Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Importance Of Helping Others - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Importance Of Helping Others (5822 Views)

Using Someone Else's Phone: The Importance Of Adhering To Islamic Guidelines / The Importance Of Saying "In Shā Allah إن شاء الله" / Islamic View On Husband Helping His Wife With House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Helping Others by Realismailakabir: 1:23am On Feb 26, 2021
Helping each other is a way to overcome grief that we may experience, and it can empower us in our worship to Allah. One of the greatest human beings to walk the earth and who was also the best example of compassion and kindness in human form, was the Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wa sallam). He said:

“Whoever relieves a believer’s distress of the distressful aspects of this world, Allah will rescue him from a difficulty of the difficulties of the Hereafter. Whoever alleviates [the situation of] one in dire straits who cannot repay his debt, Allah will alleviate his lot in both this world and in the Hereafter. Whoever conceals [the faults of] a Muslim, Allah will conceal [his faults] in this life and the Hereafter. (Muslim)

1. Be Kind to Others

“O Aisha, Allah is gentle and He loves gentleness. He rewards for gentleness what is not granted for harshness and He does not reward anything else like it.” (Muslim).

It is important to remember that in our daily lives, we will encounter many people and we are not always aware of what storm they may be going through, The simple act of being kind can sometimes be life-changing to someone. One of the ways this can be done is through exchanging positive conversation or even simply smiling at someone.

2. Initiate the Salaam

Spread the salaam, it increases love between believers and reminds us that we are all in need of Allah’s peace and blessings in our lives. Do this with people whom you know and whom you do not know, as long as it is gender appropriate, there is a great virtue in this.

“You will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you about something which, if you do it, you will love one another? Spread salaam amongst yourselves.” (Muslim)

3. Make Du’a for Others in Private

When you make du’a for someone in private, Allah sends an angel to you whom replies “Ameen and same to you”. If you help someone, Allah helps you. Supplicating for someone is a beautiful way to aide your fellow believer.

4. Ask Them What They are Struggling with and Find Ways to Assist Them

Often times, people struggle and we are left wondering what the person is going through. If you just ask, it will help you to help them sooner and give the person clarity when they speak about their issue aloud. There is a wonderful story from the life of Abu Bakr (RA) who would visit a blind elderly woman and take care of her chores and household duties. She was unware of who he was and he kept his deeds private, as it was only discovered and relayed by another companion when he witnessed this.

5. Give in Charity

“Protect yourself from hell-fire even by giving a piece of date as charity.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

https://awakenthedeenwithin.com/the-importance-of-helping-others/

8 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by Queenlovely(f): 9:32am On Mar 12, 2021
Every man for himself, damn

let us not encourage poverty mentality. let us use our brain

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by blazepascal(m): 9:33am On Mar 12, 2021
some beggars can be annoying they keep pressuring you to give them money.. wait is it by force I don't just get it. I was in a bus the other time and this beggar came to me he was begging me money but I didn't have any cash at that moment. he kept begging me infact I was uncomfortable, although I had signaled him that I didn't have any money he kept on begging. I was infuriated that I came down from the bus and entered another one.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:35am On Mar 12, 2021
This is why we have company Almajiris in the North.
Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by merits(m): 9:40am On Mar 12, 2021
Jazakum lahi airan

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by gnykelly(m): 9:41am On Mar 12, 2021
we don't feel much government harsh policies because in africa. we help each others. if it was in western culture that glorifies individualism. wah ala for dey

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by Techreliance(m): 9:42am On Mar 12, 2021
[quote author=Realismailakabir post=99423869]

https://awakenthedeenwithin.com/the-importance-of-helping-others/[/quote

Ma Sha Allah Barokallau feekum]

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by Yusfunoble(m): 9:44am On Mar 12, 2021
Queenlovely:
Every man for himself, damn

let us not encourage poverty mentality. let us use our brain

All you time here on earth, you’ve never asked or received any form of help from others?

3 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by LoudLord(m): 9:44am On Mar 12, 2021
SHM
Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by Queenlovely(f): 9:48am On Mar 12, 2021
Yusfunoble:

All you time here on earth, you’ve never asked or received any form of help from others?

like Almajirii system beggers

no

but regular help me please, I do that

I believe in mutual helping hands
Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by jimmyolasun: 9:50am On Mar 12, 2021
BOOM!!

Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by dake40(m): 10:22am On Mar 12, 2021
Helping people isn't the problem

It's when they get entitled to it, making it your responsibility

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Helping Others by Aremynart: 10:33am On Mar 12, 2021
Nice. Jazakumullahu khairan

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan Is Here, Matters Arising / Celebrating Eid-Ul-Fitr: Lessons And Purposes / The Traits Of A True Islamic Cleric!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.