Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,509 members, 7,770,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:45 AM

Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? (33401 Views)

Plug For Transcripts In Abu Zaria / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by motionarena: 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
pawesome:
forget the amount...send the transcript is like you are fighting war with them..since 2019 I applied for transcript.. till date they haven't sent it to where I want
which School ??

Who knows the process for Madonna University

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by samonak(m): 8:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
That's how I lost my admission in ABU to study GIS (Geographic info system, PG) because my useless alma mater - Benue state University refused to send my transcript after paying the necessary fees.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Blue3k(m): 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2021
gaeul:
I can't help but ask why Nigeria Universities charge ridiculous amounts for Transcripts. Imagine Uniben Charging 35,000naira to send a transcript to an email address while a UK University is charging below 10,000naira to send it via post.

Indeed, there was a country!

All that to email a paper file? I think they're just milking you chumps and nothing more.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
Just forget this country, abeg.

Everything is just in the opposite direction of progress (regression).
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Nattyd17: 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2021
gaeul:
I can't help but ask why Nigeria Universities charge ridiculous amounts for Transcripts. Imagine Uniben Charging 35,000naira to send a transcript to an email address while a UK University is charging below 10,000naira to send it via post.

I also graduated from uniben I gave them an an address to send it to but they refused. Insisting it must be a school address.have you collected your soft copy.? Please I sent you a mail let's talk
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Bluffly: 8:22pm On Feb 19, 2021
gaeul:

Corruption and inhumanity
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Bluffly: 8:24pm On Feb 19, 2021

What you apply for after schooling in Nigeria is called Statement of Result. And it is for you. Schools in abroad call it Student copy of transcript. Everytime you apply for admission, good schools require you to order fresh transcripts from all the higher institutions you have attended. Simple as ABC.

You are right, applying for transcript in public Nigerian schools is not easy. However, private schools may be easy. My suggestion is that you get your WES equivalency for all your degrees and stop going to those useless schools. Do the wahala one time and start sending your transcripts from the comfort side of your bedroom.

Then, pray to God to bless you so you dont study again in Nigeria. It is not worth it. Even you lose your certificate in Nigerian public schools, they willl not replace it. Lol. What a funny way of life!!!

Goodluck!
WES expires after 5 years.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Nattyd17: 8:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
dhestiney:
I have paid 35k to uniben for my transcripts since January, I still haven't heard sh*t from them since.
I also paid in January
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by emmydee(m): 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2021
NnamdiN:
my current condition. So frustrating

Whether or not one will need the transcripts, the best thing to do is to apply for it right after you're done with school, applying when you need it, is attracting high BP �
Most universities won't accept Transcripts sent by the applicants. Only the ones sent by the school through the official school email.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by NnamdiN: 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
emmydee:

Most universities won't accept Transcripts sent by the applicants. Only the ones sent by the school through the official school email.
double wahala for dead body
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Obakashdee(m): 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2021
Does anyone have an idea how much OAU own cost
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by mikekobe01(m): 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
Men, it's not a small thing, even after paying the stipulated amount for the transcript. you still need to sort the desk/schedule officers in charge so that they will process it.. Futo is the worst , they will keep posting you until you ask them how much?

Infact FUTO should be Probed for this.. All the schedule officers there are all criminals..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Icon2007: 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2021
I paid 12k to unn to send transcript to a local school if I have to send abroad I will pay 25k na soft copy oooo naija we hail thee
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by nerd004: 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2021
University of Benin charged me 5000 many years ago.... Nonsense
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by abdul824: 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
BUK charges 3k buh they'll frustrate your life ehn..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
[quote author=PAWG post=99231794]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Kwinesther: 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
I got a hard copy of my transcript along with my certificate (with the necessary dues which was less than 10k) at Futa in 2019. I don't know about soft copy.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by jnab2020(m): 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
SeniorGee:
Keep another 10k for verification.
My brother which 10k unical is 20k

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by donwalome(m): 9:27pm On Feb 19, 2021
Uniben is really something else. I've applied for mine now since last year going to 7 months now. Nothing yet.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Makebitcoin: 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Supxel: 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2021
nickvanilla:
You didn't even mention the amount of stress one will go through to get the unofficial transcript. Having to bribe a long line of school staff to obtain what you worked so hard for.

