Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

I Disowned My Mother - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Disowned My Mother (40962 Views)

My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / Shalom Shoremi: Lesbian Disowned By Family On Newspaper For Same Sex Marriage / 22-Year-Old Girl Disowned By Her Parents After Being Released From Prison.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Disowned My Mother by DennisEche(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

She hates my wife because she is from the same tribe as my dad. She wanted me to marry a lady from her tribe.

she also thinks she is ugly and will give birth to ugly kids.
Lols but your mum should know that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Goodypc: 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
You're wrong for saying you disowned your mum. What if your younger brother never record the voice in the first place... My best suggestion and advice is to caution her.
Some of this older people always thought they are wiser than you.. Please don't disclose your misunderstanding with your wife and if you have done that. Try as much as you can to make peace within..
Please forgive and don't disown your mum.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by toxtimmy: 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2021
Don't cut off the rope with your mom... Call her weekly occasionally to ask how she is... If you need to support her any way, shape or form please do... That being said this will take maybe 20 minutes of your time weekly to do this... Here comes the other good news, enjoy the rest of your week less the 20 minutes with your wife and all the great people around you and you will be at peace for the rest of your beautiful life.

2 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by fredoooooo: 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
Don't worry use your mother inlaw to do your mother , your head go soon straight .. by the way where is ya papa ? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by airminem(f): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
What if i wishd the baby survived and wished your mum had died?! Anyway we will all die someday! Sorry about the loss
Re: I Disowned My Mother by okoIYAyin(m): 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
So you've made the decision to disown your mom, what more are you expecting to hear from us huh. BTW why will you even tell your mom about the recording your brother sent to you, isn't that supposed to be a secret stuff. Well since you've already disown your mom, we can't advice you again on that but if you're willing to reown her back, you can then come here for advice cool

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by larryking540: 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:
My wife gave birth in November but we lost the baby 2 days after. What shocked me was when my younger brother sent me a voice message of what they had discussed about my wife and my mum was not remorseful, she said she is not happy that the baby has died she wish it was my wife that died in the process and the innocent baby lives , he recorded her without her knowledge because he didn't like what she was saying.

I immediately called her and play the voice, I taught she will be sorry for what she said, she didn't give a damn. She said she is not an hypocrite, she never like my wife and she can't pretend. I cut the phone with a broken heart even taught she never like my wife she could have at least show forget about the hatred and show her some love in this difficult situation.
My step mother has been taken care of my wife I am grateful , my mum has never bothered to call to know about her health and I haven't call her either. I disowned her. I don't hate her but I don't want nothing to do with her anymore because she is a disgrace to womanhood.

Please advice me if am I in the wrong

polygamous house,,men should try avoid it by all means ,it doesn't end well ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Allwell96: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
I think u are about to make matters worse. Your mother may start thinking it's your wife that's taking u away from her. Don't disown her please, she's your mother no matter what. Show her some respect, even your wife too. By so doing, maybe your mom will come back to her right senses and everything will be alright.

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Kelvin3476: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
id4sho:
angry
I was invited to a baby dedication, when I got there the baby was sleeping, I have to leave since the celebrant is not serious....very disrespectful.
the celebrant dnt want to see someone like u , and that was why he/she slept on knwing u are invited
Re: I Disowned My Mother by igbowoman: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:
My wife gave birth in November but we lost the baby 2 days after. What shocked me was when my younger brother sent me a voice message of what they had discussed about my wife and my mum was not remorseful, she said she is not happy that the baby has died she wish it was my wife that died in the process and the innocent baby lives , he recorded her without her knowledge because he didn't like what she was saying.

I immediately called her and play the voice, I taught she will be sorry for what she said, she didn't give a damn. She said she is not an hypocrite, she never like my wife and she can't pretend. I cut the phone with a broken heart even taught she never like my wife she could have at least show forget about the hatred and show her some love in this difficult situation.
My step mother has been taken care of my wife I am grateful , my mum has never bothered to call to know about her health and I haven't call her either. I disowned her. I don't hate her but I don't want nothing to do with her anymore because she is a disgrace to womanhood.

