Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:58 AM

Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? (33398 Views)

Plug For Transcripts In Abu Zaria / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by ModestGal(f): 11:00am On Feb 20, 2021
tophumble:
It is not even about the charges alone, it is most annoying that you will pay such outrageous charge and your transcript won't get to its destination or it won't be processed at all.

From what I experienced when I processed my transcript, I decided to write a bill tagged COMPULSORY AUTOMATION OF TRANSCRIPT PROCESSING IN NIGERIAN HIGHER INSTITUTIONS AND THE CRIMINILISATION OF NON COMPLIANCE. I sent this bill to our MHR and till today nothing was done about it.

If na stupid bill now, Dem go move am fast
We can do this together
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by SeniorGee(m): 11:42am On Feb 20, 2021
jnab2020:

My brother which 10k unical is 20k

Choi!!! Dem don add subsidy for una
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by SeniorGee(m): 11:44am On Feb 20, 2021
Supxel:

I've paid for verification over 2months and it's a cock and bull story till now; everything needed to be done has been taken care of (on my own part) and the management has successfully FAILED to carry out their responsibility. They wear clothes & long shoes daily; guess what they tell their family while leaving:"I'm going to work" (the work they're not doing). God pass them sha.

Sure God pass them. I am still battling to get my transcript from futo, a year plus now. Very frustrating. Na God hand we dey so
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Elizabeth48(f): 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
duality:

What's WES
World Education Services is a nonprofit organization that provides credential evaluations for international students and immigrants planning to study or work in the U.S. and Canada.

Need help studying abroad,applying for a study loan,passing your admission exams, writing a winning statement of purpose. Contact us: 08105123315, 08188557049
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by GYZSERVICES1: 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2021
vickydevoka:

My man please I Will be traveling to Ukraine . Please how can I get de soft copy

You can apply directly via the transcript portal or you can access it directly via this link: https://alumni.unn.edu.ng/itranscript

For further guidance, you can contact me.

Best regards
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by vickydevoka(m): 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2021
GYZSERVICES1:

You can apply directly via the transcript portal or you can access it directly via this link: https://alumni.unn.edu.ng/itranscript

For further guidance, you can contact me.

Best regards
Thank you
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Elizabeth48(f): 1:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
Shekochild:

Please tell more about the WES equivalent. How can I get it?

Quote:

Please use this link to convert your GPA to US standard using WES calculator.
https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/igpa.asp

Note you may have to register and it's free.

Need help studying abroad, starting your applications, passing your admission exams,writing a winning statement of purpose. Contact us: 08105123315
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2021
JosephXavier:
The same reason why roads construction and other infrastructures cost twice in Nigeria than in any other part of the world and yet still substandard in quality

Nigeria is a zoo

TRULY A ZOO!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by tophumble(m): 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
Can we talk about it
ModestGal:

We can do this together
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by ModestGal(f): 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2021
tophumble:
Can we talk about it
Yea,drop your number
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by tophumble(m): 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2021
ModestGal:

Yea,drop your number
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by PAWG(m): 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
PreetyAngel4U:

Alright
Thanks

Hi, I've gotten across to the guy I told you about. There's zero hope of getting a refund. The best thing that can be done now is that he can follow it up and let you know the status of the transcript. When next you need it you won't need to pay again. He asked for your details: name, year of graduation, dept and the year you applied for the transcript, but I told him to chill. How would you like to proceed?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by keneharry: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2021
UNIZIK charge 40k to send transcript to any international school. It's really outrageous
Proof of English language as a medium of communication that I collected free last year is now 33k.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
tiwasiaife:

Did they send it to u? I mean was it student copy that you applied for?
To my company email.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
[quote author=vickydevoka post=99232034]
My man please I Will be traveling to Ukraine . Please how can I get de soft copy[/quote
login to UNN website, apply for your transcript.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
99thEnemy:
It really is different oh!
How can I get the seftcopy? grin
login to UNN website, apply for your transcript
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by 99thEnemy(m): 1:47pm On Feb 25, 2021
EmmaOgbu:

login to UNN website, apply for your transcript
logged in but could only see request for softcopy, I didn't see seftcopy grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by 99thEnemy(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2021
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by sandyluv(f): 10:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
99thEnemy:
logged in but could only see request for softcopy, I didn't see seftcopy grin grin grin
Pls I need to change date of birth in the transcript before I will send it.
Pls how do I go about it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by yazga: 6:35am On Mar 22, 2021
You have free stocks waiting! Join #Trove and we'll both get FREE shares of either Dangote Sugar or GT Bank FOR FREE. Sign up with my link on my profile
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by KwinnEsther: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2021
[s]
Kwinesther:
I got a hard copy of my transcript along with my certificate (with the necessary dues which was less than 10k) at Futa in 2019. I don't know about soft copy.
[/s]
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Doodoo10: 7:25am On Apr 19, 2021
Have you gotten the transcript yet?

