Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? (26696 Views)

First Time On A Plane Where Did You Travel To? / In A Plane At 30,000ft & Pilots Are Fighting Like This, What Will You Do?(Pic) / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by ehix89(m): 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:
My first experience PH to Lagos with Dana Air 2017
Let me be honest I struggled with the seatbelt shy to ask for help the man beside me though I was calling the hostess before the man decided to help me out.
Been to Lagos 4 times fly 5 times use road 3 times .
i no ask anybody, I had to figure it out myself grin
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Blessedity(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2021
Flying from Lagos to port Harcourt with Arikair
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by ehix89(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2021
Dlola273:
My first flight was in 1996
Lagos to Delta State
how old were you then?
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Starhearts: 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
Flew Nigeria to Ghana
Later connect Cyprus from Ghana

Nice to be here in Limassol, Cyprus.

1 Like

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Tats(m): 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
kponkedenge:
I flew Lufthansa from Lagos to Berlin.... Going to Shanghai... Then from Berlin to Shanghai. Spent over a day to get to Shanghai.

How about you?

Lagos to Berlin?

I thought Lufthansa flies to Frankfurt? How come Berlin?
It doesn't make sense. Explain.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by nedekid: 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lagos to london
British Caledonia.
1978 cool
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by nedekid: 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lagos to london
British Caledonia.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by freeminded(m): 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
Flew from lagos to abuja
Felt like I dan arrive U.k gosh grin
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by OwoukoUrua(m): 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
First and only time I had an air trip, November 2008
Calabar to Lagos via Aero
then Lagos to Dubai to Jarkata via Emirates
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by clems88(m): 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
Calabar to Lagos on airpeace. Fear caught me when I saw it landing at the airport grin

3 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by WHOcarex: 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
Benin to Abuja. It was smooth. I enjoyed it Weller. I didn't feel like it was my first.

My second time, the landing was not really great. Arik Air

1 Like

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2021
PH to Abj...
Lagos is a shithole grin
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by trudpo: 3:36pm On Feb 24, 2021
Started with ABC luxurious bus from Maza Maza to Accra, then air travel from LOS to ABV, then Etihad from LOS to DXB. Since then, na so so travel. Something that used to be a big deal. Thank God sha.

2 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by tunize(m): 3:39pm On Feb 24, 2021
Only be to the airport just to feed da eyes but i nvr entr plane before.

1 Like

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Rheminix(m): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
UK in a Turkish airliner last year. I live there now as a settled immigrant. Stopped in instabul, turkey(Atatürk airport). Was the first time I ever flew. I give all Glory to God. The UK is far better than Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Coldie(m): 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ph to abuja
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
UK
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Prince001(m): 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
Icyexpressions:
Dreamland, I have never been to airport before.

Its not an achievement, just a means of transportation. Na for Naija and Co that's flight is luxury. If not for the looters and heartless govt, travelling by flight is nuttin special or extra ordinary.

5 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by ussv: 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
I flew from Nigeria to Togo for the Glo CAF Awards for African Footballer of the year via Virgin Nigeria Airways. My boss was given an all expenses paid trip , he could not make it and he gifted it to me. That year, Malian international Freddie Kanoute won the Awards.

4 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by ElonMosque(m): 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Abuja. Chachangi grin
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Cheeryfeet: 3:55pm On Feb 24, 2021
[quote author=BernieLee post=99299610]Flew Uyo - Lagos uia Dana in 2016.
Had this urge to throw up during takeoff. You should see how i gripped my seat, thankfully a family member sat by me and she calmed me if not everybody for know say i be newbie.
Like someone said people u meet on the plane are different than those on the bus o. Lievels dey abeg.
Sadly that was my first and last but one day e go beta.
Your first time bro not your last.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2021
From Maiduguri to Kaduna.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Zane2point4(m): 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Lol very dumb. So the smoothness of a flight is determined by it's size?
Airbus380 four engine handles turbulence better than twin engine...
Call yoursef mugu instead....fool
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Teespice(f): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2021
Aero Contractors to Kano back in 2015.

1 Like

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Zane2point4(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Lol very dumb. So the smoothness of a flight is determined by it's size?
You're one of the person spoiling this forum.
You're not knowledgeable in this regard yet u go like show ursef

6 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by KingAzubuike(f): 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Zane2point4:

Airbus380 four engine handles turbulence better than twin engine...
Call yoursef mugu instead....fool
That's what you ought to have said not saying that it's the size that determines the smoothness of a flight coz even smaller planes like the fighter jets F4 phantoms and panavia tornado fly smoothly with their Rolls-Royce trent 900 turbofans propelled engines. . Moreover you can always mention me for an argument if you learn to stop throwing insults.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by KingAzubuike(f): 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
Zane2point4:

You're one of the person spoiling this forum.
You're not knowledgeable in this regard yet u go like show ursef
This one has to go and Google for confirmation lol
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Zane2point4(m): 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
KingAzubuike:

That's what you ought to have said not saying that it's the size that determines the smoothness of a flight coz even smaller planes like the fighter jets F4 phantoms and panavia tornado fly smoothly with their Rolls-Royce trent 900 turbofans propelled engines. . Moreover you can always mention me for an argument if you learn to stop throwing insults.
You said I'm dumb remember?? grin

Pls size is the major factor,google am, four huge engines on a jet no be thrust and weight

I've bn flying since 5yrs now,if not for covid i for still deh up by now,so no deh argue with who sabbi road...
By the way are u a he or she?
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by wolebest: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
Back in September to remember in 2010. Flew via Air Nigeria to Dakar, Senegal. After about 8 eight hours delay at MMA the flight finally took off at around 1.00am only for us to discover it was not a direct flight. The plane na MOLUE!!! it had to stop at Coutonu , Accra and Abidjan before finally heading for Dakar, Senegal.

It was not a funny experience at all, anytime the plane was about to take off at any of the airports I had this banging headache that took over me and I could not sleep. We arrived Dakar around 4.00am local time and headed for the hotel.

To cut the long story short due to the stress of the flight, me and my colleagues slept throughout the morning session of the international programme we attended, while the cameras were on us...... Not a funny matter at all!!!

But on the second day and through the week the programme lasted, it was all fun.

1 Like

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nabajiz: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
From Lagos to Kenyan
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by alllivesmatter(m): 4:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
First time was this year...Jan. 12/2021
Abuja to home, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Before now, had always imagined flying. Quietly envied those who had the opportunity to fly. Teens & Ladies would always rub it in your face when they flew...

I have been based in Uyo for a while but all of a sudden...I got blessed with an appointment in Abuja and I had to make long distance travels. We all know how our roads are at the moment. Banditry and kidnapping on our highways is at an all time high... So in order not to become a possible statistic nor victim...I opted to fly.

Boarded and the chilled AC greeted me with open arms. Took a seat by the window and kept looking out the window all through the flight. The landing and take off experience was new to me but I managed well. Had braced myself for the usual. Gave up as a newbie when I couldn't get my bag pack in the upper compartment meant for bag packs. The air hostess on board calmly asked me to put it in that it would go in. I applied a little pressure and it did.

It was a wonderful experience. The view was breathtaking, the clouds and the overwhelming AC, wow. Poverty is the Devil. Before I could savour the experience longer, it was announced by the Pilot that we should prepare for landing...I got a little pissed. All these for 24k? C'mon naaa....Fly me around some more naaa...It's not fair.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. / 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses / Is It Only Those That Did Science Related Courses That Get Jobs Abroad?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.