Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Leo Messi Does It Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leo Messi Does It Again (671 Views)

Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? / Messi Does Not Deserve Argentina Criticism- Aguero / Leo Messi: Real Madrid Weaker Without Cristiano Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leo Messi Does It Again by Pussysucker17: 10:16pm On Jan 15
Congrats to Lionel Messi for winning 2023 FIFA best

3 Likes

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Pussysucker17: 10:17pm On Jan 15
The Legend and GOAT

3 Likes

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Beverlyjean(f): 10:19pm On Jan 15
Halaand ruled 2023...but they still gave it to someone that did nothing significant last year....

5 Likes

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Sizwezi: 10:20pm On Jan 15
The Bandit 😂🤣

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Landlord97: 10:23pm On Jan 15
THE BEST AMONGST ALL EVER

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Indigbo: 10:25pm On Jan 15
If it's Ronaldo now this thread would have been at the front page by now Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Dougad: 10:26pm On Jan 15
I disliked Messi less when he destroyed our chances of winning the Champions League in 2009 and 2011 than I do at the moment for winning undeserved awards.

This whole thing is nothing but a fûcking joke.

1 goal in the MLS which does not even count, 9 goals in the French League for the whole of 2023 vs KDB, Rodri, Haaland that dominated their position and won the treble.

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Indigbo: 10:26pm On Jan 15
Beverlyjean:
Halaand ruled 2023...but they still gave it to someone that did nothing significant last year....

Don't you know the criteria for FIFA the best again? undecided

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Beverlyjean(f): 11:05pm On Jan 15
Indigbo:

Pls tell me
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Kojochyke(m): 11:07pm On Jan 15
Beverlyjean:
Ruled, ruler, measurement tape.

It was voted for by coaches, captains journalists et al.
Messi n Haaland got equal votes... Wen this happens, according to FIFA, a tie breaker is used.
The person with d higher votes from his fellow footballers (in this case captains) wins.
It shows that his fellow players kno who their king is..

pls help check on Ronaldo n his sister.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:14pm On Jan 15
Congratulations to Lionel Messi.
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Contango(m): 11:43pm On Jan 15
What will pain Ronaldo fans the most is that they have absolutely no argument to fault this because result of the votes is out in the open for all to see.

I can see Beverlyjean abi na Billy Jean up there is already lost for words and scratching her head to compose even a scintilla of antithesis to prove why Messi shouldn’t win. Watch how her likes will shout “rigging” even when the results are out for them to see.

The average Penduan would prefer Alvarez, Haaland, Giroud or even Lukaku to win ahead of Messi. cheesy

If this were to be a car, it would be called “End of Discussion”. In Mortal Kombat, it is called Brutality. In Tekken, we call it K.O. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by anonymous1759(m): 12:04am On Jan 16
grin
Barca lost Messi won I’m pleased 😀
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by ThierryJay: 12:23am On Jan 16
Hmm, to be candid, I never experred this.

Since there's a tie, I think this should have gone to Haaland.

The blame is on Fifa though confusing the voters by fixing the voting period to commence from 19th December just a day after the WC ended. This made many of the voters to still consider the WC cos there's no way only Lique 1 trophy and MLS cup will give Messi an edge over someone who won an European treble.

The Fifa award really fell off in its organization. None of the 3 contenders even attended. Ballon D'or has been the real deal for a while now.

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Beverlyjean(f): 12:41am On Jan 16
Kojochyke:

Messi n Haaland got equal votes... Wen this happens, according to FIFA, a tie breaker is used.
The person with d higher votes from his fellow footballers (in this case captains) wins.

Still nonsense....he doesn't even deserve to be among top 30... he did nothing last year.... Rodri, debryna , halaand , vinicious , Bellingham, salah , saka , odengaard , son , alvarez , mbappe , kane , oshimhen, leao, karashnikrevas, Gavi , Gudungan, benzema , martinez( inter) , bernando silva , grealish, Ronaldo, all performed better last year
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Beverlyjean(f): 12:44am On Jan 16
ThierryJay:
Hmm, to be candid, I never experred this.

Since there's a tie, I think this should have gone to Haaland.

The blame is on Fifa though confusing the voters by fixing the voting period to commence from 19th December just a day after the WC ended. This made many of the voters to still consider the WC cos there's no way only Lique 1 trophy and MLS cup will give Messi an edge over someone who won an European treble.

The Fifa award really fell off in its organization. None of the 3 contenders even attended. Ballon D'or has been the real deal for a while now.

But the Argentine coach that won the world cup wasn't even nominated for coach of the year....

