Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? (10764 Views)

PDP Politicians Take Note: Buhari Didn’t Join PDP When He Couldn’t Beat Them / Amaechi's Deputy,tele Ikuru Concludes Plans To Join PDP / Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by AndreUweh(m): 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2011
Alj Uche:

how

has ohaneze, ibb, OBJ and others probe jonathan for the misuse of funds he committed in power as a governor and even as the current president before he was accepted
The name Ahmed Bola Tinubu is a soiled name in Nigeria. Hence if Fashola probes him, then Nigerians will know that he is not part of Tinunu's mischief and terror. He will be trusted and accepted all over the country.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by ektbear: 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2011
Not sure what Fashola's move in 2015 will be, but he doesn't really need to join the PDP to accomplish his goals (assuming he wants to be president in 2015.) PDP with their zoning isn't the path to that anyway.

And anything less than that (Senator, hell, governor of another state in the SW grin ) he can achieve regardless of his party.

Will be interesting to see what moves he makes.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by ektbear: 7:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
Really, Fashola should be rooting for a Buhari victory now. GEJ winning now and the PDP remaining strong blocks southerners from picking up again after GEJs term. . . unfortunately undecided
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Moves: 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2011
Whats all the hype about; Lets wait till atleast 2014 to start making connotations; for all we know fashola 2nd term maybe a disaster; Let him deliver on the Six lanes lagos badagry express; the Light Railway; if not 4th mainlain bridge atleast extend Mile 12- Ikorodu road to Four lanes whilst maintain similar of service delivery in other areas as obtainable presently, then we can talk; The above list project will show that he was able to conquer atleast the transportation monster facing lagos state. IMO
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 11, 2011
No be beans! Dont think the guy get liver for such a move. Theres too much money, much mega corruption, in this mega city of ours and attempt like that will expose mega can of worms!
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Beaf: 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2011
Moves:

Whats all the hype about; Lets wait till atleast 2014 to start making connotations; for all we know fashola 2nd term maybe a disaster; Let him deliver on the Six lanes lagos badagry express; the Light Railway; if not 4th mainlain bridge atleast extend Mile 12- Ikorodu road to Four lanes whilst maintain similar of service delivery in other areas as obtainable presently, then we can talk; The above list project will show that he was able to conquer atleast the transportation monster facing lagos state. IMO

I doubt his 2nd term would be a disaster, he's already proven his mettle.
There are a few others in his class like Akpabio, Sule Lamido, Sullivan Chime and Ameachi; all of these men need to serve in bigger roles outside the confines of their state.

BTW, some of the projects you've mentioned are federal and others canot be completed in 4 years, so you're setting the bar a bit too high.

Timehin:

No be beans! Dont think the guy get liver for such a move. Theres too much money, much mega corruption, in this mega city of ours and attempt like that will expose mega can of worms!

Gaddem! That would be a show stopper, but its the more reason he needs to destroy all links with Tinubu. Then he can flick the dust off his clothes and hit Abuja.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by ektbear: 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2011
Moves:

Whats all the hype about; Lets wait till atleast 2014 to start making connotations; for all we know fashola 2nd term maybe a disaster; Let him deliver on the Six lanes lagos badagry express; the Light Railway; if not 4th mainlain bridge atleast extend Mile 12- Ikorodu road to Four lanes whilst maintain similar of service delivery in other areas as obtainable presently,  then we can talk; The above list project will show that he was able to conquer atleast the transportation monster facing lagos state. IMO

He has the highest approval rating of any politician in Nigeria and is still a very young man. So I'm not sure whether it is still hype. I'm sure he has been thinking about his future for some time now. . . certainly other Nigerians and Lagosians have.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Kilode1: 8:03pm On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

I wonder why the talk about Obj? He isn't PDP, he might be a senior member, but he isn't PDP and he ruled almost a decade ago.
90% of the things you mentioned do not form an ideology either.

As for the bolded, GEJ is a quiet operator, something thats really necessary because of the type of politics we practice in Nigeria. You really need to keep your ear to the ground until after the elections, which GEJ will win by the grace of God.
Until that time, I'll tell you though that he will take the party toward true federalism, a welfarist capitalism, citizen empowerment, education and technology; and they are already looking to alter the very obnoxious land use decree.

