Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community (1176 Views)

Kwara Community Where Residents Share Dirty Water With Cattle, Dogs / After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community / Northern Elders Forum (NEF) Ask Herdsmen To Leave The South, Asari Dokubo Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Omooba77: 9:15am On Feb 16, 2021
THE people of Oro land in the Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State and kinsmen of the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, have issued a seven-day ultimatum to herdsmen in Okerimi-Oro community to relocate to ensure security in the area.

The community under the aegis of Oro Descendants Union, in a statement titled, ‘We reject unlawful occupation of land in our community by Bororo/Fulani’, signed by the National President and National Publicity Secretary of the union, Alhaji Uthman Balogun and Mr. Kayode Adeyipo respectively, said that the herdsmen allegedly evicted from Oyo State, had occupied Okerimi-Oro community since the last week of January, 2021.

The people, who alleged that some traditional rulers in nearby communities connived with the herdsmen and purportedly signed an agreement to have them settled in their area, said the traditional rulers “discreetly brought the herdsmen to Okerimi-Oro land to settle”.

The 11 constituents of Oro kingdom are Okerimi-Oro, Ijomu-Oro, Aafin-Oro, Ido-Oro, Agbeola-Oro, Okeola-Oro, Iludun-Oro, Irebode-Oro, Oro, Sie and Olorunsogo.

“The site where the Bororo/Fulani herdsmen are occupying now is part of Koshoni-Ola Farmland in Okerimi-Oro. Everyone became scared, nervous and agitated, demanding that they should be sent away from our locality because of their reported, evidence-based nefarious activities, which included kidnapping, maiming of innocent citizens, robberies and destruction of farmland. And to our knowledge, it is not the company that invited them.

“The signed document had with the Aala of Ilala community and Baale of Buari community, the signatures of nine leaders of Bororo/Fulani, Seriki Fulani in Ajase-Ipo and Chairman of Miyetti Allah in Irepodun Local Government Area.

“The peace pact was witnessed by zonal heads of security agencies, including Nigeria Police Force, Department of State Security and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps,” the group added.

It noted that everything was without the knowledge of the people of Oro land, adding, “We are not party to it and we can’t be a party to any of such arrangements. Our people are vehemently against it, they had long kicked against it.”

Describing the act as disheartening and disgusting, the union said, “Can a house owner collect rent from anyone and direct the person to another man’s house to be received as tenant after signing tenancy agreement with him (i.e. the payer)? Buhari and Ilala are not part of Oro.

“We now implore Buari and Ilala to come and relocate Bororo/Fulani to their own land, which must be far away from our vicinity. And this must be done on or before the expiration of seven (7) days counting from today, Tuesday, February 16, 2021.”

https://punchng.com/lais-kinsmen-ask-herdsmen-to-vacate-kwara-community/
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Babzrockman: 9:17am On Feb 16, 2021
Lai Mohammed and family are well protected.

Do they need to inform their lie son before driving the criminals away?

Is it Lai Mohammed that will protect them?

Self defense by whatever means is d answer to incessant killings by the Herdsmen
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by aleeyus(m): 9:19am On Feb 16, 2021
Omooba77:
THE people of Oro land in the Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State and kinsmen of the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, have issued a seven-day ultimatum to herdsmen in Okerimi-Oro community to relocate to ensure security in the area.

The community under the aegis of Oro Descendants Union, in a statement titled, ‘We reject unlawful occupation of land in our community by Bororo/Fulani’, signed by the National President and National Publicity Secretary of the union, Alhaji Uthman Balogun and Mr. Kayode Adeyipo respectively, said that the herdsmen allegedly evicted from Oyo State, had occupied Okerimi-Oro community since the last week of January, 2021.

The people, who alleged that some traditional rulers in nearby communities connived with the herdsmen and purportedly signed an agreement to have them settled in their area, said the traditional rulers “discreetly brought the herdsmen to Okerimi-Oro land to settle”.

The 11 constituents of Oro kingdom are Okerimi-Oro, Ijomu-Oro, Aafin-Oro, Ido-Oro, Agbeola-Oro, Okeola-Oro, Iludun-Oro, Irebode-Oro, Oro, Sie and Olorunsogo.

“The site where the Bororo/Fulani herdsmen are occupying now is part of Koshoni-Ola Farmland in Okerimi-Oro. Everyone became scared, nervous and agitated, demanding that they should be sent away from our locality because of their reported, evidence-based nefarious activities, which included kidnapping, maiming of innocent citizens, robberies and destruction of farmland. And to our knowledge, it is not the company that invited them.

“The signed document had with the Aala of Ilala community and Baale of Buari community, the signatures of nine leaders of Bororo/Fulani, Seriki Fulani in Ajase-Ipo and Chairman of Miyetti Allah in Irepodun Local Government Area.

“The peace pact was witnessed by zonal heads of security agencies, including Nigeria Police Force, Department of State Security and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps,” the group added.

It noted that everything was without the knowledge of the people of Oro land, adding, “We are not party to it and we can’t be a party to any of such arrangements. Our people are vehemently against it, they had long kicked against it.”

