Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. (820 Views)

Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) / Animals Eating My Corn Before Gemination / How To Sell Thousands Of Chickens And Eggs In 14days Even If You're A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. by RuMiRgO1stSon: 10:35am On Mar 03, 2021
So lately I've venture into poultry farming, I rear local breeds. I have successful grow eleven chicks out of twelve that the to hens hatch in the last two months- I loose I chick to hawk.
I bought another two hens to make them four... luckily for me three of them lay and hatch in this order.
**the first hen lay 7 eggs and hatch four, unfortunately something has eaten one of the chick and 3 of the eggs got missed, so because of this I have to transferred them to a battery cage.
**the second hen lay 10 eggs and hatch 5
and leave 5 in the nest which I have transferred it to the third hen still laying. that was last week.
**the third bird lay 7 eggs plus the 5 I've added to hers making 13, to my dismay its only 4 eggs left in the nest when I check on them this morning. my heart is broken
I don't know what is really going on out there in their house... even if something is coming in to eat the eggs, at least since my room is close to where the bird house is, am suppose to hear them crackling, but nothing.
am really sad and anxious.
Re: PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. by Shellsploit: 10:43am On Mar 03, 2021
Op, I see snake "agwo"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. by longetivity(m): 10:45am On Mar 03, 2021
Clear ur surroundings

1 Like

Re: PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. by Duru9(m): 10:53am On Mar 03, 2021
Probably snake bro

3 Likes

Re: PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. by harmargedon: 11:04am On Mar 03, 2021
snakes. Buy a cat.
Re: PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. by staga: 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2021
Definitely a snake. Buy an owl. That will take care of it, but keep the owl away from the chicks.
Re: PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2021
Shellsploit:
Op, I see snake "agwo"
poor me
Re: PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:34pm On Mar 03, 2021
longetivity:
Clear ur surroundings
the site isn't bushy ooo
Re: PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2021
staga:
Definitely a snake. Buy an owl. That will take care of it, but keep the owl away from the chicks.
okay.
but where am i going to put the owl
Re: PLS Help! Something Is Eating My Live Chicks And Eggs. by chukskafor(m): 7:38am On Mar 04, 2021
Which planet are you from @op, there's nothing like snake or what have you in this case, you are your own problem; how can you transfer eggs that has already passed through incubation to another hen still active with its incubation, I mean who does that?
FYI, those rejected eggs have gone bad, reason the mother hen left them in the first place, secondly as you got them mixed up with the fresh ones still undergoing incubation, they easily contaminate the good ones and embryo dies within a very short period; some certain breeds of hen are very good at economy, by this, they bring out the contaminated egg/eggs each time they are coming out to sunbathe and recycled it by drinking it in order to regain its protein levels loss as a result of sitting on eggs/incubation. So in a nutshell, the culprit is the sitting hen but it is your fault

(1) (Reply)

How To Rear Chicken Successfully / The Ultimate Guide To Cassava Farming In 2024 / B Agriculture And Bsc Biology Which Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.