Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today (31824 Views)

IPOB Order: Food, Cattle Dealers Mull Fresh Blockade In South-east / Northern Food And Cattle Dealers Threaten To Stop Food Supply Nationwide / DSS Invites Cattle Dealers Over Food Blockade Of South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Onuoha1234(m): 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2021
Good show.Hold tight to your strike so that the South will embark on agriculture with Immediate alacrity. If they want Suya then they will have to go to Abuja to buy the chop and the North will be richer for it.It is all peaceful no Wahala.I endorse completely the dismantling of all so-called check points to rob innocent labourers looking for just one meal a day.Carry on full blast to make your struggles fruitful
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Igahbarr: 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2021
May this strike be permanent (Amen)
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Mrpojj(m): 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2021
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by scholes0(m): 1:23pm On Feb 25, 2021
Mrbillionaire:

I'd prefer goat rearing. Let me research.

And goats can be raised in large number across the south without any major issues.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by King44(m): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
The odds is against them on the long run but it might bite the south at first but after some time they would end up begging and doing give away with it.

It better they keep their cows and food up there.... We go see who go suffer am on a long run.

I pity the genuine farmers cos of storage and losses....

Plus... Rain never fall... Lol
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by King44(m): 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2021
scholes0:

And goats can be raised in large number across the south without any major issues.
I wish they could place a ban on it forever... So people who want to invest in live stocks and farming can do so in peace
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by sharpwriter(m): 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
I don dey miss suya

Make I buy and enjoy enough suya this night because I nor know when them go call off strike..

Baba, no be only beef dem dey take do suya o... Chicken suya dey, even bushmeat suya grin

As realnigga wey you be, you fit order am or grill chicken yourself na.... More hygienic than the so called aboki suya.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Akpuobi1: 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2021
Is a welcome development

There are a lot of better alternatives than using cattle to constitute a nuisance in the country.

If these alternatives cannot be adopted by these private business owners, Instead of more deaths, a strike is better.

Necessity is the mother of invention, hence, let us even explore other substitutes for beef.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by King44(m): 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2021
Igbochief001:

Firstly cow is half the price in Ghana and togo , tomatoes can be gotten from benue ( they know they can't try such rubbish in benue ) cameroon ....beans from Benin republic

Now the question is if Southerners refuse to buy from north ...who would they sale to ?

LMAO in this global economy the buyer have all the power oga
they will sell to the brothers in Niger and Mali.... Who do not having the purchasing power and population.... I swear they want to create poverty in abundance up north
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by King44(m): 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

You have no enough Land to do so as you always Claimed.
who told you... Do you know how many lands that are unutilized down here?...

I think we are too lazy down here cos we have the money to keep purchasing and that is why their guts got bigger
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 25, 2021
[s]
Kingdemmu:
2021 will be bad for majority of the people in southern Nigeria. I smell an unprecedented level of hunger if they don't pacify the northerners. From dealers of perishables to now cattle dealers. If dealers of grains should also embark on strike hunger go kill some people soon.
[/s]
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by King44(m): 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2021
osuofia2:
the south depends on the North for survival
Technically no, cos the north is in this same country so no trade barriers if the borders are opened up... You would be surprised.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Optional09: 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2021
BareFacedLies:
This means prices of food stuff will go up soon sad

Start planting pepper nd tomato’s in your yard. start today, I fan you start today every Southerners should plant pepper and tomatoes in their yard l, by the time they come back from their stupid strike, market will be slow for them.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by faste: 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

You have no enough Land to do so as you always Claimed.
Fool!Japanno get land but they still farm.Open ya eye wella,na modern age we dey.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by lexy2014: 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kingdemmu:
2021 will be bad for majority of the people in southern Nigeria. I smell an unprecedented level of hunger if they don't pacify the northerners. From dealers of perishables to now cattle dealers. If dealers of grains should also embark on strike hunger go kill some people soon.

What exactly are d cattle rearers demanding pacification for?
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by NEIGHBOUR(m): 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kingdemmu:

You are just evil in ur thoughts. Foodstuff prices will only increase for sometimes. Everybody will look for substitutes.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Owologbo(m): 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kingdemmu:
Rubbish. They should go on strike indefinitely.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by berryPee(m): 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
Whoever made the following statement is a CAPITAL MuMu
AUFCDN, an affiliate of Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) had on Sunday at a press briefing said the union was demanding protection of its members, payment of N475 billion compensation for lives of members and properties lost during the #EndSARS protest and Shasa market chaos.
So the lives of those murdered by Herdsmen is not relevant abi?
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Zane2point4(m): 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kingdemmu:
Unless no be SE o.
Na chicken i deh use for a long time,many of my guys too o.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by ihedioramma: 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
sweetonugbu:
Food consumers association of Nigeria will soon embark on their own strike, if na madness let it be general
Food or cow ? cow consumers want's to stop not strike
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Judybash93(m): 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
This is a very promising development.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by babytoun: 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
Any middlebelt farmer wey join this strike is not wise...

As for cattle herders we too don strike ..keep una meat ..afterall no be free before..
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
Please NEVER EVER CALL OFF THE STRIKE. PLEASE. Good riddance.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2021
Fish and Egg should replace beef na.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2021
Daily trust would be the biggest losers, their newspaper is only good for packing suya
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by VictorUSA(m): 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2021
The Federal Government of Nigeria are always laxed about important things.As if they dont knw why they elected.We pray things get better.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

Your land can't produce almost everything that is supplied from North.

because alot of them need excessive SUN for their nutrition.
zombie sun na nutrition?

All plant need is sunlight, the one in the south is enough, if you even put yam inside house without sun, soil, water it would be germinating on its own
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Ejaisky: 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2021
butterfly777:
Good riddance

We know the masquerade speaking underneath.

The meat we have been eating in Nigeria for some years has become blood meat: meat raised by shedding the blood of innocent hardworking farmers.

It high time we boycott beef, until ranching is embraced the proper way.

So, you have just helped the people to stay off bloody meat.
I do not even eat beef for some years because of those killer herdsmen.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
King44:
they will sell to the brothers in Niger and Mali.... Who do not having the purchasing power and population.... I swear they want to create poverty in abundance up north
Does Niger have money that are running down to northwest?

Aboki agriculture is overrated, they claim to feed the country but their children are the only ones carrying plates looking for dustbin leftovers
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
Daily trust would be the biggest losers, their newspaper is only good for packing suya
lol, this one weak me

1 Like

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by justmondris: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2021
This will open our eyes like Covid19 and after the strike, other states will realize the danger of allowing the northers to be a major supplier of our food and meat and they will wake up and correct this overlooked nonsense. How can we let the northers to be mainly in charge of key things like food, military and power. If there is any form of war in the future, they we win the war by starving us to death. I am not praying for war but i think this is an important thing we need to be worried about . Compensate you for killing people for fun?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protest At INEC Office In Edo. Police Repel Protesters With Tear Gas (Pics) / N15 Billion Almajiri Schools Abandoned In Ruins / Woman Narrates How She Gave Birth While In Boko Haram Captivity ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.