Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen (34293 Views)

Photos Of Sunday Igboho After His Release From Prison / DSS Launches Manhunt For Sunday Igboho After Recovering Arms From Him / Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
ChoCho54:
That one pain me ehn...

Imagine that!

if one is not safe in his rural dwelling, isn't that death itself?

Buharis government empowered and emboldened these guys. We have been hearing rumors about how they were imported before the election in 2015, ready to cause mayhem if things went South, there's no smoke without fire.
Yoruba's body language invited them to the south. Herdsmen are more careful in other part of the south.
Only God will help us. I don't see any other solution except sharing this country.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by kayjay69(m): 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
History has proven that if and when people are confronted with an existential threat and manage to survive, they are usually stronger.

The problem is my people are not resolute as has been proven by these recent attacks from these

I believe beyond these recent events, the resolve of the Yoruba will be strengthened and we will he stronger. When I say Yoruba, I do not refer to politicians nor persons who have sold out themselves a long time ago, I refer to the average Yoruba man in Southwest Nigeria.
SpecialAdviser:
Many atrocities have been committed by these herdsmen and seems under reported.

Imagine raping women as old as 70 years with impunity. Killing and maiming people at will.

But on a more serious note, Yorubas really need to learn to be resolute in dealing with this kind of treath. Everything cannot just be politics.

I cant imagine someone raping my mother or someone close to me. And knowing fully well their location. My brother, I will go all out to avenge her death. Except am not aware of their location. I will just use 6 months to plan my revenge. I strongly doubt if Fulanis can consistently perpetrate these attrocities any where in South East. Not at all. Jokes apart

2 Likes

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by calcal: 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
Thanks to the relentless efforts of the white people to creating information technology, with the smartphone anyone is a journalist and is free also to post it on youtube, even you be paid for doing so.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by Nasir123(m): 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
justosee:
Do you know that in all of this, no Yoruba person must do havoc to any herdsman? Should a Yoruba kill a Fulani or Bororo herder, that community which produced the Yoruba killer would be destroyed by the herdsmen. Yet we are referred to as the owners of the land. Do we own the land?

You can just imagine!
And we have people whom we call Yoruba leaders o!

What a Pity

1 Like

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by oursnail(m): 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2021
Nobody knows the ruling strategy of GSM of Oyo State.He trust trouble makers that he will use to campaign second term for him. Only person that know and can talk to GSM of Oyo State his is Friend OSOKOMOLE.1. Ayodele Even Fayose Still give GSM another title BABY GOVERNOR.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2021
kayjay69:
History has proven that if and when people are confronted with an existential threat and manage to survive, they are usually stronger.

The problem is my people are not resolute as has been proven by these recent attacks from these

I believe beyond these recent events, the resolve of the Yoruba will be strengthened and we will he stronger. When I say Yoruba, I do not refer to politicians nor persons who have sold out themselves a long time ago, I refer to the average Yoruba man in Southwest Nigeria.

You are right. Again I believe Yorubas should not be swayed easily by having same religious belief like the north. Talking about Islam. An average Yoruba Muslim is very peaceful in his ways. Cannot be compared to their northern counterpart.

Your heritage first before religion. That does not mean they should discard Islam but to make it clear there will be boundaries.

The north is aggressively violence. Politicians are also not doing good to Yoruba race.

1 Like

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by Jostoman: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2021
tit:
So governor Makinde is a osu
Seyi makinde is a real nigga, he play his game maturely to escape the trap those greedy politicians set for him.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by wink2015(m): 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
OBASANJO brought all these pains the Yoruba nation is going through.

Right from 1979 when he was handing over he had all the opportunity as a military general to restructure Nigeria.

