Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,945 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? (39458 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Nychillax(m): 8:03am On Mar 05, 2021
ublight:

how do i learn this skill bro?

Lol, not easy for graduate to learn it coz u will associate urself with illiterates, it takes a lot of focus and dedication. Am planning to av my personal trailer before the end of this year by God's grace.
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by DPricey1(f): 8:05am On Mar 05, 2021
If you want a career as a teacher, you might continue (for job experience sake) and get side jobs/tutorials.

I made up my mind not to do any job less than 50k after my youth service. I couldn't get such job, so I decided to move to the village to avoid paying rent.

I had the 50k I saved during service, my family added 65k to my 50 and business started at my mum's shop.

I sold plantain chips, zobo, fruits and hair attachments. It wasn't easy but I have no regrets.
I got married the next year and now sell crayfish.

Op, the reason for all this alaye is that you should sit down and decide what you want. God no go shame us

5 Likes

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2021
EmekaA125:
Graduates receiving #15K salary is a clear indication that FG has no plans for the teeming youths and it's unimaginable to think that 15K will sustain anyone in this present economy.
God help us in this country the government doesn't care
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2021
EmekaA125:
Graduates receiving #15K salary is a clear indication that FG has no plans for the teeming youths and it's unimaginable to think that 15K will sustain anyone in this present economy.
To get a small loan to start something sef is miracle in this country despite you will pay with interest
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:12am On Mar 05, 2021
Fakbrown:
I rather stay at home than earn 15k, when i was done with school, i worked for a month to raise a bit of capital, i had to stop the next month, we dont live to make others rich, bro yakpa go stay for house, i prefer starting my petty business with 15k than work for 30k
Like which business meat selling?
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by fieryblitz(m): 8:12am On Mar 05, 2021
CalebLebsco56:
I am an oriented graduate and I work with a private school, teaching and being paid 15k sometimes Iook at myself and kept pondering, but its not my fault because I have been scouting for job....

Who Else is in this Category

How are you Coping, despite the Harsh Economy?

My sister is in this same shoes, there was a day I called a lady that stays with my family and she told she's job hunting, I now asked what category of job does she want, she was like anyone she can get with SSCE then she made an offside remark that even my sister with the B.ed is teaching at a school for 15k. That thing pain me ehn!
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by german01(m): 8:28am On Mar 05, 2021
AFONJACOW:
If you are graduate and agree on 100k job , you must be a fool, with your paper, go to Minister of education and get your attestation , since u don't have money to travel to Canada or Japan, get uae 3months tourist visa, do Sira under security supervisor level , your pay for ordinary security guide will put 320k minimum for ur hand or you start from supervisor depending on how fast u want the money , after your 1 week training look for job with your attestation and sira certificate you will get security supervisor job that will pay you half a million naira every month with transportation, medical and accommodation provided don't waste your time in Nigeria, there's no future for the youth there
is these as easy as you said it?

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Brunicekid(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2021
ScamHunter:
I was there years ago. It's no big deal. Just keep walking...
He should decide firmly what he want... 15k is small...
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by badonkadonk: 8:36am On Mar 05, 2021
CalebLebsco56:
I am an oriented graduate and I work with a private school, teaching and being paid 15k sometimes Iook at myself and kept pondering, but its not my fault because I have been scouting for job....

I once did a verification job for a consultancy firm and I was paid per job, at the end of the month, my take home pay was 6k and less. By the time I remove transportation, e go be like I dey dash consultancy firm my money cos my money go follow the work go.

And I was a graduate too. At times, you just have to convince yourself that whatever you are at isn't the final bus stop, it's just to keep body, mind and soul together.

Something better awaits you
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by chiefolododo(m): 8:40am On Mar 05, 2021
Incognito403:

Lemme advise you. The fact is that all those things they thought us in school are not really relevant in the real world. They're useful but they're too low for what the modern skill market needs. If you want to get a good pay you'll have to reeducate yourself by taking courses online and watching youtube videos.

Do you have a laptop?

If yes, then I think you should quite that 15k job. It might be tough but I believe it's the right thing to do. There'll be tough times that might make you regret leaving your 15k job but try to focus on where you're going.

Find time to learn WordPress and/or graphics design. If you're smart you should be up and running with WordPress in one month of intensive study.

Next, jump to facebook and create a business page. Same on twitter.

Next, offer to design websites for businesses for free but they'll pay for their domain name and hosting. These are the ones you'll use as portfolio and sample.

Next, start advertising aggressively on twitter and facebook that you'll help people design a website for 5k. Finding one client a week is possible. You may need to visit hubspot to learn about digital marketing tricks and tips.

The above is just to give you a quick side hustle to get some money. It's not really enough to build a future on. But the small money you're getting from it should help you stay away from teaching jobs.

Next, you should learn a sustainable skill like copywriting, data science, web programming. There's money in these skills. It might take some time before you land your first job but once you do. Your life will turn around drastically. I won't say much.

Pro tip: once you learn these things, make sure you build a brand of your own; business name, website, facebook page etc.