A lot of these things cannot be discussed by the FG until the weeding of the farm is completed.

You never know, when the box is opened, it might prick Fashola's interest. That man cannot be allowed to retire into obscurity when he is done as gov.

Ok bro. you've been telling me the same stuff in bold for about 5months now. as much as I want to believe him, I just can't see GEJ doing those things, but I guess it is only fair to wait.

Now, I hope GEJ will lose. but incase he wins, I pray you and I will be here to ask ourselves the same question I've had on my profile pic since last year, which is ;

[size=18pt]How Far?[/size]
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by dayokanu(m): 8:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
Andre Uweh:

For Fashola to be widely accepted by Nigerians, he should probe Tinubu for maladministration and other sins.

Can you also tell GEJ to probe Alams, OBJ and Anenih?
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by forpeace: 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2011
well said. .gej should dissacociate and probe obj. .this beaf is a big fool. .deszperate to earn his pay quacking all over nl
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by sbeezy8: 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2011
lol^^^

I mean who cares if FASHOLA IS HATED OVER LOVED AROUND THE COUNTRY I KNOW LAGOSIANS DONT AND NEITHER DO SW PEOPLE.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by GuruD: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2011
Fashola is great as Governor but i have not seen any politicking from him. Politics is beyond excellent administrative skills or leadership qualities or visionary projects. It is a balancing act of diplomacy, statemanship, leadership and guile. Fashola may or may not hit the national stage but Tinubu is there, succeeding as we can see from the growth ( though small) of the ACN as an opposition party. Fashola might be the best governor in the whole world but without people like Tinubu (or any other political grand master), he will not get very far, ask Donald Duke.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Beaf: 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2011
Guru D.:

Fashola is great as Governor but i have not seen any politicking from him. Politics is beyond excellent administrative skills or leadership qualities or visionary projects. It is a balancing act of diplomacy, statemanship, leadership and guile. Fashola may or may not hit the national stage but Tinubu is there, succeeding as we can see from the growth ( though small) of the ACN as an opposition party. Fashola might be the best governor in the whole world but without people like Tinubu (or any other political grand master), he will not get very far, ask Donald Duke.

My exact point. cool
Donald Dukes political career after his governorship looks as dead as a dodo. And that is not because he lacks vision and ambition, it is instead, for want of machinery with national tentacles to propel him forward. I wouldn't want Fashola to go the same way.

Tinubu is not playing on the national stage, neither does he have any reach or clout outside the SW, instead ACN is used outside the SW by politicians who need an easy ticket and they mostly tend to be dodgy like Akume and Udoedehe. Also, I don't see Tinubu ever allowing anyone outshine him in ACN; if Fashola has national ambitions (and God knows proven talents are needed at the centre), he will either need to build his machinery or join the PDP.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by GuruD: 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2011
@ Beaf; are u saying the pdp is incapable of breeding leaders like Fashola? U will call Amaechi and Chime. But if u live in Port-Horcourt u will know that the pdp in rivers is very much different from that predominant in the country. I do not have any say on Chime, I do not have first hand knowledge of the man or the situation in Enugu.
will a man like Fashola thrive in a party like pdp with all its godfatherism and do-or die politicians, who play the politics of favoritism and zoning? Fashola is a man that only hardwork will bring him progress and he needs to be in the party that rewards hardwork and runs a fair and just system. u definitely will cry foul but the ACN is a more progressive party than the pdp (ultra conservatives)
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Beaf: 12:14am On Apr 12, 2011
Guru D.:

@ Beaf; are u saying the pdp is incapable of breeding leaders like Fashola? U will call Amaechi and Chime. But if u live in Port-Horcourt u will know that the pdp in rivers is very much different from that predominant in the country. I do not have any say on Chime, I do not have first hand knowledge of the man or the situation in Enugu.
will a man like Fashola thrive in a party like pdp with all its godfatherism and do-or die politicians, who play the politics of favoritism and zoning? Fashola is a man that only hardwork will bring him progress and he needs to be in the party that rewards hardwork and runs a fair and just system. u definitely will cry foul but the ACN is a more progressive party than the pdp (ultra conservatives)

LOL! Of course PDP can produce talent (some of whom you've named), but you can never have too much of a good thing! grin Thats why advanced democracies keep giving visa and passport preferences to scientists, inventors and technology gurus. A PDP that is sincere about taking the country forward, would headhunt every Fashola on the landscape.

