Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? (24901 Views)

Fayose Better Than Other Nigerian Politician - Photos Speak / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra / Igbo Women Visit Iara Oshiomole In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 1:47am On Apr 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

fstranger3

So, how does that take away from the achievements of the Igbo women being discussed here?
Jealousy is really a bad thing.
Of course there have been many Nigerians who achieved a lot too and have been praised accordingly. I never see Igbos attacking such people. If anything, we improve on their achievements.

Whenever you guys have no more valid points to make, you accuse others of jealousy!
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 1:48am On Apr 10, 2011
@tpiah: Also, how can you be bashing us? We don't have an embarassment of a state like Ebonyi in our midst, that looks more like a Northern state  grin grin grin

At least give us credit for that. . .
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:49am On Apr 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

I'm rotfl to see that this thread made it to 12 pages. In normal societies, this wouldn't be much of a big deal, afterall we are all Nigerians. But not in Nigeria!
Watch how some folks are mining the internet just to divert as much attention as possible from this topic and by so doing diffuse away as much glory as possible from these Nigerian women.

Like I stated in another thread, Nigeria's biggest problem is not corruption. FAR FROM IT.

Nigeria's biggest problem is injustice which is a product of wickedness, which is a product of foolishness and reta-rdation.

Suddenly, praising Nigerian women of Igbo extraction has become boasting and "blowing trumpet".
If tomorrow, the Super Falcons snag the female world cup, it would no longer be true that overwhelming majority of the team is Igbo. Some folks will die first before acknowledging that fact.

Until Nigerians are able to rejoice in the achievement of fellow citizens irrespective of tribe (which currently they are incapable of), let us all keep lying to ourselves about being one.

I'm still singing the praises of my sisters, mothers and daughters. And if I have a baby girl tomorrow, I will put in my blood to send her to Harvard, Stanford or Princeton; just like my father did for me.
That is the spirit of the Igboman. . . and that is Igbo culture.  cool  cool  cool

Staying true to the spirit. Insightful!

However, I must add that since it is almost impossible to deal with or directly legislate against prejudice/tribalism/ethnocentric extremism, then we have to confront what we can deal with or legislated against. Tribalism on it's own is powerless, it is the consequences of it by way of discriminatory practices that typically go against set laws that is indeed dangerous. The harmful aspects of tribalism (nepotism, cronyism, sectionalism, etc. for all the other relevant "isms" ) only thrives when corruption is the de facto law. Fighting corruption, though does not directly deal with the problems of tribalism, etc., it destabilizes the ecosystem that tribalism depends on to survive.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Onlytruth(m): 1:49am On Apr 10, 2011
@Ekt_bear and fstranger,

GREAT for your families!

Now we are waiting for them to kick some a55 in naija and transform that 19th century country into a 21st century nation.

That is what I have been preaching. And I refuse to acknowledge paper tigers. I need solid pioneer effort for Nigeria.

I want them to be the FIRST, BEST of any field they are in and bring honor to Nigeria. Here I stand.  cool
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nchara: 1:52am On Apr 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

@tpiah: Also, how can you be bashing us? We don't have an embarassment of a state like Ebonyi in our midst, that looks more like a Northern state  grin grin grin

At least give us credit for that. . .

I do not see how Osun and Ekiti are different than Ebonyi
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 10, 2011
RichyBlacK:

Staying true to the spirit. Insightful!

However, I must add that since it is almost impossible to deal with or directly legislate against prejudice/tribalism/ethnocentric extremism, then we have to confront what we can deal with or legislated against. Tribalism on it's own is powerless, it is the consequences of it by way of discriminatory practices that typically go against set laws that is indeed dangerous. The harmful aspects of tribalism (nepotism, cronyism, sectionalism, etc. for all the other relevant "isms" ) only thrives when corruption is the de facto law. Fighting corruption, though does not directly deal with the problems of tribalism, etc., it destabilizes the ecosystem that tribalism depends on to survive.

Yorubas are not out to get you. Many of you are just paranoid. Even Obasanjo, probably your number one enemy in Yorubaland was incredibly generous to ibos when he was president.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 1:57am On Apr 10, 2011
Nchara: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-641673.96.html#msg8077683

Looks more like a Hausa state, by those statistics :x
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 10, 2011
Nchara:

I do not see how Osun and Ekiti are different than Ebonyi

I don't see how you could regarded as an honest man.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Onlytruth(m): 2:00am On Apr 10, 2011
I repeat this fact.  Growing up, I was in a state of permanent awe at the achievements of Chief Mrs Bola Kuforiji -Olubi.

She still stand tall in my book of greatest Nigerian women. And she is Yoruba. How does that stop her from being a role model to my unborn daughter (God willing)?  cool
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 2:00am On Apr 10, 2011
Aigbofa:

What do you expect from a bigot who doesn't think the there is a significant statistical difference between 53 and 70?
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:02am On Apr 10, 2011
Aigbofa:

Yorubas are not out to get you. Many of you are just paranoid. Even Obasanjo, probably your number one enemy in Yorubaland was incredibly generous to ibos when he was president.

You seem to be the one inflicted with chronic paranoia.

Go read my post again, dimwit, and explain how it referred to Yorubas.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 2:02am On Apr 10, 2011
Aigbofa:

Anyway, it isn't a big deal. No doubt Ebonyi'll improve over time. Statistics like this should be an impetus to improve, not to wallow in denial.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

I repeat this fact.  Growing up, I was in a state of permanent awe at the achievements of Chief Mrs Bola Kuforiji -Olubi.

