Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? (15476 Views)

Leo Messi Does It Again / Messi Does Not Deserve Argentina Criticism- Aguero / Asisat Oshoala Resumes Training With The Barcelona Team. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Triangles1(m): 5:40am On Feb 24, 2021
Let's ask Oracle/Ifa or Google.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Jerryherd: 5:41am On Feb 24, 2021
Messi in premiership would boost ratings and viewership

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by ngadaAwo: 5:56am On Feb 24, 2021
mansakhalifa:
I said it here:

He is going to come the EPL thinking that it is anything like what obtains over in Spain. But then, at some point, he is definitely going to realise that the EPL, on its own, is a different beast entirely. Untamable.

To be honest, considering his age and other factors, I do not see him doing any sort of magic in the Premier League.

The only advantage that can come out of such a transaction is purely of the financial kind. City will definitely make loads of bucks from signing that guy for sure. Think about all the branding, sponsorships and merchandising that could possibly follow a player of that calibre to the Etihad to start with. They won't even have to stress themselves.

But on the field of play... sorry, I don't see him doing anything special cos the factors in the EPL will curb quite a number of his excesses.

Just my stray thoughts.

lol then you don't know Pep
Messi will dominate EPL under Pep
Imagine KDB sterling guodogan as team mates
hardly seen a player flop under Man city Pep
he knows how to bring out the best from players even at old age
kompany was balling till he left man city
Same with David silver
fernadinho is 35 but still balling under Pep
Messi will dominate EPL under Pep
tho I'm not his fan.
CR7 remains the GOAT

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by TitanzStudio(m): 5:59am On Feb 24, 2021
Am here to read Comments and Give Likes
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Gkay1(m): 6:01am On Feb 24, 2021
yes and also no
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Rugaria: 6:02am On Feb 24, 2021
He will bring attention, cash and fellowship... Not just trophies.. Makes them a complete business..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by sheddyboy01(m): 6:07am On Feb 24, 2021
For me I just want him to change team...

Anywhere he goes, I no mind

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by ArticleBeast: 6:10am On Feb 24, 2021
obembet:

To be honest Messi coming to City is not a good idea!!! City have all the quality players to win champions league trophy

Lalasticlala
Football is not just about kicking the ball, it is a business and Messi brings good business wherever he goes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by martineverest(m): 6:15am On Feb 24, 2021
mansakhalifa:
I said it here:

He is going to come the EPL thinking that it is anything like what obtains over in Spain. But then, at some point, he is definitely going to realise that the EPL, on its own, is a different beast entirely. Untamable.

To be honest, considering his age and other factors, I do not see him doing any sort of magic in the Premier League.

The only advantage that can come out of such a transaction is purely of the financial kind. City will definitely make loads of bucks from signing that guy for sure. Think about all the branding, sponsorships and merchandising that could possibly follow a player of that calibre to the Etihad to start with. They won't even have to stress themselves.

But on the field of play... sorry, I don't see him doing anything special cos the factors in the EPL will curb quite a number of his excesses.

Just my stray thoughts.

same thing EPL fans said against pep guadiorla

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Clemmydam(m): 6:20am On Feb 24, 2021
He will only bring sales of Jerseys not UCL title

For Your Card Redeem Please DM...Check my signature for more info and contact thanks
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Angelfrost(m): 6:32am On Feb 24, 2021
Other than a free transfer with reduced wages, spending overboard for aging Messi will be plain stupid... That's not what City needs to stay flying high. Messi is in his twilights.

Haaland is exactly what Pep needs in that team more than anything else... A KDB-Haaland partnership will simply paralyze EPL for 2 seasons straight! grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by uchennamani(m): 6:33am On Feb 24, 2021
LMS1:
Dear Man City Pls Do Not Put All Your Egg In One Basin.
This Messi That You Are Hyping Anyhow What If After Signing Him At 35 Years He Start Devoloping Cancer Or Knee Defraction Or Chicken Pox Or Eye Problem Or Psyco Issues Or Covid-19 Or Even Typhoid ?
Is That Not Gonna Be Your Downfall ? grin
Mad man.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Angelfrost(m): 6:34am On Feb 24, 2021
martineverest:
same thing EPL fans said against pep guadiorla

Pep is a coach who got the right players he required...

Messi is a player. Different ball game entirely... EPL will finish him off!!!
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by DenreleDave(m): 6:38am On Feb 24, 2021
Angelfrost:
Other than a free transfer with reduced wages, spending overboard for aging Messi will be plain stupid... That's not what City needs to stay flying high. Messi is in his twilights.

Haaland is exactly what Pep needs in that team more than anything else... A KDB-Haaland partnership will simply paralyze EPL for 2 seasons straight! grin

Liar.. To surprise u, Harland may come and not play anytin.... That's football..

The options with Messi is more than Harland... Messi can basically do everything Pep wants, not only on the pitch, even for the club image and revenue... Messi will bring much..