I believe that all Nigerian parties are the same. They all lack ideology and are basically interest groups jockeying for dividends from Abuja. However, there are clearly several visible and encouraging changes going on in PDP. The godfathers you talk about have been flushed out in quiet purges; the first was the cabal (they've run off to CPC), the second was with the transparent and commendable PDP primaries, and the 3rd happened last Saturday with the slaying of big beasts like Obj.

Gra gra politics is now out of PDP, so a man like Fashola will thrive. It shouldn't affect ACN though if he leaves, cos it will be after his tenure as gov when there'll no new height to climb in ACN.

. . .One more thing. With a GEJ win, I imagine all that zoning crap would be thrown out of the PDP constitution, replaced by merit and a more sensible way of representing Nigeria's diversity.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by sbeezy8: 1:09am On Apr 12, 2011
PDP is incapable of breeding better leaders in the west because Obj has hands on everything!
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Beaf: 3:10am On Apr 12, 2011
sbeezy8:

PDP is incapable of breeding better leaders in the west because Obj has hands on everything!

Lol! What if the reformed PDP opens its doors to ACN? Lol!
I'm sure the best of ACN would rather deal with PDP than deal with the cabal thats now in CPC; as we speak a confused Buhari is holding desperate talks with Ciroma and Ribadu for a Northern consensus candidate.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by emmatok(m): 8:24am On Apr 12, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! What if the reformed PDP opens its doors to ACN? Lol!
I'm sure the best of ACN would rather deal with PDP than deal with the cabal thats now in CPC; as we speak a confused Buhari is holding desperate talks with Ciroma and Ribadu for a Northern consensus candidate.

WE DO NOT NEED PDP.

WE WANT DEMOCRACY AND NOT A ONE PARTY STATE.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by dibigslim: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2011
I AM TELLING YOU, ACN WILL FALL, FALL AND FALL. LETS WAIT AND SEE

THE BEST FOR FASHOLA IS TO DECAMP TO OTHER PARTY. YEA
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by xtremeidea(m): 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2011
[size=15pt]But seriously!!! how can i even think of voting Ribadu for president? they guy doesnt even have a "President Figure"[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by wolebaba(m): 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2011
fashola is going nowhere, both of them have something we all dont know about,
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by yinka85: 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2011
Beaffy,

Did you use the word´´Progressive´´ in the same sentence with an ACN tagged name for this post?

Wonders shall never end.

What is your new mission here?
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by paddylo1(m): 6:13pm On Apr 12, 2011
ROBERT BESSELING of Al-Jazeera just made it known on the international news channel that GEJ is unable to account for 22billion dollars of money from the excess crude accouint. .what a shame . .nigeria's failures being analyzed by foreigners. .

BTW,Nigeria is Africa's no1 crudeoil exporter and nothing to show

[b]Thats the craziest lie i heard in ages. . lol. . .so if Al jazeera the corrupt biased Arab channel tells u anything u believe?. .

The money went to the 36 states. . including the ACN states u so praise. .

EXTERNAL RESERVES
I will be brief. . .The CBN manages the External reserves. . and it has told u that there is elevated demand for dollars due to the political risk inherent in these elections. . .The CBN offers dollars for sale on the WDAS twice weekly. . last week it offered $1 Billion( thats $600million and $400million)

The CBN has to try and meet this elevated demand so as to maintain the level of the naira and not depreciate it
depreciating the naira will lead to imported inflation and more poverty for our people

The CBN has also introduced Foreign exchange forwards and derivatives last month to try and smooth out demand for dollars. . right now it offers 1 month,2 months and 3months forward contracts. .

