Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,094 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools (20427 Views)

Pictures Every Year One Student Can Relate To In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Athemisia: 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

If this is true, i commend Akeredolu, you did well. Far more better than reciting the zoo anthem.

South East and south south Governors should emulate this too.

We don't emulate ruuuuuuubish....

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Topmaike007(m): 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
Dpharisee:
South East schools should recite the Biafra anthem, everyone needs to have an identity. One Nigeria na scamatozua
Igbo governors are coward jare
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Omoluabi1stborn: 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2021
scholes0:

You be MVP.

That silly mao is from BBC.... and you know that anything which involved them is......
Yes , you're correct grin
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Wickedfacts: 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2021
Athemisia:

Ritualist... grin

Respect yourself. Don't act stupid.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Mummymahdi(f): 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
001spice:
I knew ur type will be quick tonegetive condemn any move from that of the country. You pple feel they r nt useful to Nigeria that why u pple can`t let them bcom president of country yet u still cnt let them be on their own. What the essence keeping hold of something you dnt wat or value in ur house.

U are negetive about the amalgamation itself while am a positive individual, I see things from that perspective, am a hausa person but its out of love for Peter Obi I voted for PDPin the last election, up there am backing Oodua anthem because they didn't replace Nigerian national anthem but just added, but Biafra is a divide to Nigerian boundary. Hope u will readwith neutral mind and understand not with igbo mind that hates the north so much
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by omoluka: 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2021
Penguin2:

You and the point of this news are far apart.

Instead of seeing what is coming as regards the unity of Nigeria, the fact Akeredolu is already preparing for dissolution of Nigeria by ordering the recitation of Oodua Anthem.

But no, it is the Igbos that are causing you heartache.
You are falling for the divide and rule tactics of the Fulani's

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Athemisia: 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
Wickedfacts:

Respect yourself. Don't act stupid.
Another ritualist spotted.

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Casham: 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2021
tamdun:

U better go and sleep, u want things to get better with the way fulani is treating other tribes?
Fela, Idris, Tetuilla, African China all sang about how bad Nigeria is/was way before Fulanis started banditry; so Fulanis are not the major problem of Nigeria. I know! Fulanis killed my uncles, but they are NOT NIGERIA'S MAJOR PROBLEM. So seccession doesn't solve anything. It only removes a brother we just love/learn to hate.
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Casham: 12:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
Wickedfacts:
[s][/s]

No single region is the problem of Nigeria?
You are a curse to your people who get killed every day by Fulanis.
as I said, I sometimes wish this seccession will happen so we can learn the hard way. The only problem is that it will be too late then. We Africans love to blame everyone else for our backwardness except the man in the mirror. Our parents blamed Ghanaians and chased them away. South Africa blamed Nigerians and killed us. Yorubas blamed Igbos and discriminate them. Igbos blamed Hausas and started a civil war. Hausas blamed Yorubas and call them names. We all blame the white man and our leaders. Muslims and Christians are at loggerheads. Blame each other as much as we want, but the outside world knows that WE ARE OUR ONLY PROBLEM AND OUR ONLY SOLUTIONS.
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Awoleesu(m): 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
OkutaNla:
Akeredolu be correct yoruba man. He is proof that marrying an ibo/non-yoruba wife shouldn't necessarily make a Yoruba man turn into a culturally emasculated simp. Seyi Makinde should go and apprentice under Aketi on how to grow some balls.

Wallahi!

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Awoleesu(m): 12:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
35824L:
Commendable. Iboes in Ondo schools must have to pledge allegiance to Oodua as they recite our anthem. We keep colonizing these people but they run to nairaland to beat their gully erosion battered chests.

Pls stop this!
The main effort should be at emancipation of the South generally...
This attitude is in bad taste!
Imagine if Aketi thinks like this, how far would he have gone? He's married to a Igbo woman remember..
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Casham: 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
Seeeker:

Locate nearest transformer and hug it... Caliphate wannabe
keep taking pride in your dullness. I owe no allegiance to no region or tribe, but to Nigeria. I am a black man just like you.
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by 001spice: 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
Am nt an igbo man so scrap the words u said bout me using an igbo mind.my point is clear the igbo ave been so much marginalize and ur type will never see anything wrong with that.
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Awoleesu(m): 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
OkutaNla:

I know that. That's why I said ibo or non-yoruba wife. I can bet you that Makinde wouldn't have had the balls to do this if he were in Aketi's position in Ondo, with his ijaw wife. He would be too afraid that the decision might offend his wife's people. He has repeatedly demonstrated such lack of courage to take overtly pro-Yoruba positions in his administrative style of governance since this Fulani herdsmen problem escalated.

The average Nigerian politician show their true colours in their 2nd term in office...
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by LordOfTheGame: 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

If this is true, i commend Akeredolu, you did well. Far more better than reciting the zoo anthem.

See i am not hyping o...but have you ever listen to BIAFRA ANTHEM before? the composer and the tune giver of that anthem deserves nothing but a special place in God's right hand side in heaven.
What a great piece. The anthem is full of patriotism, hope, Joy and above all so EMOTIONAL. If you're an emotional person, there's no way you won't shade tears when listening to the anthem. That's how a sensible anthem should be unlike the zoo anthem

Second, third and fourth stanzas the burst head i swear

Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation,
O fatherland, this be our solemn pledge:
Defending thee shall be a dedication,
Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege;
The waving standard which emboldens the free
Shall always be our flag of liberty.

