Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,811 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness (36750 Views)

Classmates Visit Their Classmate Who's Been Observing A 30-day Dry Fast (video) / Rape: Victoria Nkong 'Bishop Akinola Micheal Fowowe Attempted To Rape Me' / Leke Adeboye Reacts To Prophet Isa El-Buba's Attempted Arrest By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by LZAA: 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
Few are roaming... grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by emmyN(m): 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
Religion is evil. See how this young man almost killed himself for nothing.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by sugarbeesmith(m): 3:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Okay. You weren't able able to finish the write up?

I didn't even reach 10 days, talk less of 40.

Thanks and God bless.
ops can I get ur Contact pls.neeed some advise

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by Cryptomillion: 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
hmmm

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by Yankee101: 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wisdom is profitable to direct

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by Welcum: 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

Different strokes for different folks...

Even with the benefit of hindsight i would make the same decision over and over again given the opportunity to do so again.

What you claim has no spiritual significance is one of the most spiritually significant thing that's ever happened to me, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

Many apostles and prophets of old even some true believers today who know better concerning such things would agree with me on that.

Hence I would say that this comment you made is rather ignorant and that you haven't the least idea what you speak about.

But you're entitled to your view though.

God bless.

I'm laughing really hard at the height of ignorance being displayed by you both.

So Moses came out with a glorious face after fasting right? Also the apostles worked signs and wonders after fasting right? But all you know about me is that I came out with a bony structure and naked, without any "signs and wonders, no miracles, no deep revelations, no preaching or saving of souls, no life won for Christ" right?

I'm used to that though with NL Christians who are predominantly spiritually shallow, yet are not willing to learn from those who know and love God much better than they do, so no surprises there.

That's the same way, when I said Jesus appeared to me, they were so sure that it wasn't Him, some were even willing to place a bet... but they all were put to shame, after God went out of His way to confirm here that it was really His Son Jesus that appeared to me to their confounding, that some even had to modify their such comments to show how foolish and ignorant it now made them look. I wouldn't be surprised if you were even one of them because you sound as one of them, even though you come in the guise of a different (new) moniker.

Thank God I have quoted this your comment though just in case... So according to you I was competing with God right? Okay. If you're not also put to shame soon because of this comment, then i'd accept everything you've said against me here as the truth and that the fasting was of no spiritual significance but borne of sheer ignorance.

But if you are, then you should be humble enough to swallow your pride and accept that you made a serious blunder concerning me.

I'm really grateful that I shared this experience even though it gives you an opportunity to mock, because this is not meant for the spiritually blind who believe that God deserves crumbs, and want to continue giving Him such, but for those who are willing to know that God deserves nothing but the best and everything even as the apostles had given to Him, so that they'd be inspired to give Him same.

God bless.
I love the way you love God. I've also had similar experiences as you had. One lesson I learned from all these experiences is that we should emphasize prayer above fasting. It makes us progress faster in the spirit. For example, imagine getting your spirit filled with the consciousness of God that YOU FORGET TO EAT FOR EVEN 24 HOURS! It carries far more effect than putting yourself down to fast for 40 or 100 days.

YOU see, the scripture writers report that Jesus fasted for 40 days as they report that Moses was on the mountain for 40 days. This is not numerical 40 days because no one was there to count the days. Rather, what actually happened in these two cases was that Moses and Jesus were respectively so lost in the ocean of the Divine Presence that no one could track the actual number of days they spent in God's Presence.

Notice also that neither Jesus nor Moses decided to start a fast nor the number of days to spend. Moses was commanded by God to go up the mountain as Jesus was driven by the Spirit of God.

Above all, I'm encouraged by your story. Please, don't ever let the words of critics weigh you down. They only see the negative sides of everything without also seeing the positive sides to balance their view. I see you being used MIGHTILY of God as you surrender more fully to His Holy Spirit. Remain in the Christ. Even so, Amen. So be it.

6 Likes

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by Saintmary(f): 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

Even with the benefit of hindsight i would make the same decision over and over again given the opportunity to do so again.

What you claim has no spiritual significance is one of the most spiritually significant thing that's ever happened to me, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

Many apostles and prophets of old even some true believers today who know better concerning such things would agree with me on that.

Hence I would say that this comment you made is rather ignorant and that you haven't the least idea what you speak about.

God bless.

I'm laughing really hard at the height of ignorance being displayed by you both.

