Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole (71863 Views)

Ukraine Invites Russian Mothers To Fetch Captured Soldiers / President Mnangagwa Fires Joram Gumbo Over Power Outage For 8 Hrs Per Day / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by kevoh(m): 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2021
Nostradamus1:
Nigerians in Texas will just be flexing
Funny enough, they are complaining. I saw my old skool mate's tweet. You need to power the heaters to avoid getting messed up by extreme cold. No amount of NEPA/PHCN can prepare you for that.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by drediamond(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
27Pushing30:

Azzin i wonder how gullible people can be sef.

Fox is blaming Alternative energy, CNN is blaming the governor and fossil fuel energy failure.

Only the independent of mind can deduce it's just another natural disaster that's hit a state NOT used to seeing such bad weather

Lol, you are right!

The amount of bias in American media among all sides will continue to greatly divide that country, especially the so-called corporate or liberal media that control the biggest share of the news or narrative structure.

Did they put the blame squarely on Governor Newson when the same thing happened in California during the last forest fire when many homes in California were without power and a lot of power rationing was done?

Instead, they brutally criticize Trump for his misspeak and let go of Newson.

When you know that for these corporate media is all about the narrative, not news or fact, then you will understand them better.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by lexy2014: 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
Jimi24:

It is a shame for Texas. Let me leave your inferiority complex and ignorance gor a minute.
Texas, the richest state in the US is home to a lot of ignorant people like you ..who only know oil and gas business and ranching.
They have a privately run power grid dependently mostly on fossil fuel power generation plants. Also because of rank stupidity their grid has no interconnectivity with other states so they cannot import power.
It was okay for a long while because Texas was mostly a hot state with a lot of crude oil and gas. Now God has shown that humility is important. Being grateful is important. A once in 5000 year cold blast has come and reset their brains.

My own issue is your lack of understanding that most countries get it wrong as well.
It is very stupid and ignorant to think only Nigerians make mistakes or have gotten it wrong. Pls open your eyes in the next three years. You will learn

This doesn't appear as an informed or nationalistic post. It's only a reflection of ur very words..."inferiority complex and ignorance"
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by lexy2014: 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2021
This is d problem with centrally controlled public service. Once there's a problem, it affects everyone
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by gcode120(m): 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
To them it's a disaster .
To us it's a way of life [color=#000099][/color]
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
Americans having a bite of what nigerians experience on a routine basis..but while theirs is due to weather..nigeria' s own is due to incompitency of its leaders
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by oloyedewaris(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
BOLLDD:
At least dey are well coordinated in fetching the water...

If to say na my beloved country, fight for don start since cheesy
And na people like you dey start the fight
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Basher8583: 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
theFilmtric:
what we Nigeria suffer on daily basis—God help us

theFilmtricsay

what nonsense is this one saying?
Was I talking about water?
Or can't you read?
Everybody knows Nigeria's electricity is one off the worst in the world
Abi which kin rubbish u dey talk
I also haven't suffered water problems
Or are you looking for how to brag??
Majority of Nigerians are without stable electricity
Or are you comparing the U.S to Nigeria?
What exactly is wrong?
Next time don't quote someone with emotions
Use facts instead

theFilmtricsay

See this emotinal one talking about facts. Lol.
Like I already mentioned speak for yourself. Do not generalise with the word Nigerians. Im not a broke ass like you.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Cleo7: 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
Pochettino:
Nairaland moderators are a major source of our problems in this country.

Why move this to front page

Now Buhari will see this and deal with us then use this as justification that it happens in developed nations too!! Na wa!!
can buHari even read the topic
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
stayclearofme:

You just dey type rubbish. We are talking about natural disaster here.

I know that, you know that, but during Trump's administration, CNN et al didn't recognize natural disasters. Hurricanes, floods, epidemics were all considered to be "acts of Trump". That's why I'm happy that this happened post Trump. Otherwise, we would have been having repeated news on the hour about how Trump betrayed Texans by freezing their water supply. We can hear word now. Just look at how there are no more Covid-19 mortality updates, no more BLM and police brutality news, no more serious news about how much TP the POTUS wastes daily contributing to climate change. If there's anything I like about Biden's win (deserved or otherwise), it's the fact that all the leftist yappings that had been going on for 4 years prior have ceased totally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Abid2020(m): 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2021
TMSMedia:
America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole (Video)

Residents of Texas have been captured lining up to fetch water amid days of blackout in the state caused by failure in natural gas operations, IgbereTV reports.

Operators revealed that the bulk of the power loss in Texas came from natural gas suppliers as pipelines froze, making it difficult for plants to get the fuel they needed.

Electricity is normally used to pump water into the homes of residents but since the outage, many have resorted to seeking alternative ways of accessing their daily needs.

In a video shared on Twitter by abc reporter, Erica Simon, citizens could be seen in a queue holding buckets and dispenser containers as they fetched water from a borehole tap.

Sharing the video, Erica wrote;

https://twitter.com/EricaOnABC13/status/1362210811092082688?s=20
See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Df3n10OuU
So Ajah dey for America
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2021
Topmaike007:
so you mean APC has been in power since 1999 or before 2015 you get constant power in your house? all our politicians have failed us don't limit it to one party alone.
exactly....there is no difference between apc and pdp
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by shilz(f): 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
Have anyone noticed the harmattan is back.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by htdot: 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2021
Mynd44:
They also got a bunch of wind turbines but the cheap governor decided not to pay the extra cash to protect then from harsh winters.
You will no a true buharist when dey speak.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Cleo7: 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2021
drakeli:
I’m in Dallas, Texas. I’m yet to have my bath now. The snow storm has cause kassala for here o. No water to do anything. Temperature dropped to as low as 4 degree. The worst ever since 1989 in the state of Texas
then come back home Na weather warm for here die grin
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by htdot: 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
Primusinterpares:
This is not good news at all.