Describing the act as disheartening and disgusting, the union said, “Can a house owner collect rent from anyone and direct the person to another man’s house to be received as tenant after signing tenancy agreement with him (i.e. the payer)? Buhari and Ilala are not part of Oro.

“We now implore Buari and Ilala to come and relocate Bororo/Fulani to their own land, which must be far away from our vicinity. And this must be done on or before the expiration of seven (7) days counting from today, Tuesday, February 16, 2021.”

https://punchng.com/lais-kinsmen-ask-herdsmen-to-vacate-kwara-community/
Lies

I dey Asa-Dam Rd in Ilorin right now
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:22am On Feb 16, 2021
It's a pity this is where we found ourselves as a country.
If telling them to leave would bring peace to the community, so be it.
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Omooba77: 9:32am On Feb 16, 2021
aleeyus:
Lies
Is Asa Dam or Stadium road in ORO?

2 Likes

Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by CodeTemplar: 9:41am On Feb 16, 2021
Lol... I can guess Lai will side with his belly.
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Haywhysat: 10:05am On Feb 16, 2021
Kwara state is waking up. It is so pathetic that the yoruba state of Kwara and kogi West are not connected to their people in West.

I don't see any difference between kogi West and Ekiti, almost the same dialect and greetings.

Also, part of ekiti is in Kwara state self( ekiti local government)

1 Like

Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by AdolfAboki(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2021
grin .. These days, if APC or Buhari fall politicians hand, them go hurriedly give Fulani quit notice to get back at Baba grin

Nigeria eh cheesy
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Samunique(m): 10:13am On Feb 16, 2021
undecided

How dare Lai's kinsmen ask Buhari's kinsmen to vacate their community?

Is Buhari no more the best thing that happened to Nigeria?

Mr Lai pls warn your people o !!!
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by juvewalex(m): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2021
I go just enter a community, I nor buy or lease land from the owners, but I go just begin dwell on the land say I be settler and on top that , I go still dey cause security challenges for the community.

Na wa o.
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Omooba77: 11:25am On Feb 16, 2021
juvewalex:
I go just enter a community, I nor buy or lease land from the owners, but I go just begin dwell on the land say I be settler and on top that , I go still dey cause security challenges for the community.

Na wa o.

Many of these Fulani are peaceful until Bororo mixed with them..
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by CodeTemplar: 12:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
Omooba77:

Many of these Fulani are peaceful until Bororo mixed with them..
What is bororo again o?
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Racoon(m): 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
Let's see how Lai Mohammed will use lies to convince them to accept and accommodate their oppressors and feudal lords.The Afonja-Alimi marriage is about to be broken.
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
Your new neighbors are not friendly, you're better fortify yourselves, confront and chase them out of Kwara South. Ilala, Ajase IPO, Oro and all the Igbomina should cooperate and get the terrorists and land-grabbers out if your land. They're not your friends but are around you to turn you to Ilorin (the conquered land).
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Omooba77: 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2021
CodeTemplar:
What is bororo again o?
Bororo are mostly the nomadic, most fulanis stay within a community.
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Omooba77: 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2021
Racoon:
Let's see how Lai Mohammed will use lies to convince them to accept and accommodate their oppressors and feudal lords.The Afonja-Alimi marriage is about to be broken.

The whole Eku - Mesan Oro rejects them. Lai has no say in this matter.
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Omooba77: 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2021
Everybody fighting Lai Lalsticlalala
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Omooba77: 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2021
CodeTemplar:
What is bororo again o?
Bororo are nomadic fulani from Mali, Burkinafasso, Niger, Chad...
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
aleeyus:

Lies

Did you miss your drug or something ? Is Asa Dam in Oro or is Oro inside Ilorin ? Everything is a lie until those blood sucking savages from Sahel start their bloody,nefarious business in that area.
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Monogamy: 6:43pm On Feb 16, 2021
Everybody is fed up of herdsmen activities in their state
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Omooba77: 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2021
Monogamy:
Everybody is fed up of herdsmen activities in their state

They want to take over every where...
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by sweetonugbu: 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
O meee
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by IamFINESSE: 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2021
Their wahala
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by CodeTemplar: 8:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
Omooba77:

Bororo are nomadic fulani from Mali, Burkinafasso, Niger, Chad...
If true that may explain why they are terrorizing the above mentioned nations simultaneously.
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by capitalzero: 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
CodeTemplar:
What is bororo again o?
Bororos and fulani belong to the same larger fula tribe.
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by flamingREED(m): 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2021
grin grin
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by Omooba77: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
flamingREED:
grin grin
My town inclusive..

1 Like

Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by nairalandankrah: 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hmn this is rather unfortunate.. Please we are one..dont let them divide us
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by CodeTemplar: 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2021
Omooba77:

My village inclusive..
Re: Lai’s Kinsmen Ask Herdsmen To Vacate Kwara Community by amazingspiderma: 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2021
Thought Lai said the country is safe under Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Powerful APC Chieftains That May Join PDP Before 2023 / Mclaren 720s Seen In A Village In KEBBI STATE Worth $299,000 / Senate's PIB Passage: A Legislative Coup Against Oil Producing Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.