So Moses came out with a glorious face after fasting right? Also the apostles worked signs and wonders after fasting right? But all you know about me is that I came out with a bony structure and naked, without any "signs and wonders, no miracles, no deep revelations, no preaching or saving of souls, no life won for Christ" right?

I'm used to that though with NL Christians who are predominantly spiritually shallow, yet are not willing to learn from those who know and love God much better than they do, so no surprises there.

That's the same way, when I said Jesus appeared to me, they were so sure that it wasn't Him, some were even willing to place a bet... but they all were put to shame, after God went out of His way to confirm here that it was really His Son Jesus that appeared to me to their confounding, that some even had to modify their such comments to show how foolish and ignorant it now made them look. I wouldn't be surprised if you were even one of them because you sound as one of them, even though you come in the guise of a different (new) moniker.

Thank God I have quoted this your comment though just in case... So according to you I was competing with God right? Okay. If you're not also put to shame soon because of this comment, then i'd accept everything you've said against me here as the truth and that the fasting was of no spiritual significance but borne of sheer ignorance.

But if you are, then you should be humble enough to swallow your pride and accept that you made a serious blunder concerning me.

I'm really grateful that I shared this experience even though it gives you an opportunity to mock, because this is not meant for the spiritually blind who believe that God deserves crumbs, and want to continue giving Him such, but for those who are willing to know that God deserves nothing but the best and everything even as the apostles had given to Him, so that they'd be inspired to give Him same.

God bless.

I love how you denied yourself to do this, I want to try it

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by Silvershadow81(m): 4:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wao what an adventure. OP u are lucky to be alive o. With all the issues of security in naija, even the prophets of old wouldn't have considered Nigeria as a corntree to go into a wilderness. Happy sunday to all

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by JesusDWay(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

God bless.

Some elements of your story has truth but some seem somehow. In all your narration about your fasting expedition, you never once mentioned that you were praying for something, you appear to have just being there to see how you can live without eating or drinking for forty days as never once did you mention that you prayed. Even the topic of your post is somewhat misleading, the topic seem to say you saw something or probably had an encounter but, there was nothing. Finally, the way I see you boast about the things that have been happening in your life shows something is amiss. If you are a genuine Christian, I suggest you seek out a more experienced Christian for mentorship before you enter into error. There's nothing wrong to seek God to empower one to live the kind of life one read in the Bible about Jesus and the apostles(we are built upon their foundation, Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone) but, it appears to me you want to use this medium to draw people to yourself and then start a ministry. You need to be careful, really very careful! I pray God leads you the right way you ought to follow in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
Awesome !
Feeding the Spirtman is the Ultimate!
The Benefits are so Enormous!
You rule and reign in Confidence because the KING of All Spirts backs you up.
Thanks sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
Lamasta:
The lord is your strength brother, ride on...
Amen! God bless you.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
JesusSonOfGod:
May God strengthen you more. My prayer to God is to be able to love him with all my heart, soul, mind and spirit. Glory be to God, for the zeal to serve Him in you. I tap from that grace too. You are blessed.
Amen!

May God grant the desire of your heart as He did mine. In Jesus name. Amen!
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:40pm On Mar 07, 2021
pennzo:
The responses to your message are not surprising and should not bother you. It is the world we live in now. People want to apply logic to things of the spirit meanwhile they are ignorant of the fact that life itself is more spiritual than physical. Thanks for sharing your experience.
It's an honor bro. I hope it glorifies God.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by Hindex: 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2021
Op, thanks for sharing this inspiring story. It's pathetic coming across so many ignorant and hate-filled comments here. Meanwhile, I will like to connect with you.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by redsun(m): 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2021
The only reason any normal person can do that is if he/ she is clinically obese. It will mean a desperate attempt to shed the cancerous weight that leaves the obese vulnerable to ill health.

This kind of dangerous escapade should be recommended for clinically obese people that have little or choice in getting better.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by CandyOps(m): 11:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
LZAA:
Few are roaming... grin grin grin grin grin

In a sane working society this guy would have been checked into a psychiatric home by now and have his head examined.

But then this is Africa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by eagleonearth(m): 3:32am On Mar 08, 2021
[i][/i]
PROPHETmichael:
I thank God for you and the zeal you have towards the things of God.

I was reading through it hoping to see the divine encounter that you had in the "wilderness" but i didn't see none which made it seems like a wasted efforts. However, I applaud the boldness that you took.

One thing I must say here is that you don't really need to visit the mountain in order to experience God. Jesus himself abolished that practice when he met the Samaritan woman (John 4:20-26). In verse 21 he said, "Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father...."