She still stand tall in my book of greatest Nigerian women. And she is Yoruba. How does that stop her from being a role model to my unborn daughter (God willing)?  cool

Good. Did you ever hear any Yoruba use her as an example of how Yoruba women are smarter and more hardworking than women from other ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Onlytruth(m): 2:07am On Apr 10, 2011
Posted by: Aigbofa

I'm sure that the Super Falcons coach is also being generous to Igbos by picking those girls to serve Nigeria. Abi?
You have never heard the word "competence" in your life before?

Dude, are you even able to use your head at all?

Can you even think?  undecided

1 Like

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 10, 2011
RichyBlacK:

You seem to be the one inflicted with chronic paranoia.

Go read my post again, dimwit, and explain how it referred to Yorubas.

Obviously not. You wouldn't dare. I am here to treat your schizophrenia. Arsehole.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by AljUche: 2:10am On Apr 10, 2011
how did this thread get to page 13 shocked shocked

Please people acknowledge the igbo women,

Kudos to them for their achievement
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Aigbofa
I'm sure that the Super Falcons coach is also being generous to Igbos by picking those girls to serve Nigeria. Abi?
You have never heard the word "competence" in your life before?

Dude, are you even able to use your head at all?

Can you even think?  undecided

C'mon now. You know ibo ladies are more 'athletic' than girls from other parts of Nigeria. Think of East German girls.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Onlytruth(m): 2:12am On Apr 10, 2011
@Aigbofa

I have to say this. Knowing Obasanjo and his tribalistic proclivities; if there was anyone even remotely near the competence of those women in Yorubaland, he WOULD NOT have picked the Igbo women. cool FACT.
I repeat, he HAD NO CHOICE. He wanted to make a name for himself. It was all selfish. But Nigeria gained.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Aigbofa

I have to say this. Knowing Obasanjo and his tribalistic proclivities; if there was anyone even remotely near the competence of those women in Yorubaland, he WOULD NOT have picked the Igbo women. cool FACT.
I repeat, he HAD NO CHOICE. He wanted to make a name for himself. It was all selfish. But Nigeria gained.

Now, you are really relapsing.

Think about it this way. If Obasanjo never appointed those women, they would have remained in obscurity, known only to people close to them.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:18am On Apr 10, 2011
Aigbofa:

Obviously not. You wouldn't dare. I am here to treat your schizophrenia. Arsehole.  

This is the reason I prefer not joining issues with individuals of apparent low intellect, like you.

Just post your comments and leave me out of your pitiable existence, arsewipe!
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Onlytruth(m): 2:18am On Apr 10, 2011
@Aigbofa

If you think I'm relapsing, the facts are there. He picked them in his second term in office when we faced non-achievement after serving two terms. He had no choice. All the so called technocrats he picked from other parts of the country failed. FACT. The man became desperate, and in his desperation, he did the right thing.  cool
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:22am On Apr 10, 2011
RichyBlacK:

This is the reason I prefer not joining issues with individuals of apparent low intellect, like you.

Just post your comments and leave me out of your pitiable existence, arsewipe!

You and intellect should never be in the same sentence. I'm yet to see anything remarkable you've written on Nairaland. Just your usual nonsensical drivel.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 10, 2011
Like i said, sorry if some find my words painful. However, truth often is.

Dont know what it is with fstranger and his off the mark "insight". Lol.

Yoruba women hear worse things than what i typed so whats with the sensitivity.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 2:38am On Apr 10, 2011
tpiah!:

Like i said, sorry if some find my words painful. However, truth often is.

Dont know what it is with fstranger and his off the mark "insight".  Lol.

Yoruba women hear worse things than what i typed so whats with the sensitivity.

It isn't the truth the amongst those I know and hang around though. My best friend's sister is finishing this year in civil engineering. . . a girl who I went to church with is in dental school, girl I had a crush on in my high school already has her medical degree and is deep into her residency. A chick my aunt was trying to set me up with is in medical school right now in NYC.

That is why it doesn't make sense to generalize. The people I grew up with here in the US, even the ones who were illegal immigrants, within one generation they've risen to the upper echelon of this society. So I don't get this idea you have of Yoruba folk mistreating their women. And frankly, the data even for Nigeria doesn't back it up.

Stop eating up Igbo propaganda. . . they are great at telling stories and spinning bullsh1t, but the facts never match up with the stories.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 10, 2011
Where is the PoorlyBlack fellow. I guess he is no longer an intellectual titan anymore.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 10, 2011
Na reallllllllllll wa!!

Agbayas plenty for this NL sha. Man with pikin dey come dey trade words with his younger. shocked
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:49am On Apr 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Na reallllllllllll wa!!

Agbayas plenty for this NL sha. Man with pikin dey come dey trade words with his younger. shocked

Na so I see am o. No level is too low for some of them.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 2:50am On Apr 10, 2011
Aigbofa:

Where is the PoorlyBlack fellow. I guess he is no longer an intellectual titan anymore.

You are not even worth the dirt beneath his shoes.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 2:52am On Apr 10, 2011
EzeUche:

Hmmmmm, holding brief for another man? Nuff said. cool
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 2:54am On Apr 10, 2011
fstranger3:

Hmmmmm, holding brief for another man? Nuff said. cool

Do not use my words against me. You were playing the herald of PhysicsMHD earlier. Do you understand what I mean?
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:54am On Apr 10, 2011
Aigbofa:

Na so I see am o. No level is too low for some of them.

Iwo na ti n se ijogbon ju. O ye kinu wa dun pe awon obirin Naijiriya n k'awe. Ko ye ki a je nitori iyen.
Otito!
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 2:55am On Apr 10, 2011
EzeUche:

If you are measuring yourself and your intellect against his, he may start to see himself as someone special. For me he is just another daft ibo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Sanai Agunbiade: ENDSARS Has Political Undertone, Influencers Must Be Fished Out / Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers / Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.