossip instead of doing something worthwhile with your life.  Anyways, If they don't gossip you, then you are not relevant in the environment where you are.

Now to the issue of best sellers. How many religious books are on your list and how many authors from Africa are there. You guys want facts, you just type on your keyboard and expect it to come out. Facts may come out that way some times, necessarily not African data, most are not to be found on the internet.  Even In your Universities abroad, You need to go to the libraries to get materials in hard copies. Those are more authentic. In any case, fact may be found there, not truth. A small analysis, there are more than 120,000 worshipers in Canaan land alone, there are branches of the church in every major population in Nigeria right now both rural and urban. There are centers in most countries of the world even in predominantly moslem nations. The bishop's book are found in every one of those homes! I have at least 10 of his books. I am not even a pastor.

Now to the story. Jets are procured for the church for some specific assignment not a display of affluence by the Bishop. Kenneth copeland has given out jets as gifts to people several times.

It is only a useless child that will stand by and watch people rubbish his father in his presence. Oyedepo is my father, I am not from South west and definitly not yoruba. Now, where I am from, winners is also popular there, unlike one of you think. Now this is the last time, I will comment on this issue.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Deltagal: 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2011
@ HARAKIRI
It is unreasonable to  ask for proof that the bible is genuine without consulting the bible.if u were given a 100 dollar bill that you thot was fake how would you prove to yourself that its either genuine or fake?is it not by checking the money carefully to see if it has the marks of real money.will you just say i think this money is fake but rather than check it carefully i'd rather check any other person's money be it naira or pounds or whatever. guy u have every right to believe what you want but i will just say this the bible is not a bunch of fables glued together by some old men in brown robes.it is the word of God and i categorically tell that the evidence to prove that the bible is the word of God are abundant.
1.fulfilled prophecies.the bible foretold the destrustion of babylon,tyre and jerusalem amongst other things.they came true to the last letter of those prophecies.babylon today is a heap of ruins just like the bible said it would be.
2.the bible is scientifically accurate.even before men knew the earth was round and was suspended in space the bible said it.that God was dwelling above the circle of the earth and that he was hanging the earth on nothing.these words were uttered before telescopes.if the bible was not inspired by God then i wonder how job and isaiah got the info.
3.the bible is the only book that successfully answers questions like why are we here? why does God permit wickedness,why do we die etc.no other book has even tried not to talk of answering those questions.
4.the survival of the bible is another proof of its divine inspiration.no other book has endured as much persecuion as the bible.hebrews and the cristians suffered a great deal and were often exiled and conquered by many nations yet the bible stayed  intact.dont  forget that those words were written on papyrus and then later on scrolls.God kept them safe and now today we have the bible complete
5.the  bible is also historically accurate,archaeologist have proven most of the things talked about in the bible.things that even jewish historians like josephus and herodotus agreed with
these are just a few reasons why I believe that the bible is the word of God. sorry for derailing the thread but i just wanted to clarify stuff.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Sagamite(m): 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2011
thameamead:

@sagamite

He had no option but to fly budget.

If he had spent his OWN money and gone on an expensive holiday, tthe media would have attacked him for "lapping it up" whilst people were losing their jobs and benefits.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

Sunday Adelaja Speaks On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal / Blind Prophet, Kasali's 2016 Prophecies About Buhari. / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.