Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,298 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. (3389 Views)

Is It Possible For The Vagina Not To Have Any Odour? / All You Need To Know About Using Maggots In Healing Wounds (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Lady Vomits Maggots From Her Stomach, Thanks God For Healing (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. by Johnholmes: 6:31am On Feb 21, 2021
In this part of the world ,a lot of things are attributed to supernatural causes and superstition because we don't understand them.

Can maggots actually be found in the vagina ?
the answer is yes .

is it caused by supernatural causes/ voodoo/juju??
the answer is NO......

actually it is a type of condition called uro-genital myasis.

so what is myasis??

myasis is a RARE medical condition in which there is infestation of any part of the human body by fly larva.( ie flies lay eggs in a part of the body and the maggots hatch from the eggs and start living in that area) shocked

areas of the body that can be affected include the skin ,mouth, nose, anus,vagina, urethra or open wounds, festering wound.

myasis can be classified in 2 ways

1. based on the area of the body of the human host affected(I've mentioned the parts that can be affected above)

2. based on the biological relationship between the parasite and the host.

In order to understand this second form of classification,.....,ask yourself ,where do flies normally lay their eggs??

I guess your answer is shit and shitty areas (dirty areas).but sometimes accidental laying of their eggs in humans can occur if that area looks shitty...... grin

a. Obligatory myasis: this occurs in areas where the fly that is known to cause myasis is endemic in that area and requires a part of their lifecycle to be completed in a human or animal host.

b. Facultative / accidental myasis: this occurs when a fly mistakens a part of your body as a shitty area to lay its damn eggs or for some other reasons ,the stupid fly just lays it's eggs in you.

HOW CAN YOU PREVENT MAGGOTS FROM COLONIZING YOUR VAGINA or any other body part

- Proper hygiene

- keep your privates clean so it doesn't attract flies

- promptly treat any smelly vaginal infections ( cause infections get smelly and can attract flies)YUCK!!! undecided

- cover open wounds.

- avoid sleeping naked outside ( or even in your house if u have a lot of flies)

- don't wear a dirty pant cause you don't know if flies have perched on them and laid their eggs.

- iron your undies and other clothes after washing to destroy any eggs already laid by flies .

- if you can't iron them before wearing ,make sure your clothes and undies dry properly and shake them well before wearing them.

** run for your life when you see a fly.....I'm just joking ooo. cheesy

Treatment

1. see a doctor

2.if it's an exposed area that has the maggots,you can apply Vaseline on the area. This will suffocate the maggots and they will die. But still go to a doctor.

3. if it's inside the vagina ,just go and see a doctor.

So there you have it folks ..... juju or Yahoo boys don't cause maggots in the vagina.i hope you've been educated.
THIS CONDITION IS VERY RARE SO DON'T GO FREAKING OUT!!!!!

Thank you very much.

Re: Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:40am On Feb 21, 2021
Strange sickness and pain are still occuring today. Find ur way to living Faith church cananland OTA.time is 11:45am service. Bring ur annointing oil and family/friends. Papa Oyedepo will be annointing and praying for all sick in that service and it shall turn to u for a testimony. Congratulations cool
Re: Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. by habsydiamond(m): 7:46am On Feb 21, 2021
So, u are saying that there is a rare disease that causes maggot to invade the vagina.. Na to dey carry microscope go everywhere nao...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. by SeniorGee(m): 8:09am On Feb 21, 2021
Na WA ooo
Wetin detective Fash no go see for toll gate? How will fly com and lay egg in someone's LGA without the pesin knowing? And how horrible can it be to attract the flies in the first place
Re: Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. by Twelfthman: 8:20am On Feb 21, 2021
This is no joke...
I weak
Re: Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 21, 2021
Nice one.

That is the difference between science and superstition. Science will give well detailed and coherent cause while superstition imposes fear and doubts

That is why Africa is still were it is despite Egypt being the cradle of civilization.

1 Like

Re: Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. by JOACHINpedro: 10:40am On Feb 21, 2021
shocked
Meanwhile, Guys that still give head, I greet una o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. by Taywon: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2021
Omo!!.... Tinx dey
Re: Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. by mrbillz(m): 5:14pm On May 27, 2021
Bro, Good afternoon. Can i text you please?

I need to ask you some things. Preferably will like to have your number or email
Re: Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. by Johnholmes: 7:29am On May 28, 2021
Johnholmesav@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For November 6 2021 In Nigeria / Best Hospitals To Give Birth In Lagos. / Cancer Vs Ebola – The Most Deadly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.