Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,016 members, 7,835,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet (55147 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by cameronese(m): 11:48pm On Apr 09, 2011

pls
l recommend this book for u------Prosperity by Fredrick K.C price, Gods will is properity by Gloria copland
pls go get dis books and deliver urself from dark knowledge

So the books you recommended are your bible?

No wonder! now i believe some people are truly reetard
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by harakiri(m): 11:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
The more i keep reading comments like these, the more i believe that at least 89% of Nigerians are reetards! ! ! So shallow minded and can't think for themselves. I wonder what schools are for when the only thing they "learn" is how to read and write.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by e4edward: 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
Bring you all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house, and prove me now herewith, said the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
-Malachi 3:10

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-Matthew 6:33

How will God Bless you when all you do is criticize those who are blessed?, Read his real story first before criticizing blindly.   lipsrsealed
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Sagamite(m): 12:00am On Apr 10, 2011
harakiri:

The more i keep reading comments like these, the more i believe that at least 89% of Nigerians are reetards! ! ! So shallow minded and can't think for themselves. I wonder what schools are for when the only thing they "learn" is how to read and write.

Off by one!

90%!

And here is one of them:

e4edward:

Bring you all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house, and prove me now herewith, said the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
-Malachi 3:10

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

How will God Bless you when all you do is criticize those who are blessed?, Read his real story first before criticizing blindly.   lipsrsealed

Utter cretins!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Feraz(m): 12:38am On Apr 10, 2011
Sagamite, abeg, abeg. . .calm down
@op, it pains me when people idolize their pastors (from the comments i'm seeing here). Someone even said that the mentioned man of God is the true definition of financial prosperity *smh*.
Someone even said Jesus rode on one of the most expensive transports then. . Most of his disciples, where they not fishermen that had their personal boats with their hard earned money? Even Paul was a tanner. Recall when he visited was it Aquila and his wife, did he depend on their hard earned money? Then, they all had something doing but how many pastors now have a handwork?
Compare the disciples of then and pastors now and see the clear difference. . .
Why were they called christians then?
Like someone said, seeing the fleet and the convoys at their command make you wonder if psalm 23 exists or however he puts it. . . .
Funny insults here though. . . . . .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Deltagal: 12:42am On Apr 10, 2011
e4edward

What things did Jesus say would be added to those who seek his kingdom?? read  mathew chapter 6:25-33 and u will realize he meant food,drink and clothing.What that simply means is that if we seek God kingdom first, God will give us those things we really need.Since u like quoting scriptures heres one for you and ur self serving pastors:

(2 Peter 2:1-3) . . .However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among YOU. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves. 2 Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. 3 Also, with covetousness they will exploit YOU with counterfeit words. But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering. . .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by LesbianBoy(m): 1:14am On Apr 10, 2011
Wat amazes me is wat these mugu followers are claiming got him the kinda of money he has!!
These one will say he writes and sells books,video,audio, Lol since the jet is for the whole church then go and ride in it now!!! Make him bouncers shoot una big heads!!!! Another thing u big heads need to observe! why is convenant school fees expensive am very sure he knows dat 'strike' is one thing that affect the innocent nigerian youth. Now instead of finding solution since he is rich by giving university education free, if not free atleast it could have bin low so that lots of ppl can come but no! he made it high to gain more and more, lots of ppl who go to convenant dnt attend his church but their parent go close eye send their children there because its better to pay high school fees than to go to the federal university for a four year course and end up staying 8years because of strike!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by okhiria1: 1:20am On Apr 10, 2011
make he just dey waste money
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by ssumpta(f): 1:25am On Apr 10, 2011
harakiri:

You are the 'reetard'. For believing that you can reason for 1 million people who are living the faith, with your rattlebrain!
You are not even a member of the church. You ignorant jew!

How has your ranting on some social networking site changed the figures in Living Faith account?

