Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

@EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? (1890 Views)

Ndigbo In Lagos State Demands For ₦17m From APC To Endorse Tinubu / Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? / Where Did A "Presiding Officer" Get The Money To Acquire 22 Properties From?-APC (2) (3) (4)

@EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by nairalandankrah: 8:04am On Mar 04, 2021
"EFCC Should Arrest Him"—Oba of Lagos Under Fire For Keeping $2m, N17m In Palace

Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, is under fire over his comment on Wednesday that hoodlums who invaded his palace during the #EndSARS protest stole his $2 million and N17 million.

"I can now say it publicly that they stole from my palace two million dollars cash and N17 million, I am now saying it publicly.

"I am not a wealthy man, but I am a contented person and Insha Allahu, I will continue to be rich.

"Those who committed the offence would not have done that if they knew the implication. But as a father, I won't place any curse on them," he added.

Akiolu's comment has elicited a backlash on social media, with Nigerians asking how he got such a huge amount of money that he kept in his palace.

Many Nigerians who reacted to the story on social lambasted the monarch, asking where he got that huge amount of money.

Here are the reactions below:

According to J. Ahmed, who commented on the story, "Oba Rilwan Akiolu, can you tell Nigerians where you got $2 million and 17 million naira? You are shameless to come out with this type of story. You are not a clean man. Your curse cannot work on those who took the money.

"You cursed before but it did not work. You gave them an ultimatum to return what was taken away from your palace that you turned into a bank, but it did not work."

Suraj Adejumo wrote, "This King is shameless and callous. Two million dollars!"

Sunny Lulu, who reacted to the story, said: "In my opinion, although it is sad to note that the Oba lost such a huge amount of money supposedly to those who vandalized his palace (they are not the #Endsars protesters, but the hoodlums sponsored by failed politicians),

"The EFCC should arrest you, so you can explain where you got the money from. Even banks in America wouldn't keep that amount of money in their vaults," Mashood, who commented on the story said.

According to Ade Badejo, "Oga that one na voice mail. You get that kind amount; subjects living around you can't even feel it. Where's your humanity? You wan carry the money go to heaven? At that age?"

http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/04/efcc-should-arrest-him—oba-lagos-under-fire-keeping-2m-n17m-palace

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Dhomesz: 8:05am On Mar 04, 2021
I pray this new EFCC chairman do his job without any fear of favour

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by dumahi(m): 8:07am On Mar 04, 2021
Haha! But that's an Oba for crying out loud!

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 04, 2021
Lol OP. You're naive sha. You belive that disgraced 419 Oba ever had that sort of money just lying around? What for?

It is just a ploy to scam favours out of the patronage system that has now developed into a hydra-headed monster under Buhari. It is compensation galore under Buhari for wrongdoers while their victims are always ignored.

Everyone or group , from bandits to kidnappers and terrorists, is now blackmailing Nigeria for one thing or another. Why not this disgraced Oba and palliative hoarder?

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Warripikine: 8:14am On Mar 04, 2021
dumahi:

So he shouldn't be probed because he is an oba? Sentiment will destroy this country
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 04, 2021
Dhomesz:

Are you guys for real? Nigeria does not have good leaders because she does not have good followers.

An EFCC boss, previously fingered in graft allegations, whose first task is to instigate the harassment of Tinubu, for political purposes, is the one you "pray" does his job without fear or favour? Good luck to you sir.

https://firstnewsonline.ng/shocker-new-efcc-boss-bawa-was-once-arrested-for-theft-of-244-seized-fuel-tankers-report

Shocker! New EFCC boss, Bawa, was once arrested for theft of 244 seized fuel tankers – Report

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 8:21am On Mar 04, 2021
Blood money how else. People well known for their blood money ritualism, their king supposed to sell akara to make money? Mtwss
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:21am On Mar 04, 2021
dumahi:
And so ?
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 04, 2021
For every igbos Nwafor James baptise in Ezu River, 50% of the money (500k) goes to Akinolu. I think the Bless The Igbo Youth ministry is moving fast in Alaigbo.

Op there is your answer.

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Warripikine: 8:26am On Mar 04, 2021
SuperBold:
For every igbos Nwafor James baptise in Ezu River, 50% of the money (500k) goes to Akinolu. I think the Bless The Igbo Youth ministry is moving fast in Alaigbo.

Op there is your answer.

@superbold, why do you want to tribalise this thread? Why do you wanna turn it into a Yoruba vs Igbo affair?

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by GamalNasser: 8:35am On Mar 04, 2021
Keeping 2 million dollars cash at home is a total breach of the anti money laundering act and. Should be investigated
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Spending123: 8:39am On Mar 04, 2021
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 04, 2021
Warripikine:

@superbold, why do you want to tribalise this thread? Why do you wanna turn it into a Yoruba vs Igbo affair?