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by tuzle(m): 1:06am On Jan 16
Can someone pls explain to me how Messi won it this year. Yes Messi is an all time great but what criteria did they use to award him this year? The fact that Messi and haaland had the same point but they still game Messi imagine robbery.

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by tuzle(m): 1:08am On Jan 16
Kojochyke:

fifa created the rule yesterday so Messi can win it, why does captain as to be the tie breaker because they want Messi to win it. Be sincere with ursefl what did Messi do last year to deserve fifa the best? Only deluded Messi supporters will support this robbery and try to give reason why he won it.
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by tuzle(m): 1:13am On Jan 16
Indigbo:

Messi didn't deserve this award since fifa the best is for best performer of 2023 which Messi wasn't among. If not Argentina coach should have been the best coach, mertinez best keeper. All because they want to give Messi award they made captain the tie break. Why not coaches? Blind fans want to tell me Messi did better than haaland in 2023 abi. Next year they will give him fifa best again and till point back to the world cup that was 2022.
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Teejaney88(m): 5:53am On Jan 16
Maybe the people giving these awards think that our skulls are filled with cow dung or something...😕
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by obonujoker(m): 6:01am On Jan 16
Kojochyke:

Ronaldo already has 5 each... Nothing to worry about
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Ajiboye592(m): 6:45am On Jan 16
The only real G.O.A.T, wink wink

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by yinkabeauty: 9:42am On Jan 16
Messi won on tie - breakers , he and Halaand were tied on 48 points but Messi won because his votes came more from team captains and fans , so says the report, while that of Halaand came from managers.

The rule has been there even before the award.

Congratulations to the winner, anyway i.e
Lionel Messi.

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by EmperorTolson: 10:44am On Jan 16
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Kojochyke(m): 11:13am On Jan 16
Beverlyjean:

Still nonsense....he doesn't even deserve to be among top 30... he did nothing last year.... Rodri, debryna , halaand , vinicious , Bellingham, salah , saka , odengaard , son , alvarez , mbappe , kane , oshimhen, leao, karashnikrevas, Gavi , Gudungan, benzema , martinez( inter) , bernando silva , grealish, Ronaldo, all performed better last year
Bla bla bla... Tell me abt their national team games last year...
U think it is all abt club club club...

Combine their club n national games, then retweet.
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Kojochyke(m): 11:23am On Jan 16
tuzle:
fifa created the rule yesterday so Messi can win it, why does captain as to be the tie breaker because they want Messi to win it. Be sincere with ursefl what did Messi do last year to deserve fifa the best? Only deluded Messi supporters will support this robbery and try to give reason why he won it.
Wonderful... U wen nor dey deluded but dumb.
They have posted their reasons, u dey insult everybody... Go n beat the captains na. U want Haaland to win only based on club games n tap ins...
People like u will say Nigeria is bigger than Africa, meanwhile it is inside Africa. King deluded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Kojochyke(m): 11:24am On Jan 16
obonujoker:

Ronaldo already has 5 each... Nothing to worry about
Na Messi nor get any one
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Beverlyjean(f): 11:25am On Jan 16
Kojochyke:
Bla bla bla... Tell me abt their national team games last year...
U think it is all abt club club club...

Combine their club n national games, then retweet.

What did he do with national team last year that others dint surpass....

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Kojochyke(m): 11:28am On Jan 16
Beverlyjean:

What did he do with national team last year that others dint surpass....
Shebi na u wan do investigation?
Go n watch all the games.. Don't get tired, watch all their games, then come back to tell us d one that gave u more joy..
if u lie, u r a sadist
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by tuzle(m): 11:35am On Jan 16
Kojochyke:
Wonderful... U wen nor dey deluded but dumb.
They have posted their reasons, u dey insult everybody... Go n beat the captains na. U want Haaland to win only based on club games n tap ins...
People like u will say Nigeria is bigger than Africa, meanwhile it is inside Africa. King deluded.
u are the dumb one, show me where are insulted anyone in my post. Don't mention me again
Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Beverlyjean(f): 11:48am On Jan 16
Kojochyke:
Shebi na u wan do investigation?
Go n watch all the games.. Don't get tired, watch all their games, then come back to tell us d one that gave u more joy..
if u lie, u r a sadist

Cos u know u are defending total crap... what did he do with his national team that was exceptional last year...nothing ... and u know it.. but instead u decided to be delusional

1 Like

Re: Leo Messi Does It Again by Indigbo: 12:26pm On Jan 16
The envy, jealous, bias and shame won't let the mod push this to the front page because it's King Messi Lol grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senior Man Iheanacho. I See Ya Penarity Ooo. Gangsta / Guinea Cautiously Optimistic Against Ghana / Where Do We Go From Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.