Sanusi has said that at the rate the reserves are building it should be significantly higher than it is now by yr end. . .right now External reserves are at $34.7 Billion dollars and rising

EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT

The ECA was set up to save excess oil earnings. . .however in times of economic crises like during the world financial meltdown it is expected to be used as a counter cyclical measure to prevent the country going into recession and augment government finances

Thats exactly what happened and why the money was spent. . .However the Government is trying to set up a SWF to replace the ECA. . .The bill has just been sent to the National assembly and if passed this year it will help make our excess oil earnings better and professionally managed

note that Nigeria and Iraq are the only OPEC nations without a Sovereign wealth fund. . .Pls go and ask Buhari why he didnt set one up for the country back in 1983 when he ruled?. . . .it is now left for Jonathan 30yrs late to set up. . .

Finally The Excess crude account has grown to $7Billion dollars(as at yesterday) from about $2 Billion in January 2011. . .pls give jonathan credit for that
The man is lucky and good for Nigeria. . immediately he comes in oil prices rise. . lol

pls see link below from todays businessday. . .
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/excess-crude-account-rebounds-hits-6-9bn/89484/

OIL REVENUES AND OIL EARNINGS

As for your misguided mathematics about our oil earnings. . what u did above by multiplying 2million barrels by the price of oil is plain wrong

If u do that u get our oil revenues or sales. . but every financial guru( i guess u are not one). . knows that sales is not equal to earnings. . .
what i am trying to say is that oil companies make the sales and pay taxes, royalties plus NNPCs share of the PSC/ Joint ventures

For instance the deep offshore where most of our oil production is taking place we only get 35% of the total sales plus taxes. . because we gave the companies generous concessions so as to develop those fields

as for the difference between the budgeted $65 dollar/ barrel and the current $120 dollar per barrel?. . .well that goes to the ECA for now. . and it has ballooned to $7Billion dollars in just 3months. . .showing that Jonathan is doing the right thing for Nigeria. . .

and Nigeria has much to show for its oil wealth. . of which ii earns the least in Africa by the way. . .when u do a per capita oil production. . .Libya is 6million ppl. . producing 1.5million barrels. . Angola is 25Million people. . producing 1.7Million Barrels. . while Nigeria is 150Million strong. . producing a little over 2million barrels. . .so Per capita wise. . .we dont produce much and oil cannot go too far for all these ppl. . even in libya with only 6million there is chronic unemployment

Thats why the FGN under GEJ has proposed a gas revolution that will lead to over 1million jobs. . .and diversify/power our economy

cheers

[/b]
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Donmeca(m): 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2011
After Fashola's tenure, he will want an input on who succeeds him. This Tinubu will see as arrogance cos he is d one who "knows" what is good for yorubaland. This may breed rancor. Shud BRF decide to go to d senate, he needs to topple someone who may be Tinubu's person. . .there will b confusion.

But if Saraki can fight his dad to a standstill, who says BRF can't do d same to Tinubu?
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2011
He should join CPC

[flash=850,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Gbenge77(m): 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2011
Why would Fashola ever leave progressive party for the "peoples destruction party".The PDP has got to be the worst party in Africa.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by aribisala0(m): 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2011
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by espn(m): 6:39pm On Apr 12, 2011
@beaf why did you come up with this thread, did fashola and tinubu ever announce to the pulic that they have got some misunderstanding or issues, or has fashola complained to you that he is tired of ACN or wants to leave for another party, as a rational thinking human being i believe a thread like this shouldnt have come up, cos i dont really know the correlation between FASHOLA,TINUBU.leaving for PDP or overthrowing TINUBU, it doesnt make sense to me, please dont try and distract ACN as a party, and the supporters of ACN, dont believe threads like this should be posted next time,
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by fxtopedia(m): 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2011
PDP scheme, LMAO. Leave them alone and mind your corrupt party.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by md4real(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
espn:

@beaf why did you come up with this thread, did fashola and tinubu ever announce to the pulic that they have got some misunderstanding or issues, or has fashola complained to you that he is tired of ACN or wants to leave for another party, as a rational thinking human being i believe a thread like this shouldnt have come up, cos i dont really know the correlation between FASHOLA,TINUBU.leaving for PDP or overthrowing TINUBU, it doesnt make sense to me, please dont try and distract ACN as a party, and the supporters of ACN, dont believe threads like this should be posted next time,  

i wonder why it even made the front page.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by fxtopedia(m): 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2011
md4real:

i wonder why it even made the front page.

