Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President (31568 Views)

Fayose Says He Will Only Support A Southern President In 2023 / Shehu Sani Dares Northern Politicians To Paste Tinubu's Poster In Their Houses / 2023: We Insist On Southern President, Not Yoruba President –afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Dangrace01: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

When was the last time Tinubu held political office?

Are you comparing tinubu or ogbonna onu?
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Firefoxx1: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2021
Lol... Who do these online Northern miscreants want to threaten with Presidency? Abeg go to hell with what ever vote you're are banking on to make life uncomfortable for everyone.

See, know this if you don't know it yet: Southwest will continue to be Southwest, with or without Presidency. And North will continue to be North with or without Presidency. Banditry... Terrorism... Kidnapping... Religious Extremism..
This people don't know yet that their problems are hydraheaded Pythons that have very little Political answer. Cling unto the Presidency ad infinito, it wouldn't still change anything in your region.

If supporting me for the Presidency means me keeping quiet to your exceses, better keep the Presidency. Everybody eyes don open if una no know....

Rubbish and ingredients...

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Jonah507(m): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2021
So that they can blame them for being unable to end Boko Haram!
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Greenback: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:
It is not even negotiable to be honest. Power must return to the south
EAST in 2023 and it must remain there for 8 years. Any serious political party thinking of fielding another Fulani man in 2023 will simply be moving against the tide.

Yes
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by ngadaAwo: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2021
you see this issue of Southern president?

I'll rather support Buhari for a life president (I hate him so much)
than support any SW candidates
Tinubu's urchins think say na only them sabi bitter bigotry politics
we shall see!

come 2023 if Apc mistake give SW ticket that'll be their downfall.
I'm sure the North will never support a SW candidate to a Northerner on ballot
PDP will go for a Northerner and North and SE/SS will vote for Pdp northern candidate.
even Buhari will support any northern candidate.

if Buhari can support Obaseki just to spite Tinubu
then you should know it's possible

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Modarun(m): 10:49am On Feb 21, 2021
Confirmedzombie:
We will never allow anyone from south East to rule Nigeria.

There hate and hypocrisy is too much. They cant sit down and expect the presidency to be given to them.

South East are too divided and not united. They don't know how to play politics.

South East play politics of sentiment ethnicity, religion.

Any attempt by APC to zone their presidential ticket to South, East, we will resist it.

They can't reap where they didnt sow.

I hate nonsense
where did the Yoruba sowed for them to produce the president in 1999? Pls you guys should be specific in your demand, say you want power to the South west alone, stop name dropping the entire South. It is very clear to all to see that it is the Yorubas that oppose s the South South and East more than even the North. It's also clear the reason you voted Buhari was out of jealousy, not the excuse of corruption and insecurities yall claimee.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by skywalker240(m): 10:49am On Feb 21, 2021
Oshigun:

For sure power must return to the South in 2023 otherwise the fallout from power remaining in the North will be too devastating for Nigeria and Northerners in particular.

The main point I will add is that the North must not be involved in the emergence of this Southrner be it Yoruba, Igbo or SS.

The North should support a level playing field and back off. The South must not accept a Southern stooge like Jonathan, Fayemi, Kalu, Umahi etal because once we do that then critical and badly needed reforms like State policing, restructuring and greater autonomy for States and tiers of governance will be automatically off the table for 8 years after 2023 and potentially 16 years assuming the North then gains power in 2031.
this one you mentioned stooge but purposely secluded the names of two notorious stooge namely the drug cartel baron and EL Messenger boy grin , I Hope these two are not the right hands you're talking about?
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by aalangel(f): 10:50am On Feb 21, 2021
All liars!!!
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Omoslim26: 10:51am On Feb 21, 2021
yinkus6750:
That's absolutely non negotiable.
Written or unwritten, after eight years of PMB, power must shift to the south. Anybody thinking in the contrary needs his brain examined

It's not about power shifting to the South it's rather where in the South should power shift to
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Greenback: 10:51am On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:

The north is playing a game and it is left for the south to analyze the situation and turn it to her own advantage. With unity, the south can beat the north in their own game.

There is nothing wrong in Tinubu, Jonathan, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Umahi, Fayemi etc contesting for the ticket of APC. If Jonathan wins based on backing from northern hawks, I expect all other southern leaders to rally behind him and hijack him the same way northerners hijacked Buhari when he became president.

Once he’s sworn in as president, he should build a United southern coalition to ditch whatever agreement he had with the north and handover to another southern president. The north cannot make any meaningful argument for the presidency in 2027 so he will be justified. That way, we can even have a southern president for 12 years. The north will only end up playing itself.

Finally thinking straight but must you say this in public
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Shattuck(m): 10:52am On Feb 21, 2021
Arewa1stSon:
yes power might return back to the south... But not west!!

The north central is even closer to the power than the south west!!
please all this south west, South East, North East etc argument I think at this point Nigeria just needs good leadership, the youth need to wise up this fools are all the same, they only care about their greed, we made a mistake with Jonathan, Buhari obviously we are about to make the same mistake again come 2023.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by uniquelyspecial(m): 10:53am On Feb 21, 2021
35824L:
Power is returning to the South in 2023. Everybody knows that except those from the gully erosion ravaged region who are still atikulating because they hope that their Biafra ambassador to China will be VP.
In your mind now, you've made sense like this abi?
continue...
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Omoslim26: 10:56am On Feb 21, 2021
Greenback:

Finally thinking straight but must you say this in public

Baba I am a realist and reality is any South coalition dat does not support we the Igbos in Producing the presidency and mb vp first

is all hypocrisy and ojoro
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Rubbiish(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2021
Oshigun:

You must always look at a man's character and not give him any burden he cannot carry. Nothing in GEJ's history shows he has the balls, competence, political sagacity or vision to do what you ask of him.

