Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? (6957 Views)

Is This Type Of Punishment Appropriate? Pics Attached / This Type Of Watch Has Been Stolen In London, It Worth ₦321Million(Photos) / Illegal African Migrant With Weapon Overpowered By Police In Italy. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by Gee64: 8:04am On Feb 20, 2021
Are you fighting a battle?
Use the police for protection.
Kelvin30286063:

Hmm, I'm worried about that too. Custom will start frustrating me now. But which way for this nigeria sef, there is insecurity everywhere yet Nigerians don't have a right to protect themselves!
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by Deffjam: 10:23am On Feb 20, 2021
PatrickOkunima:
Most of us are ignorant. The Nigerian law does not prohibit citizens from possessing fire arms. You can own any weapon that uses cartridge, such as pump action, single and double barrel, with license of course. The kind of weapons the law forbids you from possessing is automatic and semi automatic weapons, like AK47, SIG, FN, etc.
explain further please!
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by 3phase(m): 11:03am On Feb 20, 2021
why don't you get a taser
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:09am On Feb 20, 2021
Gee64:
Are you fighting a battle?
Use the police for protection.
Which police? Is this one serious at all?

1 Like

Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by chukskafor(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
spinna:

It did brother..we thank God for another day and the chilled weather..hope your night went well too.
zTwas great thanks
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by lester12(m): 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2021
showafrica:

This thing will be a good buy ooo, even if custom no gree na to find way smuggle am. At least its not a fire arm, its more like a gate man defence system, you can't go to jail because of this. I will make more research anyways, will be needing one too
I have cross bow and compact bow with arrows for sale

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by lester12(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
lester12:

I have cross bow and compact bow with arrows for sale
Cross bow

Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by Jessepaid(m): 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
SKhanmi:
H.a.m.g.a.d dot com. They sell in nigeria.
which kind play be this one...

Dem no dey sell gun na
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by SKhanmi: 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
Jessepaid:
which kind play be this one...

Dem no dey sell gun na

That was in relation to the Particular item the op wanted which was a crossbow. This is Nigeria, No website will sell guns to you.
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by RuneKingThor: 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
Considering all the security issues and house invasions in Nigeria recently, I have been looking for what I can buy at least for self defense temporarily until either law enforcements arrive or they kill me cheesy.
I'm not one of those people that likes to go down without a fight so I'm working towards some sort of self defense if it happens.
I understand that Nigeria is against possession of any kind of firearm so I'm looking at other options.
Slingshot came to mind so I searched online and came about this crossbow (picture below) but my question is will it be legal to own this in nigeria?
I'm asking for 2 reason, one is importation and custom seizure issue and the second is police arresting me for having a deadly weapon at home.

What do you think guys?
If it's not allowed, what kind of weapon can someone have for self defense?

Note: I'm not an herdsmen and I'm not into any crime but I'm a family man and the safety of my family is solely in my hands. We all know police don't show up if you call to report an ongoing crime so it's better to defend yourself first
Check this out https://hamgad.com/shop/center-point-crossbow/
It's available in nigeria. No customs wahala.
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by martiscore: 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
lester12:

Cross bow
Сool thing
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by dettemanon(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
In Nigeria, there is a ban on firearms possession, so my friends there are stocking up on other supplies in case of emergencies. Many of my friends strengthened doors and bought special frames for windows closed from light and penetration. Some of them bought bows on BowAddicted. You have shown an excellent model of a crossbow. They buy bows that are easier to load, and their bowstring is easy to use. I think this is a good option if an adult, even with documents proving his adequacy, cannot buy a pistol or a rifle.
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 24, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

I thought as much but do you think custom will allow it to enter the country. I'm worried they will seize it and my $400 will go down the drain!

You can also get an electric stun gun. It is cheaper.
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by aadila87x: 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
sad
Re: Is This Type Of Weapon Allowed For Private Owners In Nigeria? by buchilino(m): 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
lester12:

Cross bow

Is the crossbow still available

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Police Arraign Woman Over Alleged ₦‎2.4 Million Fraud / Militancy In Nigeria / How Much Does It Cost To Obtain Court Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.