In a sane country, once you graduate you are meant to have access to your transcript without much hassle. Nigeria must always be different.

I've been on mine since last year August; half a year & counting.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Elnon: 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2021
IMSU NA WORST..PAID 60K FOR TRANSCRIPT
Periklis:
Uneven is fair.. Try uniport.. It will cost u over 40k
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Supxel: 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2021
SeniorGee:
Keep another 10k for verification.

I've paid for verification over 2months and it's a cock and bull story till now; everything needed to be done has been taken care of (on my own part) and the management has successfully FAILED to carry out their responsibility. They wear clothes & long shoes daily; guess what they tell their family while leaving:"I'm going to work" (the work they're not doing). God pass them sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Obakashdee(m): 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2021
Ikjosh04:
It's really saddening and adding the stress makes it frustrating!

For my case, I had to improvise by converting my transcripts in my school portal to pdf and notarizing them.

It also depends on the receipent uni of the transcript, cause some are rigid and will prefer the transcript to be sent directly from your Alma mater.

Where do I notarize?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Positiveme2020: 9:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
Ifesinachi22:
Unizik Transcript can be requested and gotten completely online
Please guide me on this I will be needing my soon. I will appreciate your kind response.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Supxel: 9:40pm On Feb 19, 2021
EmmaOgbu:
I don't know of other Nigerian universities, but UNN transcript is easy to get.
I applied online, paid around 13k via remita and got my soft copy with 10 working days.

My wife paid for her own last year 20k Univ. of Abuja, it was not processed last year because of covid 19 so this year, they said she will pay again that the last year payment has expired.

Payment expired?
Abeg make person wake me from this dream. Med ooo
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by olmoRoc: 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
gaeul:

Mine was free from a UK university. It actually came with the certificate. While 2 copies of my transcript and certificate from an Asian university cost about $5. However, my gf paid about 40 pounds for hers from a UK university.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by tophumble(m): 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2021
It is not even about the charges alone, it is most annoying that you will pay such outrageous charge and your transcript won't get to its destination or it won't be processed at all.

From what I experienced when I processed my transcript, I decided to write a bill tagged COMPULSORY AUTOMATION OF TRANSCRIPT PROCESSING IN NIGERIAN HIGHER INSTITUTIONS AND THE CRIMINILISATION OF NON COMPLIANCE. I sent this bill to our MHR and till today nothing was done about it.

If na stupid bill now, Dem go move am fast

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Geeweez: 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
Will you even get it after spending the whole money? In my own school, I paid 20k and they couldn't do the simple job until they got unexpected call. They ended up sending an incoming transcript. The school system is totally frustrating.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by tiwasiaife(m): 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2021
EmmaOgbu:
I don't know of other Nigerian universities, but UNN transcript is easy to get.
I applied online, paid around 13k via remita and got my soft copy with 10 working days.

My wife paid for her own last year 20k Univ. of Abuja, it was not processed last year because of covid 19 so this year, they said she will pay again that the last year payment has expired.

Did they send it to u?
I mean was it student copy that you applied for?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Olisehinnocent: 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
grin grin grin My fellow Greatife Alumni, I applied for my transcript on 16th December 2020,uptill now I have not receive my transcript. Ext is pure scam. Right now am trying to know if there's a way I will manipulate it.
olaoye15:
I applied for mine just yesterday. I indicated they send electronically to my receiver. Transcript request has now been made easy, as you there is a platform which works directly with your institution on your behalf. Ext.ng. I paid 8,880 online ( you can only get such deal in OAU) and my payment was confirmed immediately.

I hope they attend to it fast, as I just learnt that NASU are currently on strike. You guys can google

exchange.etx.ng

it fast but can't confirm of it is reliable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) / What Is The Name Of This Creature? / NUC Approves Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.