You cant be attacking/insulting my people, my king, leaders and I will clapping. Igbos are opening 10s of thread everyday attacking Yoruba, being quiet about it has made them think of us as weak. Never again

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Warripikine: 9:07am On Mar 04, 2021
SuperBold:

You cant be attacking/insulting my people, my king, leaders and I will clapping. Igbos are opening 10s of thread everyday attacking Yoruba, being quiet about it has made them think of us as weak. Never again

Lols, All tribes are guilty of that here.
Or you must be new here to think that its a one tribe affair..
Nonetheless, feel free to insult bro..it's a faceless forum grin
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 04, 2021
He got it from the lagoon
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by johnmartus(m): 9:15am On Mar 04, 2021
Just see igbos people masturbating on the issue as if the king represent their constituency. Corruption allegations hanging on the neck of their leaders they will not condemn it.But if its southwest they will not let us rest.

Those who call for Oba probe are insane. Lagos economic hub for Africa I will not surprised if Oba have that kind of money politicians foreigners, business man and woman give him money.

Sultan of sokoto is an ex men brigadier. He has 2018 rolls Royce go and investigate him sokoto the headquarter of poverty in the world.

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by pyyxxaro: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2021
Obas when small boys pursue undecided
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Jerryherd: 10:37am On Mar 04, 2021

The king of Lagos is a land owner in Lagos

Small small kings and land owners like Elegushi and other island kings have more than that sef

Some lands on the island can easily fetch him millions

Again all Kings according to Nigerian Constitution must be paid 5% of every Local Government Allocation within his territory every month

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Jerryherd: 10:47am On Mar 04, 2021
GamalNasser:
Keeping 2 million dollars cash at home is a total breach of the anti money laundering act and. Should be investigated

Which section of money laundering act did he violate?!

Infact you can keep $10 million as long as it's your money and your not transacting with it...

Didn't Dangote withdraw $10, million just to see how it looked like when he started making money

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by GamalNasser: 10:49am On Mar 04, 2021
Jerryherd:

Which section of money laundering act did he violate?!

Infact you can keep $10 million as long as it's your money and your not transacting with it...

Didn't Dangote withdraw $10, million just to see how it looked like when he started making money

Jerry so you are still a supporter of corruption
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Letthrmsay(m): 10:52am On Mar 04, 2021
IPOBTERRORISTS:
Blood money how else. People well known for their blood money ritualism, their king supposed to sell akara to make money? Mtwss

Eleribu lehin eranko wonyi sha. If rice has stone, must it b from these useless idiots?
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Jerryherd: 10:53am On Mar 04, 2021
GamalNasser:

Jerry so you are still a supporter of corruption

Na wa oo , untop person money it is now corruption..

Do you guys expect a king to be going to Bank every time he needs money

Oba of Lagos isn't in charge of Government fund, his monthly share is 5% of all Island Local Government allocation within his territory, he can spend it how he likes

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by tito44: 11:02am On Mar 04, 2021
johnmartus:
Just see igbos people masturbating on the issue as if the king represent their constituency. Corruption allegations hanging on the neck of their leaders they will not condemn it.But if its southwest they will not let us rest.

Those who call for Oba probe are insane. Lagos economic hub for Africa I will not surprised if Oba have that kind of money politicians foreigners, business man and woman give him money.

Sultan of sokoto is an ex men brigadier. He has 2018 rolls Royce go and investigate him sokoto the headquarter of poverty in the world.

Will u just shut that smelly pit you call mouth. Supporter of corruption.

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Whoube99(f): 11:05am On Mar 04, 2021
dumahi:

Wetiin the oba dey sell
Lands to Fulani herders maybe
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Jerryherd: 11:10am On Mar 04, 2021
johnmartus:

Oba of Lagos retired as an AIG that's a rank close to IG of police

They wail and wail and wail over everything

Each and every King in Nigeria earns 5% of local government allocation of their respective territory,

Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by johnmartus(m): 11:56am On Mar 04, 2021
Don't mind them.
Jerryherd:

Oba of Lagos retired as an AIG that's a rank close to IG of police

They wail and wail and wail over everything

Each and every King in Nigeria earns 5% of local government allocation of their respective territory,
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by johnmartus(m): 11:57am On Mar 04, 2021
Okay
tito44:

Will u just shut that smelly pit you call mouth. Supporter of corruption.
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Luther0luther: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2021
Almost a billion naira! In the house? Money really miss road!
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Monogamy: 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2021
It is either the Oba was misquoted or the Oba is lying
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by HMarshal(m): 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2021
Dhomesz:

Wich one? The one string puppet brought in to check mate the strong persons who could take power from the north in 2023??
Re: @EFCC: Where Did Oba Of Lagos Get 2million$, And 17m Naira? by Optional09: 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2021
I am not in support of this EFCC leadership. He will not be allowed to harass any Yoruba person either good or bad. Let him start his gragra from the North. Don’t try to harass anybody from the SW.

That’s the precedence the north set and they shall be paid back in their own coin.

Obiano Has Finally Turned Anambra State To A Hoodlum State / APC Announces Zoning Committee / A Townhall Different From Bala-blu”: University Sets Exam Question For Mass Com