Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? (56720 Views)

Mark Babatunde Living In Russia’s Yakutia, Cold Village, Shares Photos / Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics / Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by SenecaTheYonger: 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
Because of America's propaganda. Do you even know how brainwash the avg Nigerian is by US media? Lol

All my life i've always thought Russia was impossible to live in as a Black.
James4bright:
Obviously I know a good number of Nigerians are in Russia already. But one thing I've realized is that most Nigerians don't add Russia to their country of preference compared to UK, Canada and Germany.

Some would even prefer to start up with smaller countries like Estonia. I hope you all know Russia is the cheapest European country you could move to.

When I'm on Instagram and I view pages of Africans in Russia, Nigerians are always the least.

Why isn't anyone talking about Russia, is it because of their low cost of living or currency. Because 1 Russian ruble is 5 naira.

It would cost you just 2.5 million to move to Russia and study compared to a good number of European countries. And don't come here telling me about racism bullshit, it's actually safe in Russia lately, watch some YouTube videos and see for yourself.

Housing there is actually very cheap too, I know a girl who pays just a 100 dollars per year for her apartment.

Russia is one country that has the biggest landmass on Earth. So many European countries are small, buying land properties would be expensive and won't be easy neither. Nigeria is 3 times bigger than UK.

It's annoying when I see Nigerians on Nairaland who have just 2million naira, when people tell them their money is too small. You only need 4000 US dollars in your account as proof of funds to move to Russia.

I'm not an agent so don't think I need your money, I got all my information through research on Russian study platforms. Go on Instagram and check out Africans in Russia.

I would stop here, so I don't talk down on other European countries before the mods come for me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by AutoRedux: 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Op, I swear you funny die!! But Sha cold better pass heat o!!

Bro, heat better pass cold. Lemme tell you if Whites were to switch geographical locations with Africans, you will see that nothing beats a tropical weather climate. Summer still is the best of all the seasons. Sadly, Africans are just too useless to develop Africa.

10 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Pennywise(m): 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
donbrowser:

Don't waste your money. The country is shiit

What is the point in migrating from one shithole country to another like russia? If the cost of living is low, that is because they pay shit wages. There is an online nuisance I know who parades with a russian passport because he was born there. He hates the west with a passion but eulogises everything russian but being black, he wont go to russia to find work so their skinheads do not scalp him alive.

2 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by kushe: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Stay in your country and make it better for your generations unborn.
There is existing,and there is living.
What on earth would anyone be looking for in Russia(except as a tourist) when Nigeria has all the potential.
I believe everyone should travel and see the world to appreciate God's work in creating diversity but not to go and hustle. When everybody leaves,who are the ones that will build the Nigeria of our dreams.
Very soon someone would come and advertise Nicaragua,Antigua or even Guam.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by fabolouz1(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
What makes you think they aren't ?
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by replete(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2021
thatgirl504:
Go there and confirm yourself before you spread hearsay all over the forum.

I love to see things for myself and not depend on filtered information. Thanks.
Life is too short to learn everything by your personal experience...if 6 out of 10 people are saying same thing then listen.

4 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by RPG2020(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2021
Arizonaz:
Please what's the best route to travel to Russia.

Through zimbabwe
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by bptc10: 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
My friend Russian hate Blacks and People from some part of Asia countries, I will never advice anybody to travel to Russia unless for academic study, Russians are very wicked set of people, I don't mean all Russians
James4bright:

Lol. Some folks would come out here and tell you how America is the most racist country on earth. I've seen folks who said Poland is a very racist country and I've also seen folks who said nice things about Poland.

Focus on views from the majority and not just one person. Like I said, go on YouTube and watch videos about blacks in Russia talking about Russia.

So many countries got their flaws. I saw a video on Facebook where three white guys were beating up a black guy in Germany. But so many black folks still live in Germany peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2021
[b]My take is this

1. Russia doesn't have reputable name in the minds of Nigerians. This is borne from the negative way Western media has painted Russia.
Our media is soaked with news and propaganda from English media like CNN, BBC etc. Even in American movies if there is a Russian he is painted as the bad guy.

2. Russia is not entirely an open country, also they don't operate an imperialist system as compared to the west.

3. Russia is not a good destination for black race(yes I said so, been there done that). Racism is worse in Eastern Europe than anywhere else in the world.

4. Job opportunities are not much in Russia or Eastern Europe compared to western Europe or America.

5. Russia is too cold, I know some will say Canada is cold as well however Canada benefits from its proximity to USA.

6. English language. Russia is not an English speaking country.

7. Russia is not an EU country and is not planning to be.

There are many more, but truth be told Russia has bigger cities than countries in Western Europe. Even UK dey learn work.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by bptc10: 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Nonsense comment
SenecaTheYonger:
Because of America's propaganda. Do you even know how brainwash the avg Nigerian is by US media? Lol

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by francdec4(m): 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
I really love Russia but stories I hear of weather and it's coldness terrifies me
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by mmsen: 2:06pm On Feb 24, 2021
lilvicky68:
By the time cold nack you finish you go start to sing Nigerian Anthem..

grin
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

This is very true. American propaganda has really brainwashed Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 2:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
francdec4:
I really love Russia but stories I hear of weather and it's coldness terrifies me

The weather is not that bad. If you can live in Canada, you can live in Russia.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2021
adigun98:

Can student work there ?....Heard the cold there is killing

The cold there is more than killing...
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by SenecaTheYonger: 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2021
bptc10:
Nonsense comment

Would like to hear your thoughts about the subject.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2021
adigun98:

Can student work there ?....Heard the cold there is killing

Yes students can work. However getting jobs depends on the city you are in. Some have more job opportunities than others.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by CSTRR: 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
They are not a member of the EU
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
lilvicky68:
By the time cold nack you finish you go start to sing Nigerian Anthem..

