Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? (845 Views)

Is It Right To Gift A Married Man Perfume? / Am I The Only One That Has This Gift? / See The Parting Gift A Random Guy Left On A Lady's Thighs After Dancing With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Exjoker(m): 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2021
Hi guys,
The said UK woman first send me a friend request on Facebook and chatted me up not long after I accepted her request. She started asking about my profile photo and want to know if I am really the one on the photo. She then started complimenting how handsome and good looking I am on the photo. After she repeatedly emphasize about my good looking, I decided to view her profile photo and photo gallery too. I then told her how good looking she is too (oboy na so the woman wan full my phone memory with plenty of her photos wey she sent them to me). To be honest, the lady on the photo is really hot!!!

After we chatted for some time, she then said that I am a kind person that she really want to know me more. She then started by telling me about herself and the cooperation she work in, qualification and even the school she finished from. "NOTE, I was very honest to her when I told her that I just graduated from the University and and don't have a job yet".

She then inquired if I have an apple laptop or iPhone for us to make video call, which I then decline the video call (for security reasons, though I didn't tell her that) telling her I don't have any apple products but told her I will let her know when I am ready to make video call with her (this is to enable me get to know her better if really she is even a person). She then asked me why I don't have an apple laptop or IPhone, I told her they are expensive here and I can't afford it.

To cut the story short, she promised to buy an apple laptop and Iphone today and send it to me here in Nigeria and even promised to snap and send me photos of the gifts when she buys them.

Honestly, I am very happy, nervous and skeptical at the time. I am happy because I always wanted to own an apple laptop and phone and here is one coming for free. Nervous in the sense that nobody has ever given me any material gifts that expensive. Accepting, the gifts from her may start another phase of my life that I am not sure if I am ready for it.

I am been Skeptical because, it may just be a scammer trying to play me (but I already told the person I don't even have a job). I also doubt if the woman (that is if she even a real person) will send it considering the fact we have not discussed anything relationship. She just want to send the apple products to enable us make the video call.

Please, I need advice on what step to take next and I will like to know if collecting the gift will be a wise choice.
I would like to know if it a scam and someone has experienced it before...

Thank you as you sincerely contribute without any insult or name-calling.

NOTE: She asked for my delivery address this evening but I have not reply her yet.
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Haylel: 10:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2021
One mofo with hairy balls don dey whine op head.

1 Like

Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Exjoker(m): 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
Haylel:
It's 90% synonymous to a popular scam format.
1. You should have made the video call. Perhaps, block your phone's camera and see if she is who she is.

2. If she asks you to pay for any kind of fee with excuses like - shipping fee, delivery, or whatever, then it's a scam.

I would look out for this clues, thank you bro.
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Nazgul: 10:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
I'm 99% sure that the person behind that call is a dark hairy balls Nigerian nigger.

Just keep playing along until he asks you for clearance fee, pick-up fee, shipping fee, or whatever format he might invent just to cajole you to send money to him in order to redeem your gifts, then you can ghost him for good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Exjoker(m): 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
Firstorderwizard:
Hahahaha... Everything was working so fast and it is so good to be true. It is like I am dreaming.
Do you have any advice on how I should play along or I should just call off the process
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by fineboynl(m): 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2021
tell her to send the money and you can buy them here. tell her Nigeria custom are thift and the package might never get to you. tell her to send Western Union instead.

if she declined. it's a red flag.

1 Like

Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by DaddyRochie1642: 10:58pm On Feb 19, 2021
Firstorderwizard:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2021
IF SHE LEGIT SEND THE MONEY AND YOU KNOW YOU CANT DATE HER THEN YOU TELL HER DON'T GO AND PLAY WITH SOMEONE'S DAUGHTER
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
Magazine don pay. Rejoice oh ye brethren.

1 Like

Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Draslo(m): 12:28am On Feb 20, 2021
Wannabe Yahoo boy
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Kobicove(m): 12:41am On Feb 20, 2021
Draslo:
Wannabe Yahoo boy
cheesy
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Dliquidmetal(m): 12:48am On Feb 20, 2021
na 100% scam o,its very obvious but OP why you no easily see the em flags lol
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Nobody: 1:34am On Feb 20, 2021
This one is an old scam format
U for agree to do d video call nau
Worst if u had agreed maybe d person would have said ohh the camera is broken and maybe yu two can do it another time
Na one naija guy u just dey chat with
Be patient grin..the person will soon form a story to collect yur money
Probably he will tell u that he sent some apple products to the address I gave him but unfortunately d products got stuck in another country and If u can send 500 USD the apple products will land on ur door step cheesy.
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Angelacruz: 1:50am On Feb 20, 2021
Play along.If she tells u to pay for anytin,japa
Exjoker:
I would look out for this clues, thank you bro.
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Nobody: 2:07am On Feb 20, 2021
It's fake, the exact same thing happened with my cousin

Pictures to prove purchase will be shown to you and it'll look convincing but it's false

It's a scam, don't fall

1 Like

Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Exjoker(m): 6:53am On Feb 20, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
na 100% scam o,its very obvious but OP why you no easily see the em flags lol
Honestly, I have never heard of this kind of scam before but I have doubted it because it is so good to be true...
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 20, 2021
You would've gotten a better idea had you done the videocall she/he/whoever requested.
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:17am On Feb 20, 2021
Exjoker:
Honestly, I have never heard of this kind of scam before but I have doubted it because it is so good to be true...
lol just be careful out there,if it's too good to be true then it is not true. same way you should be suspicious of friends or girls that seem perfect lol na mostly big calamity them be o.
Re: Advise Mee!! Is This Gift A Trojan Horse, Genuine Or A Scam??? by samwash(m): 9:32am On Feb 20, 2021
Exjoker:

Am surprise you haven't heard of this Internet scam before. This is one of the format Yahoo guys use in cashing out before it got busted, an old format anyway.
Like they said above,just play along, recognise the red flag & come to update how it goes.
Other pple will also learn from this post.
Don't be surprise the person bombing you is also there in NL reading all these comments.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Girl Not For Marriage. / Ladies Which Do You Prefer, A 2min Man That Is Fertile Or An Infertile 30mins Ma / Interesting Video Of Fresh Lésbîâñ Girls Having Good Time In Bedroom Pops Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.