Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? (56704 Views)

Mark Babatunde Living In Russia’s Yakutia, Cold Village, Shares Photos / Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics / Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Coldie(m): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
Arizonaz:
Please what's the best route to travel to Russia.
Don't go to Russia o, it's better you go to australia or new Zealand than russia

2 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Mrfolksy: 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
[/quote]
HRprof:
I recently got a volunteering opportunity in Russia with accommodation and feeding for 3 months, but embassy is not open for visa application for now and i have received all the necessary documents from organization. The programme commenced by May. Do anyone have an idea when the embassy will open?
[quote author=HRprof post=99165020]I recently got a volunteering opportunity in Russia with accommodation and feeding for 3 months, but embassy is not open for visa application for now and i have received all the necessary documents from organization. The programme commenced by May. Do anyone have an idea when the embassy will open?
[quote author=HRprof post=99165020]I recently got a volunteering opportunity in Russia with accommodation and feeding for 3 months, but embassy is not open for visa application for now. Please How Do You Get The Volunteering. i am interested.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Limassol(m): 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
yeman1:
I have lived in Moscow, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Sweden before. Too much racist in Russia and Azerbaijan
Even in Azerbaijan, if not because of their president that cub them, na everyday den they beat us for there. But Belarus, I love that country, but they are poor. But Sweden is the best.

Sweden in the same sentence with the likes of Belarus and Russia? angry, this is blasphemy!

Sweden is heaven on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by ekerintee: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
The african weather is still the best ,u can stayoutside during Heat,but try to stay outside in a - 20 degrees cold and Tell me If you wont die.

AutoRedux:

Bro, heat better pass cold. Lemme tell you if Whites were to switch geographical locations with Africans, you will see that nothing beats a tropical weather climate. Summer still is the best of all the seasons. Sadly. Africans are just too useless to develop Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
franchasng:
Russia's economy is struggling, it's not favorable to Russians to talk of migrants.

Their racism prevented them from spreading their technology wings to other continents and make their economy stronger. They are only good in ammunition production, hacking and crude oil bunkering.

They have zero international politics and inter-continental relationship to foster a thriving economy like the US and others.

Italy too is a struggling economy........you need to plan a relocation out of Italy, its a glorified West Africa. Zero social welfare for her citizen unlike some European countries.
Italy is a very easy country to settle as an immigrant, you can easily get something doing as a hustler and your papers unlike other European countries. I have stayed for Germany before I migrate to Italy.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
Limassol:

Hi bro! Can a Nigerian use 1.5 million to settle himself in Italy and then search for work?
Italy is a country that you easily settle with even zero Niara, they have a very good package for foreigners unlike other other European countries. You can easily get menial jobs compare to other countries on Europe, through the pay may be less like others.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Limassol(m): 4:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Italy is a country that you easily settle with even zero Niara, they have a very good package for foreigners unlike other other European countries.
You can easily get menial jobs compare to other countries on Europe, through the pay may be less like others.

I take this as sarcasm grin. Anyway are you in Italy at the moment? How is life like there?
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by benji93: 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
Use you head.
1. The countries you are comparing to Russia offer much more, especially in terms of life after studies. Remuneration in Russia is very low.
Estonia is in the European Union, who wouldn't prefer a country from which you can get to other countries quite easily.

Why would anyone want to move to Russia? To do what?

Oh so you mean the level of racism characteristic of any country can be captured in some youtube videos. Man wake up.

Russia is not part of the European union. Although it's European in geography at least.

Apart from military might, I do not know which other areas of technology development they are strong at. Everyone including yourself would roll out of his/her bed and pick any country in the European Union, Canada over Russia, 9 out of 10 times. 9 out of 10 times because some of us just can't help ourselves but make bad decisions.

For someone who claims he did a lot of research, you kinda are not quite good at it.

Say something else. I wish all the in Russia though.

It's not necessarily a good idea to compare the raw ratio of currencies, but even if you decide to use it, why compare not compare the ruble to the currencies of other destinations.
James4bright:
Obviously I know a good number of Nigerians are in Russia already. But one thing I've realized is that most Nigerians don't add Russia to their country of preference compared to UK, Canada and Germany.

