Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers (17434 Views)

Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors / What APC Governors Discussed With Buhari On Tuesday / 2019 Elections: What Buhari Discussed With Service Chiefs In Closed Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by Yankee101: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
The political and traditional leaders also unanimously agreed that open grazing had become unsustainable and must be stopped.

The meeting was attended by governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, Gboyega Oyetola of Osun, Dapo Abiodun of Ogun, Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo, and Seyi Makinde of Oyo

Game over
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by marsman: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
bigfish3k:
Coward governors. Mtchew
What should we call this?
Slavery in the 21st century

Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by omoluka: 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2021
Liposure:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/444247-insecurity-what-south-west-governors-discussed-with-traditional-rulers.html
God knows that the only vote i am ready to cast in this shithole is that of referendum. F*uck you foolish politicians who are preoccupied with 2023 elections instead of saving the lives and livelihood of your people from Fulani marauders

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by MayorofLagos(m): 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2021
. In a bid to address the security challenges rocking the South-west of Nigeria, the governors in the geopolitical zone on Saturday met with traditional rulers at the Oyo State Government House in Agodi, Ibadan.

The major highlight of the meeting was to find lasting solutions to the killings and kidnapping for ransom that have become the order of the day and the seeming helplessness of security operatives to tackle rising crimes.

The meeting also addressed the cases of farmers-herders clashes, leading to deaths, destruction of farms and other valuable properties.

The political and traditional leaders also unanimously agreed that open grazing had become unsustainable and must be stopped.

The meeting was attended by governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, Gboyega Oyetola of Osun, Dapo Abiodun of Ogun, Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo, and Seyi Makinde of Oyo.

The traditional rulers in attendance include Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi; Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi; Olubadan of Ibadan, Saliu Adetunji; Akarigbo of Remo, Babatunde Ajayi, and Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdom, Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan.

Addressing journalists after the meeting, Mr Akeredolu, who is the chairman of the South-west Governors Forum, said the government must change the practice of open grazing by cattle breeders.

“We discussed that as we are supporting other areas of farming, like rice farmers and others, the need for government to support cattle breeding is now. And one of the ways we can support cattle breeding is to change the ways and means that cattle breeders are adopting now.

“So, you can find designated grazing areas where you can graze, you can have feed mills where you can feed, you do not have to trek with your herds from far.

“But, things that will lead to open grazing in these modern times must be looked at and the state and federal government, in particular, should give support as much as we can to cattle breeders.”

Mr Akeredolu said the leaders agreed that the influx of foreign herdsmen into the country due to porous borders is also causing security problems to the region and must be addressed.

“We all agreed that our borders have become too porous and that we need to do something urgently to prevent foreign herdsmen from coming into this country without any form of caution because a number of them have come in with their herds and what they do is of concern to us.

“We all believe that our borders need to be checked and we need to tighten our borders so that all those foreigners from Niger republic and those beyond bordering states don’t come in with their herds and destroy our farms.”

Speaking on forest management, the leaders agreed that forest management and preservation is the duty of the states and must be well looked at not to accommodate criminals.

“We all agreed that the time is now that we support the decision of National Economic Council (NEC) about forest management and that they believe that all the states should be in a position to manage their forest and that will give enough room for you to determine who is there, what purpose are they serving, and where you have people illegally.

“The state should be able to take some steps so that you can preserve our forest,” he said.

Others who attended the meeting were the Deputy Inspector General of Police, David Folawiyo; Oyo Commissioner of Police, Ngozi Onadeko; Garrison Commander, 2 Division of the Nigerian Army, Adesoji Ogunsugba; top officials of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) and the Air force.

I am here to summarize and expand knowledge on the political and cultural implications of what is reported above.

1. The gathering is the government of SW Nigeria and their functions in society is empowered by the Constitution. So whatever they discuss here cannot be anything unConstitutional.

2. This gathering is a discussion on SECURITY CHALLENGES in SW.

3. Government of SW agreed that crime has been committed against the people of SW.

4. Government of SW agreed insecurity in SW is attributable to two sources ..
(a) foreign elements that exploit loose border
(b) cattle herders that tresspas when grazing.

