Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (480 Views)

Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? / Why Are Guys Losing Interest In Settling Down? / Losing Interest In My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by earlalright(m): 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2021
Whitney Michelle asked on Rant HQ on Facebook:

"Why are men loosing (sic) interest in settling down?"

And I attempted a response thus:

Simple; men have lost faith in marriage. Marriage now seems to be a tool through which women and society uses them. They no longer see any special or unique benefit which marriage offers them.

I say this often that if Christians (and other religions) can have holy sex outside marriage, most men will never marry because we have not made them see any benefit in getting married apart from sex (which many are still not getting sufficiently sef). This applies to women too. However, we all know that women enjoy more social and economic benefits and security through marriage than men do.

The question is, what does marriage have to offer a man? What are the special benefits this union will bring him that he cannot get being single?

He would face the bills and stress and may suffer divorce and lose everything to the woman. He may train all the kids and later discover it was all a paternity fraud. "We" have bastardized marriage so badly that mehn, although marriage is sweet and awesome like my own, many do not have sufficient good examples of marriages out there around them to want one.

So, these men are asking what marriage has to offer a man and unfortunately, most people are not bothering to answer them; they are rather attacking them for being selfish, self-centered, stingy and the likes.

Worse, marriage (the cost of having and running a family) is now too expensive (and this is caused by the world economy and societal value systems of what and who a man must be to his woman and kids). So, he wants to hammer so that he can make money and have the respect of a woman and be able to handle the bills that come with being a husband and daddy. Yet, the world economy is against him.

Until we make him feel that he has a lot to gain through marriage, he would always think that marriage is what women and society use in scamming him.

So, let me ask you, what does marriage have to offer a man beneficially?

My name is Earl, and I am Alright.

You can chat me up on whatsapp
+2348125086798 www./ChatEarlAlright

You can see my Youtube videos at www./AlrightsPassionLive

#DivorceLawyer #FamilyLawyer #LawyerCounsellor

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by habsydiamond(m): 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2021
It's simply..... Because most of the ladies out there don't possess the qualities expected of a good wife... Some can't cook, some are dirty, some lack manners, some will frustrate the evil out of you, some can even end up kill u, so, the best thing is to fast for 40days and night after u will see a good woman no be olosho o wey God don destined for u... Bye for now

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Redoil: 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
men have lost faith in marriage. Marriage now seems to be a tool through which women and society uses them. They no longer see any special or unique benefit which marriage offers them.

He would face the bills and stress and may suffer divorce and lose everything to the woman. He may train all the kids and later discover it was all a paternity fraud. "We" have bastardized marriage so badly that mehn,

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
I still believe in marriage.
I also believe in flying horses and Jack and the Beanstalk.

Since the punna is all they have been taught to offer they should take it with them to heaven. Everything on your head. Upon all they will still misbehave. Ogbeni. Give me a hardworking lady I will wife her instantly. We also need security nitori oloun.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Mide3367: 12:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
Go and read a https://www.zikoko.com/man/9-nigerian-men-share-why-they-regret-getting-married/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email and see reasons men no wan marry again. It so scary. Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2021
Nigeria's Economy Is Now Really Bad. Money Is Now Hard To Get Compared To D Past. Marriage Expenses Is Very High Too.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

xx / I Want To Get A Sugar Mummy Or A Rich Girl, link me up, connect me some / 50 Days Left To Live Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.