It is unfortunate but take the truth for what it is
You have done right.Your mother is evil. Don't allow her near you,near your wife or near your kids.
She has shown you who she is believe her
I commend you for standing by your wife, some jellyback men will not

9 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by simplesearch: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

Did she show this hatred and disapproval at the point of introduction or was it a recent development? If No, then try to find out what exactly went wrong and at what point your wive's attitude became an issue to her. Let her provide you with an answer, then prayerfully ask her what she wanted done to resolve the issue, also ask her if she were her daughter would she have wanted her dead or will she want any of her own daughter dead in their husbands house? Just ask her some personal and practical questions. Don't tow the line of disowning her yet, it's too early to do that.

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

Efulefu.
When your mother finally dies I hope you and your step mum will not come and shed crocodile tears. After carrying you in her womb for 9 months and feeding you, this is how you want to repay her.

You're a bastard.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by victorazy(m): 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

grin you got a witch mother bro!

5 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by grammarnazi12: 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:
She did wrong but she is still your mom who gave you life.... Forgive her please

We Move
The mother did not give him life.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Shalommy(f): 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
U don't have any right to disown ur parents. It's like u've not been taking care of that woman. Better change.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Exmilitant(m): 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Some Mothers can be unnecessarily Stubborn and hard hearted..
Some Could be so annoying and Wicked in their attitude.
Some could even be involved in Witchcraft!
Nevertheless, as long as she is the one that carried you 9 months, she is your mother.
Do not Disown her!
What u can do for her is to Pray for her Salvation.
Also be Prayerful and Watchful!

I Decree the Healing Hands of GOD on your wife.
I Decree affliction will not rise up the Second time in the Name of JESUS..... Amen
What right do you have to decree?
Re: I Disowned My Mother by ceeceeuwa: 3:23pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

You are not wrong! Not all mothers are truelly mothers... don't let anyone guilt trip you. Your mum clearly wished you evil by wishing your wife death. That means she will be happy seeing you in grief. And she is not even remorseful about it. You have to be prayerful nothing happens to you, if not they will show your wife pepper!

6 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by victorazy(m): 3:23pm On Mar 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Some Mothers can be unnecessarily Stubborn and hard hearted..
Some Could be so annoying and Wicked in their attitude.
Some could even be involved in Witchcraft!
Nevertheless, as long as she is the one that carried you 9 months, she is your mother.
Do not Disown her!
What u can do for her is to Pray for her Salvation.
Also be Prayerful and Watchful!

I Decree the Healing Hands of GOD on your wife.
I Decree affliction will not rise up the Second time in the Name of JESUS..... Amen

God bless you.

Only a witch mother can be this stonehearted.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

She hates my wife because she is from the same tribe as my dad. She wanted me to marry a lady from her tribe.

she also thinks she is ugly and will give birth to ugly kids.
Well then you are justified to cut her off. Your mother is a bigot and even took it a step further by spicing it up with raw hatred. I am sure if your dad had the same mentality as your mom ,you won't be born today.Nonsense!.

Mind you she will hate any kid of yours that looks like your wife ,that is for certain. We need to learn that in this generation every bad energy should be cut short, parents or not. I would do same if any parent of mine shows this undiluted hatred for another human being not to talk of my spouse.

Your step mother is even more humane than your mother, very unfortunate. If it's any consolation, sometimes the bane of our existence can be family .

5 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Chriskito09: 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2021
Most mothers are into witchcraft nowadays.am not surprised she hates ur wife but she also hate ur kids also.
Less I forget someone cant hate ur father or mother and claim they like u...you bether go and check out all ur family members spiritually to know who is who cause this life deep.
I know some people will say eh she's ur mother she carried u 9 months etc it does not stop her from harming you,ur wife or kids.No let any bother use the life or destiny of ur kids,wife etc to collect rank spiritually.
Note:be very prayerful and dont slack.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disowned My Mother by dimugonabo: 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:
Thank you all so much for your advice.

Did your mother give her blessings to your marriage?

If no, then I'm sorry to say your marriage will not last.

Parent's blessings are very important in a marriage.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Yemisi87: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

You are a fool.