People are getting saved, liberated and empowered. If you don't like it, wait till judgment day. Only thing is,  that day , you won't be standing before God accusing Bishop Oyedepo. U'll be there pleading for your own self-righteous misguided a**e.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by ijawgirl: 3:03am On Apr 10, 2011
nn

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 10, 2011
4 Jets? what nonsense!!! Thats too freakin much. Are his church members daft (Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Nobody: 4:19am On Apr 10, 2011
jek1471:

his is the Lord's doing and it is marvellous in our eyes. God will continue to bless this great man of God for this generation and the generation to come. This goes to challenge all that the God of Bishop David Oyedepo is a real God

SHEEPLE! God aint blessing that dude. Apparently, he's blessing himself! Dey there!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by dare2think: 7:35am On Apr 10, 2011
ssumpta:

You are the 'reetard'.  For believing that you can reason for 1 million people who are living the faith, with your rattlebrain!

How has your ranting on some social networking site changed the figures in Living Faith account?

People are getting saved, liberated and empowered. If you don't like it, wait till judgment day. Only thing is,  that day , you won't be standing before God accusing Bishop Oyedepo. U'll be there pleading for your own self-righteous misguided a**e.

How do you know where he would stand on jugdement day? Did God speak to you? Do you know which side you would stand?
How come you can reason for those who are getting saved, liberated, and empowered?

So who is the 'reeeetard'?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Jenifa1: 8:06am On Apr 10, 2011
this is ridiculous! what would Jesus do? buying four luxurious private jets while many church members can't even afford three meals a day?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by harakiri(m): 11:26am On Apr 10, 2011
ssumpta:

You are the 'reetard'.  For believing that you can reason for 1 million people who are living the faith, with your rattlebrain!

***[s]Another retard has come forward to declare her status as a bonafide-brainwashed-religious-zombie! ! ![/s]***
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by harakiri(m): 11:49am On Apr 10, 2011
tony_runo:

4 Jets? what nonsense!!! Thats too freakin much. Are his church members daft (Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein)

Albert Einstein was a legend. That dude knew what he was talking about. The thing is, i can't blame people though (especially religious Nigerians). There is so much hardship in the land and they desperately cling unto anything or anyone that brings promise of hope (even if it's false). A lot of the reetards jabbering here are actually entranced by the stupendous wealth Oyedepo blatantly displays for all to see and it's actually HIM that they worship and not some non existent Jewish god. All they see is a guy who's successful and they want to be like him or at least, have a slice of what he has. When i was a religious person, i attended some services at his church and i can tell you this. . .that scammer pastor spends at least 95% of the service time frame talking about HIMSELF! ! ! It's always about how his "god" delivered him from financial lack, how he's so blessed that he can't count his blessings, how his god is a wonderful god, how his god did this and that for him, bla bla bla. Sunday to Sunday, it's the same thing. When the preaching gets boring, from his soliloquy he'll jump into singing praises, bla bla bla, then back to talking about himself. . .utterly pathetic!