But he was carried away by the feelings of that period which was quiet a deception.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by Sunnyja: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
UncommonLogic:
So just because the man made a claim then means is true? I don tire for these so called youths of Nigeria. With brains like these, I think it's better to allow the old ones to keep ruling. These youths lack simple logic and common sense.
You will expect youths in the 21 century to be demanding and asking for investigation and evidence of the perpetrators instead of just jumping on a bandwagon. Only a fool will believe that all kidnapping and killings are now all of a sudden done by Fulanis. All the other criminals in other tribes just retired for the Fulanis? These are the products of poor educational system. Simple logic is not taught in school, na to just cram and pass exams.
They removed the governor's story from the front page simply because it does not jive with the narrative that they want the gullible to imbibe.
So these are the so called leaders of tomorrow? What a joke.
The joke is on you who does not know that the man said in the 40s' the Fulanis were very peaceful and accommodating until a particular set of Fulanis who deliberately destroy farm lands emerged.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by HIPROFILE(m): 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
When Nnamdi Kanu was warning and saying all this things happening now you the YORUBA people called him names just because it was only affecting the igbos then now it has come to you guys and you are crying up and down like helpless goats.

I have realized over time that regards issues concerning the future of this country Igbos sees the future more. They would warn, talk and react but because you all Yoruba race is politically blinded and have this portion of hate for Igbos you would never take their advice and warnings serious

Now see how visitors are gradually taking over your lands the worst part is that your so called National Jagaban can not utter a word while his people are being raped murdered and kidnapped on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by ThatFairGuy: 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2021
Slimanyd2:
Chai . See grown illiterates displaying there foolishness . All they wish for is war war war and war and when the time is cut up ,They start blaming the government for not been able to secure there lives .

One of the culprits has been arrested already and he has confessed to the crime and he even went ahead to say those involved in the killings are all Yorubas ,What else do you wanna hear again. Eyin omo irankiran gbogbo. As una love war ,may war never cease from your household and families.

Leave Oyo state for us . Abegi.

All of a sudden, everybody became saints and every crime committed is blamed on Fulanis as if there were no kidnappers, bandits, assassins, and other criminals in this land before.

Unfortunately, when you speak truth, the bad people who are bent to create mischief on our land will insult you just because you did not go in line with them. See how these warmongers are lambasting the governor for saying the truth.

Woe unto liars who are bent on causing fitnah on our land, woe unto them, woe unto them.
Weere wa l'eje e

2 Likes

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by ThatFairGuy: 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2021
an0daGuy:
Too bad sad

Baba should join his kinsmen and flee to Cotonou IDP camp before they come to finish you off too.

Your people have already been running there but there’s still space for more of you. Don’t worry, very soon the rest of your family will follow.

The herdsmen will keep your farms, houses and property safe till you return.

Modified:

Na wah oh undecided why abusing me? I only advised the baba to run away naw. After all isn’t it what his people are very good at? Or you want him to go and fight the herdsmen back? Go to cry at politicians feet? Isn’t it better he runs now and fast so he secures good bedding space in the readymade IDP camp in republic of Benin?

You pipo ehn... too scared and emotional grin
Animal in Human skin
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by UncommonLogic: 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
Sunnyja:
The joke is on you who does not know that the man said in the 40s' the Fulanis were very peaceful and accommodating until a particular set of Fulanis who deliberately destroy farm lands emerged.

So just because the man said that there are now a new set of Fulanis who have criminal tendencies, is that enough prove/evidence that his son was killed by one of them? If the man had said the killer is someone from your tribe, you will be one of the ones asking for evidence but because he accused a Fulani we should accept it as facts even though no corroborating evidence to support such conclusion just an assumption?

See the illogical thinking of the same set of youths who are crying everyday about how their leaders are not visionary and imaginative enough yet they are also stuck in the thinking of someone in the stone age.
The joke is not only on you but on people who reason like you.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by 143WaZoBia: 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2021
Slimanyd2:
Chai . See grown illiterates displaying there foolishness . All they wish for is war war war and war and when the time is cut up ,They start blaming the government for not been able to secure there lives .

One of the culprits has been arrested already and he has confessed to the crime and he even went ahead to say those involved in the killings are all Yorubas ,What else do you wanna hear again. Eyin omo irankiran gbogbo. As una love war ,may war never cease from your household and families.

All of a sudden, everybody became saints and every crime committed is blamed on Fulanis as if there were no kidnappers, bandits, assassins, and other criminals in this land before.

Unfortunately, when you speak truth, the bad people who are bent to create mischief on our land will insult you just because you did not go in line with them. See how these warmongers are lambasting the governor for saying the truth.