I can see that you are from polygamus family.

You need to pray for your mother. Her behavior may not be ordinary. One of rivalry weapons use in polygamus home is for the mother to do what will cause enemity between herself and the children just for her not to eat the food of her labor.
Pray for your mum and apply wisdom and patience.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by ScamHunter: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
My brother, you do not have a good family. As in, your brother, instead of rebuking your mother had the effrontery to record her evil and send to you? Do not consider any of them to have done the right thing. I pray you to forgive your mother's foolishness. You'll have peace.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Amb1045(m): 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
it's childish for you to say you disown your mum for the love she has for her grandchildren. remember too, women hate each other . learn to manage their crises

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Disowned My Mother by bnovative(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2021
sorry for your loss.
Having read through your story, I think you are not telling us a balanced story. I won't advice much on a single story told by someone who wouldn't explain why it has to be the step mother that is taking care of you. why would your brother also hate your mother too? I'm sure he set the tone of the discussion, being that he was going to record what she said. for what purpose?
until I hear her story, I wouldn't know how to advice you. If disowning your mum makes you feel great, fine. But the truth is: something is missing in your story and you know it.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by MrCover: 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2021
@poster, clam Down Joor, she is still your mother
Re: I Disowned My Mother by sammirano: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2021
Are you mad or domething? Disown your mother for wife of how many years? Well you dont calue what you have until you lose it. Keep it up
Re: I Disowned My Mother by igbowoman: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2021
Any children you have by your wife will also be hated by her.
Your mother is a witch.
A korokoro witch and she has shown all the signs
Cut her off immediately !!
I hope your wife listened to that recording so she can know not to expose herself to danger.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Chriskito09: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
Shalommy:
U don't have any right to disown ur parents. It's like u've not been taking care of that woman. Better change.

Thankgod ur mum is a great but make u know enta bad mother inlaw hand oooooo cause u go here am[color=#990000][/color]
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Grace001: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
She is wishing another woman daughter death and wish that her own is alive.

Whatever you wish to other (be it good or bad) you get it in multiple fold

Haba which kind mama be that

4 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Chriskito09: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2021
sammirano:
Are you mad or domething? Disown your mother for wife of how many years? Well you dont calue what you have until you lose it. Keep it up

Till she kill this young man niam u go rest

6 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by nyerovwo4me(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2021
mutter:
First of all.. I am really sorry about you loss and the whole pain.

But do you actually realize that the real harm came from your brother!.
You ought to disown him if at all you want to disown anyone.
Your mother on receiving the news has two blows... One loosing her grandchild and two knowing the pain her son was in.
People can say allot of things in pain and shock!
I habe actually heard people say thebwishbitbwas their father that died when their mother died.
That was really very wrong of your brother.
I wonder how sorry he felt for you and how pained he was at your loss that he had the mind to tape that conversation and then go back to you to play it to you.
Was it right to confront you with that added pain?
It's obvious that your brother has no love lost for your mother!
It was very wrong of him.
When you confronted your mother on the phone what did you expect?
An apology? You know that parents aren't used to apologising and secondly her apology at that stage wouldn't have meant anything to you.
It was the will of God to take your child back home. The ways of God are not known to man.
In your pain it seems better to feel anger than hurt. I guess anger makes us feel the pain less.
But if your wife is aware of what happened she will only be hurting the more.
Please give yourself and your wife the time to heal and don't project your anger on a mother who lives you but said something stupid.
That your mother does not like your wife could have reasons..
Now you knew this all along but you omitted to correct that issue.
It is often the case that mothers are extremely jealous of loosing their sons to another woman.
May God give you the strength and wisdom to solve this issue

Shut your stinky mouth by saying the brother did wrong. First of all OP you have a real brother and you should value him for the rest of your life
You did well by disowning her
She is a wicked mother and you should stay far away from her with all possible means even if it means she won’t see you and your family ever again.

I’m telling you from what I have see with my very own eyes

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Husband Burns His Wife For Being Beautiful / Nigerian Lesbian Aderonke Apata Pleads For UK Judge To Save Her Life / Ways To Secure Your Husband From Strange Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.