They stopped short of giving it ethnic tone but they specifically indicated the people are from Northern zones.

5. Government of SW proposed assistance, in cooperation with FG, to stop open grazing (nomadic herding) and settle cattle herders into ranches as well designated grazing grounds.

6. Government of SW believes the border must be controlled and security tightened to exclude unwanted elements from coming in.

7. Government of SW wants a better management of its forests and inventory of its occupants and their events.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theese are my views, with scoring on a grade of A to F. A is excellent, F is woeful.

Amotekun is Constitutional and was formed to secure SW. Why is Amotekun not at a gathering discussing insecurity in its jurisdictional domain?

I give our leaders an F.

They focused on insecurity in rural farmsteads and in forests and highways but neglected to include insecurity and criminality in SW urban cities involving Hausas and their frequent attacks on Yorubas in every state in SW.

I give our leaders an F.

They discussed and agreed that open grazing is a problem and must be stopped. In its place they proposed another problem, a worse one. They want to work with FG to give herders settlements and grazing zones to practice ranching. RUGA!
Miyetti allah will put pressure on FG to make sure such concessions from SW are gazzetted to remove any legal disputes in future over who owns such zones. Buhari has failed in various and multiple attempts to reclaim what he called "gazzetted grazing routes" given by colonial govt in South. We cannot find it, no record...but now SW leaders are planning to officially open grazing routes and settlements for fulani in SW. The government of SW is not listening to its people. They want Yoruba Nation free of fulani settlements.

I give our leaders an F for conceeding to miyettiallah's desires to get a govt land grant in SW.

When Buhari recently closed borders in SW our leaders had no power to open it. When Buhari declared all foreigners can come across our borders without visa our leaders had no power to stop it. They need to strategize for a counter-approach to securing SW borders instead of wasting time hopelessly discussing a issue Constitutionally outside their control. The counter-measure to insecure border is to acquire control of your border and that require a new Sovereingty, this is what the PEOPLE want.

I give our leaders an F.

Akeredolu gave an order and claimed Ondo forests are under his jurisdiction. FG rejected his claim. Miyettiallah has continuously flouted and disregarded his order and no fulani herder has been arrested for disobeying the Governor's order, for perpetrating illegality in Ondo forests. If he cannot enforce his order on Forest Management in Ondo, what is the point of him repeating in this gathering that "we all agree time is now and we manage our forests"? Has the FG shared in that agreement?

I give Akeredolu and those who agreed with him an F.

It is a shame that our government in SW will gather and discuss insecurity and finish it with concessions to the criminals laying siege on SW, yet not a single mention of the foremost priority of their PEOPLE.

I speak for myself here and say I reject leadership of these governors and these Obas. They have not spoken for me in Ibadan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by faste: 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2021
richiemcgold:
I agree with their assertion that borders are too porous, most especially in the north. After they successfully came in through the north, the destination of most of these illegal migrants is the southwest. I'm currently in Akure, there's no corner in the city where you won't see them in numbers, although many of them are doing legitimate jobs. Some indigenous people here think they are also Nigerians because they speak Hausa, but I've come across lots of them who actually came from Burkina Faso, Niger, chad, Senegal, Cameroon & even from far away Sudan. They're just too many and they don't have any papers.
Serious matter!
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by kayjay69(m): 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2021
Talk is cheap, actions very expensive. I have always said it that Yorubas so-called leaders are only good at playing politics but are poor at leadership. The herdsmen crisis presently affecting the South west has only revealed just how weak our leaders are in South west Nigeria. I am not surprised Amotekun was not invited, the formation of Amotekun was never a proactive measure, it was reactive and it is a political scheme to show the people of South west Nigeria that their leaders are doing something not necessarily to safeguard South west lives and properties.