Now, you might ask:
1 - how do I get a laptop?
2 - how do I get money to sustain myself for my first few months of learning?

Go and borrow money from your family and friends. I'm sure you'll have secondary and university mates that have become quite comfortable. Talk to them and see if they can be borrowing you 20k per month for the next three months (15k for food and 5k for data).

By this time next year, by the grace of God, you'll have paid those debts and be living decently to say the least.
hmmm
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by CalebLebsco56(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2021
badonkadonk:

I once did a verification job for a consultancy firm and I was paid per job, at the end of the month, my take home pay was 6k and less. By the time I remove transportation, e go be like I dey dash consultancy firm my money cos my money go follow the work go.

And I was a graduate too. At times, you just have to convince yourself that whatever you are at isn't the final bus stop, it's just to keep body, mind and soul together.

Something better awaits you
Amen
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by ublight: 8:47am On Mar 05, 2021
Nychillax:

Lol, not easy for graduate to learn it coz u will associate urself with illiterates, it takes a lot of focus and dedication. Am planning to av my personal trailer before the end of this year by God's grace.

so what do i do?
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Nychillax(m): 8:48am On Mar 05, 2021
ublight:

so what do i do?

Which state are u presently??
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by buJu234: 8:53am On Mar 05, 2021
I dont knw whether its laziness or ignorance oo..

u re a graduate yet there are people looking for home lesson teachers for their kids preparing for Jamb GCE Waece IELTS etc..

Go and look for these people teach their kids and earn nothing less than 30k per student with just 3 times a week coaching..

Imagine doing that for 4-5 family in a month.. gbam u re getting over 120-150k per mth..

Do this for 2yrs while saving 100k per month.. bro.. then u have enough capital to diversify in business..

So stop sitting down in on yeye private school paying u 15k peanuts, wasting ur destiny and complaining when u can turn urself into the private coaching Nig. Ltd.

3 Likes

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by german01(m): 8:53am On Mar 05, 2021
AFONJACOW:
If you are graduate and agree on 100k job , you must be a fool, with your paper, go to Minister of education and get your attestation , since u don't have money to travel to Canada or Japan, get uae 3months tourist visa, do Sira under security supervisor level , your pay for ordinary security guide will put 320k minimum for ur hand or you start from supervisor depending on how fast u want the money , after your 1 week training look for job with your attestation and sira certificate you will get security supervisor job that will pay you half a million naira every month with transportation, medical and accommodation provided don't waste your time in Nigeria, there's no future for the youth there
what attestation are you going in their for?
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by CalebLebsco56(m): 8:58am On Mar 05, 2021
PartnerusIsBack:

Please can you write manuscripts?
. yes, if I am tutor well
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Ayodele1987(m): 9:00am On Mar 05, 2021
After my NYSC I get a Job in a company and the company was paying me 30k per month and when I see that I wouldn't coup with the 30k I left the Job and move on to go and learn plumbing work.......u can also do the same
CalebLebsco56:

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Esyy(f): 9:01am On Mar 05, 2021
What 15k?

Really?

How do y'all cope?

This is saddening...

Regardless of that, I'll drop my sincere opinion here for anyone who cares to read

I'm currently a serving corp member, and I do consistent 5figures per month from my skills asides my allawee

Remember I said skills - content writing, affiliate marketing, social media marketing and management are my core Skills

But then, I want to point out the fact that learning those skills cost me tons of money

Please, my advice is this - try and learn one or two skills.... that's the only way out of this mess

With the skills I have now, I work from home and on jobs I feel like taking

However, I know it's not going to be easy but then....the end result is worth it

Ps: I don't have money as you think cos I use my proceeds to upgrade my skills through training and courses grin

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Relixy2k: 9:03am On Mar 05, 2021
Exactly. No need to make the person feel worse. I was earning 13k many years ago as a teacher. Even a student offer to pay my transport fare then because he knew we are so poorly paid. I kept applying and searching earnestly for opportunities and today, I have achieved what I thought then as a teacher only men of 50 years and above could in life
LordPherule:

Don't ever feel down! I've once been in that issue. I tried to stay back at the private school I served in IB. The workload is tedious than the pay but I bear it till I sourced out more income streams with the 15k, thou she later increased it to 20k. I take some freelance gigs online and offline, and other IT support.
My monthly expenses is more than the 20k she pays. I only liked the job for the short day, not long day like the bankers do.
I bear with the system till I was pissed off by the hurting words of those unseasoned rich people with no sense of humour.

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by CalebLebsco56(m): 9:08am On Mar 05, 2021
Mrlola:

Private chat me. 15k ke?
how can I private chat you?
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 05, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Blood of Zachariah please tell me you are joking

No jokes. And the 5k wasn't even regular grin

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Pegi23(f): 9:10am On Mar 05, 2021
I'm not a graduate. But my salary is just 30k and some side stuff can amount to 45 or 40k.