That's why none of his disciples went into the wilderness inorder to seek the face of God. Also, going to Jerusalem for pilgrimage have no spiritual significance other than site visit. Those who embark on such journey are a mere tourist.

You can achieve that wilderness experience in the comfort of your home by simply locking yourself up in your room (don't come out), turn off your phone, tv, radio and anything that can give you information from the outside world. This is what I did on 2009 and in day 4 of my 7 days dry fasting, Jesus walked into my room, tap me on my shoulder and said to me "follow me" and then turn back and walked out. I had several other encounters between day 3 and 5 but that to me was the major one.

Try this system and you will glad you did.
highest I have gone is 3 days. I applaud your stamina bro

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by Eaglesence: 4:47am On Mar 08, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Well... maybe not exactly a wilderness as those depicted in the Bible, but it was the closest I could get to that at the time. It was a large uninhabited and uncultivated area (bush) somewhere in the outskirts of Abuja, where I intended to get that final push I needed to begin to live the kind of life I dreamed for God.

It was the kind of life the prophets and apostles and even Christ lived on Earth in those days, where they were dead to the things of this world but fully alive to the things of the Spirit and the Kingdom of God.

I already had the orientation they had and was truly willing, but my flesh was weak hence i lacked the strength, might or power to follow it through. I kept looking out of the window and wondering when I would be able to do likewise and finally begin to live the life of my dreams, as what I saw all around me seemed completely opposed to the kind of life I dearly craved.

The present day church didn't even help matters much as it was a far cry from the kind I knew and desired to part of, even that which I had seen in the acts of the apostles where it was all about God.

I'd already made some sacrificial decisions and forsaken everything for the sake of the Kingdom of God even as the disciples had done, to prove how determined I was, so I was already on the right course, but it was just that final boost to completely escape the gravitational field of the flesh I was yet lacking.

After waiting and hoping for a while without making any significant progress, i decided to take a drastic step, and embark on a forty day and forty nights fast without food or water in a bushy area not very far from where I lived.

I think the inspiration behind this course of action, were the examples of those who were said to have observed such a fast in the Bible, combined with the wilderness experience, which appeared to be the final preparation point for some before the commencement of their ministries. For instance, John the baptist and even Master Jesus, who were said to have been in the wilderness fasting for a while before the commencement of their ministries. Hence I decided to also give it a shot.

My prayer then to God was "Use Me Or I Die!" So if I made it out alive, it would mean that I had achieved the purpose of going there, which was to begin to live the life of my dreams where it was all about God and nothing else.

Continue reading below.

At a point of my reading your story i thought it was fiction but with the responses/comments im seeying this obviously happened to you. Hummm, where are you located bro let me connect you with guys who are also searching for God this way. Just two of them and we 3 are into serious evangelism, remember, iron sharpens iron says the word. If you are game, get in tough.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by naijapage(f): 7:07am On Mar 08, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Well... maybe not exactly a wilderness as those depicted in the Bible, but it was the closest I could get to that at the time. It was a large uninhabited and uncultivated area (bush) somewhere in the outskirts of Abuja, where I intended to get that final push I needed to begin to live the kind of life I dreamed for God.

It was the kind of life the prophets and apostles and even Christ lived on Customer Service Earth in those days, where they were dead to the things of this world but fully alive to the things of the Spirit and the Kingdom of God.

I already had the orientation they had and was truly willing, but my flesh was weak hence i lacked the strength, might or power to follow it through. I kept looking out of the window and wondering when I would be able to do likewise and finally begin to live the life of my dreams, as what I saw all around me seemed completely opposed to the kind of life I dearly craved.

The present day church didn't even help matters much as it was a far cry from the kind I knew and desired to part of, even that which I had seen in the acts of the apostles where it was all about God.

I'd already made some sacrificial decisions and forsaken everything for the sake of the Kingdom of God even as the disciples had done, to prove how determined I was, so I was already on the right course, but it was just that final boost to completely escape the gravitational field of the flesh I was yet lacking.

After waiting and hoping for a while without making any significant progress, i decided to take a drastic step, and embark on a forty day and forty nights fast without food or water in a bushy area not very far from where I lived.

I think the inspiration behind this course of action, were the examples of those who were said to have observed such a fast in the Bible, combined with the wilderness experience, which appeared to be the final preparation point for some before the commencement of their ministries. For instance, John the baptist and even Master Jesus, who were said to have been in the wilderness fasting for a while before the commencement of their ministries. Hence I decided to also give it a shot.

