Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,491 members, 7,770,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:21 AM

Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? (33400 Views)

Plug For Transcripts In Abu Zaria / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by kinkykinky2: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2021

What you apply for after schooling in Nigeria is called Statement of Result. And it is for you. Schools in abroad call it Student copy of transcript. Everytime you apply for admission, good schools require you to order fresh transcripts from all the higher institutions you have attended. Simple as ABC.

You are right, applying for transcript in public Nigerian schools is not easy. However, private schools may be easy. My suggestion is that you get your WES equivalency for all your degrees and stop going to those useless schools. Do the wahala one time and start sending your transcripts from the comfort side of your bedroom.

Then, pray to God to bless you so you dont study again in Nigeria. It is not worth it. Even you lose your certificate in Nigerian public schools, they willl not replace it. Lol. What a funny way of life!!!

Goodluck!

Please, do you mean if I have my ECA, I don't need to be applying for transcripts from my school to the new?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Greatuzoewulu: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2021
I don't know about other universities but University of Ibadan is relatively lesser. I once sent my transcript to Canada. It was less than N20K

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Le2money(m): 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
gaeul:
I can't help but ask why Nigeria Universities charge ridiculous amounts for Transcripts. Imagine Uniben Charging 35,000naira to send a transcript to an email address while a UK University is charging below 10,000naira to send it via post.

Indeed, there was a country!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by 6digitscomrade: 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2021
gaeul:
I can't help but ask why Nigeria Universities charge ridiculous amounts for Transcripts. Imagine Uniben Charging 35,000naira to send a transcript to an email address while a UK University is charging below 10,000naira to send it via post.

lol as if u don’t know they need to know why u want to escape systemic bondage and by default an average Nigerian always want to exert authority no matter whose ox is gored .. they shoot and ask questions later , they go evasive without questions asked , pull him Down syndrome come with the perks of being a Nigerian hence the attributes that we thrive seemingly in all endeavours we always want to prove who is in charge or like in local parlance who don arrive..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by bukatyne(f): 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
It is a Nigerian problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
nickvanilla:
You didn't even mention the amount of stress one will go through to get the unofficial transcript. Having to bribe a long line of school staff to obtain what you worked so hard for.

In a sane country, once you graduate you are meant to have access to your transcript without much hassle. Nigeria must always be different.

Exactly. That's just the official amount. You will still bribe for "express" processing or else your transcrip may never reach its destination
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by edoairways: 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
EmmaOgbu:

UNN own is different.
stress free. 12k within 7days you will get ur seftcopy.
Stories
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by 99thEnemy(m): 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2021
EmmaOgbu:

UNN own is different.
stress free. 12k within 7days you will get ur seftcopy .
It really is different oh!

How can I get the seftcopy? grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by diamond88: 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
Pls who know amount they charge for transcripts in AAU ekpoma currently?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by vickydevoka(m): 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2021
EmmaOgbu:

UNN own is different.
stress free. 12k within 7days you will get ur seftcopy.
My man please I Will be traveling to Ukraine . Please how can I get de soft copy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by pawesome(m): 7:31pm On Feb 19, 2021
forget the amount...send the transcript is like you are fighting war with them..since 2019 I applied for transcript.. till date they haven't sent it to where I want
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by emmydee(m): 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2021
This topic is very interesting. UNN charges N25k. Because of this, I could not apply to more than 1 University last year as I could not afford it. Just to email a copy of my transcript oh.
When I confronted the administrative officer, he said we should write to the VC and Bursar about it. If we do this, they may likely reduce it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Udodiri01: 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2021
You want to run and leave us after voting in BUBU ABI you are not going anywhere unless we give you the last batch of suffering
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Oktane: 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2021
EmmaOgbu:
I don't know of other Nigerian universities, but UNN transcript is easy to get.
I applied online, paid around 13k via remita and got my soft copy with 10 working days.

My wife paid for her own last year 20k Univ. of Abuja, it was not processed last year because of covid 19 so this year, they said she will pay again that the last year payment has expired.

Are you sure that this is the case?