Think!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by DenreleDave(m): 6:39am On Feb 24, 2021
Angelfrost:

Pep is a coach who got the right players he required...

Messi is a player. Different ball game entirely... EPL will finish him off!!!

Like he finished all the premier league team off...

Losers epl.... Messi dominated all. The rubbish epl team

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by ofiko123(m): 6:45am On Feb 24, 2021
Messi would be a great addition to any team he chooses to play for.... that is all for me...

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by viqSmallz(m): 6:48am On Feb 24, 2021
mansakhalifa:
I said it here:

Just my stray thoughts.

Forget your stray thought, Messi will always dominate.

EPL this EPL that. Mshteew!!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by KingTom(m): 6:54am On Feb 24, 2021
ThierryJay:

Why not? They'd have the best quality player in the world to cement their already good quality. The article explains it very well, not from the biased angle of Messi haters.
The person you quoted is a staunch hater grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Angelfrost(m): 7:03am On Feb 24, 2021
DenreleDave:

Liar.. To surprise u, Harland may come and not play anytin.... That's football..

The options with Messi is more than Harland... Messi can basically do everything Pep wants, not only on the pitch, even for the club image and revenue... Messi will bring much..

Think!!!!!!!

Without goal scorers, I'm talking about the mold of Aguero and Costa of the past, nothing for City... Not even with Messi.

Football has moved on from big names! These days, players don't give a shit who you were! You either step up, or get put down... Simple!

City needs to move up the step of constant improvement. Haaland in that attack gives them a huge edge ahead of every other team.

Haaland, Aouar, and maybe Grealish into that pack... And, Pep would have gotten exactly what Ferguson had years ago.

Football is more than a single individual, however great or massive he was... I have no hate for Messi, but the truth must be said! He is past it!!!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Angelfrost(m): 7:07am On Feb 24, 2021
DenreleDave:

Like he finished all the premier league team off...

Losers epl.... Messi dominated all. The rubbish epl team

Calm down oga... Don't allow your awe of Messi becloud judgements! grin

The guy is good, but he is no where near the sterling quality he was years ago. Age has taken its toll.

He will probably do well enough, but EPL defensive players will have no headaches neutralizing him. This is as clear as day.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Iamthoney(m): 7:08am On Feb 24, 2021
Haters yapping about how he’s old and finished so he won’t perform. If he’s signed, he’s gonna fit in perfectly and also he’s gonna win them the epl and ucl cos he’s the greatest of all time and no one comes close

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Reference(m): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2021
Like Ronaldo at Juventus, Messi will just be more or less a badge. Useful for international matches only.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Benwallt(m): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2021
They need it o. Anything that will throw spanner in thier wheel of progress is welcome
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by mrkings84(m): 7:29am On Feb 24, 2021
#england-is-not-a-dumping-ground#
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by kennyamusan(m): 7:29am On Feb 24, 2021
���� ... person wey him football career no dey end small small like corona virus
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by KingLion007(m): 7:31am On Feb 24, 2021
I want him in England so that all the talk of him not playing in England will end...I see Messi wearing Aguero's shirt number in Mancity next season.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by cherriton12: 7:31am On Feb 24, 2021
Viral World News, Gossip, Entertainment, Technology, Business, Politics, World News, Middle East, US News, UK News, Asian News, European News, African News, Latin American & General News.

obembet:

To be honest Messi coming to City is not a good idea!!! City have all the quality players to win champions league trophy.

Lalasticlala
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by KingLion007(m): 7:32am On Feb 24, 2021
Angelfrost:

Calm down oga... Don't allow your awe of Messi becloud judgements! grin

The guy is good, but he is no where near the sterling quality he was years ago. Age has taken its toll.

He will probably do well enough, but EPL defensive players will have no headaches neutralizing him. This is as clear as day.
Epl defensive players we have been watching week in week out abi...No Match Abeg..

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by olowoba2: 7:33am On Feb 24, 2021
mansakhalifa:
I said it here:

Just my stray thoughts.

You need to focus on profit and not revenue.
It will cost a load of money to sign and pay Messi. Man City may have to break the bank to get Messi signed. Did you see the recent revelation of contract with Barcelona? Why do you think clubs tend to offload players to be able to balance the books?

Yes, he might see some increase in revenue due to additional merchandise, branding and publicity but then these might not be able to cover for the cost of having Messi in Barcelona.

Man City will most likely gain in publicity branding and social media influence while hoping to win additional trophies. But money wise, I doubt sincerely.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Starzo: 7:42am On Feb 24, 2021
Yes!,for marketing reasons
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Oghenerobo2002(m): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2021
Man city will be totally unplayable with Messi.
I'll be glad to see him proving the doubters wrong

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Violence: Nigerian League Fines Kano Pillars, Calls For Review Of Match Official / Super Falcons’ Players & Officials Have Been Paid – Nigerian Football Federation / 2022 WCQ – Rohr Invites Ighalo, Chukwueze 22 Others For Liberia, Cape Verde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.