Woe unto liars who are bent on causing fitnah on our land, woe unto them, woe unto them.
That’s not even the problem. Only one reaction in this same Oyo these same set of people started trending stop killing Northerners. Like what the suck?
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Many atrocities have been committed by these herdsmen and seems under reported.

Imagine raping women as old as 70 years with impunity. Killing and maiming people at will.

But on a more serious note, Yorubas really need to learn to be resolute in dealing with this kind of treath. Everything cannot just be politics.

I cant imagine someone raping my mother or someone close to me. And knowing fully well their location. My brother, I will go all out to avenge her death. Except am not aware of their location. I will just use 6 months to plan my revenge. I strongly doubt if Fulanis can consistently perpetrate these attrocities any where in South East. Not at all. Jokes apart

Makinde is diverting attention from the Fulanis to prevent further crisis in Oyo State. The Police can also submit investigation report of the crisis and exonerate the Fulanis to reduce tension. AMOTEKUN, Vigilante and the people know the killer.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by Difrent: 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
Slimanyd2:

Don't mind them , they only want to hear about crisis and violence and spread fake news to suit their fake narratives...all of a sudden every criminal is a fulanis man. with all the hardened southern criminals most crimes down south is perpetrated by southerners but blamed on the fulanis , woe unto them

1 Like

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by maste: 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
The yorubas choose leaders who don't care about them. Leaders who would rather appease their enemies than rally their people for self defence and development. Their leaders think that power will be given to them by outsiders. What a shame. Till today the ruler of Ilorin is an Emir, a fulani thanks to Afonja. Even the youths are ready to die for these wolves in sheep's clothing. What a shame.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by bigfish3k: 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2021
UncommonLogic:

So just because the man said that there are now a new set of Fulanis who have criminal tendencies, is that enough prove/evidence that his son was killed by one of them? If the man had said the killer is someone from your tribe, you will be one of the ones asking for evidence but because he accused a Fulani we should accept it as facts even though no corroborating evidence to support such conclusion just an assumption?

See the illogical thinking of the same set of youths who are crying everyday about how their leaders are not visionary and imaginative enough yet they are also stuck in the thinking of someone in the stone age.
The joke is not only on you but on people who reason like you.
So you can't join the dots from the interview to reach a conclusion.

Better ask for a refund of your school fees

1 Like

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by UncommonLogic: 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2021
bigfish3k:

So you can't join the dots from the interview to reach a conclusion.

Better ask for a refund of your school fees

Joining the dots simply tells me that you will believe anything as long as it fits the narrative that you want to hear no matter how dumb it sounds.
You need to find a real school where they teach logic and common sense and enroll. You must have attended one of those pay as you go fake universities in Nigeria where you pay your lecturers or buy questions just to pass.

Smh for Nigeria.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by NaMeAboki: 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2021
What would you expect from ppl who speak from two sides of their mouths; he told gov Makinde one thing (the murder was political and the killers were Yoruba) and now he is saying an entirely different thing - it is increasing apparent that almost any crime committed in the south is by Fulani. SMH
https://www.nairaland.com/6424972/herdsmen-not-responsible-aborodes-killing
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by Funkeshuga(m): 11:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
an0daGuy:
Too bad sad

Baba should join his kinsmen and flee to Cotonou IDP camp before they come to finish you off too.

Your people have already been running there but there’s still space for more of you. Don’t worry, very soon the rest of your family will follow.

The herdsmen will keep your farms, houses and property safe till you return.

Modified:

Na wah oh undecided why abusing me? I only advised the baba to run away naw. After all isn’t it what his people are very good at? Or you want him to go and fight the herdsmen back? Go to cry at politicians feet? Isn’t it better he runs now and fast so he secures good bedding space in the readymade IDP camp in republic of Benin?

