Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? (26710 Views)

First Time On A Plane Where Did You Travel To? / In A Plane At 30,000ft & Pilots Are Fighting Like This, What Will You Do?(Pic) / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Oturatetuala(m): 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
Sebia but bros I vomited like 6times that was around 2004 even till now I still vomit whenever I'm on plane. Don't know why!
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Owiii(m): 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
Mine was From Portharcourt to Lagos through Arik Air in April, 2019.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Veezy4u(m): 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2021
emmydee:
Lagos to Jos
To meet one fine babe wey I don dey programme for some time. Aero Contractors 2009
Wow... I'm thinking of vice versa. How much was it? How do airports work, which did you use?
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Thomanad(m): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2021
Abuja to Jalingo. It was a Nigerian Air force ATR-42 aircraft.
Have been on the C130H from maiduguri to Lagos too.
Looking forward to being on the King air 350,falcon, DO-228 and a lot of helicopters.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by igwegeorgiano(m): 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
I was 12yrs at the time flew first time to United States via Delta airlines was a wonderful experience for me
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Icyexpressions: 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
Prince001:

Its not an achievement, just a means of transportation. Na for Naija and Co that's flight is luxury. If not for the looters and heartless govt travelling by flight is nuttin special or extra ordinary.

It's not an achievement, I'm just trying to tell the op the answer to the question from my own point of view and experience.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2021
Like if you also read from page 1

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by psalmylee(m): 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
I went from ojuelwgba to ikorodu..I don forget the airline sha BT it was a 15min flight
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by BernieLee(m): 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
R2bees:
E go better my brother
Amen bro.

2 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by BernieLee(m): 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
itslinkin4005:
Guy nawah for u oooh... it's never your last and can never be your last infact you are just starting joooor.... there are plenty countries to visit joooooor
Amen bro. na my prayer o. Make God pick our call. missed call don too much.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by itslinkin4005(m): 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2021
BernieLee:

Amen bro. na my prayer o. Make God pick our call. missed call don too much.
AMEN .GOD don already pick our calls..
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2021
ABIDJAN TO SOUTH AMERICA (BRASIL) ON A VERY HARD MISSION BUT THANK GOD THAT TODAY I AM DOING THE RIGHT KIND OF TRAVELS TO WIN SOULS.

1 Like

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Rodinat: 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
kessiah:
Travelled from Uyo (Akwa Ibom) to Lagos via Air Peace
It was a smooth ride, but mehn, I pray tire, in short at a point I started speaking in tongue, the fear no be here oo.
It was a night flight, from 8:30pm - 9:40pm, but we took off about 10 minutes before time and it did not last up to an 1:10 minutes because we touched down at 9:24pm.
We are asked to switch off our phones, so it was boring at a time, thank God I was with my laptop and I started coding, before I knew it, we are already in Lagos.
When we gained altitude, at a point, it was as if the plane is no longer moving, everything was still, and if I look through the window, it was just one red light I was able to spot, and it was not moving fast, that is when fear set in, in my mind, are you sure this flight is actually moving or it just hang, though after sometime, the captain introduced himself and said by our right is Benin city and we are flying at 34,000 feet above sea level.
The beauty of the flight is when we got to Lagos, you could see street lights, car headlights, and other light, it was a beauty to behold, I ON my phone to capture the site, but the Air hostess asked us to switch it off because at that point, they must Off the lights in the flight, so the phone light will show and everybody will know that you On your phone,.
It was fun,
Next time,put your phone on flight mode that way you can snap.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by 775chris(m): 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
MY VILLAGE
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by PDPGuy: 5:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
I flew from Lagos to New York
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
Excursion
Ibadan airport
Say 15 years cry cry cry
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
Norway
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by credon: 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
JSS1 1992
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2021
RoyaltyQueen:
Never enter a plane , but this year is my turnaround
let me take u around
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by danqujigy(m): 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by DrinkWater10: 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
BigDawsNet:

It's not difficult bro
Just 25k within nigeria
Give urself that experience
How does one handle his luggage to make sure nothing gets missing? Like laptops etc
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by MidaserveNG: 5:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
Spanner4:

I am optimistic
wink
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by KBARBIE(f): 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2021
TravisM16:
Did you attend Access High School ?

No sir..
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by odeyinugbolahan(m): 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
Bangalore in india
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Elnon: 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2021
You place your laptops and personal documents etc in your Carry-on luggage

My first flight experience was from Lagos(Nigeria) to Dakar(Senegal) and from there to Banjul (Gambia) via Air Peace.....Was surprised at myself for not being afraid one bit grin despite sitting close to the window
Was a wonderful experience!...Cant wait to do it again soon
DrinkWater10:

How does one handle his luggage to make sure nothing gets missing?
Like laptops etc

2 Likes

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by porthouse7(f): 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
first flight Lagos to OR tambo. Johannesburg
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by BigDawsNet: 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
DrinkWater10:

How does one handle his luggage to make sure nothing gets missing?
Like laptops etc

You need a crossbag

Drop ur laptop in the bag and put inside "Overhead bin" inside the plane...it will be safe ...

Don't forget only light luggages can be allowed inside the plane with you....
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by montumonami(m): 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
Will come back to update next week....
Uyo - Lagos

MODIFIED

Two experiences so far..last wednesday and yesterday Monday...
Take off and landing seems more like being in an elevator....

1 Like

Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Greystone: 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
danqujigy:
You don't mean it...My year of birth....? Then you must be a Grandpa by now

Lol... I was a year old then.

Travelled with my parents.
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by MiddleDimension: 6:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
that short distance? that means the plane was not flying at up to 200km/hr from Doha to Dubai. and yes, the Hamad International Airport is a monument. you could make the arguement that they take more traffic than Nigeria does. maybe as time goes on and our economy improve, we will pull down the current MMIA we have, and build something like the Daxing airport in Beijing.
mattfeuter:

Yup!

Lagos —- Doha —- Dubai

1hr 50 mins stop

Airport was so big compared to Murtala, it was at that point I knew our leaders have failed us and continue to do so. undecided
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by hacmond(m): 6:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
Arik Air
Lagos to London 2011
Re: First Time On A Plane: Where Did You Go? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses / Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. / Pictures Of Most Haunted Places In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.