Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves (68361 Views)

Shasa Crisis: Afenifere Condemns Prosecution Of Only Yoruba Suspects / 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries / Ibadan Clash: Makinde, Ganduje, Three Northern Governors Visit Shasa Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Dobodobo04: 9:46am On Feb 16, 2021
ednut1:
If northerners start their own make we no cry o.

What you talking about? They started it. This is self defence as enshrined in the constitution.

No leadership from top, so people should defend their land and properties by any means necessary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by LikeAking: 9:46am On Feb 16, 2021
vincentjk:
How would you keep someone's son as VP then making him a silent puppet at the same time?

He decided to silent.
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by CodeTemplar: 9:47am On Feb 16, 2021
If it is true that a Niger man ignited this whole thing then I cannot blame those who attack Hausa speaking Nigerians. And maybe the FG is just twisting the narrative to drive home the NIN thing.
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 16, 2021
omazus:
This is Trash. God knows that Igbos have had to contend a lot with this type of mindset of yours a lot. My hometown in Igbo land hosts an Hausa market. There are gbos including my folks who trade there but Hausas outnumber them. It makes no sense for those Igbo to start pestering the Northerners to relinquish leadrrship of the market to them. The process of choosing their leader is democratic and the Igbo understand that you rule if the majority say so. The same applies to Igbo markets in the North. I have never heard of Hausas or Fulani or any Northern tribe for that matter insisting that they should rule over markets populated by Igbos.

The reverse is the case in Yoruba land. They appoint leadership for Igbo markets. Most often the leaders they appoint are current or former members of NURTW who never sold a thing all his life. Without minding how profits are calculated these crooks would threaten and extort the Igbos. From what the market leader said, the Northerners were only resisting this type of nonsense. I salute them for there courage unlike my Igbo brothers who have caved in to blackmail. Imagine imposing a woman leader for a market populated by men in the name of Iyaloja.

Don't mind these kwalokwalo Yoruba

They thought we are idiot or humble like Igbo

Igbo are peace makers

Na rantse da Allah,wallahi sai mun rama

Any Yoruba should know that retaliation is on the way

you will cry and cry
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by harjay1986: 9:48am On Feb 16, 2021
Beverlyjean:
Hmmm.... Southerners in the North should b careful...this might b a strategy to plan a reprisal attack on Southerners in the North...

that will be interesting then what we want we be handed to us
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by DSC7: 9:49am On Feb 16, 2021
vincentjk:
How would you keep someone's son as VP then making him a silent puppet at the same time?

E be things........

Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 16, 2021
harjay1986:

that will be interesting then what we want we be handed to us

Odu-wawa? abi Odu-jaki ni?

We will retaliate...Nigeria comes to stay

That frog-eyed yellows teeth Tinubu will end up in prison and nothing will happen

You forget how we dealt with Abiola
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by OlawaleBammie: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Well everyone knows how Yorubas in Nigeria are gentle

So Yorubas from Togo and Benin republic decided to fight on behalf of Yourubas in Nigeria.

So it was really Niger, Togolese and Beninese that were fighting each other

Abi since we all decide to be mad. cheesy
guy pls explain, u don confuse me, wetin consern togolese and beninese??
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by phorget(m): 9:55am On Feb 16, 2021
I pray they don't get kidnapped on their way to their hometown o.
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Abubauchi: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2021
This ppl they are playing with the live of millions of yoruba leaving in the northern Nigeria
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 16, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

Don't mind these kwalokwalo Yoruba

They thought we are idiot or humble like Igbo

Igbo are peace makers

Na rantse da Allah,wallahi sai mun rama

Any Yoruba should know that retaliation is on the way

you will cry and cry

No problem. But please go back home.
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 16, 2021
Bagehot:

No problem. But please go back home.
Which home?
I am in home already
Niger republic people are the ones that used to go south..
And a lotta you are here doing big businesses
We have nothing to lose
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by phadul: 10:01am On Feb 16, 2021
Its unfortunate very unfortunate
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Rushna27(f): 10:01am On Feb 16, 2021
better for dem
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by HISSCRIBE1995: 10:01am On Feb 16, 2021
Many are not aware (ignorant) of what is really going on.
This is more than ibadan, more than yoruba or any southern region.

Hmm. I reserve my comment
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by darkwan: 10:02am On Feb 16, 2021
Racoon:

See the frightening reality of the situation Buhari have put this country into? A Nigerien is boldly confronting a Nigerian woman thereby lightening a fuse that will lead to the cascade of events wherein innocent hausa became victims.

This is just one among the many Nigeriens perhaps staying illegally in this nation.How on earth did a Nigerien became this bold to stir a fight outside his home country that will take this course is simply because he sees Nigeria as a conquered nation given the unholy alliance Mr president have with that nation.