For your information, SEUN=BEAF
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by fxtopedia(m): 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2011
paddy_lo:

[b]Thats the craziest lie i heard in ages. . lol. . .so if Al jazeera the corrupt biased Arab channel tells u anything u believe?. .

The money went to the 36 states. . including the ACN states u so praise. .

EXTERNAL RESERVES
I will be brief. . .The CBN manages the External reserves. . and it has told u that there is elevated demand for dollars due to the political risk inherent in these elections. . .The CBN offers dollars for sale on the WDAS twice weekly. . last week it offered $1 Billion( thats $600million and $400million)

The CBN has to try and meet this elevated demand so as to maintain the level of the naira and not depreciate it
depreciating the naira will lead to imported inflation and more poverty for our people

The CBN has also introduced Foreign exchange forwards and derivatives last month to try and smooth out demand for dollars. . right now it offers 1 month,2 months and 3months forward contracts. .

Sanusi has said that at the rate the reserves are building it should be significantly higher than it is now by yr end. . .right now External reserves are at $34.7 Billion dollars and rising

EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT

The ECA was set up to save excess oil earnings. . .however in times of economic crises like during the world financial meltdown it is expected to be used as a counter cyclical measure to prevent the country going into recession and augment government finances

Thats exactly what happened and why the money was spent. . .However the Government is trying to set up a SWF to replace the ECA. . .The bill has just been sent to the National assembly and if passed this year it will help make our excess oil earnings better and professionally managed

note that Nigeria and Iraq are the only OPEC nations without a Sovereign wealth fund. . .Pls go and ask Buhari why he didnt set one up for the country back in 1983 when he ruled?. . . .it is now left for Jonathan 30yrs late to set up. . .

Finally The Excess crude account has grown to $7Billion dollars(as at yesterday) from about $2 Billion in January 2011. . .pls give jonathan credit for that
The man is lucky and good for Nigeria. . immediately he comes in oil prices rise. . lol

pls see link below from todays businessday. . .
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/excess-crude-account-rebounds-hits-6-9bn/89484/

OIL REVENUES AND OIL EARNINGS

As for your misguided mathematics about our oil earnings. . what u did above by multiplying 2million barrels by the price of oil is plain wrong

If u do that u get our oil revenues or sales. . but every financial guru( i guess u are not one). . knows that sales is not equal to earnings. . .
what i am trying to say is that oil companies make the sales and pay taxes, royalties plus NNPCs share of the PSC/ Joint ventures

For instance the deep offshore where most of our oil production is taking place we only get 35% of the total sales plus taxes. . because we gave the companies generous concessions so as to develop those fields

as for the difference between the budgeted $65 dollar/ barrel and the current $120 dollar per barrel?. . .well that goes to the ECA for now. . and it has ballooned to $7Billion dollars in just 3months. . .showing that Jonathan is doing the right thing for Nigeria. . .

and Nigeria has much to show for its oil wealth. . of which ii earns the least in Africa by the way. . .when u do a per capita oil production. . .Libya is 6million ppl. . producing 1.5million barrels. . Angola is 25Million people. . producing 1.7Million Barrels. . while Nigeria is 150Million strong. . producing a little over 2million barrels. . .so Per capita wise. . .we dont produce much and oil cannot go too far for all these ppl. . even in libya with only 6million there is chronic unemployment

Thats why the FGN under GEJ has proposed a gas revolution that will lead to over 1million jobs. . .and diversify/power our economy

cheers

[/b]

Proposed!!! STOP that Nonsense. You can ONLY fool yourself and the un-informed Nigerian. LMAO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo / Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff / INEC To Recruit One Million Adhoc Workers For 2019 General Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.