Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help (45860 Views)

My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. / Help!, How Do I Start Home Vegetable Garden? / How To Keep Squirrel Off Vegetable Garden.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by Onyenna(m): 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2021
Dayyuuumm
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by PureMe01: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
Pple like me run enter thinking "Fulani herdsmen have done it again"

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by iamJ(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
That soil get as e be cheesy
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by AmigoDeDon(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
Following
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by janedonez(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
Baddoo
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by gozzlin: 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
Under attack by Fulani mafia. undecided undecided
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
Fulani herdsmen
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by Shellsploit: 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
Lightorder:
bro, I think there is a lot of sense in that crop rotation the guy suggested

My niggar!

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
Irrigation on the day before a predicted frost provides additional moisture in the soil to increase the amount of heat given off as infrared rays. This extra heat protects the plants from frost injury. A continuous supply of water provided by sprinkler irrigation may also protect plants from frost
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by olaolaking: 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
Attit:

I guess this is pepper. Habanero? If not which plant is it?
Do you notice some yellow spots on the leaves?.maybe they are just beginning to show yellow spots and then dark spots around it or at the center of the yellow spots? Describe it very well.....dont just talk about the wilt. Get a closer view picture of the plants.
Is it the only plant you have in your garden?
What is the name of the variety you cultivated? If you have the picture of the pack, send it here.
Or did you just pick seeds from the market or from bins? Lol.

I always appreciate people with gardens. But doing it well is what they dont know. And they dont want to spend. Just one time cost..spend well and make your garden highly productive.
One would think you know much about this. You lack in knowledge of this business. You can't even recognize the plant. Are you an expert in the field? Because you ask many questions that are far from what the problem might be

2 Likes

Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
I am still looking for the vegetable garden. shocked
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by Shellsploit: 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
olaolaking:
One would think you know much about this. You lack in knowledge of this business. You can't even recognize the plant. Are you an expert in the field? Because you ask many questions that are far from what the problem might be
Bro be calming down grin
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by JOACHINpedro: 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2021
Someone said antibiotics shocked
Another one said too much water (in dry season angry)
Quack farmers everywhere grin

Op
-The irrigation is good, the veggies will bounce back.
-Just be mindful of water medium you use for the irrigation,
-Also add compost to hasten the growth(i.e if you've used the land severally without practicing crop rotation.
-For the birds, make a scarecrow to scare them off.
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by janedonez(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2021
Baddo
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by Draslo(m): 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2021
JOACHINpedro:
Someone said antibiotics grin
Quack farmers everywhere grin cheesy
As in ehn, laugh wan murder me

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by janedonez(m): 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2021
Baddoo
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by harmony75: 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
it looks like ugu plants � welldone your efforts will not be in vain!
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by olaolaking: 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
churchkilo:
I had this small vegetable garden behind my house that was destroyed by birds last year December. so early this year, i decided to set it up again but i discovered that the vegetable is not doing well due to disease that i have no idea of how to handle. please fellow Nairaland farmers what is the name of this disease and what can i use to treat it
The soil lacks some necessary nutrients
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by oluwasegun007(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
Hope no be herdsmen
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by olaolaking: 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
Shellsploit:
Bro be calming down grin
ok
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by NaijaCover(m): 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
Come down to Onitsha and plant it and thank me later
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by Gabbriell: 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2021
churchkilo:
I had this small vegetable garden behind my house that was destroyed by birds last year December. so early this year, i decided to set it up again but i discovered that the vegetable is not doing well due to disease that i have no idea of how to handle. please fellow Nairaland farmers what is the name of this disease and what can i use to treat it

It is a parasitic infestation. It happens because the whole evironment is dry. Pest generally look for cool place to dwell...lucky for them you have setup a perfect environment for them.

There is a chemical use to spray them....I don't know the name. Ask the farmers around there...it is something you mix with water and spray on the plot.

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by JOACHINpedro: 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
Draslo:

As in ehn, laugh wan murder me

The shock came to me in full force cheesy
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by Funlag: 3:53pm On Feb 21, 2021
Ur plant is under attack by nematodes.i will advice u take the soil for sampling

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by redsun(m): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
Irrigation on the day before a predicted frost provides additional moisture in the soil to increase the amount of heat given off as infrared rays. This extra heat protects the plants from frost injury. A continuous supply of water provided by sprinkler irrigation may also protect plants from frost

It looks like the ground is waterlogged to me. He may be overwatering it and that could be drowning the plants instead of exercising them.
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by floss(m): 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2021
churchkilo:
That soil is sick and needs to be treated, most times it might not be a disease, this normally happens when there is a change in weather conditions,you need to know the soil's ph.... increase in the acidic or alkaline contents in the soil changes the entire soil composition and thus results in retarded and stunted growth of crops....if you have a ph scale or have access to an expert he will be there on ground to feel it's molecular structure and rate of permeability...soil science is technical and requires close monitoring...an acidic soil reacts with excess water, and the level of nitrogen in the soil is limited also... strong soil alkalinity is equally not encouraging for crops, it has its effects...
From the picture I have seen about your garden, you need to know the ph level of the soil.

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by Zdoh(m): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2021
churchkilo:
There are parasites eating your vegetables and they wouldn’t stop. Try and fumigate the area and environment and wet the vegetables regular. There is a particular fumigating chemical that will not spoil or destroy your vegetables but kill only the parasite once the perceive it.
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by smile11s(m): 3:58pm On Feb 21, 2021
Have you done any lab tests to determine the disease? We cannot just prescribe a solution without knowing what disease they are suffering from.
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by Borosilicate(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2021
Do not use much water on it but make sure d manure is a natural type .....like poultry droppings
Re: My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help by mukthar2000(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2021
Thank ur God that is not destroyed by Fulani cows Nigeria LTD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / 100 Acres for sale at Alabata , Abeokuta , Ogun State N250k /Acres / See The Massive Cassava I Produce From The Backyard!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.