Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists (4559 Views)

Senseless Cynical Censorship: Humanists Target Creationism In Welsh Schools / World Wars, Atheism, Nihilism, Were Planned By Freemasonry 200years Ago. / Humanists And Freethinkers: What Are Your Thoughts On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by shadeyinka(m): 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2021
HellVictorinho:

The meaning of a word is not the purpose of the word.
A single word can have various shades of meaning. The context defines the meaning!
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

A single word can have various shades of meaning. The context defines the meaning!
The meanings of a word are not the purposes of the word.
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by shadeyinka(m): 9:16pm On Feb 25, 2021
HellVictorinho:

The meanings of a word are not the purposes of the word.
You like sounding like a broken record!

I'm sure you know that Record (music player) is different from record(dubbing) and is different from record (keeping data on paper)!
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by budaatum: 9:31pm On Feb 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

I have already given him an indulgence, he is set free even without asking!

The quoted link probably summarises one of the reasons why I have a very very soft spot for Buda!
My spot for you is our sharing of a name.
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2021
shadeyinka:

You like sounding like a broken record!

I'm sure you know that Record (music player) is different from record(dubbing) and is different from record (keeping data on paper)!

I have said what I have said.
If you don't agree,then that's your cup of wine.
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by shadeyinka(m): 12:10am On Feb 26, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I don't do wine!
LOL!!
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by aadoiza: 7:39am On Feb 26, 2021
budaatum:

I am going to try really hard to take your advise.
Thank you.

However, I already failed, and will fail very often.
https://www.nairaland.com/6432955/things-every-lady-should-know#99418427

Shadeyinka, forgive buda for bullying you. What I attempt to think about you is here.
https://www.nairaland.com/5505236/attempted-response-shadeyinkas-practical-question
Thank you.
Wallahi, I'm not against you taking his arguments apart, but just want you to do the deconstruction constructively as you often do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by aadoiza: 7:45am On Feb 26, 2021
shadeyinka:

Thank you for being so kindly minded.
The Christian in me wouldn't allow "a tooth for a tooth!".

I've grown some very thick skin when dealing with (especially ) Atheists. It's their normal Modus operandi only that the dimension of Buda is a little different. He's like a brother with a short fuse. I used to engage him when he was a full blown Atheist and I probably was among the first to notice his transition to a form of "theistic atheism" for want of words to describe him. For Buda, I seem to have a very very long rope.

I can easily stop replying and the thread will die a natural death.

Thank you!

Abeg if you still got time on your hand do not stop replying, bro.
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by budaatum: 8:24am On Feb 26, 2021
aadoiza:

Thank you.
Wallahi, I'm not against you taking his arguments apart, but just want you to do the deconstruction constructively as you often do.

As I always do and did, but which he played his wuruwuru blind game in order to not see which as you can see, frustrates.

https://www.nairaland.com/6404876/waging-bet-against-impossible-statistical/2#98880864

But it's not his fault. I should have known.
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by Image123(m): 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
LordReed:

This is why the wonder of the universe is enough to silence the arrogance of thinking this universe was made for mankind.

Where did your ignorance hear that the universe was made for mankind? Craftyreed at work.
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by budaatum: 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2021
Funny. I did feel we had been here before.

budaatum:

"Meaning" and "purpose" hardly ever mean the same thing. Try it with "combustion engine", see what you come up with.

That said, "Purpose of life"? None really. Most living things, humans specifically, just occupy space and consume resources to remain alive. In effect, one could say the sole purpose of life is to live. If humans weren't in existence, the planet would most likely go on much better than with them in it. Even birds and goats probably serve a better purpose, birds by spreading seeds and goats by mowing the grass. Trees however help maintain a balance between CO2 and Oxygen.

There is one important difference between human beings and trees and birds. Birds and trees don't choose a purpose while human beings can. Some humans choose to make the world less bad than if they did nothing, whilst some choose to make the world much worse than it would have been if they actually ate, slept and eventually just died.

Regardless, all living things contribute towards the making of manure in the end, whether they choose it as a purpose or not. Whether that manure makes up for what they consume is debatable though.

1 Like

Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 19, 2021

Please, can you help me?
I need your financial assistance
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by jalodo2: 7:30am On Dec 19, 2021
Crystyano:

Please, can you help me?
Mr Lazy beggar, your mates are out there,doing odd jobs to survive,u are here 24/7, from morning till night bullying people to give u money. You are offered a job, u refused, saying its music u want to do ( a beggar with choice). No worry ,sit ur ass down ,they will soon come and sponsor ur musical career. You keep abusing and ranting over the people that onced helped u,cos they believed u are scam. Ranting all over to emotionally scam people.
Re: The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists by jalodo2: 7:36am On Dec 19, 2021
Crystyano:

Please, can you help me?
Mr Lazy beggar, Now u are screaming ur phone is bad, cos of people that might want to verify u, but u can log in and sit on nairaland all day. Anyone that wants to help u should do due verification, u evade verification and has answers to why all ways to verify u cant work. U cover ur scamming antics with emotional rants ( delibrately).

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thehomer Please Say / Is God Truly Dwelling In Your Heart? / It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.