Leave that work

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by CalebLebsco56(m): 9:16am On Mar 05, 2021
sapphiere:
My cream alone is 55k and it doesn't last beyond 33days. Get a skill or go into business.
the life no balance...
I have been applying jobs and doing some side hussle, but looking for something permanent to help me start up a business
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by CalebLebsco56(m): 9:26am On Mar 05, 2021
[quote author=icon8 post=99611296]
What does an oriented graduate mean?[/quote som1 that can adapt to a new thing.. to find yourself in relation to your surrounding.
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Henryifi: 9:29am On Mar 05, 2021
sapphiere:
My cream alone is 55k and it doesn't last beyond 33days. Get a skill or go into business.

Really, I'm a graduate too but managing with a security company. 24k a month.
Any help pls?
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by elOnuh007: 9:36am On Mar 05, 2021
[/color]
lordally:
I finished Nysc in 2019 October... Tried going to the USA that same year in December... I was denied Omo that day I just sit-down for that Walter Carrington street dey look the sea wey dey US embassy side dey reason weda I go jump enter inside begin swim from there go US grin then in 2020 Corona virus struck and jobs were blocked ...I registered for a software development course bought a laptop paid for the course ( part payment ) then I got promises from my uncle in US that he would be sending me Monthly stipends to enable me get Data for my course and other necessary things to keep me going so I could face my course squarely... A promise he never fulfilled , although the laptop I got and the part payment for the course came from him... Omo I was struggling to get data and other things for my course...I was fucking broke ...I had to stop the course cos I couldn't continue. As a jovial guy , I made friends with people I come across so one of the friends I mad in my Training thought me one Sportybet trick like that so within a week , I made close to 70k before the trick come caste!! Omo I won die!!! Naso I come dey manage the money small small!! Then as the money won come finish I just dey confused on the next step to take na in my girlfriend ( God bless you BABY ) helped me secure a Covid19 loan of 500k ...Omo I happy die!! I put part of the money to good use while half of it I invested in Racksterli currently I make 120k from Racksterli monthly and I'm working on something with a close friend of mine which once it goes well it would change my financial story for good sha!!! And I'm also working on getting a job at Unical as a non academic staff...once I get the job I no go work pass 3yrs bad as e bad!! Cos my goal na to travel out!!!
[color=#006600]
lordally:
I finished Nysc in 2019 October... Tried going to the USA that same year in December... I was denied Omo that day I just sit-down for that Walter Carrington street dey look the sea wey dey US embassy side dey reason weda I go jump enter inside begin swim from there go US grin then in 2020 Corona virus struck and jobs were blocked ...I registered for a software development course bought a laptop paid for the course ( part payment ) then I got promises from my uncle in US that he would be sending me Monthly stipends to enable me get Data for my course and other necessary things to keep me going so I could face my course squarely... A promise he never fulfilled , although the laptop I got and the part payment for the course came from him... Omo I was struggling to get data and other things for my course...I was fucking broke ...I had to stop the course cos I couldn't continue. As a jovial guy , I made friends with people I come across so one of the friends I mad in my Training thought me one Sportybet trick like that so within a week , I made close to 70k before the trick come caste!! Omo I won die!!! Naso I come dey manage the money small small!! Then as the money won come finish I just dey confused on the next step to take na in my girlfriend ( God bless you BABY ) helped me secure a Covid19 loan of 500k ...Omo I happy die!! I put part of the money to good use while half of it I invested in Racksterli currently I make 120k from Racksterli monthly and I'm working on something with a close friend of mine which once it goes well it would change my financial story for good sha!!! And I'm also working on getting a job at Unical as a non academic staff...once I get the job I no go work pass 3yrs bad as e bad!! Cos my goal na to travel out!!!
lordally:
Please can you tell me a lil bit about [b][/color]
lordally:
[color=#006600]
lordally:
lordally:
Please can you tell me a lil bit about [/b][/color]
lordally:
[color=#006600]
lordally:
lordally:
Please can you tell me lil about Racksterli? I really need a good side hustle
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Kassel: 9:40am On Mar 05, 2021
Is not been easy am also in that category but there's a better hope.
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by ublight: 9:47am On Mar 05, 2021
Nychillax:

Which state are u presently??
i am inbetween akwa ibom and oyo
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2021
LordPherule:
You have to leave that Osun.
Thanks, I pray for open doors.
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by spencekat(m): 9:59am On Mar 05, 2021
Holluwhakemmy:
Hmmm I also earn the same 15K as a graduate, frm 8am -7pm What would I do?
Chai!God will make a way.Don't give up!Keep fighting!

1 Like

Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by descarado: 10:01am On Mar 05, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Minimum wage is 30K, or so i thought.......

This is truly a sad condition, my maid receives 30K a month........
Brutus, even you shocked
Re: 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? by Lexusgs430: 10:03am On Mar 05, 2021
descarado:

Brutus, even you shocked

When I say Nigeria is broke + a failed state......... Some pipu go dey curse me........ cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Uniform In 1948 / National Taskforce Salary And Mode Of Operation / Osun Lawyers In Suit Cutting Grasses (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.