Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,704 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:01 AM

Please Anybody With The Meaning Of This ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Anybody With The Meaning Of This ? (1511 Views)

The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / My Family Is Starving, Please Anybody Who Can Help Us Out / Please Anybody Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Anybody With The Meaning Of This ? by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 19, 2021
NoToPile:

Tiny things? grin grin Abeg they are not tiny, not everyone will get yam.

@2nd bolded you still don't get the concept which it is 'no matter how small you must get something from the items brought from the husbands family',

Some get only one small sachet of salt.

He got coconut, cucumber, salt and Adun .

Maybe his uncle is not elderly then if he can't relate with the items he was given but the poster asked a question to know what/ why and he has been answered.

Answer not satisfactory. tongue. Besides he's stated that the uncle understands what those things mean but ask him to discared them anyways.
Re: Please Anybody With The Meaning Of This ? by delex004(m): 10:41am On Feb 19, 2021
CalliDora1:

They are not related. He's just a friend to them and that is why everyone, (including me) is wondering why they had to give such a thing to an outsider. Or I didn't read right? They are not families.

It's ok if it's a traditional rite but I feel it should stay within the family. If you give me such things, I won't collect since I don't understand.

They are just church members
but very close

1 Like

Re: Please Anybody With The Meaning Of This ? by NoToPile: 10:45am On Feb 19, 2021
CalliDora1:

Answer not satisfactory. tongue. Besides he's stated that the uncle understands what those things mean but ask him to discared them anyways.

You know its satisfactory. cool

Re: Please Anybody With The Meaning Of This ? by delex004(m): 10:46am On Feb 19, 2021
ThatPetiteChic:

You don't need to keep explaining to her. She's probably not a Yoruba lady so it will be difficult for her to understand.

To the Op:
I don't see anything fetish in what was gifted to the uncle. Adun is a local snack and I love eating it just like eko(agidi). It's also part of the marriage list. Some people may read unnecessary meaning to it but I'm sure the woman gave your uncle with a clear mind. I hope your uncle won't change his attitude towards her and start thinking she's an enemy of progress because na so e dey start. Brewing discord and hatred where there is none.

@CalliDora1

I got married last year December and they splitted everything into 2(paternal and maternal). My dad's people are very small and they travelled from far so they couldn't carry most of their share. He had to give out almost everything to his friends and staff. Including salt, sugar, fruits, aadun, kolanut etc and they were all happy to receive because they felt they were tapping from the Blessing. We need to focus on more relevant things in our lives.

Because you see their facial expression
Doesn't mean they are really happy about it

My uncle was happy receiving it but when he get to see what's inside...........
Re: Please Anybody With The Meaning Of This ? by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 19, 2021
delex004:

Imagine o. Just Church members.

No toplie
Re: Please Anybody With The Meaning Of This ? by NoToPile: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2021
delex004:

but very close

The truth is people will soon stop doing what they feel is right because of fear of being labeled as whatever.

The alaga my mum gave yam that I mentioned earlier was our church member, same housefellowship

It is well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is She Really Pregnant? / Court Wedding Without Ceremony, Is It Possible? / (CLOSED) Benin-City Relocation Sales: I'm Selling EVERYTHING We Own As A Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.