Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? (513 Views)

What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real / Something You Believe In That Most People Don’t / Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Dembali: 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

I just came across this poll and quiz by Zikoko online magazine and i thought to share. How selfless are you?? How often do you give to the poor and people in need? Do you believe in the law of Karma in getting what you give?? Do you believe in giving to receive?

zikoko.com/quizzes/quiz-how-selfless-are-you/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Iceman296: 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
Giving is best when you do it and expect nothing in return.

4 Likes

Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by enoch273: 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2021
This brings back memories, I remember in the last days of December 2020, I was at Ikeja, St Nicholas Hospital to be precised.

On my way back home, I boarded a bus, and was waiting for it to finish loading, while some women were hawking their trade. Then I saw these little children too hawking, and I called on them.

I remember buying gala, a soft drink and leaving sizeable change with this kid, and the way he was prostrating. Had to come down from the bus to lift him up cause I felt somehow mehn.

I've not been collecting change from children selling stuff ever since. The look on their faces is always priceless.

Ah, children! Let God bless us to be able to do more.

6 Likes

Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Sandrabanjo: 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2021
Certainly, I believe in d law of karma especially in respect to giving.. They say givers never lack. But I do not believe in giving to receive. The blessedness of giving is in its selflessness, giving without expecting anything. If u give in expectation to receive that's trade by barter. Give out of love.

5 Likes

Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Izzyleeminho: 2:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
Absolutely, I believe in giving; apart from the fact that my parents advice and indulge me to give, I myself love to give. It gives me an inner joy that makes me feel that I'm fulfilling my purpose here. Though it's not always monetary but as long as I have it and if I give it to someone who is truly in need it'll not affect me much, I always do and most times, in unexpected ways, even without the expectation of receiving back, I get back a lot more than I give
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Sopstix(m): 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
I believe in giving without expectation of anything in return. I believe when you give you sow a seed that can germinate in any area of your life and at anytime. It can even be years later when you've forgotten that you gave something.

So my point is that we should always give with freewill- expecting nothing from nobody- but knowing fully well that there are blessings attached! grin
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by liljayjer: 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
I believe giving should be done with no expectations of something in return because that's what it means to be a selfless giver... A selfless giver is one who gives without wanting something in return...
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by MardiGrasii(f): 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2021
Giving shouldn't be premised on receiving.
When you give to people, you are helping them to achieve comfort and inturn be able to help others.

The universal law is that kindness begets kindness... so once you give, you need to expect anything back... But most definitely good will also come on to you when you least expect it
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by aj100: 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2021
Karma, or no karma, I just give, the Bible commands we give to the poor as they are around us, the little I have I give
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by KessyGodspower(m): 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2021
Well giving is sacrificial, hence either ways you are sacrificing. There are times when a man decides to be selfless and give out at that point he is giving without getting it back. But when there's an agreement of return it is sacrosanct the other party returns what has been agreed on.

I believe in both they are important in life's fulfilment.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Ebidabi: 5:53pm On Feb 17, 2021
Honestly, I believe in giving without expectations. I'm actually the kind of person who gives without a second glance. It's quite calming knowing you did this for you and yourself in the sense that you did it just because you felt like. Not because you are giving because you want something back. But cause you want to appreciate the person. Simple.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Aybukky: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2021
I believe in karma, what you give is what you get.I don't think you should give because you want something in return, it is better to give out of the abundance of heart. There is this joy that comes when you give, knowing you came to someone's aid when they needed it
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by eueuuc10: 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2021
From The Holy Bible, Jesus gave three principles as part of our service in Christianity. One of the principles is alms giving. As a believer, I believe in giving than receiving, because it is blessed to give than to believe, especially to those who can't pay back.
Most people believe in giving, but they give to people who don't need it in return for a future favour, I believe this isn't right, it's just a principle of an eye for an eye.
In conclusion, I believe in giving to receiving.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by EinsteinAyo(m): 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2021
Giving could be likened to sowing. Whoever doesn't sow can never reap. I have always loved to give even if I don't have much.

Whoever sow bountifully will reap bountifully. That's just the law of giving. Don't give because you are being constrained to give but rather, give willingly.

Law of Karma is absolutely valid and I do believe in it.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Uyi168: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2021
... Don't say u were not warned.

Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by bovage(m): 11:42pm On Feb 17, 2021
I believe in the law of Karma, it's somehow analogous to Newton's third law of motion.

As regards giving, the Bible has said it all in 2 Corinthians Chap 9: verse 6-7.
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.(A) 7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give,(B) not reluctantly or under compulsion,(C) for God loves a cheerful giver.(D)

I don't give when am being forced to and try as much as possible not to let the third party know when I give.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by GuyInTheMirror: 12:05am On Feb 18, 2021
This is a very potent weapon of upliftment that many people are ignorant of.

I do not pay tithe, I give to the needy the money I should pay as tithe and God has been very faithful.
From getting a banking job without knowing anyone, to surviving life threatening issues, to immigrating to North America to getting my very first Job here in North America .

Just last week, I stumbled on 2 stocks that I bought and have now doubled in price....

Please if you dont learn anything from Nairaland, learn to give to the needy and by honest in your dealings, your life will transform . If you are like me without long leg please learn to give to the needy you will be favoured for it.

I am speaking out of personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Liposure: 12:11am On Feb 18, 2021
Giving is living.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by ec0malchemist(m): 1:47am On Feb 18, 2021
Uyi168:
... Don't say u were not warned.
Na so dem take wreck my mumsy.
from pastors to family members...a word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by GuyInTheMirror: 2:05am On Feb 18, 2021
ec0malchemist:

Na so dem take wreck my mumsy.

from pastors to family members...a word is enough for the wise.
This is the issue, she is giving to opportunist, she needs to give to people in need without expecting anything in return, with a pure heart. At the same time she has to ensure that she is not giving away her life savings.
Maybe her motive for giving is to impress people.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by TEMITOPE190: 8:11am On Feb 18, 2021
Apparently, I believe in the law of Karma because there is a reward for every deed either good or bad. You will surely reap whatever you sow. However, one of the sign of a true believer is someone who render assistance without any expectation of something in return. Let's do whatever we do for others out of love.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Elprima(m): 8:15am On Feb 18, 2021
If you don't give, how will you receive?

"Give and it shall be given into you."
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by 01Kingsley: 10:55am On Feb 18, 2021
I obviously believe in d law of karma especially in respect to charity, i don't actually believe that when you give, you expect something in return from that person. I give out selflessly and I know I'll surely be blessed, that's why I'll always like to be a channel of blessing. I give out of love.
(Quote) (Report) 4
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Jesuisbelle(f): 11:31am On Feb 18, 2021
Ideally it should be better to give without any intention of receiving.That's giving. Otherwise it just becomes an exchange.There is no harm in receiving still.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Do You Believe In That? by Teleprompter(f): 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
The law of Karma is not real

I do not believe in giving money to people who are not productive.

I do not believe that everyone in need deserves to be helped.

I beleive in giving and not expecting anything in return.

I veleive that generally, the one who gives is likely to receive more.

(1) (Reply)

Here's A Perfect Solution If You Want To Get Rid Of Chronic Back and Joint Pain / Men; Which Of These 21 Family Problems Have You Been Able To Dodge? / The Kingdom Of God: Marriage And Family Life-solutions: A Problem Shared...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.