Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole (71866 Views)

Ukraine Invites Russian Mothers To Fetch Captured Soldiers / President Mnangagwa Fires Joram Gumbo Over Power Outage For 8 Hrs Per Day / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Gadafii: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2021
nigerian daily lifestyle cheesy

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Uyi168: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2021
Hall 4,uniben style grin

2 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nostradamus1: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2021
backnbeta:
This is due to weather and not due to the irresponsibility and insensitivity of their leaders, unlike in Nigeria undecided
Actually , you are wrong .

Their government caused it by being stingy and refusing to listen to experts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Zimzy(m): 11:08am On Feb 18, 2021
So what then? We all know that it would be taken care of in no distant time
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by olaboy33(m): 11:08am On Feb 18, 2021
wahala for bayo wey leave ojelegba go texas for basic amenties..

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by VerifiedStalin: 11:08am On Feb 18, 2021
America is a 3rd world country wearing a Gucci belt.

2 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Incognito403: 11:08am On Feb 18, 2021
Nothing special here
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by olaboy33(m): 11:09am On Feb 18, 2021
wahala fir
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Emmanuel010414(m): 11:09am On Feb 18, 2021
michlins:
See how Nigeria government will use this rare scene to ask Nigerians to endure suffering and lack of social amenities
No be lie, I taya for NG.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by stasius: 11:09am On Feb 18, 2021
Yesterday I saw pictures of people packing away their foods in snows to chill them while they wait for power restoration.

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by angelfallz(m): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2021
I saw a tweet of a white woman complaining they have not had light for 30hrs.
Ordinary 30hrs. We that sometimes we don't see light for 2 weeks nko. grin

6 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by PotatoSalad(m): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2021
michlins:
See how Nigeria government will use this rare scene to ask Nigerians to endure suffering and lack of social amenities
You spoke my mind
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by BruncleZuma: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Incognito403: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2021
Gadafii:
nigerian daily lifestyle cheesy
Point of correction, in Nigeria there would have been exchange of words and blows. With all this frustration, who will line up?

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Cantonese: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2021
Imagine that you are a Nigeria there.

You go don remember how you take hussle water for Nigeria. How una dey take go river, waka with bucket dey find well, dey go baba olomi compound. How una dey line up for front of toilet and bathroom for gave me I face you. Una go teach oyibo the levels very well there.

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Funkybabee(f): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2021
I heard their weather these days is bad
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by GeneralPula: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2021
It’s due to the their present weather condition..
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by freemanq(m): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2021
This one na normal thing now,we are used to this situation in Africa so nonthing new
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by BigBashiru: 11:11am On Feb 18, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
nothing new here n it can happen anywhere in the world which I believe will be fix writhing the coming weeks..but here in Nigeria, what has really worked, nothing..instead we keep heparin vision 2020 or is it now vision 2030....
not even one thing have been done right in Nigeria since 1960!

since the white man left in 1960, nigeria has been in decline. its not racism its the truth....

3 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by ekeneokwologu(m): 11:11am On Feb 18, 2021
I can live in the usa without water than staying in Nigeria with water. Cars available for sale at TONY T AUTOS LEKKI 08062499398.

2 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by SeriouslySense(m): 11:11am On Feb 18, 2021
Please stop showing how proud you are of suffering, why she should suffer such because your leaders are irresponsible, does not mean others should suffer same thing.

angelfallz:
I saw a tweet of a white woman complaining they have not had light for 30hrs.
Ordinary 30hrs. We that sometimes we don't see light for 2 weeks nko. grin

2 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by BruncleZuma: 11:11am On Feb 18, 2021
Mynd44:
They also got a bunch of wind turbines but the cheap governor decided not to pay the extra cash to protect then from harsh winters.
The problem is not even the Wind Mills but their fossil fuel/coal powered powerplants.

In reality, failures in natural gas, coal and nuclear energy systems were responsible for nearly twice as many outages as frozen wind turbines and solar panels, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which operates the state’s power grid, said in a press conference Tuesday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Marv650(m): 11:11am On Feb 18, 2021
Ẹ don red...

Check my signature to help your brand create content
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 18, 2021
Pochettino:
Nairaland moderators are a major source of our problems in this country.

Why move this to front page

Now Buhari will see this and deal with us then use this as justification that it happens in developed nations too!! Na wa!!
Buhari dey Nairaland okwa ya

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Freezby2020: 11:12am On Feb 18, 2021
Bro how can you concluded that nothing work here, I know and many Nigerians know that:-
Corruption, Inept leadership, nepotism, banditry
Kidnapping, Religious EXTREMESIM, Poverty, Crime WORK AND WORK WELL.

SO, STOP THINKING THAT NOTHING WORK PLZ

valentineuwakwe:
nothing new here n it can happen anywhere in the world which I believe will be fix writhing the coming weeks..but here in Nigeria, what has really worked, nothing..instead we keep heparin vision 2020 or is it now vision 2030....
not even one thing have been done right in Nigeria since 1960!

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by benn94(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2021
Well it's not going to be a permanent situation, unlike this sh*thole.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by chrisooblog: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2021
in the words of M.Bison in the movie street fighter let me borrow and adjust this quote from the film "the day electricity went off was the most significant and eventful day for a Texan in recent times but for a Nigerian it's just tuesday" undecided grin

TMSMedia:
America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole (Video)

Residents of Texas have been captured lining up to fetch water amid days of blackout in the state caused by failure in natural gas operations, IgbereTV reports.

Operators revealed that the bulk of the power loss in Texas came from natural gas suppliers as pipelines froze, making it difficult for plants to get the fuel they needed.

Electricity is normally used to pump water into the homes of residents but since the outage, many have resorted to seeking alternative ways of accessing their daily needs.

In a video shared on Twitter by abc reporter, Erica Simon, citizens could be seen in a queue holding buckets and dispenser containers as they fetched water from a borehole tap.

Sharing the video, Erica wrote;

https://twitter.com/EricaOnABC13/status/1362210811092082688?s=20
See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Df3n10OuU
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Eriokanmi: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2021
osamz007:
RARE PICTURE OF OJUELEGBA IN AMERICA
There are even places worse than that in New York, especially in Jamaica side. Likewise in Inglewood area at West Century in Los Angeles. These are the rare scenes you'd never see on CNN grin but the beauty of American governance is, as unkept as those places seem to be, government's hands are felt everywhere. The residents have access to what the rich can also afford. Unlike here where the rich have drawn the lines between them and the poor.

2 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by lekki1444: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2021
cheesy america has turned to third world country. it was bound to happen sooner seeing all the cosmic signs
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2021
I don't know why I find this amusinggrin
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2021
Good thing it didn't happen during Trump's tenure. We would have been deafened by hourly updated from MSN and CNN by now on the ongoing "Water Crisis Disaster" in Texas. Riots would have filled the streets of the US, and Pelosi would have promptly prepared an impeachment.

5 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Topmaike007(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Just a temporal glitch... Ours unfortunately, already has become a way of life.no thanks to APC..
But why only black community is affected?
so you mean APC has been in power since 1999 or before 2015 you get constant power in your house? all our politicians have failed us don't limit it to one party alone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union / Zuma Protest: South Africans Are Taking Looting To Next Level (Pictures) / The Moment Japan Ex-PM, Shinzo Abe Was Shot (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.