Supxel:

I've paid for verification over 2months and it's a cock and bull story till now; everything needed to be done has been taken care of (on my own part) and the management has successfully FAILED to carry out their responsibility. They wear clothes & long shoes daily; guess what they tell their family while leaving:"I'm going to work" (the work they're not doing). God pass them sha.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by ilovelearning(m): 8:38am On Aug 01, 2021
olaoye15:
I applied for mine just yesterday. I indicated they send electronically to my receiver. Transcript request has now been made easy, as you there is a platform which works directly with your institution on your behalf. Ext.ng. I paid 8,880 online ( you can only get such deal in OAU) and my payment was confirmed immediately.

I hope they attend to it fast, as I just learnt that NASU are currently on strike. You guys can google

exchange.etx.ng

it fast but can't confirm of it is reliable.

Please did you receive your transcripts from your school through this website at the end of the day?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by BangGanger: 10:20am On Aug 01, 2021
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by NonnieMarthins(f): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2021
July 2021, I made enquiry of how to get my transcript to IAUE Ph, I knew it was about#15k and I prepared for it.

Only for a friend to call me to google it and I found out it is no longer as usual. I thanked God it will be simple since it is now online.

I did my online registration, and boom! #21k plus for transcript oooo
Jeez! My pant just tear.

Ok, I agreed and proceeded on the online stuff, since then I have been trying to pay online, no way.
I went to bank too, no way still.

I called a friend today to help me find out, he's still hasn't reached me now.

Bikonu, what should I do?

Who recently applied for transcript from unizik?

Somebody help ooooo
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by xcelpro: 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2021

What you apply for after schooling in Nigeria is called Statement of Result. And it is for you. Schools in abroad call it Student copy of transcript. Everytime you apply for admission, good schools require you to order fresh transcripts from all the higher institutions you have attended. Simple as ABC.

You are right, applying for transcript in public Nigerian schools is not easy. However, private schools may be easy. My suggestion is that you get your WES equivalency for all your degrees and stop going to those useless schools. Do the wahala one time and start sending your transcripts from the comfort side of your bedroom.

Then, pray to God to bless you so you dont study again in Nigeria. It is not worth it. Even you lose your certificate in Nigerian public schools, they willl not replace it. Lol. What a funny way of life!!!

Goodluck!

Please how do someone go about this WES equivalence stuff abeg?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by xcelpro: 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2021
PAWG:
Unical is less than 20k

Please I do I go about unical statement of result immediately after graduation. Is it possible to get hardcopy transcript after graduation?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by PAWG(m): 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
xcelpro:

Please I do I go about unical statement of result immediately after graduation. Is it possible to get hardcopy transcript after graduation?

I don't know how to assist you because I'm no longer there. Yes, you can get the hard copy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by xcelpro: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
PAWG:

I don't know how to assist you because I'm no longer there. Yes, you can get the hard copy

Ok. Thank you
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by NonnieMarthins(f): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2021
With this Unizik online transcript application,

How do I know it has been sent?
How do I get the evidence?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Gloria15: 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
PAWG:

Sent to Unical, I chose the email delivery option and it cost 15k; I did it online late last month.

DHL/Courier delivery cost 3,096 extra, making a totla of 18,096 Naira

Did you have to go to school to get it?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? by Gloria15: 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2021
xcelpro:

For a statement of result, you need someone who can help you get your certificate from your faculty office. I told someone in school to help me and the person sent me my certificate through a logistics company. I paid 6k for the certificate, that's the amount you have to pay in microfinance bank. As for transcript, I don't know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures / LPS Ikoyi School Demands Dollars For School Fees, Despite CBN Ban(See Photo) / What Is The Name Of This Creature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.