If you observe, you could see from day 1 that these incidents started to increase after RUGA was roundly rejected. These incidents are only meant to force the hands of South west leaders into giving land for RUGA. RUGA is only a means to an end for the Fulani elite, it is clearly a land grabbing ploy. It may not happen in this generation or the next but eventually it will happen as evidenced by history.

South west leadership ought to be readying up their forces and engaging these terrorists, politics be damned. But as usual, they are kicking the ball down the road. When it finally explodes, the Fulani will seize leadership structure of Yorubaland and they will have achieved their objectives. Unfortunately, these cowardly bunch of useless cretin called leaders will not be alive to witness it.

Yorubas should be pay close attention, right now we are being sold in exchange for political relevance. It is happening right now before our very own eyes. We failed to side with Biafra during the Civil war where this could have been settled because we wanted to be seen as the good ones. We are failing now to do the right thing, which is never easy but needed, because we wish to please the same powers that be. I fear that if we continue down this path, the Yoruba race will seize to exist as an independent entity in 200 years (or 3 generations) from today.
MayorofLagos:

I am here to summarize and expand knowledge on the political and cultural implications of what is reported above.

1. The gathering is the government of SW Nigeria and their functions in society is empowered by the Constitution. So whatever they discuss here cannot be anything unConstitutional.

2. This gathering is a discussion on SECURITY CHALLENGES in SW.

3. Government of SW agreed that crime has been committed against the people of SW.

4. Government of SW agreed insecurity in SW is attributable to two sources ..
(a) foreign elements that exploit loose border
(b) cattle herders that tresspas when grazing.

They stopped short of giving it ethnic tone but they specifically indicated the people are from Northern zones.

5. Government of SW proposed assistance, in cooperation with FG, to stop open grazing (nomadic herding) and settle cattle herders into ranches as well designated grazing grounds.

6. Government of SW believes the border must be controlled and security tightened to exclude unwanted elements from coming in.

7. Government of SW wants a better management of its forests and inventory of its occupants and their events.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theese are my views, with scoring on a grade of A to F. A is excellent, F is woeful.

Amotekun is Constitutional and was formed to secure SW. Why is Amotekun not at a gathering discussing insecurity in its jurisdictional domain?

I give our leaders an F.

They focused on insecurity in rural farmsteads and in forests and highways but neglected to include insecurity and criminality in SW urban cities involving Hausas and their frequent attacks on Yorubas in every state in SW.

I give our leaders an F.

They discussed and agreed that open grazing is a problem and must be stopped. In its place they proposed another problem, a worse one. They want to work with FG to give herders settlements and grazing zones to practice ranching. RUGA!
Miyetti allah will put pressure on FG to make sure such concessions from SW are gazzetted to remove any legal disputes in future over who owns such zones. Buhari has failed in various and multiple attempts to reclaim what he called "gazzetted grazing routes" given by colonial govt in South. We cannot find it, no record...but now SW leaders are planning to officially open grazing routes and settlements for fulani in SW. The government of SW is not listening to its people. They want Yoruba Nation free of fulani settlements.

I give our leaders an F for conceeding to miyettiallah's desires to get a govt land grant in SW.

When Buhari recently closed borders in SW our leaders had no power to open it. When Buhari declared all foreigners can come across our borders without visa our leaders had no power to stop it. They need to strategize for a counter-approach to securing SW borders instead of wasting time hopelessly discussing a issue Constitutionally outside their control. The counter-measure to insecure border is to acquire control of your border and that require a new Sovereingty, this is what the PEOPLE want.

I give our leaders an F.

Akeredolu gave an order and claimed Ondo forests are under his jurisdiction. FG rejected his claim. Miyettiallah has continuously flouted and disregarded his order and no fulani herder has been arrested for disobeying the Governor's order, for perpetrating illegality in Ondo forests. If he cannot enforce his order on Forest Management in Ondo, what is the point of him repeating in this gathering that "we all agree time is now and we manage our forests"? Has the FG shared in that agreement?

I give Akeredolu and those who agreed with him an F.