Payment expired for a service not delivered?

Wow!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Mindlog: 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2021
I collected mine the day I received my degree certificate (though not in Nigeria) and have no business with the University again as per transcript.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by sinola(m): 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
Because they see it as the only opportunity to get it big from their graduates besides, they assume they are using it to further pursue the academics abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by dhestiney(m): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2021
gaeul:

I have paid 35k to uniben for my transcripts since January, I still haven't heard sh*t from them since.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by duality(m): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2021

What you apply for after schooling in Nigeria is called Statement of Result. And it is for you. Schools in abroad call it Student copy of transcript. Everytime you apply for admission, good schools require you to order fresh transcripts from all the higher institutions you have attended. Simple as ABC.

You are right, applying for transcript in public Nigerian schools is not easy. However, private schools may be easy. My suggestion is that you get your WES equivalency for all your degrees and stop going to those useless schools. Do the wahala one time and start sending your transcripts from the comfort side of your bedroom.

Then, pray to God to bless you so you dont study again in Nigeria. It is not worth it. Even you lose your certificate in Nigerian public schools, they willl not replace it. Lol. What a funny way of life!!!

Goodluck!

What's WES

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2021
EmmaOgbu:
I don't know of other Nigerian universities, but UNN transcript is easy to get.
I applied online, paid around 13k via remita and got my soft copy with 10 working days.

My wife paid for her own last year 20k Univ. of Abuja, it was not processed last year because of covid 19 so this year, they said she will pay again that the last year payment has expired.
Wow UNN is a good university then, all this useless federal universities feeling like Almightys the untouchables, my friend applied his own it took him 1year to get it
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Samakus(m): 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2021
That's why we are good at what we do.

PROCESS YOUR UNN AND UNIZIK TRANSCRIPTS AND RECEIVE IT IN ONE WEEK!!!

See my signature
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2021
OzziOhinoyi:
35k for soft copy of academic transcript is on the high side. Well, the fee that UNN charges for academic transcript is within the range of 12k-14k for soft and hard copies within Nigeria and it's accessible through the varsity's website. Plus, delivery is within 5 working days. That's been my experience with my alma mater.
What a wonderful university
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Ourown(m): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2021
4 months now. I have trying to send transcript from my school to the graduate school of the same institution. E never reach. Same institution ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by BigDick70inch(m): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2021
gaeul:

Not all school Ooo....
My alma mata(AAUA)charge only 2000.......
Even certificate is jux 5k.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by lilvicky68(m): 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
Periklis:
Uneven is fair.. Try uniport.. It will cost u over 40k
Ah..nawa oh.. Bros e no reach na

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Naijaepic: 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2021
Same here, I missed admissions deadline as result of ineptitude of staff at registry in my school . He continued to give stupid excuse until the deadline, initially it was meant to be send through email to the school, but as it was not done, I just jejele collected as my student copy.

Official fees 10k
Unofficial fees 2k (to register in the record book)
After all this parole, the staff attending to you will still task you for handout.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by dozieinspired: 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2021
Ourown:
4 months now. I have trying to send transcript from my school to the graduate school of the same institution. E never reach. Same institution ooo.
This one weak me oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by 360clips: 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2021
35k! Wtf! I got mine 3k from AUN.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by osusuallstars: 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2021
No bi small thing
My school currently charge N30k plus other payment then if they are sending the hard copy outside Nigeria be ready to pay N20k for DHL
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
Pls who know about ABU Zaria.
Can one get it online?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by olaoye15(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
I applied for mine just yesterday. I indicated they send electronically to my receiver. Transcript request has now been made easy, as you there is a platform which works directly with your institution on your behalf. Ext.ng. I paid 8,880 online ( you can only get such deal in OAU) and my payment was confirmed immediately.

I hope they attend to it fast, as I just learnt that NASU are currently on strike. You guys can google

exchange.etx.ng

it fast but can't confirm of it is reliable.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
duality:

What's WES
No mind guy.
He just said WES, making me thinking of west Africa examination council

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) / What Is The Name Of This Creature? / NUC Approves Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.