You pipo ehn... too scared and emotional grin

abusive, funny but sadly is true

Yoruba are playing politics at the detriment of their peace, by the time it will be game over, everybody eyes go open
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by bigfish3k: 11:31pm On Feb 20, 2021
UncommonLogic:

Joining the dots simply tells me that you will believe anything as long as it fits the narrative that you want to hear no matter how dumb it sounds.
You need to find a real school where they teach logic and common sense and enroll. You must have attended one of those pay as you go fake universities in Nigeria where you pay your lecturers or buy questions just to pass.

Smh for Nigeria.
Joining the dots will give you the shape of the answer which means that its the herdsmen that killed him.

How can you say he died because he is a politician without giving us any clue on why he was killed and by who.

We have evidences of how these herdsman have been behaving, killing, raping and maiming people.

Please also tell me that those running to Benin Republic for safety are politicians. Mtchew.

You people should just try and fear God.
Stay away from evil and lies.

For your information I schooled both in the east and more in the west except you are saying that western tertiary institutions are now mushroom schools

1 Like

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by an0daGuy: 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2021
Funkeshuga:

abusive, funny but sadly is true

Yoruba are playing politics at the detriment of their peace, by the time it will be game over, everybody eyes go open

Our eyes have always been open, it’s just left for the afonjas eyes to be open and washed anew grin

That time is fast approaching
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by UncommonLogic: 12:08am On Feb 21, 2021
bigfish3k:

Joining the dots will give you the shape of the answer which means that it the herdsmen that killed him.

How can you say he died because he is a politician without giving us any clue on why he was killed and by who.

We have evidences of how these herdsman have been behaving, killing, raping and maiming people.

Please also tell me that those running to Benin Republic for safety are politicians. Mtchew.

You people should just try and fear God.
Stay away from evil and lies.

For your information I schooled both in the east and more in the west except you are saying that western tertiary institutions are now mushroom schools

If you schooled in the west then you will know that even if 98 percent of killings in a city like Chicago is normally done by African Americans, it is still not a reason to automatically assume that anyone killed in the city must have been done by an African American.
You still have to have evidence. The fact that all attention has been focused on Fulanis will also allow some to kill and simply blame it on Fulanis.
I'm sure a lot of that is going on. Is possible that he was killed by Fulanis, but there is no proof of that. It's all based in assumptions and rumors.
If they had blamed someone from your tribe, that's when all of a sudden you will using your logical faculty by asking a legitimate question of - where is the evidence.
Even if Fulanis are the major culprits in crimes on the area, that still does not mean that the man cannot be killed by someone else.

A lot of people right now just want to believe that Fulanis are the only ones capable of killing because it fits the narrative that they have already been told over and over again. But simple logic tells you that's not possible, before this Fulani hoopla, there have been killings over all sorts of things in Nigeria just like in any other society over material wealth, over women, over political power, over anything you can think of.
Are you now telling me that all of that just stopped overnight and only the Fulanis are now roaming the whole of Nigeria doing all these killings.

I'm sure there are killer Fulani herdsmen just as you have them in other tribes too but to automatically assume that anyone killed is by them especially when no proof exist is a joke.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by Trezagezz: 1:28am On Feb 21, 2021
[s][/s] ki
Slimanyd2:

[s][/

can you please shut up...
lost sheep

1 Like

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by bigfish3k: 6:51am On Feb 21, 2021
UncommonLogic:

If you schooled in the west then you will know that even if 98 percent of killings in a city like Chicago is normally done by African Americans, it is still not a reason to automatically assume that anyone killed in the city must have been done by an African American.
You still have to have evidence. The fact that all attention has been focused on Fulanis will also allow some to kill and simply blame it on Fulanis.
I'm sure a lot of that is going on. Is possible that he was killed by Fulanis, but there is no proof of that. It's all based in assumptions and rumors.
If they had blamed someone from your tribe, that's when all of a sudden you will using your logical faculty by asking a legitimate question of - where is the evidence.
Even if Fulanis are the major culprits in crimes on the area, that still does not mean that the man cannot be killed by someone else.

A lot of people right now just want to believe that Fulanis are the only ones capable of killing because it fits the narrative that they have already been told over and over again. But simple logic tells you that's not possible, before this Fulani hoopla, there have been killings over all sorts of things in Nigeria just like in any other society over material wealth, over women, over political power, over anything you can think of.
Are you now telling me that all of that just stopped overnight and only the Fulanis are now roaming the whole of Nigeria doing all these killings.