The way Nigerians go about Christianity is no different from the way they worship village idols. The way they regard their "men of god" is no different from the way the run to babalawos for help "when things aren't moving well". All people care about is results and nothing more. If we are to judge by what the biblical Jesus and his disciples displayed as true Christianity, you'll clearly see that it doesn't conform with what is obtainable now. Whilst the biblical Jesus preached about blessings in heaven, today's "men of god" preach about heaven on earth. Whilst Jesus preached about being meek,modest and suffering untold hardship as a necessary sacrifice to enter heaven, today's "men of god" and their followers vehemently reject such ideology and denounce it as NOT BEING THEIR PORTION! The present day "men of god" are no different from the Pharisees the biblical Jesus preached against.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to poverty of the mind and pocket. The most progressive nations in the world today are the ones where religious people are the lesser minority and religion is treated more as a ceremonial custom rather than a sacred value e.g Finland,Germany, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein,Sweden,Switzerland and so on. Their citizenry is averagely rich and have the highest per capita income in the world. Whilst they take their destiny in their own hands and deal with their problems head on, dumb a$$ religious Nigerians bury their heads in the sand out of cowardice, hope and pray that some non existent god will come flying through the clouds like Superman to save them. No wonder this country remains un-progressive.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Delafruita(m): 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2011
Some time ago,i was a devoted member of a certain church.we were encouraged to follow the ways of christ,give tithes and offerings,sacrifice to church projects,etc.a little while later,the church wanted to erect a building in a high bro area of the city,members were encouraged to give sacrificially to which many responded by giving their cars,televisions,lands etc.the edifice was completed within 6months and was dedicated.a short while later,the pastor's wife bought a hyundai sonata which by the standard's of then was luxurious,then we started having bankers as ushers collecting offering and i later discovered that the bank had taken a loan to finance the building of the church and the tithes and offering every sunday was geared towards the loan repayment.all this got me asking myself questions such as
1. Why should a pastor take a loan for the work of Od?
2. Why at a time of sacrificial giving and loan repayment is the pastor's wife buying a luxurious car?
Then a friend of mine said something,he said churches are full in nigeria because of the failure of our nation.if for example a parent can afford to send his kids to a private university or if there were enough government universities,will people be seeking admission at the feet of pastors?
I do agree that God is the almighty and that he answers prayers though his pastors but a lot of confusion is present in christendom.it has now become a competition between pastors/churches.pastos now potray a situation where prayers are answered because it is said by them,they tell you if you want to prosper you have to remain in their church,that if you go to another church,even if its a bible believing church,you will be a failure whereas God made it clear he is present everywhere.it has now become the norm to pray to God using the pastor's name e.g "God of oyedepo,God of Adeboye,God of ayo babalola etc".personally i have nothing against bishop oyedepo and i believe it is his preroative to buy a jet if "he" can afford it jus as it is mine to buy a choppper if i can afford it.but when such an amount is expended and members are going hungry then in my opinion,priorities have been misplaced.if the advocates of the purchase can reliably and truthfully tell us that there are no poor people in winners chapel then i have no point but if the can't say that,then they really need to stop this blind advocacy.4.5billion naira is the reveniue accruing to ekiti state for 3months from which salaries are pain,roads are constructed etc and some people say it alright for such an amout to be expended on buying a fourth jet?that's bollocks.do you realise how many lives within the church would be changed with just 1million naira?aside from prophet T.B joshua who gives excessively to his church members and outsiders,i am yet to see a pastor that sets aside an amount for their church members.they tell the members to wait for their reward from God.i believe in God,i pay my tithe but that doesnt mean i support all the things that happen in churches.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by IYANGBALI: 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2011
bishop Oyedepo i am an orphan pls come and adopt me and will some of your property especially the 4 jets to me wen you finally peme,remember God loves a cheerful giver grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by toriamint: 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
Dis is a serious issue, I dnt knw wat our churches is turnin into.bt lets pray 4 God's help. Lets judge nt.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2011
This is good news, you can shed tears if you want to and say all kinds but you can't stop God from blessing His own. The gospel of Christ is expanding

I advice you go there and see what God is doing than for you to bring God's curses upon your lives with your mouth and your words.

Am so sure your lives will be 100% better if the Spirit of Christ at work in you than the spirit of your father the devil.

Am glad to let you know that the fifth is coming and so on until the gospel of Christ has taken over the whole world.

There are some classes of men of God you don't even talk against them, Bishop David Oyedepo is one of them. You don't know the secret of his prosperity until you know his heart beat for God. How many of you love God the way he does and you open your mouth and say all sorts.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Hoodrat(m): 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2011
I will like you all to do me a favor by checking the profile of the nairalander supporting this man of Fraud or ask them if they have ever left the shore of nigeria because if they do they would know so well that this is obvious fraud and nowhere in europe you can find a bishop or pastor with a private jet and nowhere in europe you can count about 5 to 6 church in a street takless of a town, Christianity is for controling of mind and puting people in bondage for money and there is nothing real in it. A friend of mine narrated his encounter with Pastor oyedepo at the Murtala muhammed airport on his way to france, my friend had a little problem getting money to balanced his ticket up which was 4000 naira only and he happily walked up to bishop oyedepo hoping there will be a solution to his 4000 naira bill but pastor oyedepo wife stuned him and angrily said no to my friend. That was a shocking experience so what are the essence of all the preaching and bible reference with no obvious practical? lets face reality and dont get fooled, I dont blame the congrgation because there are so many forces in nigeria that destroy the mind and many people are left with no hope but to keep going to pastor and prophet who is ready to tell them sweet things and open their spiritual eyes like they say,  lipsrsealed cry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2011
steve4life:

This is good news, you can shed tears if you want to and say all kinds but you can't stop God from blessing His own. The gospel of Christ is expanding

I advice you go there and see what God is doing than for you to bring God's curses upon your lives with your mouth and your words.

Am so sure your lives will be 100% better if the Spirit of Christ at work in you than the spirit of your father the devil.

Am glad to let you know that the fifth is coming and so on until the gospel of Christ has taken over the whole world.

There are some classes of men of God you don't even talk against them, Bishop David Oyedepo is one of them. You don't know the secret of his prosperity until you know his heart beat for God. How many of you love God the way he does and you open your mouth and say all sorts.

Zombie o, Zombie!

Zombie no go think except you tell am to think

Zombie
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by fstranger3(m): 1:10pm On Apr 10, 2011
SAGAMITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHATZ UP NIGGI?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Dauchman(m): 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2011
steve4life:

I think this is the funniest I have read so far. So he needs a private jet to spread the news to all corners of the earth or rather he needs a private jet to replicate what the old missions did. When the catholics, anglicans, methodists, and lutherans where spreading the gospel, i wonder how many private jets they bought. When the disciples were spreading the gospel they must have bought over a hundred private jets foor chirsitianity to have gotten that wide spread. For your information the gospel has gotten to all corners of this earth so i do not know what gospel your pastor is spreading. And i believe we have technology that allows you sit in your country and spread the news.

O! and i noticed you have called people who are objective the children of the devil, that's amazing, for someone who claims to be a member of God's family. If that is what you learn at winners, i am really sorry for you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by ezego3(m): 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2011
A long time ago the 'Oyinbos' realised that you could control the masses through something called religion and they came up with beautiful doctrines to control the masses effectively, has anyone ever compared the vast similarities between classical greek mythology ie Zeus, Hades , Hercules etc. especially how Hercules was conveived by a mortal woman and had to to so and so and so before he died an was made immortal blah blah blah. Anyway some lucky Nigerians stumbled on that concept and have used it to their good will which is what we see.

The human mind in it's simplistic form is similar to any other animal specie and with proper knowhow(can't find the exact word) can be tamed in submission. Anyways I'm not going to go on and on but as long as these arrested souls have hope of a better life to come(which actually satisfies the soul) then let's be happy for them.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by harakiri(m): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
steve4life:

If i were to rise as another Adolf Hitler in this country, it's people like you (who are the vast majority of reetards in this country unfortunately) that i would order to be taken out to the open and shot point blank in the head! Your IQ is so low that i can't decipher who's "smarter" between you and a donkey! People like you are the reason why this country has no hope of progress. Instead of addressing the real problems in your life and your environment, you choose to worship another human being all because he gives you false hope of "blessings,miracles from above and divine intervention". You are a blight on the surface of the earth, an error of creation and a disgrace to the black race.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by harakiri(m): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2011
Hoodrat:

I will like you all to do me a favor by checking the profile of the nairalander supporting this man of Fraud or ask them if they have ever left the shore of nigeria because if they do they would know so well that this is obvious fraud and nowhere in europe you can find a bishop or pastor with a private jet and nowhere in europe you can count about 5 to 6 church in a street takless of a town,  Christianity is for controling of mind and puting people in bondage for money and there is nothing real in it. A friend of mine narrated his encounter with Pastor oyedepo at the Murtala muhammed airport on his way to france, my friend had a little problem getting money to balanced his ticket up which was 4000 naira only and he happily walked up to bishop oyedepo hoping there will be a solution to his 4000 naira bill but pastor oyedepo wife stuned him and angrily said no to my friend. That was a shocking experience so what are the essence of all the preaching and bible reference with no obvious practical? lets face reality and dont get fooled,  I dont blame the congrgation because there are so many forces in nigeria that destroy the mind and many people are left with no hope but to keep going to pastor and prophet who is ready to tell them sweet things and open their spiritual eyes like they say,   lipsrsealed cry

Like i said earlier, it all boils down to poverty of the mind and pocket. If Nigeria was a country were there was social security,security of life and property, government intervention for down trodden people and SOS projects. . .all these scammers called "men of god" would be put out of business. Isn't it a disgrace that there is barely any street in Lagos without at least 2 churches excluding house fellowships (VGC might be excluded. . .lol). Even the "white man" who brought this religion to Africa as a means of controlling the minds of the people and stamping down their authority in the land DON'T take the religion as serious as we do. Nigeria easily passes as the most religious country in the world and yet. . .we are the most cruel,uncaring,vile,biased,dishonest,distrustful and wicked to our fellow human beings. Sunday to Sunday, people jump up and down in church and nod their heads like Agama lizards to everything their "man of god" says and after which, they are back to their everyday wicked lives. ALL our leaders are religious people (Christians and Moslems alike). Does that stop them from looting government funds on a daily basis to the extent this country has been brought to it's knees? People wed in church every weekend and take "sacred vows". Does that stop them from cheating on each other and making each other's lives totally unbearable? Nigeria is the only country in the world where you'll see people giving testimony of their "god's" blessing in their lives by getting awarded with GOVERNMENT CONTRACT! Everybody in Nigeria already knows that what the person is happy for is that he/she has been given the opportunity to loot their own share of the "national cake" and you'll see everyone (including their "man of god"wink rejoicing and giving "thanks". Nigeria is the only country in the world where you'll see people giving testimony that they've finally been given visa to travel to Malaysia,Singapore,Libya,Morocco,South Africa or Taiwan! Isn't it a big disgrace?

Once more like i said earlier, it all boils down to poverty of the mind and pocket.

Nuff said! ! !
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by DeeJay20: 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2011
harakiri:

Like i said earlier, it all boils down to poverty of the mind and pocket. If Nigeria was a country were there was social security,security of life and property, government intervention for down trodden people and SOS projects. . .all these scammers called "men of god" would be put out of business. Isn't it a disgrace that there is barely an street in Lagos without a least 2 churches excluding house fellowships (VGC might be excluded. . .lol). Even the "white man" who brought this religion to Africa as a means of controlling the minds of the people and stamping down their authority in the land DON'T take the religion as serious as we do. Nigeria easily passes as the most religious country in the world and yet. . .we are the most cruel,uncaring,vile,biased,dishonest,distrustful and wicked to our fellow human beings. Sunday to Sunday, people jump up and down in church and nod their heads like Agama lizards to everything their "man of god" says and after which, they are back to their everyday wicked lives. ALL our leaders are religious people (Christians and Moslems alike). Does that stop them from looting government funds on a daily basis to the extent this country has been brought to it's knees? People wed in church every weekend and take "sacred vows". Does that stop them from cheating on each other and making each other's lives totally unbearable? Nigeria is the only country in the world where you'll see people giving testimony of their "god's" blessing in their lives by getting awarded with GOVERNMENT CONTRACT! Everybody in Nigeria already knows that what the person is happy for is that he/she has been given the opportunity to loot their own share of the "national cake" and you'll see everyone (including their "man of god"wink rejoicing and giving "thanks". Nigeria is the only country in the world where you'll see people giving testimony that they've finally been given visa to travel to Malaysia,Singapore,Libya,Morocco,South Africa or Taiwan! Isn't it a big disgrace?

Once more like i said earlier, it all boils down to poverty of the mind and pocket.

Nuff said! ! !

