Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

5 Things To Do When Going Through Financial Struggles - Written By Amechi Okoli - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 5 Things To Do When Going Through Financial Struggles - Written By Amechi Okoli (290 Views)

Emmanuel Okoli / The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel / Analysis Of Lonely Days Written By Bayo Adebowale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things To Do When Going Through Financial Struggles - Written By Amechi Okoli by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
5 Things To Do When Going Through Financial Struggles - Written By Amechi Okoli

For low to average income earners, encountering financial trouble is very normal. Some troubles are minor, and may last only a few weeks, while some are more serious and could last much longer.

It’s not an easy situation to be in, but thankfully, there are steps you can take to help you deal with being broke, and eventually breaking free.

Here are 5 things you can do when going through financial struggles.

1. Identify The Cause

There is a reason for everything that happens in life, including bad finances. If you find yourself lagging behind on cash, the first thing you need to do is ask yourself why?

Do you lose too much of your money to gambling, do you blast all your cash on alcohol and whores, are there family members that are demanding too much from you, are you even gainfully employed at all?

Asking yourself the relevant questions pertaining to your financial backwardness will give you the answers you need, and propel you to take the next step.

2. Remind Yourself That It’s Only Temporary

Now that you know why you’re broke, you need to remind yourself that it’s only temporary, and that you can’t remain in that situation forever.

This reminder is very important, because it will give you the strength and hope you need to fight your way out of it.

If you simply acknowledge that you’re broke, and are destined to remain that way forever, then you would never have the morale to lift a finger in an effort to get out of poverty.

3. Do Something About It

The next step for you would be to take responsibility for effecting the change you want!

If you just sit back and hope for the best, then very little will happen.

If it’s your habits that are hurting your finances, then cut them off. If it’s because you are lazy, then you’ve got to work harder and smarter. If you don’t have a job and can’t seem to find one, then you have to create one for yourself!

The job-creation part may sound hard, but it isn’t. You just need to find what you’re good at, and turn it into a business. Learning a new skill will help you too!

I graduated from the University Of Port-Harcourt, but I’ve never worked a corporate job. I write, I produce podcasts, as well as other audio content. And I do all these independently.

I’ve not “hammered” my millions yet, but I’m surely on the way there. Somebody say Amen!

4. Ask For Help

Closed mouths don’t get fed. Keep that in mind when you’re contemplating if you should ask for help or not.

Out of pride or fear of rejection, you may decide not to voice out to your friends or family that things are rough. While I understand where you’re coming from, I still believe it’s best you take your chances.

After all, if you don’t shoot, you don’t score!

There’s no shame in asking a loved one for help. If they don’t grant your request, then move on. It doesn’t make you less of a human being.

The good thing about having your pleas turned down is that, when you finally make it, you’ll have less people to owe for your success!

5. Remain Focused On The Goal

It is easy to lose focus when you’re caught in the whirlwind of life. As you take the above-mentioned steps to become financially stable, make sure you keep your eyes on the prize, and don’t get carried away by irrelevant stuff.

If things start moving little by little, don’t go back to the things that ran you down in the first place. At least not until you can truly afford them.

Conclusion

I’m not perfect, neither am I an expert on financial freedom. I just thought I’d share my thoughts on the matter. Hopefully it would help someone out there.

If you’ve got other tips that would be helpful to those struggling financially, kindly share via the comment section.

Good luck to us all!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Caught In The Pot. The Author Interview / List Of Best Reality Stories You Can Read Now / Till New Year: Home Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.