But Nigerians live in Canada, so whats the difference?

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 2:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
bptc10:
Nonsense comment

Kindly comment your own. What that poster wrote about American propaganda is fact.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Gerrard59(m): 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hammyaladin:
It takes a mad person to identify his comrade in madness!!

Heat is the reason why Africa is where it is today! Lack of harsh environmental conditions made Africans sleep!!

So guy, heat better pass Cold

Well, Singapore is hot so also are parts of Australia. Poor excuses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Gerrard59(m): 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
Kinematics:
[b]My take is this

1. Russia doesn't have reputable name in the minds of Nigerians. This is borne from the negative way Western media has painted Russia.
Our media is soaked with news and propaganda from English media like CNN, BBC etc. Even in American movies if there is a Russian he is painted as the bad guy.

2. Russia is not entirely an open country, also they don't operate an imperialist system as compared to the west.

3. Russia is not a good destination for black race(yes I said so, been there done that). Racism is worse in Eastern Europe than anywhere else in the world.

4. Job opportunities are not much in Russia or Eastern Europe compared to western Europe or America.

5. Russia is too cold, I know some will say Canada is cold as well however Canada benefits from its proximity to USA.

6. English language. Russia is not an English speaking country.

7. Russia is not an EU country and is not planning to be.

There are many more, but truth be told Russia has bigger cities than countries in Western Europe. Even UK dey learn work.[/b]

Finally, the Russian economy isn't that big enough to provide well paid jobs and apart from crude oil, she's practically a nobody in global economics. Better South Korea, Brazil or Mexico than Russia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by AFONJACOW(m): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2021
The 2m is for the full program or just for a start
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by whirlwind7(m): 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Cybercop2002:
i respect you for this answer every country have bitch in dem just like naija but there are still thousand of nigeria cummunity there there are 4 black politician in poland 3 are nigerians google nigeria descent in every country

Cyber otele
No full stop, no comma.
Reading your post is like eating jollof rice with sand in it

3 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by AFONJACOW(m): 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
So with 40,000 dollars I will live comfortably in Russia
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Gerrard59:

Finally, the Russian economy isn't that big enough to provide well paid jobs and apart from crude oil, she's practically a nobody in global economics. Better South Korea, Brazil or Mexico than Russia.

True. Not just crude oil, but sales of ammunitions.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
AFONJACOW:
So with 40,000 dollars I will live comfortably in Russia

Yes.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by PrincessJr(f): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
HRprof:
I recently got a volunteering opportunity in Russia with accommodation and feeding for 3 months, but embassy is not open for visa application for now and i have received all the necessary documents from organization. The programme commenced by May. Do anyone have an idea when the embassy will open?
What about tickets fee? You pay that your self?
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Afolashade00(f): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
Funkybabee:
I think speaking of their language is the problem

Do they speak English there? How can one cope without understanding the language
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hammyaladin:
It takes a mad person to identify his comrade in madness!!

Heat is the reason why Africa is where it is today! Lack of harsh environmental conditions made Africans sleep!!

So guy, heat better pass Cold

The bolded is very true. Take Europe for example, the north is more developed than the South. The closer you get to the equator the more lazy and less productive you are.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by AllenSpencer: 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
James4bright:
Obviously I know a good number of Nigerians are in Russia already. But one thing I've realized is that most Nigerians don't add Russia to their country of preference compared to UK, Canada and Germany.

Some would even prefer to start up with smaller countries like Estonia. I hope you all know Russia is the cheapest European country you could move to.

When I'm on Instagram and I view pages of Africans in Russia, Nigerians are always the least.

Why isn't anyone talking about Russia, is it because of their low cost of living or currency. Because 1 Russian ruble is 5 naira.

It would cost you just 2.5 million to move to Russia and study compared to a good number of European countries. And don't come here telling me about racism bullshit, it's actually safe in Russia lately, watch some YouTube videos and see for yourself.

Housing there is actually very cheap too, I know a girl who pays just a 100 dollars per year for her apartment.

Russia is one country that has the biggest landmass on Earth. So many European countries are small, buying land properties would be expensive and won't be easy neither. Nigeria is 3 times bigger than UK.

It's annoying when I see Nigerians on Nairaland who have just 2million naira, when people tell them their money is too small. You only need 4000 US dollars in your account as proof of funds to move to Russia.

I'm not an agent so don't think I need your money, I got all my information through research on Russian study platforms. Go on Instagram and check out Africans in Russia.

I would stop here, so I don't talk down on other European countries before the mods come for me.

Russia? grin grin grin

Nothing in Russia Bro.

Its a struggling economy. Its just an option for people who want to travel by force.

You didn't mention the language barrier and opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
Afolashade00:

Do they speak English there? How can one cope without understanding the language

To survive day to day life you must learn Russian. Yes there are few English speakers, but Russian is the official and commonest language.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Seychelles Places A Ban On Nigerian Passport Holders / Mother And Child Burnt In Onitsha Fire Incident In Anambra (Graphic Pix) / Andy Uba Lands His Private Jet At Anambra Int'l Airport: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.