Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole (71823 Views)

Ukraine Invites Russian Mothers To Fetch Captured Soldiers / President Mnangagwa Fires Joram Gumbo Over Power Outage For 8 Hrs Per Day / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by angelfallz(m): 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
you are one persistent man. i like that.

SeriouslySense:
why not, its your choice, but what about the implications of such, if everyone did same.

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Eriokanmi: 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
BigBashiru:

what those areas have in common is that they are populated by a black majority - which is why Trump doesnt want more of you guys....
Hmmm. Have you been to los Angeles before at all...inglewood to be precise?
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by edoairways: 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2021
stayclearofme:

Why are you all not always against Fox news that could do anything to support Trump?
Fox news are smarter than CNN international. They thread with caution because of their viewership however CNN doesn't give a damn. Anyway, CNN will have a taste of their medicine.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by stayclearofme: 3:36pm On Feb 18, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

I know that, you know that, but during Trump's administration, CNN et al didn't recognize natural disasters. Hurricanes, floods, epidemics were all considered to be "acts of Trump". That's why I'm happy that this happened post Trump. Otherwise, we would have been having repeated news on the hour about how Trump betrayed Texans by freezing their water supply. We can hear word now. Just look at how there are no more Covid-19 mortality updates, no more BLM and police brutality news, no more serious news about how much TP the POTUS wastes daily contributing to climate change. If there's anything I like about Biden's win (deserved or otherwise), it's the fact that all the leftist yappings that had been going on for 4 years prior have ceased totally.
Lol I experience two Hurricane under Trump I see now where on CNN or other news that blame him for that. They could talk about Trump not believing in Global warming which is a fact( which you don't even know) We all know what global warming is causing. So if you talk in that direction I agree with you.
Between Trump of a man almost equates himself to God so when you have a man of such character what do you expect, a man that knows everything more than anybody. CBS news also gives reports about Trump so why is it only CNN?
As for Biden's win it is deserved! He might not be the best but a sane man in now in power. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by stayclearofme: 3:42pm On Feb 18, 2021
edoairways:

Fox news are smarter than CNN international. They thread with caution because of their viewership however CNN doesn't give a damn. Anyway, CNN will have a taste of their medicine.
Indeed! Do you even watch Fox News? I bet you hardly do that because if you live Nigerian or in any other part of Africa CNN is the most popular and the most watched so it is easy for you to make conclusions about them. If you had watched Fox News just for a day during Trump regime may be you might have had a better understanding.

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Coolest8: 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2021
Welcome to the club.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by SeriouslySense(m): 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy, thanks, politely consistent

angelfallz:
you are one persistent man. i like that.

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by shiwex: 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
BOLLDD:
At least dey are well coordinated in fetching the water...

If to say na my beloved country, fight for don start since cheesy
And they will also be compensated by the govt.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by shiwex: 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
Coolest8:
Welcome to the club.
At least they will be compensated by their govt....what do Nigerians get?
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by smiliyB(f): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
BigBashiru:

since the white man left in 1960, nigeria has been in decline. its not racism its the truth....
That's the truth, sometimes I wish they're still in charge cry like Nigeria could have been much much better than the way it's now cry cry
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Revolva(m): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
So this is what u foolish nigerian derived joy in this is just in a small community in Houston city ...and its gonna be solved within d week

unlike your nation which is a total disaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPAqfcL5szc
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by edoairways: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
stayclearofme:

Indeed! Do you even watch Fox News? I bet you hardly do that because if you live Nigerian or in any other part of Africa CNN is the most popular and the most watched so it is easy for you to make conclusions about them. If you had watched Fox News just for a day during Trump regime may be you might have had a better understanding.
You are ignorant to think I waste my time watching that useless station called CNN. I watch fox news, news max, ABC news. So think every nairalander reside in Nigeria I suppose?. CNN international is popular in Africa because it is cheap to broadcast on multi choice. Secondly, they have an MOU with multi choice Africa . Fox news were pretending to be unbiased until the USA election exposed them.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
Lol.. omor! See queue.. grin
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by stayclearofme: 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
edoairways:

You are ignorant to think I waste my time watching that useless station called CNN. I watch fox news, news max, ABC news. So think every nairalander reside in Nigeria I suppose?. CNN international is popular in Africa because it is cheap to broadcast on multi choice. Secondly, they have an MOU with multi choice Africa . Fox news were pretending to be unbiased until the USA election exposed them.
Oga there is nothing useless about CNN just because they don't support your Trump agenda. I bet before the coming of Trump you wouldn't have called CNN a cheap network. How on earth will I think every Nairalander resides in Nigeria? Check my comment to the other guy. I don't live in Nigeria either, I live in Texas.
If you watch other News network that is probably because you don't reside in Nigeria either.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Dejicano(m): 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
Na Naija people still full there
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Glovoutu(m): 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2021
I will take them seriously if they buy 4rm truck pushers or aboki
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by edoairways: 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
stayclearofme:

Oga there is nothing useless about CNN just because they don't support your Trump agenda. I bet before the coming of Trump you wouldn't have called CNN a cheap network. How on earth will I think every Nairalander resides in Nigeria? Check my comment to the other guy. I don't live in Nigeria either, I live in Texas.
If you watch other News network that is probably because you don't reside in Nigeria either.
CNN international has been useless from immemorial. I never liked them before Trump contested for president. They haven't changed in their lies they dish to the public.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by meobizy(f): 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2021
I’ll still pick there a hundred times over Nigeria. This hardship will last only a week to a few months. Ours is a lifetime situation.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by zuto4u(m): 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2021
Lol
valentineuwakwe:
nothing new here n it can happen anywhere in the world which I believe will be fix writhing the coming weeks..but here in Nigeria, what has really worked, nothing..instead we keep heparin vision 2020 or is it now vision 2030....
not even one thing have been done right in Nigeria since 1960!
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nmezor(f): 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
It has been restored,thank God...My sis over there just informed us and guess what? Some folks screamed up Nepa after it was restored.She just smiled n said Nigerians. smiley
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by JONSYN7154: 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2021
Nmezor:
It has been restored,thank God...My sis over there just informed us and guess what? Some folks screamed up Nepa after it was restored.She just smiled n said Nigerians. smiley
grin
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Emeraldgreene(f): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2021
drakeli:
I’m in Dallas, Texas. I’m yet to have my bath now. The snow storm has cause kassala for here o. No water to do anything. Temperature dropped to as low as 4 degree. The worst ever since 1989 in the state of Texas
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Emeraldgreene(f): 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2021
[do rub and shine .uote author=Emeraldgreene post=99201870][/quote]
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nmezor(f): 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
JONSYN7154:
grin
Hiya smiley
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by drakeli: 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2021
[quote author=Emeraldgreene post=99201870][/quote]Everything is back to normal now. Water is back. Water and light all running good
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 18, 2021
A Taste of our everyday life in nigeria,hell they've got borehole some of us have to rely on wells
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
Nostradamus1:
Actually , you are wrong .

Their government caused it by being stingy and refusing to listen to experts
The Nigerian government is worse.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Emeraldgreene(f): 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hurray that's good,thank you God and thank you hard-working engineers.Enjoy ur bath,make sure u spend one hour in d bathroom.wash everywhere.uote author=drakeli post=99202027]Everything is back to normal now. Water is back. Water and light all running good [/quote]
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Primusinterpares(m): 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2021
htdot:
You go school at all? Warming cause frozen?

Bros go and read properly before saying what you don't know. Global warming affects climatic which inturns affect the downfall of snows.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by armyofone(m): 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2021
I need to dig a well and water drawer from empty paint can...what do i need for digging ?
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Rossnitti: 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2021
michlins:
See how Nigeria government will use this rare scene to ask Nigerians to endure suffering and lack of social amenities

Lol.... I can imagine Lai Mohammed saying, ''Can you see? These things happen all over the world, even in the most advanced countries. I think Nigerians should be patient with us as we continue to improve our power supply.'' smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union / Zuma Protest: South Africans Are Taking Looting To Next Level (Pictures) / The Moment Japan Ex-PM, Shinzo Abe Was Shot (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.