Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,389 members, 7,954,567 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:38 PM

Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? (15669 Views)

Leo Messi Does It Again / Messi Does Not Deserve Argentina Criticism- Aguero / Asisat Oshoala Resumes Training With The Barcelona Team. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by ddippset(m): 7:51am On Feb 24, 2021
obembet:

To be honest Messi coming to City is not a good idea!!! City have all the quality players to win champions league trophy.

Lalasticlala
Let them win it na.

Haven't we been saying that about City for the past 6 years?

No be only ingredients na spice.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Beverlyjean(f): 7:53am On Feb 24, 2021
obembet:

To be honest Messi coming to City is not a good idea!!! City have all the quality players to win champions league trophy

Lalasticlala

I will b a foolish move to spend that money on a 34yr old...better they invest in players like haaland mbappe or neymar , even Lewandowski...Lewandowski will b more effective as he will replace aguero and he will guarantee city at least 40-50 goals a season... and it will just not cost them upto 200m( transfer fees and 4 yr salary) ..mbappe and haaland will still give city another 10yrs of their explosive career and will most likely hv a chance of winning the CL that they mostly desire than a Messi that somehow hv lost the way to inspire a team to CL final ... besides, in England, a 35 yr old will find it difficult due to the high intensity of the game .... any player coming from la liga now is weak cos that league has really declined
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Neowanskywalker: 7:57am On Feb 24, 2021
Messi is dead and gone
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Beverlyjean(f): 7:59am On Feb 24, 2021
paulolee:
messi is welcomed to EPL and I would love it if he chooses the EPL over PSG bcoz I want to see him play English football..
I dnt see any club stopping city with messi in the EPL and they would have a big chance playing in the UCL with messi because leo have won it 4 times and the pkayers needs his experience and dts the gamble juve did with cr7..
but city would b different bcox pep knew messi and understand how best to use him, leo can play all wings and it would be nice having double playmakers in leo and de bryne...

Unfortunately iniesta Alves and xavi have all retired
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by mywells: 8:14am On Feb 24, 2021
He should try and come to Arsenal and retired there,there no trophy except world cup he has not lay his hands on,he should emulate CR7.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Mayordanny: 8:29am On Feb 24, 2021
Mancity missed alot of penalties this season, they probably need Pessi
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Kudducini(m): 8:30am On Feb 24, 2021
BigDick70inch:
Does man city need Lionel Messi NO!!!!NOT ATALL...
Juventus also didn't need CR7 until the realized they need to win the UCL
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Kudducini(m): 8:32am On Feb 24, 2021
[quote author=Mayordanny post=99371283]Mancity missed alot of penalties this season, they probably need Pessi[/quote

They've won about 15 matches so far did they win all those matches with penalties?
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Ayo2004: 8:44am On Feb 24, 2021
mansakhalifa:
I said it here:

He is going to come the EPL thinking that it is anything like what obtains over in Spain. But then, at some point, he is definitely going to realise that the EPL, on its own, is a different beast entirely. Untamable.

To be honest, considering his age and other factors, I do not see him doing any sort of magic in the Premier League.

The only advantage that can come out of such a transaction is purely of the financial kind. City will definitely make loads of bucks from signing that guy for sure. Think about all the branding, sponsorships and merchandising that could possibly follow a player of that calibre to the Etihad to start with. They won't even have to stress themselves.

But on the field of play... sorry, I don't see him doing anything special cos the factors in the EPL will curb quite a number of his excesses.

Just my stray thoughts.

Yes na because messi is coming to play against the best defenders in the world:Lord Maguire,Rudiger and The best defensive team in the world, Arsenal,I also forgot he will be playing against Tottenham who just recently won the sextuple,liverpool who has won the most champions league and leicester who are unbeaten for 250 games,also,he has to compete for golden shoe with lord lingardinho and bruno who has been scoring 20+ goals for the last 10years and salah who scored 92goals in a calendar year

You people and your epl hype sha,same epl that small boys like bruno,bamford and aubameyang are dominating is where messi will flop,u be clown,aswr

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by eskorelvis: 8:46am On Feb 24, 2021
Numerouno94:

They hv all d quality players to win the champions league trophy, yet dey hv not done so for years now under Pep. Messi might jux b dat genius nd added experience dey need to achieve dat.
lol, indeed. you're referring to someone who hasn't tasted champions league glory in more than 5 yrs now
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Brunicekid(m): 9:24am On Feb 24, 2021
Mayordanny:
Mancity missed alot of penalties this season, they probably need Pessi
*Messi, not Pessi.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by martineverest(m): 10:02am On Feb 24, 2021
Angelfrost:

Pep is a coach who got the right players he required...