It is a shame that our government in SW will gather and discuss insecurity and finish it with concessions to the criminals laying siege on SW, yet not a single mention of the foremost priority of their PEOPLE.

I speak for myself here and say I reject leadership of these governors and these Obas. They have not spoken for me in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by dangotesmummy: 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2021
butterfly777:
They tried small.

So they neither discussed how to protect farmers from herdmen attack, nor punitive measures against destructive herdsmen? Well, let's keep watching.

awon baba agbaya,akotile ta,awon baba tiole tole.awon toti gbabode.so you trust them?
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by porthouse7(f): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2021
post=99278961]All state governors should get their acts together and take control of their various states.

Meanwhile........[/quote][s]
:
All state governors should get their acts together and take control of their various states.

Meanwhile........
[/s:

[quote author= post=99278961]All state governors should get their acts together and take control of their various states.

Meanwhile........
nasty
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by butterfly777(m): 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
dangotesmummy:
awon baba agbaya,akotile ta,awon baba tiole tole.awon toti gbabode.so you trust them?

Not al all. Just giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2021
aleeyus:

God bless Nigeria

Haba le me c lyks 4 blessing Naija.

1 Jew spotted

People are losing their lives and loved ones and all we've heard are promises from the time of pdp up to this useless apc
Anyone who complains about insecurity is not exaggerating. Don't wait till your loved ones start dying before you admit that both apc and pdp are useless brids if the same feather.
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by Donedeal1(m): 1:34pm On Feb 21, 2021
Please discuss restructuring, not begging the matter.
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
May God takes control
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by bigfish3k: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2021
marsman:

What should we call this?
Slavery in the 21st century
Yes you are right
SE governors are cowards too
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by marsman: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2021
bigfish3k:

Yes you are right
SE governors are cowards too
+ the runaway fugitive.
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by bigfish3k: 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2021
marsman:

+ the runaway fugitive.
Who?
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by marsman: 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2021
bigfish3k:

Who?
Namdi kanu. You lord and savior
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by Funkeshuga(m): 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2021
Yoruba Nation must be save by all means, our peace in entire southwest is non negotiable

Yoruba land must be save from invaders and intruders, all hands must be on deck and all northerners must be place on security surveillance
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by Masterkernel1: 2:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
IamWonderful:
Thank GOD our leaders are talking not paying herdsmen to create more havock in their respective states, the leaders seeing their people killed and keep quiet because they are under Buhari's table begging for crumbs.

Unfortunately... You didn't do Geography in school, be Informed today, Oyigbo isn't East, but South South. We have indigenous Igbos there.
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by Bimpe29: 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2021
Politics must be eliminated from governance.

Vested interest of elites must be downplayed by the collective interest of the populace
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by Charly68: 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
richiemcgold:
I agree with their assertion that borders are too porous, most especially in the north. After they successfully came in through the north, the destination of most of these illegal migrants is the southwest. I'm currently in Akure, there's no corner in the city where you won't see them in numbers, although many of them are doing legitimate jobs. Some indigenous people here think they are also Nigerians because they speak Hausa, but I've come across lots of them who actually came from Burkina Faso, Niger, chad, Senegal, Cameroon & even from far away Sudan. They're just too many and they don't have any papers.
It means the govt cant secure the territorial integrity of the nation
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by bigfish3k: 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
marsman:

Namdi kanu. You lord and savior
You know his story. I am not repeating it to you
He did what every reasonable human being will do when you are in a country without laws where fulani murders are defended and fulani tribe is elevated above others and can carry Ak-47
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by oluyemioy(m): 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2021
OLUYEMI FARMS

Call 08055464705;
08034037973 for

#Melange�

#Table size catfish�

#Clarias BROODSTOCK�
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by ScamHunter: 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2021
marsman:

The SW might be toothless dogs, but your own dog does not have mouth at all. They successfully established Amotekun against all odds, they should have equipped them with grenades, and all other sophisticated weapon, so that the government can accuse of them of treason,and trying to cause anarchy right?. Some of you have brains, but you actually refuse to use it most times. Fulani will perform their atrocities at night and run into the bush before any security operatives get there, it is hard to differentiate the real one from the criminals, but you people expect amotekun to ethnic cleanse all of them, without minding of the consequences. Have you been to orlu lately, come and see wailing from the brave at heart on line, what am i even saying have you paid your herds man tax in Abia. This same bravery with no common sense, pushed you to fighting a war you loosed with casualties. Your guess is very wrong, the yeebos are the ones that have been conquered

You ans I are saying the same thing: that fear and cowardice are the reason the Yoruba would cede their ancestral land to Fulani without firing a shot. The Fulani are aware. That's why didn't even dignify the SW by using the military against them. Rifle wielding Cattle Rearers are enough to subjugate a whole major tribe. Did you notice that even Southern Kaduna, Plateau and Benue put up stiff resistance before they were overrun? But Yoruba did not even delay their own conquest by at least slowing down the herders? Some of us expected that the big tribes like Yoruba and Igbo in the south would stop the advancing menace. Yoruba why? You do not see it that these guys are working with a sense of urgency? By 2023, Yewa may become Mai Mararaba Winki. Anyway, let's not cry for you since you chose fear and cowardice to being real men.
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by marsman: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2021
ScamHunter:

You ans I are saying the same thing: that fear and cowardice are the reason the Yoruba would cede their ancestral land to Fulani without firing a shot. The Fulani are aware. That's why didn't even dignify the SW by using the military against them. Rifle wielding Cattle Rearers are enough to subjugate a whole major tribe. Did you notice that even Southern Kaduna, Plateau and Benue put up stiff resistance before they were overrun? But Yoruba did not even delay their own conquest by at least slowing down the herders? Some of us expected that the big tribes like Yoruba and Igbo in the south would stop the advancing menace. Yoruba why? You do not see it that these guys are working with a sense of urgency? By 2023, Yewa may become Mai Mararaba Winki. Anyway, let's not cry for you since you chose fear and cowardice to being real men.
We are not saying the same thing. I am talking about using common sense to solve problem, instead advising people to ethnic cleanse people on their Land. Okay Is Sunday Igbowo acting under fear and cowardice, after destroying the seriki fulani house, and why didn't they send soldiers after him, they dare not, has he been arrested, No. The only thing the government could do was to freeze his account, because they knew he was dealing with the criminal ones and there affiliations, i believe he his acting under fear and cowardice too according to you. The fulani threats has recently be surpressed, only because of how we played the game. When we marched against them in Oyo, it was you people that said, we were killing the innocent once, he be like say dem use something swear for you flat heads, always antagonizing us when we don't even know you exist.

We know it is your wish for Yoruba land, to become a war ravaged useless land just like your land, but it is not possible, we are dealing with, this babarians in our own way, our governors not keeping quite and the people, taking care of them under ground. Stop trying to dodge the fact that your governors are paying huge amount of money, to compensate the babaric folks. Just like paying dowry, Let any mother fucking cows die in Yoruba land, no body is paying nothing unlike you slaves, we fight back that act, they can kill us if the Like, but pim is not going to herdsman pocket

There is war going on in your back yard why not deal with that first. The fulani army is about to conquer your territory, as their own, it will.be too late before you notice, since you are neck Dee in. our matter. By the time the Orlu shit is over, igbo land will have an emir.
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by marsman: 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
bigfish3k:

You know his story. I am not repeating it to you
He did what every reasonable human being will do when you are in a country without laws where fulani murders are defended and fulani tribe is elevated above others and can carry Ak-47
He ran away like coward, could not lead his army like the commander he is. I guess it runs in the blood of any body termed hero on that side
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by ScamHunter: 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2021
kayjay69:
Talk is cheap, actions very expensive
Exactly, you're a very wise Yoruba man if you're Yoruba. We are all witnesses of the high cost of action in the SE

I have always said it that Yorubas so-called leaders are only good at playing politics but are poor at leadership. The herdsmen crisis presently affecting the South west has only revealed just how weak our leaders are in South west Nigeria.