YOOOOOO DUDE!, U hit a home run!!!! The Bolded Comments are Priceless!!!

ROFLMAO !!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by elikiba(m): 4:19pm On Apr 10, 2011
The N4 Billion is enough to sponsor 400 of his members to go to his school for the next four years but no he wont because there will be no money coming in from there.

Church business is good business
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by Papido(m): 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2011
I have read every comment in this discourse because I am deeply concerned. Incidentally, i work and live in Canaanland. I have been here for over 6years. I have read the comments for and against the 4th Jet purchase. I can understand the anger of those against it and i can also understand the loyalty of those in defence of the man of God. This is my position as a first hand observer. While I personally cannot defend the rationale behind owning 4 jets, I can say authoritatively that Oyedepo is a very prudent man. for instance, some of those jets are somewhat self financing. He operates a chartered air service under the name DOMIAIR. In other words, if you have the cash, any nairalander or church member can charter these jets for a fee. So tell me, if he owns 10 jets and they are self financing, don't you think that makes business sense? It's like buying and hiring out multiple okada to others. through this, you employ others and increase your own income level. If he were using them all by himself, then i submit that it is an obcene display of wealth. Someone else will question why he has founded businesses as a preacher. I cannot answer that question on his behalf but this much i can offer. Oyedepo has transformed and impacted the face of christianity globally. He has done what no one else has dared. That's what makes him a pioneer and an entrepreneur. His business sense exceeds that of most of our conventional businessmen. Dangote may be touted as Africa's richest man but we all experienced how he was scampering about the last time Sanusi harassed borrowers. He owed in billions without collateral. The depositors' moneys could have been lost had Sanusi not done that. Oyedepo has not borrowed a dime and keeps asking publicly for anyone he owes to come forward.

I also do not believe that over 100,000 worshippers are being defrauded by him. Abraham Lincoln said ''YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME. YOU CAN ALSO FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME BUT YOU CANNOT FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME'' These people are no fools and if there is some fraud, he would have been uncovered in his 30years of operation. when you enter Canaanland, you will open your mouth in awe and wonder where all these people (members) got their money from.  There are poor people there, yes, but there are thousands of quiet millionaires there too and many of them are business wizards who will not be fooled all the time. one of such prominent members is the MD of eTranzact (who by the way is a billionaire). i have seen Omotola (the actress) there a couple of times.

In conclusion, having observed him at close quarters, i know this man is a genuine man of God. However, he is also a human being who is susceptible to human error and misadvice just like you and I. I cannot begin to tell of my angry experiences as an employee over some of his policies but in all, I am grateful because I feed my family by working in one of his businesss establishments. And like every pioneer of a strange work, Oyedepo has seen his fair share of criticisms. The Jesus Christ we mentioned was attacked sorely and even killed in His days but today we all celebrate Him, Christians and Muslims alike. Pioneers experience terrible opposition in their days but their messages reverberate in generations following. Because Jesus' life was cut short (Just 3.5yrs) of operation, none of us can say that Jesus would not have bought a jet were He on earth today. The fact that people are poor does not say that someone else shouldn't ride a jet. How many of us that are critisizing him in this forum have decided to sell our houses and live outside (just because there are homeless people living under Oshodi bridge)? None I suppose. I will be glad to offer more insights on this subject (as an insider) if need be.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by ezego3(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2011
@papido so you have confirmed that your pastor is a fund manger with no beneficiaries but himself. At least he ploys the lucky few like yourself. Who is he accountable to for using all these church money to do business? At least dangote is not collecting money in the name of God to run his business.