Some would even prefer to start up with smaller countries like Estonia. I hope you all know Russia is the cheapest European country you could move to.

When I'm on Instagram and I view pages of Africans in Russia, Nigerians are always the least.

Why isn't anyone talking about Russia, is it because of their low cost of living or currency. Because 1 Russian ruble is 5 naira.

It would cost you just 2.5 million to move to Russia and study compared to a good number of European countries. And don't come here telling me about racism bullshit, it's actually safe in Russia lately, watch some YouTube videos and see for yourself.

Housing there is actually very cheap too, I know a girl who pays just a 100 dollars per year for her apartment.

Russia is one country that has the biggest landmass on Earth. So many European countries are small, buying land properties would be expensive and won't be easy neither. Nigeria is 3 times bigger than UK.

It's annoying when I see Nigerians on Nairaland who have just 2million naira, when people tell them their money is too small. You only need 4000 US dollars in your account as proof of funds to move to Russia.

I'm not an agent so don't think I need your money, I got all my information through research on Russian study platforms. Go on Instagram and check out Africans in Russia.

I would stop here, so I don't talk down on other European countries before the mods come for me.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
Limassol:

I take this as sarcasm grin. Anyway are you in Italy at the moment? How is life like there?

I travelled with about 40 euro with me, I survived. It maybe tough within the first month but you must surely survive except you are borthy(ajebota).

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by vioment: 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
Wetin person wan go do for mumu country, when I fit go where sense dey, I go cun dey go eberibe zone. Time dey b4.
Make dem shift com or road.

They just know mathematics (applied and theory) pass us. Na why dem get some mean toys way dem dey produce.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Discombulator: 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
James4bright:
Obviously I know a good number of Nigerians are in Russia already. But one thing I've realized is that most Nigerians don't add Russia to their country of preference compared to UK, Canada and Germany.

Some would even prefer to start up with smaller countries like Estonia. I hope you all know Russia is the cheapest European country you could move to.

When I'm on Instagram and I view pages of Africans in Russia, Nigerians are always the least.

Why isn't anyone talking about Russia, is it because of their low cost of living or currency. Because 1 Russian ruble is 5 naira.

It would cost you just 2.5 million to move to Russia and study compared to a good number of European countries. And don't come here telling me about racism bullshit, it's actually safe in Russia lately, watch some YouTube videos and see for yourself.

Housing there is actually very cheap too, I know a girl who pays just a 100 dollars per year for her apartment.

Russia is one country that has the biggest landmass on Earth. So many European countries are small, buying land properties would be expensive and won't be easy neither. Nigeria is 3 times bigger than UK.

It's annoying when I see Nigerians on Nairaland who have just 2million naira, when people tell them their money is too small. You only need 4000 US dollars in your account as proof of funds to move to Russia.

I'm not an agent so don't think I need your money, I got all my information through research on Russian study platforms. Go on Instagram and check out Africans in Russia.

I would stop here, so I don't talk down on other European countries before the mods come for me.
so you want people to move to a country because you hear good things about the country online right,the fact that you've never lived in Russia kinda disqualifies you from advising people to move there.
Fyi if you can't speak Russian don't move to russia and some cities in russia are very expensive to live in
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Discombulator: 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2021
my brother lived in russia and their night life is top notch and their economy is great as well,but the country is very integrated you have to be a brilliant person who has something to offer before you get employment as an immigrant, and in Moscow rent can be as much 500k per month sef,so the bullshit about cheap rent is false
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by ibinaboonline: 5:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
First of all, are you speaking from experience or internet research? Are you living in Russia?
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Arizonaz: 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
Coldie:

Don't go to Russia o, it's better you go to australia or new Zealand than russia

No worries I have even changed my mind after my own research. But Germany is not bad sha
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Gluen: 5:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
YungLasaint:
Thier scholarship is very competitive.

Always open for about 15,000 students per year.

Contax the embassy for more information..

School fee there is cheap as you can see school with 400k per year.