At this critical stage in our history, why must we choose an expensive gamble that can blow up in our faces when we have Southerners we know for sure will 'go there', against the conservative North, to reform Nigeria?
Who & who? undecided
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Confirmedzombie: 11:00am On Feb 21, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

Who are the WE?? If you are referring to the SW,Their views will be inconsequential should the powers that be in APC decide to go that route.

Me and you together with all well meaning Nigerians are the WE.

We will never allow the south East to rule Nigeria until they resuscitate themselves and stop politics of bitterness, hate, ethnicity, sentiment and religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by skywalker240(m): 11:02am On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:

The north is playing a game and it is left for the south to analyze the situation and turn it to her own advantage. With unity, the south can beat the north in their own game.

There is nothing wrong in Tinubu, Jonathan, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Umahi, Fayemi etc contesting for the ticket of APC. If Jonathan wins based on backing from northern hawks, I expect all other southern leaders to rally behind him and hijack him the same way northerners hijacked Buhari when he became president.

Once he’s sworn in as president, he should build a United southern coalition to ditch whatever agreement he had with the north and handover to another southern president. The north cannot make any meaningful argument for the presidency in 2027 so he will be justified. That way, we can even have a southern president for 12 years.

unity! unity! Unity!

why didnt we discussed this back in 2015 and 2019 angry

fvck southern unity SAI BUHARI - 2032 KAI HAILAH KULAFITULU grin
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Firefoxx1: 11:04am On Feb 21, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Good...

I will vigorously campaign for any of the following candidates:

1. Governor Dave Umahi.. (my favorite SE governor. He made my top 20 list of great Nigerians we should emulate..)

2. Goodluck Jonathan.

3. Amaechi.

4. Ogbonnaya Onu.. (patriotic, loyal and industrious)

5. Yul Edochie.. (My favorite Nollywood actor. He hates Buhari, that's my only problem with him. But eh, if I like you, I like you.. cheesy)

For equity's sake, power should return to the South, particularly the South East... If not, then South South..

Basically, any good candidate from the SE or SS will have my support. The North and the SW should not contest AT ALL... However, If the SW wants to contest, then the North, especially the NE and the NC, will also contest..

To avoid this, the North and the South West should go and rest and let the SE and the SS have their fun... cheesy

God bless Nigeria.

Lol...

Oga go to hell with your Presidency. Has Buhari Presidency stopped the security challenges and economic woes of the Northern Region? So what makes you think the average Southwesterner is even interested in your Presidency?

But just know that it won't be business as usual for your folks in this country, going forward. And try any Military action via Presidency, then you just sped the total disintegration of this fragile entity labelled Nigeria.

Even under Military Regime, Southwest never backed down, no be this Civilian Governance go come be issue for us....

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by bash8936: 11:05am On Feb 21, 2021
You people should be doing Nonsense permutation and analyses there.
Whoever wins Apc presidential primaries automatically will be the one to rule Nigeria 2023.
Be deceiving urself with north, east, west or shirt up and down.
At this age if you still think PDP will rule Nigeria again then you better go for brain surgery.
Anybody that wins APC primaries is already 50% ahead with rigging.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Regex: 11:06am On Feb 21, 2021
skywalker240:

unity! unity! Unity!

why didnt we discussed this back in 2015 and 2019 angry

fvck southern unity SAI BUHARI - 2032 KAI HAILAH KULAFITULU grin

You deh look them? They have come with another style to still surrender us as slaves again to the north.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2021
I've seen my fellow 'Bahushe' dropping hits back to back as to why power will not head to the SW, nagode for the points but maigida, I hope you know a fellow from Daura will rather keep quiet too when his so called kinsmen are wrecking havoc in the other part of the country or how do you want to explain this hypocrisy.

I think most of us tends to forget that the government of the day don't have our interests at heart, they are only looking for more ways to loot us and make us disunited and all we could do is to keep pretending and lying to ourselves about where the power heads to.

Paddle your own canoe well, Dan Siasia no too care o..
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Kwara1stson: 11:10am On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:

Once he’s sworn in as president, he should build a United southern coalition to ditch whatever agreement he had with the north and handover to another southern president. The north cannot make any meaningful argument for the presidency in 2027 so he will be justified. That way, we can even have a southern president for 12 years. The north will only end up playing itself.

so thereafter the south will Never smell the presidency again. u can't beat the north in the game of politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by skywalker240(m): 11:12am On Feb 21, 2021
Regex:

You deh look them? They have come with another style to still surrender us as slaves again to the north.
whenever the hot feiry javeling is piercing them hard, that is when they remember southern unity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emefiele To Be Freed By Attorney-general Upon Returning N50billion As Plea Barga / Imo: Akarachi Amadi Arrested Over Hijacking Of Electoral Materials / Uneasy Calm In SSS Over ‘hurried Promotion’ Of Marilyn Ogar, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.