Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? (44984 Views)

UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants / How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by ajl: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Cybercop2002: 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2021
Your story is very motivating and inspiring sir,i really pray for you to progress more and more and more to be among those that give our lost country go name abroad. I have try my possible best to move out of this country for make a better live for me and my family but money hindered me,no one can tell how the country is hitting me like hell i earn #15,000 monthly and spend #6,000 on transport fare how much is left to eat and save no money to go to school and even schooling in naija ain't worth it ,i believe i still have a better future ahead of me that is y am brushing my it skill to build a project,sir pls i beg you in the name of Jehovah pls sponsor me abroad sir i will pay you later with interest or i can work if you start of entry level job for certain time you and i will agree upon ,sir pls help me in any way pls don't let my life ruin save my kid am just 19 years old i can work for u am a business oriented sir not workaholic sir,my skill are tailoring and am learning to code
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by WhyNa: 3:13pm On Mar 11, 2021
emperorblog21:

Followed your thread a while during the lockdown and it interesting, buh I thought u can’t get a teaching job while schooling in Vietnam

You can get part time jobs

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Sterope(f): 3:13pm On Mar 11, 2021
There are some calculations I don't understand here at all
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Powersurge: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2021
Bvlgari:

bro i think the best thing for u to say is, this is what and what i can do as my handwork or this is my CV or this is the business i am looking forward to start...this way i can help u better...instead of just gifting you money that i dont know whether u wanna use it to carry olosho or drink beer and isiewu or play bet9ja

Bro you can help me by investing in my cosmetic production business. We launch out last month. The company is a registered one. You can contact me at greatmaxon@gmail.com fpr detailes.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2021
signature2012:

Isn't this too much for monthly expenses?If you spend this in a month,you have to net atleast $10k monthly.

Yup. I know in the UK, family of 5 total, you need to be taking home at leats about £7k monthly to feel comfortable, put small savings away plus small flex
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Cybercop2002: 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2021
Cybercop2002:
Your story is very motivating and inspiring sir,i really pray for you to progress more and more and more to be among those that give our lost country go name abroad. I have try my possible best to move out of this country for make a better live for me and my family but money hindered me,no one can tell how the country is hitting me like hell i earn #15,000 monthly and spend #6,000 on transport fare how much is left to eat and save no money to go to school and even schooling in naija ain't worth it ,i believe i still have a better future ahead of me that is y am brushing my it skill to build a project,sir pls i beg you in the name of Jehovah pls sponsor me abroad sir i will pay you later with interest or i can work if you start of entry level job for certain time you and i will agree upon ,sir pls help me in any way pls don't let my life ruin save my kid am just 19 years old i can work for u am a business oriented sir not workaholic sir,my skill are tailoring and am learning to code
pls don't ignore me my future is running out of time,hoping the country will get better but get worse pls help help we are living in jeopardy and going true emotional and mentally depression, i am trying my best but salary ain't worth it #1,000 per day as of now am not going to work because of water scarcity and high t fare yesterday i slept outside cause of heat no light pls assist me don't let me continue this suffering am not a lazy boy pls help in any way.i wanna leave the country so i won't perish but i shall exist cause i know many of my mate who have turn cults and agbero by fate pls help help don't ignore me
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by WhyNa: 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2021
Powersurge:

Bro you can help me by investing in my cosmetic production business. We launch out last month. The company is a registered one. You can contact me at greatmaxon@gmail.com fpr detailes.

If you need bone straight hair and all kinds or original human hair at wholesale price, let's talk

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by gonkin(m): 3:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
Solatium:

It's when you don't hold a job with longer hour's you look for a second one.
40hrs a week is the ideal when the rate is good,but 60hrs a week will sustain you

I work in nigeria 65hrs a week and my pay is less than $225
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by IjeBos(m): 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2021
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2021
Bvlgari:

there are local markets but i mostly go there to get meat and other stuffs but not everytime, maybe once in 3 months... but as for the supermarket, i go there at least twice monthly or 3 times sef, it depends

my expenditure compare to my income is ok as i still have some extra cash to play around with...am not complaining lol

as for the country, its one of the most beautiful countries in the world but i can see its quite cheap compare to the few canadian monthly spendings above

They asked which country !!! And not description of the country madam

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by WhyNa: 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2021
gonkin:

I work in nigeria 65hrs a week and my pay is less than $225

I know that feeling.

I worked for a company for almost 4 years and I made what I now make in 2 and half months.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2021
king1234:
combined as family (spouse + kids)
Somewhere in Canada. Monthly Bills in CAD
Mortgage: $425 per Month (almost paid off thus low)
Property Tax: $350+ per month
Light+Water+Gas: $225
2Phones(cheap phone plans) + Internet+CableTV: $350
Car Insurance(2 cars):$380
Student Loans: $700
Grocery:$480
Fuel for Cars(Total for 2):$250 ($100 in covid)
Public Transport Pass(Total for 2): $320 (0 in covid)
Credit Card/Lines of Credit: $200-$300
School Fees(Private)+Children Activities(swimming, music, summer camps etc.):$2700+
clothing, toys, chop life: ~$250+
2 Cars: Paid off
Retirement /Investment Account: 10% of income

Total:$6500+

This thread sha grin see money people use for housing and upkeep abroad meanwhile, me dey Niger State looking for every means to raise 180k for housing and feeding make i move down to Lagos and start hunting for jobs.