Not only Yoruba. It's all over the south.

I am not surprised Amotekun was not invited, the formation of Amotekun was never a proactive measure, it was reactive and it is a political scheme to show the people of South west Nigeria that their leaders are doing something not necessarily to safeguard South west lives and properties.
Amotekun was not there because there is no tactical plan to confront the killer herdsmen.

If you observe, you could see from day 1 that these incidents started to increase after RUGA was roundly rejected. These incidents are only meant to force the hands of South west leaders into giving land for RUGA. RUGA is only a means to an end for the Fulani elite, it is clearly a land grabbing ploy. It may not happen in this generation or the next but eventually it will happen as evidenced by history.

If I knew you personally, I'd say someone like you would have made a difference to the Yoruba nation at this time. Most of your people do not yet see that calamity is upon them. Southern Kaduna and Plateau cannot recover from their Rugaed land. Imaging all of one local government belonging to Fulani. That's not the bad news. The real bad news is that it would be off limits to the owners of the land. You dare not enter, even if your village used to be there.

South west leadership ought to be readying up their forces and engaging these terrorists, politics be damned. But as usual, they are kicking the ball down the road. When it finally explodes, the Fulani will seize leadership structure of Yorubaland and they will have achieved their objectives. Unfortunately, these cowardly bunch of useless cretin called leaders will not be alive to witness it.

I second that. But they wouldn't do that due to cowardice as you rightly observed. I realized that Yoruba has been bought and sold the moment they were arm twisted into complying with the anti-south constitution in the setting up of Amotekun. WWI weaponry against Kalashnikovs is like Spitfires against F18s.

Yorubas should be pay close attention, right now we are being sold in exchange for political relevance. It is happening right now before our very own eyes.

We failed to side with Biafra during the Civil war where this could have been settled because we wanted to be seen as the good ones.

I think you're wrong here. Your failure to side with Biafra was still due to cowardice and fear of death. Not that Mr Awolowo wanted to be a good guy. The chap was scared of confrontation with the Fulani and probably arm twisted by the British.

We are failing now to do the right thing, which is never easy but needed, because we wish to please the same powers that be. I fear that if we continue down this path, the Yoruba race will seize to exist as an independent entity in 200 years (or 3 generations) from today.

Jos crises is less than 20 years old. Their villages have already been renamed.
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by ScamHunter: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
marsman:

We are not saying the same thing.
I am talking about using common sense to solve problem, instead advising people to ethnic cleanse people on their Land.
If sense is that common, Benue, Plateau and Southern Kaduna would not be cowed with ethnic cleansing. The Yoruba also is nearly cowed with terror. Can't you see your leaders speak with quivering voices?

Okay Is Sunday Igbowo acting under fear and cowardice, after destroying the seriki fulani house, and why didn't they send soldiers after him, they dare not, has he been arrested, No.
They didn't send soldiers because they know that your frightened leaders would reign him in. In fact, they're aware armed herdsmen are enough to conquer your people. They know the regions that need full military might to conquer. Not Yoruba. Whips and herdsmen settle your case and make you tow Fulani line.

The only thing the government could do was to freeze his account, because they knew he was dealing with the criminal ones and there affiliations, i believe he his acting under fear and cowardice too according to you.

So why didn't your leaders back him: Fear...cowardice.

The fulani threats has recently be surpressed, only because of how we played the game. When we marched against them in Oyo, it was you people that said, we were killing the innocent once, he be like say dem use something swear for you flat heads, always antagonizing us when we don't even know you exist.

Yeye talk, you failed to confront your killers and faced Hausa who are generally peaceful.

We know it is your wish for Yoruba land, to become a war ravaged useless land just like your land, but it is not possible, we are dealing with, this babarians in our own way, our governors not keeping quite and the people, taking care of them under ground.
God forbid that Yoruba land become war zone. We only weep for you that you have been bought and sold to Fulani without firing a shot due to fear. What we see is a land taken over because its inhabitants a pusillanimous.