Do you have any idea on how much one can pay yo study medicine and surgery there?

which European country is the least expensive in terms of studying med.surg in particular?
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by planetx: 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2021
Russia is a third world shithole full of racist skinheads.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by ensamy(m): 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
I better do farming for my village than to go Russia except to study and head somewhere else.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by planetx: 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
yeman1:
I have lived in Moscow, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Sweden before. Too much racist in Russia and Azerbaijan
Even in Azerbaijan, if not because of their president that cub them, na everyday den they beat us for there. But Belarus, I love that country, but they are poor. But Sweden is the best.
How do you Africans stay in this countries where some racist oyinbo will be assaulting you on the street. Just so you can show off to people back home you are living in an oyinbo country, I don't get the tolerance of Africans taking insults from oyinbos they will never take from each other, but will treat the same oyinbos like gold when they visit Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by AutoRedux: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
ekerintee:
The african weather is still the best ,u can stayoutside during Heat,but try to stay outside in a - 20 degrees cold and Tell me If you wont die.

That is what I'm saying

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by 2kurupt(m): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Op, I swear you funny die!! But Sha cold better pass heat o!!

You say! shocked

Like say frost bite never sama you before.

On a serious note, I think the language barrier is one major hurdle plus extreme weather conditions why Nigerians wouldn't prefer a switch to Russia
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by OyinO: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
lilvicky68:
By the time cold nack you finish you go start to sing Nigerian Anthem..

haaaahaaaahaa!!!
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by OyinO: 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
James4bright:

Lol. Some folks would come out here and tell you how America is the most racist country on earth. I've seen folks who said Poland is a very racist country and I've also seen folks who said nice things about Poland.

Focus on views from the majority and not just one person. Like I said, go on YouTube and watch videos about blacks in Russia talking about Russia.

So many countries got their flaws. I saw a video on Facebook where three white guys were beating up a black guy in Germany. But so many black folks still live in Germany peacefully.

I beg to differ. Someone was sentenced to lifetime jail term, and you are still advising people to go there?
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by ofiko123(m): 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
They are afraid of the Cold and Vladimir Putin...

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by jaybliss1410(m): 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
dilezy:
hit me on my digit.. zero9zero7two1seven3988
I will do that
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Studyinchina200(m): 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2021
China is underrated. I have been here since 2010. Did my bachelor and masters here. Now working with a good pay. I thank God sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Studyinchina200(m): 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
There is nothing in Russia. There are lot of Russians and Ukrainians here in China working in night clubs as Gogo and Dj.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Limassol(m): 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
2kurupt:

You say! shocked

Like say frost bite never sama you before.

On a serious note, I think the language barrier is one major hurdle plus extreme weather conditions why Nigerians wouldn't prefer a switch to Russia

Plus low income which I think could be the major reason.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Limassol(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2021
Studyinchina200:
There is nothing in Russia. There are lot of Russians and Ukrainians here in China working in night clubs as Gogo and Dj.

How hard would it be for a Nigerian who intends to Move to China for work?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by AFONJACOW(m): 8:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Kinematics:

When you get what?
when one get there , what exactly will he be doing
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Kinematics: 8:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
AFONJACOW:
when one get there , what exactly will he be doing

Whats your aim for going there? Schooling, tourism, migrating, job hunt or what?
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Studyinchina200(m): 8:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
You need to understand the language and culture first. That would really help.

Working here without speaking Chinese is kind of hard unless you work as a teacher.

Limassol:

How hard would it be for a Nigerian who intends to Move to China for work?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Why Aren't Nigerians Interested In Russia? by Limassol(m): 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
Studyinchina200:
You need to understand the language and culture first. That would really help.

Working here without speaking Chinese is kind of hard unless you work as a teacher.

I assume it will be easier to learn these things in China than anywhere, just my thoughts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Involved In Ghastly Motor Accident In Anambra. Do You Know Him? (Graphic) / Seychelles Places A Ban On Nigerian Passport Holders / Mother And Child Burnt In Onitsha Fire Incident In Anambra (Graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.