Can we blame government or global warming.

Even our climate/weather in Nigeria is not exempted from this depletion of our eco system.

#LetsSavePlanetEarth.
You go school at all?
Warming cause frozen?
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by 27Pushing30: 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2021
drediamond:

Lol, you are right!

The amount of bias in American media among all sides will continue to greatly divide that country, especially the so-called corporate or liberal media that control the biggest share of the news or narrative structure.

Did they put the blame squarely on Governor Newson when the same thing happened in California during the last forest fire when many homes in California were without power and a lot of power rationing was done?

Instead, they brutally criticize Trump for his misspeak and let go of Newson.

When you know that for these corporate media is all about the narrative, not news or fact, then you will understand them better.

You forgot to mention the current crisis rocking NY with Cuomo? getting very low NEWS TIME! dem no wan loud am.

That's how hypocritical they are.

Make dem continue sha.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by hermesprogidy(m): 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2021
backnbeta:
This is due to weather and not due to the irresponsibility and insensitivity of their leaders, unlike in Nigeria undecided
It's not just the weather. Texas has not been maintaining their power infrastructure for years. It was a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2021
The power outage was only in the towns where those your "I've travelled abroad" people use to go and squat. It can't happen in just anywhere.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by dapadawee: 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2021
the rich also cry opportunity for naija guys to make cool money
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by angelfallz(m): 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
Nawa oh. All because I said it's my choice grin grin grin

SeriouslySense:
There is nothing wrong with showing how you suffered, but when people turn suffering into a competition, then who will think about improving so suffering is not normal, if its normal for the people, then they should not think about improvements, or leaving the country, since there is much suffering to enjoy and be proud about. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Other people suffer, but they don't celebrate it or hang it over their neck, they celebrate the ability to be creative, to learn, to change and to prevent others from suffering such.

Its only un-intelligent people that think everyone has to suffer, because they lack the intelligence to change suffering or to adapt, such that they can tamper it, like how ones tampers metal or molten metal or how one adapts cotton to fabrics, and from fabrics to beautiful cloths.

Celebrate only the suffering that changes and makes things better, not perpetual suffering.

Many have suffered more than anyone here is proud to suffer, but they do not dwell on it, and that others who suffered less than them should keep suffering or mock others.

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by drakeli: 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
Cleo7:
then come back home Na weather warm for here die grin

With the Nigerian warm weather. Na that one go worse pass. Person for Don dey smell. But you can go a whole day in winter without bathing and still be smelling fresh. Mind you, it’s not what I do. But now, it seems like I don’t have a choice since water is not even available. But I still have light steady. Some areas don’t have both light and water right now. Praying sun come out and warm the pipeline
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Exodora: 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
With that fu#king weather who wan bath kwanu . Me if am there I cannot come and kill myself by bathing
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Oshokalo: 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
TMSMedia:
America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole (Video)

Residents of Texas have been captured lining up to fetch water amid days of blackout in the state caused by failure in natural gas operations, IgbereTV reports.

Operators revealed that the bulk of the power loss in Texas came from natural gas suppliers as pipelines froze, making it difficult for plants to get the fuel they needed.

Electricity is normally used to pump water into the homes of residents but since the outage, many have resorted to seeking alternative ways of accessing their daily needs.

In a video shared on Twitter by abc reporter, Erica Simon, citizens could be seen in a queue holding buckets and dispenser containers as they fetched water from a borehole tap.

Sharing the video, Erica wrote;

https://twitter.com/EricaOnABC13/status/1362210811092082688?s=20
See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Df3n10OuU
see people wey go fetch water, still dress up in woody and snickers
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by edoairways: 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2021
michlins:
See how Nigeria government will use this rare scene to ask Nigerians to endure suffering and lack of social amenities
Let me book this cheesy
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by 2rez: 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
backnbeta:
This is due to weather and not due to the irresponsibility and insensitivity of their leaders, unlike in Nigeria undecided

U damn right but just wait & watch minister of information in that contraption jump on it to make a senseless point. Wait for it...
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by SeriouslySense(m): 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
why not, its your choice, but what about the implications of such, if everyone did same.

angelfallz:
Nawa oh. All because I said it's my choice grin grin grin

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by edoairways: 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2021
stayclearofme:

You just dey type rubbish. We are talking about natural disaster here.
RisenPhoenix1 is right. CNN as usual would keep up with the blame game on Trump.

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by stayclearofme: 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2021
edoairways:

RisenPhoenix1 is right. CNN as usual would keep up with the blame game on Trump.
Why are you all not always against Fox news that could do anything to support Trump?
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2021
stayclearofme:

Why are you all not always against Fox news that could do anything to support Trump?

Because positivity is more palatable than hatred and negativity.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by edoairways: 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2021
etrouble:

This one is typing from the psychiatric ward of Lagos Isolation Center. Biden Lee you there. You unfortunately bitter loser.

Now tell me, have you ever succeeded in anything in your life? You supported Goatluck Jonathan, he lost woefully, you supported the Adamawa Bobrisky, he lost woefully, you campaigned for the dump Donald Trump, he was humiliated. Why is failure associated with you always?
The storm experienced in Texas USA is just a tip of the iceberg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union / Zuma Protest: South Africans Are Taking Looting To Next Level (Pictures) / The Moment Japan Ex-PM, Shinzo Abe Was Shot (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.