My prayer then to God was "Use Me Or I Die!" So if I made it out alive, it would mean that I had achieved the purpose of going there, which was to begin to live the life of my dreams where it was all about God and nothing else.

Continue reading below.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by PROPHETmichael: 7:43am On Mar 08, 2021
eagleonearth:
[i][/i]highest I have gone is 3 days. I applaud your stamina bro

I forgot to add that I ended in day 5 because of the excitement of that Jesus encounter but I thank God for grace because I was dead to the flesh after day 3 and from day 4, I was only weak but not hungry.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by Realhommie(m): 8:27am On Mar 08, 2021
Lordbinsmar:
You don rich pass Bill Gate grin grin grin
According to people like you, wealth is the only indicator or evidence of God's glory or His presence?

During the time of Christ and the apostles there were rich people, very rich people yet Christ didn't even have material wealth, the apostles too. The most valuable human asset is the soul and that's what should really concern us, not bother about some material wealth or riches. Money isn't every thing, infact it will aid your destruction even. 1 Tim 6:9.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by JesusSonOfGod: 9:02am On Mar 08, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Amen!

May God grant the desire of your heart as He did mine. In Jesus name. Amen!

Amen.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:18am On Mar 08, 2021
billyG:
So some nairalanders hav such writing skills but are wasting away..ye people shld join d league of chimamanda,Chinua Achebe.
Do not be surprised because most of those people you thought were special, aren't really...

All you need is just for God to give you the same gift they have, and you'd be able to see that there's nothing really special about them.

I'm speaking from experience.

God bless.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:34am On Mar 08, 2021
SlayerSupreme:
I like the attempt, though I won't try it. I don't think it necessary. If I should pull away from the world it would be to pray. Intense prayer.

Again, prayer and meditation is missing from your fast. How comes? I don't think Jesus fasted without praying.
I prayed but not much. I think meditation was more.

I believe prayer alone would not be able to get you to this level of walk with God. It requires fasting also.

I used to pray about 3 hrs at the time or so, but it wasn't enough. So I had to go for broke.

God bless.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:49am On Mar 08, 2021
SlayerSupreme:

Op I don't doubt this last paragraph at all.

That poster has no idea of what this is about. He's speaking out of ignorance, so to follow the idea of such a person who lacks the knowledge and willingness concerning these spiritual matters is tantamount to following the spiritually blind... you'd eventually end up in the pit.

I'm speaking from experience with tangible results to show for it.

God bless.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2021
pedrozone15:
My brother I am here to encourage you in your walk with GOD. It's not surprising that many do not know the importance of fasting and prayer. Some think it is just a futile activity. Do not be discouraged by those who will castigate you or try to dampen the light you gained from your experience. GOD cannot be mocked. For those of you saying oga eat food and have asked questions where JESUS commanded his disciples to fast read the book of Mark chapter 9 verse 17 - 29. We are called soldiers of the cross for a reason folks. GOD bless you all.
God bless you bro. Thanks.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2021
AlexJustin:
what a courage.

may God continue to empower you with his grace.
Amen!
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by eagleonearth(m): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2021
PROPHETmichael:

I forgot to add that I ended in day 5 because of the excitement of that Jesus encounter but I thank God for grace because I was dead to the flesh after day 3 and from day 4, I was only weak but not hungry.
I guess I was weak because I was fasting for a flimsy reason which was to get an oil company job.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:29am On Mar 09, 2021
PROPHETmichael:
I thank God for you and the zeal you have towards the things of God.

I was reading through it hoping to see the divine encounter that you had in the "wilderness" but i didn't see none which made it seems like a wasted efforts. However, I applaud the boldness that you took.

One thing I must say here is that you don't really need to visit the mountain in order to experience God. Jesus himself abolished that practice when he met the Samaritan woman (John 4:20-26). In verse 21 he said, "Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father...."

That's why none of his disciples went into the wilderness inorder to seek the face of God. Also, going to Jerusalem for pilgrimage have no spiritual significance other than site visit. Those who embark on such journey are a mere tourist.

You can achieve that wilderness experience in the comfort of your home by simply locking yourself up in your room (don't come out), turn off your phone, tv, radio and anything that can give you information from the outside world. This is what I did in 2009 and in day 4 of my 7 days dry fasting, Jesus walked into my room, tap me in the shoulder and said to me "follow me" and then turn back and walked out. I had several other encounters between day 3 and 5 but that to me was the major one.