I'm sure there are killer Fulani herdsmen just as you have them in other tribes too but to automatically assume that anyone killed is by them especially when no proof exist is a joke.

the dots that I meant are:
He is a farmer
His crops were eaten
He reported
And later got killed

This is the same trend with fulanis elsewhere in benue, plateau, kaduna etc

Politicians hardly kill each other when it's not election year.
Nobody has told us the political position he is vying for that could get him killed
No evidence that he had rift with anybody or any politician (at least his family will know). At least we know Bola iges cap was removed by somebody before his murder. That is what we call a lead

All evidences and dots points to the fulani herdsmen given their antecedents.

I still consider it nonsensical to start pointing at an imaginary political foe when there is no one stint of lead to that, but there is enough lead to point to the fulani herdsmen and yet we still choose to divert attention. It's annoying.

In a home if you have the habit of stealing your parents money. Anytime Money gets missen, it is natural to point to you until you prove otherwise.
When a known generator thief passes your back yard and your generator gets missen.
Who do you think will be your first suspect.
Fulanis have this age long antecedent of killing their hosts right from Gobir in Sokoto to present day ilorin

Moreso, the non prosecution of fulanis caught has increased their zeal to perpetuate more crime. So you can't blame anybody accusing them especially when they are around you. Their governors have given them immunity to carry Ak-47 against you. But you are not allowed to carry same

Don't blame anybody accusing them, you should rather blame the president who has been giving them protection. Ask TY Danjuma.
We should rather blame them so as to put pressure on the government to right the wrongs in the land.

Please stop supporting them because of religion
Its humanity first

2 Likes

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by shadeyinka(m): 7:44am On Feb 21, 2021
Sakamaje:
Below is a recent interview granted by the father of the late Fatai Aborode, where he blamed herdsmen for his son's murder. Why is Makinde now telling a different story?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/what-i-told-sunday-igboho-after-my-son-was-murdered-by-herdsmen-aborode-father-to-slain-igangan-politician/amp/
Makinde said your son's death was politically motivated.
How did he know that against the knowledge on ground

1 Like

Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by Aderr: 8:44am On Feb 21, 2021
NaMeAboki:
What would you expect from ppl who speak from two sides of their mouths; he told gov Makinde one thing (the murder was political and the killers were Yoruba) and now he is saying an entirely different thing - it is increasing apparent that almost any crime committed in the south is by Fulani. SMH
https://www.nairaland.com/6424972/herdsmen-not-responsible-aborodes-killing
And it never occurred to you that the governor could also be lying?
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by Kay17: 9:50am On Feb 21, 2021
zinizta:

Omo Iran Kiran you say

I am inclined to believe we Yorubas are cowards truly

You and your Iran ki ran enjoy the blade of the Fulani criminals.

Small time dem go blame Igbos .

Yorubas ...Fela don talk am...my people too dey fear... You defend your fatherland, you die, you run like a coward, you still die

No logic.. no sense...
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by hero2000: 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
Where did Aborode's father say herdsmen killed his son? He didn't say so, at least in this interview.

We should be careful of misleading headlines on Nairaland.

Killing Aborode is nothing beyond the Fulani but his father didn't say so.
Re: Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen by NaMeAboki: 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2021
Aderr:
And it never occurred to you that the governor could also be lying?

Likewise, it never occurred to you that the old man was simply playing to the gallery and lying; especially as he was unable to point to any evidence towards the identity of the killers. On the other hand Gov. Makinde seemed to have more credible sources of information to adduce his claim: starting from the old man himself (who he claimed had confided in him), then witnesses who must have witnessed the murder and subsequently identified the killers as fluent Yoruba speakers; and finally the okada man who conveyed the deceased to the scene of the crime.

Perhaps it is possible that you may have more concrete evidence contrary to the governor's and reason as to why he was lying on serious matter such as this - if that is truth, pls let us hear it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Wears Isiagu (Igbo Attire) In Ebonyi / Okorocha Beats Deadline, Attends APC Presidential Screening / View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.