Messi is a player. Different ball game entirely... EPL will finish him off!!!
but Messi has scored against EPL clubs in UCL than any other clubs.....these EPL clubs are too ranked clubs.

imagine if he met clubs like Fulham and co.....if aguero,David Silva,Diego Costa they were average in la Liga could excel,why won't Messi excel?

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by DimIsaac10(m): 10:20am On Feb 24, 2021
If Messi enter city today, Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Tottenham, Everton etc secret lovers of Messi go dump their clubs and join city...
33 or not, he is a great adding to any team in the whole world. He can dribble, pass, assist, score.... He is just too good.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 24, 2021
Epl is the most overhyped league in the world...Messi would just further expose the farmer’s league just like Guardiola has been doing...

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by jelel6: 10:37am On Feb 24, 2021
Ayo2004:

Yes na because messi is coming to play against the best defenders in the world:Lord Maguire,Rudiger and The best defensive team in the world, Arsenal,I also forgot he will be playing against Tottenham who just recently won the sextuple,liverpool who has won the most champions league and leicester who are unbeaten for 250 games,also,he has to compete for golden shoe with lord lingardinho and bruno who has been scoring 20+ goals for the last 10years and salah who scored 92goals in a calendar year

You people and your epl hype sha,same epl that small boys like bruno,bamford and aubameyang are dominating is where messi will flop,u be clown,aswr

Thank you abeg for schooling them fanboys. The best player in the world would struggle where players like Saka, Foden, Grealish, Ings, and the likes are shining? Very funny.

If Messi goes to Man City he'd break the EPL scoring record which still stands at 32 for a season.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by CITEH: 10:38am On Feb 24, 2021
Ayo2004:

grin grin grin

They never learn. Their minds are so fixated on a particular narrative fed to them by the English media, so much that even with glaring facts, they still choose to wallow in delusion. cheesy

I remember when Pep first came, the noise was too much. The stories of how he will run after two seasons, how tiki taka won't work in the almighty Epl, how he's a Spanish fraud grin grin

Sometimes I wonder if it's not the same Epl we all watch. The Epl with mediocre teams that can not string passes together.

Before Pep came only Arsenal tries to play the passing game. Now everyone wants to play out from the back grin grin

If Messi comes, he will lift the bar like Pep did and score a number of goals never seen before in a single season in the Epl.

Who's good is good.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by jelel6: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2021
Well, Specifically, Man City don't need Messi if I'm to answer the question. In my opinion, they have a squad of players that are the most talented in the world and all at a good age.

They don't need Messi to win the EPL, they have already proven that and will do so again this year. Even the champions league, they have a competitive squad that can win any single match against any opponent they'll meet in the champions League. The only reason they haven't won it recently is because the margins of error in these games are very small since it's a two-legged game against formidable opponents. Yesterday, Atletico could have score Chelsea by a single defensive error and won 1-nil and nobody would be surprised. Playing better is doesn't mean scoring more. City have the squad to keep on challenging for it year on year. The year Chelsea won it, they well shiit quality wise and finish in Sixth.

However, Messi to City makes ALL the sense in the world. They will be mad not to sign him instead of anyone if they have the chance. I don't see how a player like Haaland improves City. He's a goal scorer and that's it. I don't think Man City ever have a problem scoring goals apart from Pep's first season they.

Messi is more than goals. Messi will give City the X-factor. Haaland or Mbappe won't automatically be the best player in that team.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by KingDash: 11:59am On Feb 24, 2021
the real messi don dey show... them carry best player dey give am anyhow. make my PSG catch them second leg first.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by KingDash: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2021
DimIsaac10:
If Messi enter city today, Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Tottenham, Everton etc secret lovers of Messi go dump their clubs and join city...
33 or not, he is a great adding to any team in the whole world. He can dribble, pass, assist, score.... He is just too good.
8-2 agree with you on this.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Numerouno94(m): 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
mansakhalifa:
I said it here:

He is going to come the EPL thinking that it is anything like what obtains over in Spain. But then, at some point, he is definitely going to realise that the EPL, on its own, is a different beast entirely. Untamable.

To be honest, considering his age and other factors, I do not see him doing any sort of magic in the Premier League.

The only advantage that can come out of such a transaction is purely of the financial kind. City will definitely make loads of bucks from signing that guy for sure. Think about all the branding, sponsorships and merchandising that could possibly follow a player of that calibre to the Etihad to start with. They won't even have to stress themselves.

But on the field of play... sorry, I don't see him doing anything special cos the factors in the EPL will curb quite a number of his excesses.

Just my stray thoughts.

The way u guys overhype EPL one will tink its rugby dey play over there.

Aside Ronaldo nd Suarez can u give me a list of oda players dat left EPL for LALIGA nd hv bn doin well?