Stop trying to dodge the fact that your governors are paying huge amount of money, to compensate the babaric folks.
Any governor doing that is as cowardly as your people. I don't even believe that. They're all crooks that want to cash out using compensation for killed cows.

Just like paying dowry, Let any mother fucking cows die in Yoruba land, no body is paying nothing unlike you slaves, we fight back that act, they can kill us if the Like, but pim is not going to herdsman pocket

But people are dying? Are cows more valuable than people in Yorubaland too?

There is war going on in your back yard why not deal with that first. The fulani army is about to conquer your territory, as their own, it will

Even the Fulani know that we in SE and SS are hard nuts to crack. The region where the warriors are. Why do you think they see SW as soft target? Even the ONLY voice of a warrior has been silenced and drowned by the many voices of fear.

.be too late before you notice, since you are neck Dee in. our matter.

By the time the Orlu shit is over, igbo land will have an emir

I'm not even from there, but we all know that Igbo are least likely to have Emirs. We can't say the same with Yoruba who already have many and are doing nothing about it
Re: Insecurity: What South-West Governors Discussed With Traditional Rulers by marsman: 7:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
[quote author=ScamHunter post=99289225][/quote]
How many of your leaders are speaking up? Only Akeredolu spoke against this herdsmen crisis, in all of the southern states. Which of my leader is speaking with quavering voice? they should encourage violence, so that the whole region can go up in flame, if what happened in Oyo can happen in every southwestern states, we know we will be fighting war with foreigners on our land which will effect little or much, but you can't understand this since common sense is not common.

You are actually saying nonsense, what he did in Oyo is enough for them to declare a state of emergency. Fulanis can only make mouth in the south west, kidnap kill and run away before people catch them. What we did in Oyo is still fresh in memory, they dare not send in any army to seize anybody in the south west, the federal government is actually scared of the west. Any stupid movement especially in the south West, they no the country will go up in flames, they know that we are a major stake holder in this Nigeria, that is why Buhari is not making any comment with the fact we are dealing with his people in Oyo, next is Ogun. It is the inconsequential useless part of Nigeria, that they can just send army too, to scare them and intimidate. In the south west, any funny movement by the fed govt can end this Country.

How many eastern Leaders is backing namdi kanu up, how many kings, how many governors. His organization has even been proscribed as a blood thirsty terrorist group by his people, no body could speak up even secretly in they all cowardly support his struggle. Atleast No body is condemning his action.

Yes we dealt with those fulfude bastard and their brothers + their seriki, something anybody can not do in Nigeria. No government could do anything. Shows you that the government is trying to be care full with us. The government knows how important we are to the country. The government is scared of us.

South east and south south that is currently under invasion, what the military is trying there, they cant try it in the west, they dark not even when we dealt with this same north in Osun state, the only thing they did was, to try to calm the situation without firing any shot, they dare not. The military is just clearing the ground for the fulani conquerors to install their emirs. Know this and know peace. Ss and Se are already gone, The only thing you can do now is pay your 100000 tribute in peace to your fulani masters. They have already invaded south south through Edo, you will soon feel the heat.

It is not about the Yoruba mans Lifes being less Important than that of a cow. It is about refusing to become slaves in the 21st century like some idiots who pay tributes to blood thirsty barbarians. We are fighting back. we say no to modern day oppression from foreign criminals, we dont negotiate with criminals unlike the east and the North two part of the same coins.

We know your plan, you want us to burn right. You are jealous, you want to reach us, but since you can't do that, you want us to get destroyed. Not happening. We will subdue this idiocy soon, but if you ever come to the south west, you will surely be unfortunate or if you are there and have not returned your fathers hole.

One of the special assistant to your governor, has just be dropped by gunmen. You are slaves but you don't know it yet hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi: Some People Will Blame Buhari If They Can’t Get Pregnant / Wike: Atiku Warns Supporters Against Harmful Utterances / Presidency distances itself from #istandwithbuhari organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.