Remember a delegation from two Nigerien states of Maradi & ........ crossed our borders to partake in Buhari's 2018 campaign rally in Kano.Now the railway he is building to terminate in that country via Kano.A president violating the sovereignty of a country @ will.

mr man,park....what does it matter nigerien or nigerian....??
we are all ecowas now....

because of 2 individuals quarrelin and it ended bad should become national issue now....??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Iamgrey5(m): 10:02am On Feb 16, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
guy pls explain, u don confuse me, wetin consern togolese and beninese??
I am Just saying that because Hausas are blaming Nigerian for what happened.
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Mainmanpadi(m): 10:03am On Feb 16, 2021
With this happening right now, nobody from the SW can even get 5% votes from the north. We are waiting for them. If APC really wants to remain in power they should better look elsewhere for their presidential candidate but not SW
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by darkwan: 10:04am On Feb 16, 2021
and its not even only about the crazy situation....they are fighting over leadership of the market aswell....
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Chinny024(f): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2021
Yorubas needs more of that thunder that was striking people and cows left and right last year...
Otherwise, this fight has come to stay if not curtailed....
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by diplomat058(m): 10:12am On Feb 16, 2021
It is our perogative to decide how things are run in our Land. If we do away with democracy and go for a meritocratic aristocracy, then so be it. Anyone that is not satisfied may move out. Even the UK that civilized you on democracy still have candidates SELECTED, NOT ELECTED into it's upper chamber, the House of Lord's. Democracy is not omnipotent.
omazus:
This is Trash. God knows that Igbos have had to contend a lot with this type of mindset of yours a lot. My hometown in Igbo land hosts an Hausa market. There are gbos including my folks who trade there but Hausas outnumber them. It makes no sense for those Igbo to start pestering the Northerners to relinquish leadrrship of the market to them. The process of choosing their leader is democratic and the Igbo understand that you rule if the majority say so. The same applies to Igbo markets in the North. I have never heard of Hausas or Fulani or any Northern tribe for that matter insisting that they should rule over markets populated by Igbos.

The reverse is the case in Yoruba land. They appoint leadership for Igbo markets. Most often the leaders they appoint are current or former members of NURTW who never sold a thing all his life. Without minding how profits are calculated these crooks would threaten and extort the Igbos. From what the market leader said, the Northerners were only resisting this type of nonsense. I salute them for there courage unlike my Igbo brothers who have caved in to blackmail. Imagine imposing a woman leader for a market populated by men in the name of Iyaloja.

1 Like

Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by PervertProphet: 10:14am On Feb 16, 2021
jarawa:

https://dailytrust.com/shasa-crisis-northerners-leaving-ibadan-in-droves

Pix 1: Northerners boarding a bus near the residence of Sarkin Sasa, Alhaji Haruna Maiyasin, yesterday

Pix 2: Officials of Yoruba and Hausa communities during a peace meeting in Ibadan, yesterday

So much disunity amongst the Black Race. I don't sometimes blame some White people who look at us as the runt of humanity.
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by diplomat058(m): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2021
All these Ipob idiots are fond of burning Bridges with their foolish comments of beating heart chests online. Imagine the trash this one is vomiting.
Khaleepha5681:

That frog-eyed yellows teeth Tinubu will end up in prison and nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 16, 2021
Chukwutobi:
I guess we need to remove this entitlement mentality from Nigerians too. I have seen cases where someone comes to a Hausa man to take items without the intention to pay and when the Hausa man asks for his money, the person will say it's "Owo Omo Onile" and this is after the Hausa man has paid Local Government and Several market dues.

An average local Yoruba youth does not want to work; they want to get things for free and that's what they use "It's my father's land" for.
This is really deep!!!
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 16, 2021
diplomat058:
All these Ipob idiots are fond of burning Bridges with their foolish comments of beating heart chests online. Imagine the trash this one is vomiting.

hhhhhhh

I now become IPOP

God forbid the day I will be born Flat headed nyamuri

But Igbo are now better than kwalokwalo Yoruba

kaji dan shegiya...da gutsun uwarka kai ne har zaka kira ni wai nyamuri?

Allah ya kiyaye
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by harjay1986: 10:27am On Feb 16, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

let see how it goes forget about keyboard mask
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by lastempero: 10:27am On Feb 16, 2021
Dem go still come back but na fulani people deserve this kind of treatment.
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Agadinaagwuofe: 10:28am On Feb 16, 2021
This doesn't sound good Makinde should do everything to avoid them leaving in droves cos trust me that's just a recipe for a reprisal attack in the North.
Re: Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves by Tvoice: 10:30am On Feb 16, 2021
ShootThemAll:
Of what importance is BOLA TINUBU to Yoruba's?

Fulani terrorists are killing your people, taking your land and raping your women...

TINUBU SORO SOKE!!!! WEREY!!!!!!!

The mumu no fit talk again na, e don loss him voice , e dey save am for 2023, while people are dying, I remember dat rally he did at ojota with that short pastor dat looks like hell rufai, they where ranting up adan like werey , now non of dem is talking any more , they opened differently tv stations and radio stations just to criticize th government as at dat time , but now dey are all dumb and any one dat says anything is an enemy of the kwantry, karma is not a bitch but a prostitute make una enjoy una change o jerey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Will Be The Next First Lady Of Nigeria? / Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard / Edo 2020: Obaseki Resigns From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.