Ego better o. If naa to swim the oceans from Lagos, I go reach abroad one day.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2021
nonen:
Location - Ontario, Canada.
1. House Rent =$2,000 (All Inclusive)
2. Grocery Shopping = $800
3. Communication = $450 (Phones + Home)
4. Car Gas = $250
5. Kid’s School = $80/day
5a. One child is in free public school
5b. Had to home school one child to save $80/day until he can get into public school
6. Miscellaneous =$300
7. Home Remittances =$800

Total = $4,600 monthly
Omo abroad life no easy O
Bro your monthly earnings should be over 10K CAD if not this 4,600k cad I'm seeing life go quick tire person O
May God help us all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2021
jeffdaniel:

Yes, I can break it down.

For a family of 5.

1. Mortgage =$2,500 (ppty tax & insurance included)
2. Grocery Shopping = $900
3. Utility bills (electricity, shaw and mobile phones) = $700
4a 1 Auto loan and insurance = $730, we have 2 cars one is paid off. and one is on loan
4b. Auto Gas = $200 wifey doesn't drive much
5. Day care for the last child= $800/month
6. Miscellaneous =$200

Total = about $ 6000 monthly

African food included in your grocery shopping?
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Dmama1991: 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
plase help me i need a job i studied electrical electrical engineering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by MERCHANDISER: 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2021
Lagos I have to be honest.

House rent 10k

Food : 20k(I cook cheesy )

Transportation: 6k

Internet: 4k

Miscellaneous: 10k

Total 50k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by jeffdaniel(m): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2021
loveymom:

African food included in your grocery shopping?

Yes, that's what we eat most. for me, I only eat plantain and wheat flour as solid.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by hairbyuj(f): 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2021
How much is your income Monthly and what type of job do you do?

IjeBos:
Live Alone
House = $4000
Phone bills for 2 = $100
Home internet/Cable = $200
Groceries = $300
Auto Insurance = $200
Utilities = $400 avg (elec/ water/ gas heat in the winter)
Daycare x 2 = $0
Fuel = $160
Lawn Care = $100
Home insurance = $200

Total is $5,660. doesn't include eating out and household maintenance expenses (cleaners, dry cleaning etc, health insurance, clothing, meals during the day at work, etc. etc.)

Location, big city Northeast USA.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2021
MERCHANDISER:
House rent 10k
Total 50k

House rent 10k ?? can I be your neighbor?
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2021
MERCHANDISER:
House rent 10k
Total 50k

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by ajl: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2021
A Suburb by Houston,, Texas, US (family of 6)

-Home mortgage (5 bedrm): $2554

-Home utilities (Gas, electric.., water, comm. HOA fee): $300

-Internet (Xfinity): $55 (can go up to $90 depending on use)

-Mobile phones: $250

-Groceries: $500

-Car loans (x2): $600

-Car insurance: $190

-Gas for cars: $300

-Health insurance: $150

-Miscellaneous (credit cards/loans, ext. family support etc): $700

Total: $5099

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2021
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Youngzedd(m): 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2021
descarado:

Lord have mercy shocked

That's very expensive.

The Lord is your muscle.

It's Canadian dollar not USD.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by ttoyetade: 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2021
Whats the essence of this post other than showing off and childishness. Peoples circumstances in life are different. We have people at home doing better than those abroad and we have some residing in Western World who are stucked there for years and cannot even feed themselve. We all know those abroad send money home regardless of the country. Even those at home spend more money on their loved ones. We can't be comparing and competing with ourself. This post is highly unnecessary. God can bless anyone regardless of the country you are and your situation can change quickly.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by MERCHANDISER: 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2021
House1411:

It's a single room. self-contained at Iba,Iyano school side,close to lasu

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by IjeBos(m): 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2021
hairbyuj:
How much is your income Monthly and what type of job do you do?

Base ~$23k. Changes based on bonus, etc. BioMedical.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Bvlgari: 3:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
doxijaw:
This thread was super enlightening.

The japa nese crowd need to read the comments of these truthful diasporans.

Let's continue to drop our expenses, will drop mine soon..

The people in Nigeria should also drop theirs for more comparison.

Abeg keep it coming. Thanks and God bless

Thanks...I felt the need for us and definitely Nigerians living back home in 9ja to have just an insight of our lifestyle outta 9ja make dem know say nor be beans lol

E no easy but God is able

Pls drop yours soon

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2021
jeffdaniel:

Yes, that's what we eat most. for me, I only eat plantain and wheat flour as solid.

Makes perfect sense on your grocery spending

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Pegi23(f): 4:03pm On Mar 11, 2021
1: house rent $ 500

2: grocery shopping $ 200

3: electricity $ 45

4: water $ 20

5: internet $100

6: gas $15

7: car fuel $ 80

8: kid school $ 350

7: miscellaneous $ 150

It isn't easy oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Bvlgari: 4:05pm On Mar 11, 2021
Danny6552:

They asked which country !!! And not description of the country madam

I will talk about the country in my next thread...calm down lol and possibly follow me for more updates

And I am not madam... I be guy
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by CryptoRepublic1: 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2021
Where and what kind of house do live in that is 400$?

Over here one bedroom is 1800€ per month.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Driver, Passengers Land In A Ditch While Running Away From Road Officials.Photos / Oshodi Interchange Terminal Opens For Operations / Nigerian Lady Gets U.S. Citizenship After 17 Years Of Waiting. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.