If Laliga was dat cheap i guess some epl best players who left for spain wuld hv bn balling to high heavens..

Lets stop dis overhyping, no league is cheap nor easy.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by uunwanaobong3: 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2021
Does mancity need messi? Which kind stupid question be this!

Mancity need messi, Haaland, Alaba, and Ndidi......nonesense
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Numerouno94(m): 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
Angelfrost:

Calm down oga... Don't allow your awe of Messi becloud judgements! grin

The guy is good, but he is no where near the sterling quality he was years ago. Age has taken its toll.

He will probably do well enough, but EPL defensive players will have no headaches neutralizing him. This is as clear as day.

U tink Laliga is cheap right?

Ok it's cheap, buh why has ur ex epl best Hazard who Hazardiously destroyed these ur so called rugby epl defenders week in week out bn struggling at Laliga? Abi shuld we discuss ex Liverpools best Coutinho? Wat abt ex Tottenhams best Bale?

Same epl where some so called big guns done chop basket full of goals in a single game dis season wit ur self acclaimed "rugby defenders" being present.

Abeg u guys shuld stop overhying epl. Its actually nauseating.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Kilishihunter: 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
Beverlyjean:

I will b a foolish move to spend that money on a 34yr old...better they invest in players like haaland mbappe or neymar , even Lewandowski...Lewandowski will b more effective as he will replace aguero and he will guarantee city at least 40-50 goals a season... and it will just not cost them upto 200m( transfer fees and 4 yr salary) ..mbappe and haaland will still give city another 10yrs of their explosive career and will most likely hv a chance of winning the CL that they mostly desire than a Messi that somehow hv lost the way to inspire a team to CL final ... besides, in England, a 35 yr old will find it difficult due to the high intensity of the game .... any player coming from la liga now is weak cos that league has really declined
Your hate for Messi will kill you Las Las Even me that's his fan doesn't loathe CR7 as half as you do to Messi How old was Zlatan when he scored 17 goals in the EPL How old was vardy when he was the EPL highest goal scorer last season What about Alan shearer during his last days in Newcastle In fact how old is Lewandowski that he would guarantee the 40-50 goals that he didn't guarantee in a relatively easier league called the bundesliga You reason backward In fact you are the most illogical Ronaldo fan I've ever come across Some of epl's best players called hazard coutinho and bale flopped in a declined la liga league Chai guy how do you reason sef Even if Messi doesn't score up to 10 epl goals in a season he'll be a great addition to the city squad even though we know they are already strong because he can also pass, assist and dribble alongside his goal scoring attributes And which mumu intensity all he needs to do is to do his attacking plays as he usually does The dm cms and the defenders would handle the opponents intensity for him And as for the financial aspect the revenue Messi would generate for them in advertisements jersey sales endorsements and the others would more than cover double for his salary This envy for a man who has achieved so much and is still achieving more greatness is what will eat you up Argue with facts not emotions You this man

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Numerouno94(m): 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
eskorelvis:

lol, indeed. you're referring to someone who hasn't tasted champions league glory in more than 5 yrs now

Atleast his gat 4 while City gat non. Dats not even d point.

My point is Messi is a genius nd an experienced player. City lacks dat experience at champoins league level, even though they gat a fine squad. Now, an experienced Messi + dat beautiful squad in City can give dem an edge at d championships league level. He might b dat genius City needs to spice up dia championships league life.

I'm not sayin A Messi in City will automatically guarantee dem d champions league trophy.
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by DenreleDave(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Just like juventus never needed Ronaldo if not for Ucl... Without Ucl, Ronaldo is useless in juventus
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by Kilishihunter: 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2021
DenreleDave:

Just like juventus never needed Ronaldo if not for Ucl... Without Ucl, Ronaldo is useless in juventus
Leave him Let him be shouting Messi hasn't won UCL in 5 yrs when the person juve signed to win UCL hasn't even gone past the quarter-finals cheesy
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by DimIsaac10(m): 4:02am On Feb 25, 2021
KingDash:
8-2 agree with you on this.
Its stale
Re: Lionel Messi: Does Man City Really Need The Barcelona Star? by oyatainer(m): 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2021
mansakhalifa:
I said it here:

Just my stray thoughts.

mm That's very myopic of you! How many players have come from la liga to England to flop? Aguaero, David Siva, Juan Màtá and lot more came to England and shine even not as elite but as averagely good players unlike Hleb, Fabregas, Coutinho, Songs, Henry, Diara, Essien that couldn't replicate their Premier league form in Spain.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ini Umotong Signed By Brighton Hove Albion / Football Pools Fixtures For Week 22 And 23 Released / Timo Werner Says Lampard Was The Main Attraction For Him At Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.