Try this system and you will glad you did.
Thanks I really appreciate, however I'd assume you perhaps didn't see what I achieved after or because of the fast in the wilderness for you to still be looking for what you called "a divine encounter". Because if you really did, then I must say that you have an issue of misplaced priorities, for of what essence are divine encounters, than the obedience of God's Word?And that is what I achieved by the fast in the wilderness, even the highest level of obedience. Yet because you didn't see anywhere I said Jesus appeared to me or spake to me, it seems a wasted experience to you?

What you should know is that such divine encounters which you had is common-placed. I know many who have had such divine encounters which you had or even more, some without even fasting, yet most of them are yet spiritually shallow, and some who have had such divine encounters have yet ended up in hell. Can you quantify the amount of divine encounters the children of Israel had, yet they were called rebellious and stiffnecked by God that He wanted to destroy them all in the wilderness?

God doesn't judge someone by divine encounters He gives to them, but by their obedience and how they respond to such encounters. Moreover when it comes to such encounters God has dealt with me differently from others, as He was very sparing with me in that respect earlier on in my walk with Him. I was really concerned initially because of that but I later came to realize that it was because He felt I didn't need such as I proved with my fasting in the wilderness, since I had already achieved the purpose of such encounters without having them.

I also came to realize that the fasting in the wilderness which you called "a waste" because of the lack of what you call "divine encounters", is something that God acknowledges much because of what it achieved in my life, hence even when I briefly forgot how long I stayed there, He immediately reminded me and I was like wow! So even though I didn't have such an encounter in the wilderness, God was with me and He gave me the strength to pull through it, to the extent which i did and make it a resounding success based on the results.

Hence I think you need to reevaluate your priorities to align with that of God, because if you walk with God, you need to know what's more important to Him (that's where many get it wrong), and divine encounters are secondary to obedience of His Word, as that is the whole essence of any such encounters.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:51am On Mar 09, 2021
PROPHETmichael:

Moreover, I never said I needed to visit the mountain or wilderness to experience God, but to get the push I needed to walk at the level of the Spirit where it's all about God in which Christ and the apostles walked.

Jesus you spake of, was often in the wilderness and mountains, and the apostles who had left everything to follow Him were also there with Him. So perhaps you forget they often went to the wilderness and mountains with Jesus, because they also experienced that, the highs and lows, hence that was enough motivation for them especially His death and resurrection. That shows that their own case is very different because being with Jesus alone made all the difference, and I didn't have that if not I may not have to do such.

After that fasting in the wilderness experience, I have not needed another because that was a once in a lifetime experience. In fact there was a point I stopped fasting for over ten years on the instruction of God because my time was not yet come. When the Spirit of God manifested Himself to me and came upon me as He did to the apostles, I was in my room praying. I hadn't fasted for years.

So I know I don't need to go to Jerusalem to experience such, however that fasting experience in the wilderness was necessary to get me to the point where I could be able to be likewise.

I really hope you've committed as much to God as the apostles did otherwise you may still need such a "wilderness" experience to enable you get there..

God bless.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:42am On Mar 09, 2021
Kingpele:
God is your strength ,before embarking on a dry fasting ,it is better not to give your flesh any clue on how long u intend to stay without food ,just ask God to keep you away from food as long as he wills ,cause if you intended to fast for forty days and ended up eating on the tenth day believing in yourself that you had achieved in ten days what u believed previously u should achieve after forty days ,then u are making yourself a judge on your case,I believe you might even achieve more if u had waited more on God ,but u really love God as I happen to know the boldness,joy and confidence one usually have when he truly know his God and love him,i think I see that in u ...i won't fast for forty days unless I recieve an order from God to do it because if he commands ,he is able to preserve till the end.keep the light shining
Thanks. Really appreciate.

I've come to realize overtime in the course of my walk with God, that some of the decisions I make, things I say and do, are being led and inspired of the Spirit. So even if i'm the one doing those things myself, it's not just me but God guiding and leading me.

God bless.
Re: What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness by alterego17: 4:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Thanks. Really appreciate.

I've come to realize overtime in the course of my walk with God, that some of the decisions I make, things I say and do, are being led and inspired of the Spirit. So even if i'm the one doing those things myself, it's not just me but God guiding and leading me.

God bless.

Bro pls how do I contact u or get ur whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten Reasons Why Allah Is Not God AND Why YHWH is GOD / TB Joshua Paid My University Scholarship, Gave Me N8K Everyday In 2010 – Frodd / Pandemonium, As Fire Razes Oritsejafor’s Warri Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.