Now tell me why can't all you ignorant people pool alll your resources together and do some business and share the dividends equally amongst yourself rather than giving this greedy pastor?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Acquires Yet Another N4.5b Private Jet by dare2think: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
Papido:

I have read every comment in this discourse because I am deeply concerned. Incidentally, i work and live in Canaanland. I have been here for over 6years. I have read the comments for and against the 4th Jet purchase. I can understand the anger of those against it and i can also understand the loyalty of those in defence of the man of God. This is my position as a first hand observer. While I personally cannot defend the rationale behind owning 4 jets, I can say authoritatively that Oyedepo is a very prudent man. for instance, some of those jets are somewhat self financing. He operates a chartered air service under the name DOMIAIR. In other words, if you have the cash, any nairalander or church member can charter these jets for a fee. So tell me, if he owns 10 jets and they are self financing, don't you think that makes business sense? It's like buying and hiring out multiple okada to others. through this, you employ others and increase your own income level. If he were using them all by himself, then i submit that it is an obcene display of wealth. Someone else will question why he has founded businesses as a preacher. I cannot answer that question on his behalf but this much i can offer. Oyedepo has transformed and impacted the face of christianity globally. He has done what no one else has dared. That's what makes him a pioneer and an entrepreneur. His business sense exceeds that of most of our conventional businessmen. Dangote may be touted as Africa's richest man but we all experienced how he was scampering about the last time Sanusi harassed borrowers. He owed in billions without collateral. The depositors' moneys could have been lost had Sanusi not done that. Oyedepo has not borrowed a dime and keeps asking publicly for anyone he owes to come forward.

I also do not believe that over 100,000 worshippers are being defrauded by him. Abraham Lincoln said ''YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME. YOU CAN ALSO FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME BUT YOU CANNOT FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME'' These people are no fools and if there is some fraud, he would have been uncovered in his 30years of operation. when you enter Canaanland, you will open your mouth in awe and wonder where all these people (members) got their money from.  There are poor people there, yes, but there are thousands of quiet millionaires there too and many of them are business wizards who will not be fooled all the time. one of such prominent members is the MD of eTranzact (who by the way is a billionaire). i have seen Omotola (the actress) there a couple of times.

In conclusion, having observed him at close quarters, i know this man is a genuine man of God. However, he is also a human being who is susceptible to human error and misadvice just like you and I. I cannot begin to tell of my angry experiences as an employee over some of his policies but in all, I am grateful because I feed my family by working in one of his businesss establishments. And like every pioneer of a strange work, Oyedepo has seen his fair share of criticisms. The Jesus Christ we mentioned was attacked sorely and even killed in His days but today we all celebrate Him, Christians and Muslims alike. Pioneers experience terrible opposition in their days but their messages reverberate in generations following. Because Jesus' life was cut short (Just 3.5yrs) of operation, none of us can say that Jesus would not have bought a jet were He on earth today. The fact that people are poor does not say that someone else shouldn't ride a jet. How many of us that are critisizing him in this forum have decided to sell our houses and live outside (just because there are homeless people living under Oshodi bridge)? None I suppose. I will be glad to offer more insights on this subject (as an insider) if need be.

@Papido
@ Papido,

your response has been the most responsible i have seen from the Oyedepo apologist so far, Thank you for your insight and response. You sound honest.

But you also sound bias. It's natural since you are attached to his establishment. But please i disagree with some points you raised so permit me to discuss further.
You said," The fact that people are poor does not say that someone else shouldn't ride a jet". You miss the point,, we are not talking of anybody, we are talking about a man who calls himself God's messenger. There should be no poor person in is vicinity if he has money to get get a jet. hence the contradiction.

you also said "How many of us that are critisizing him in this forum have decided to sell our houses and live outside" , pls how many of us has claimed to be Men of God?. How many of us has raised anybody's hope? How many of us get the donation of innocent people with promise of prosperity? Your analogy is simple not relevant to the present situation.

You said "I cannot begin to tell of my angry experiences as an employee over some of his policies but in all, I am grateful because I feed my family by working in one of his businesss establishments". Good you acknowledge some of his wrong policies, but your bias set in because of your livelihood, which puts us best to give a constructive critique of him without bias.

to be cont.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Apostle Johnson Suleman Celebrates His Birthday In Washington D.C (Photos) / I Saw Bishop David Oyedepo In Hell With His Followers - Female Preacher (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.