Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Can Someone Take In During Menses? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Someone Take In During Menses? (2326 Views)

10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise / About To Marry But My Menses Has Stopped Flowing / Can Duofem Cause Menses To Flow If Delayed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Take In During Menses? by NGCOM: 10:56am On Jul 06, 2007
There is this incident in my neighbourhood recently. One babe came to inform the fiance that she missed her period. The guy refused to accept it on the basis that he made love to her last during her last menstral period (specifically the 2nd day of the babe's period) The girl on her part confirmed it and said she had never met any other man since then too. The babe is confuse and worried. COULD SM1 TAKE-IN DURING HER MENSES; WHAT ELSE COULE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH A DELAY? Its 4 days now.

Pls doctors and professional advise.
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2007
Yes she could, Eggs are realised during Menstrution and can be fertilised.
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by karlken(m): 11:57am On Jul 06, 2007
Are u sure ur not the one?All the same,eggs are not normally released during menstruation so a woman cannot take in if she has unprotected sex then.Ovulation takes place 14 days from beginning of menst. in a woman with a regular 28day cycle or 14 days to the next menses in others.The uterine linning(endometrium) cannot be receptive to an embryo during ovulation because it is actually being shed.She may have trespassed! wink wink sad sad!
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by karlken(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2007
Less I forget,many factors can delay the menses or make it seize for a long time.She needs a pregnancy test preferably serum(blood).It,s d most sensitive at the early stages.If it's negative,she shld consult a Dr!
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2007
Karl are you a doctor? Because there is a 10% chance of taking in during the menstral period
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by cuteass1(f): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2007
@ topic

I kind of agree with aisha2 here . . yes, everything is possible, absolutely everything - - and no matter how small the chances are, they're there.

So before your friend starts going ballistic, i suggest he be sure of the facts and possibities . . one step in the wrong direction and he'll forever regret it.

What i suggest they do is go to a doctor's, and find out the day and date she took in (thats if she's pregnant, there are chances that she aint) wink

A girl could loose mentration for more than 2 reasons, it could be stress, enviroment, state of mind . . list them (they're several in number), so her mentration might still show up, and if it turns out that she is pregnant, they should be sure of the circumstances that led to it.

It might be his afterall wink wink
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by karlken(m): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2007
Aisha hi!There is no theoritical interpretation/basis of a woman taking in during menses.What is ur source of the 10% probability!Remember that the endometrium is disquamated and admixed with end venous blood as menses.Secondly,the blastocyst implants at a fertile(midcycle,ovulatory phase) endometrium.3rdly peri-menstrual fertility hormonal indices will not support embryogenesis.Please refresh your memory on embryology if you are a practitioner. wink wink.
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by doctorb1(f): 12:56am On Jul 07, 2007
nah wah oh which medical school una go:
@ aisha:
aisha2:

Yes she could, Eggs are realised during Menstrution and can be fertilised.
FSH(follicle stimulation hormone) and LH (luteinizing hormone) are both low during menstruation, how can the egg be released?

@karl ken:
karl ken:

, The uterine linning(endometrium) cannot be receptive to an embryo during ovulation because it is actually being shed.She may have trespassed! wink wink sad sad!
the endometrium is not shed during ovulation!

@NGCOM, your friend should take a chill pill. Yes it is possible but very rare to take in during menstruation. But four days is not enough to conclude that the reason for the absence of menses is pregnancy.Stress, weight loss, pills and some other factors may be the cause. she should go to the doctor's and have a more sensitive test to rule out pregnancy for peace of mind. hope i helped grin
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by karlken(m): 11:36am On Jul 07, 2007
@doctor b.Thanks men.I actually meant during menstruation(end. being shed).it was d printers devil.Where ar u in PH?I dey ph men!We (me and Aisha) attended Akpor grammer school medical school shocked shocked :oWere in in Oxford university?
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by doctorb1(f): 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2007
no, rumokwuta girls medical school wink
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by NGCOM: 10:06am On Jul 09, 2007
Thanks all for your contributions.

I hv done more research on this and found out that its possible but very rare. The few recorded cases is among pple with short cycle.

Above all, the lady in question met a doctor and after medical examination, she was found not to be pregnant. Two days later, the thing started flowing. embarassed
Re: Can Someone Take In During Menses? by spoilt(f): 11:19pm On May 12, 2009
I hate that word menses. so 1962! grin

(1) (Reply)

3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice / The Woman Born Without A Face (viewers Discretion) / How Can Somebody Spot Original Dudu Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.