We shall emerge triumphant from this ordeal,
And through the crucible unscathed we’ll pass;
When we are poised the wounds of battle to heal,
We shall remember those who died in mass;
Then shall our trumpets peal the glorious song
Of victory we scored o’er might and wrong.

Oh God, protect us from the hidden pitfall,
Guide all our movements lest we go astray;
Give us the strength to heed the humanist call:
To give and not to count the cost’ each day;
Bless those who rule to serve with resoluteness,
To make this clime a land of righteousness.

Beautiful land of the free. God bless Biafraland!
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by LordOfTheGame: 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
donmixc:
They can't recite that trashy anthem while under Nigeria, maybe when they get their oduwa kingdom, they can do whatever they like, foolish governor

Your comment is full of jittery and fear of the unknown.
Why are you so scared of the emergence of a Yoruba nation, Igbo nation and Niger Delta nation if you don't have any hidden skeleton in your cupboard?
Buhari have made the disintegration of Nigeria very easy and visible with his nepotism and religious bigotry.
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by yetunsbay(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
donmixc:
They can't recite that trashy anthem while under Nigeria, maybe when they get their oduwa kingdom, they can do whatever they like, foolish governor
na you be the foolish anonymous person. Atleast we Sabi the Gov, who knw u

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by PussyOdour(m): 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
Toneyo:

Your comment made me to search for the anthem online. I listened to it for the first time, I was like wow!

I had to listen to it repeated 7 times before I was distracted by a call. It is all what you described.

Same here bro

I downloaded the anthem just now, it sound nice

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by firstratedcitiz(m): 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
He was wrong: Akeredolu's wife is Igbo.
Omoluabi1stborn:

He's correct.

Aketi lives in Ibadan
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by BizBayo: 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
Penguin2:

You and the point of this news are far apart.

Instead of seeing what is coming as regards the unity of Nigeria, the fact Akeredolu is already preparing for dissolution of Nigeria by ordering the recitation of Oodua Anthem.

But no, it is the Igbos that are causing you heartache.

The guy na fulani terrorist. I don report him comment. That's one of their tactics of causing division between Yoruba and Igbos. By their comment you shall know them.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by BizBayo: 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
Kondomatic:
Omoh this level of "daftness" is unseen before.

When next you see such comment, just report it. The guy is neither Yoruba nor Igbo but a fulani terrorist.
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by sharone21(f): 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
Aketi doesn't disappoint. My respect for him has been long, from the time of being NBA's boss and Father Christmas ( lol).

Very commendable and other regions must emulate immediately especially SE/SS.

We go dey let Yorubas to first TEST RUN things, not that they are more intelligent or more innovative than others but because they get more sympathy/friendship from the North than others. If na SE/SS try am, dem go quickly despatch army there saying we want to secede.

Our governors from the South must unite and begin to give us RESTRUCTURING, we are tired of waiting for our Senators.

Between, Aketi has nothing to lose this is his 2nd term in office....APC will somewhat be 'disappointed' in his several initiatives for his state.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:17pm On Mar 05, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

See i am not hyping o...but have you ever listen to BIAFRA ANTHEM before? the composer and the tune giver of that anthem deserves nothing but a special place in God's right hand side in heaven.
What a great piece. The anthem is full of patriotism, hope, Joy and above all so EMOTIONAL. If you're an emotional person, there's no way you won't shade tears when listening to the anthem. That's how a sensible anthem should be unlike the zoo anthem

You just have to make this about your nonsense biafra
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Omoluabi1stborn: 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2021
firstratedcitiz:
He was wrong: Akeredolu's wife is Igbo.

He didn't dispute the fact

Iamgrey5 said.
Aketi wife is Igbo and Seyi wife nah Ijaw.

And Aketi Lives in Ibadan

So he's correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Livingstone124: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
This one NIGERIA stuff don tire me abeg make this country split into three, our president for the north is confused
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by macof(m): 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool.

If anyone is not okay with it, let him or her move out and go back to his/her hut in his/her region cool

This should be done in all SW states.
Yoruba regional integration, taking shape wink

God Bless South West
God Bless all Yoruba lands
God bless all Yoruba People
cool

A pity its only a few lines of the anthem I know
I have to brush up
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by tamdun: 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
Redcrafton:

Na wahoo.

You are still seeing the Iboes in far away Benin republic where you ran to with your tail behind your legs...eating watery beans...

If one shout Wakili..you will scamper.... and move further into Togo..IDP

Coward!
The guy is a fulani check his previous comments

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by khalleb(m): 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Why is the Biafra anthem not in Igbo language
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by luluman: 2:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool cool.

If anyone is not okay with it, let him or her move out and go back to his/her hut in his/her region cool

This should be done in all SW states.
Yoruba regional integration, taking shape wink

God Bless South West
God Bless all Yoruba lands
God bless all Yoruba People
Flat heads take note

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by samwillyco1(m): 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
MNK will be like, my NGGER Weldon

South East Governors are good in betraying their people.
Some of them even run to Abuja before taking any decision.

Too bad for South East Governors to betray IPOB and proscribed and call them terrorist before before federal government stepped in.

Shame on betrayers of any form
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by firstratedcitiz(m): 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2021
Okay.
Omoluabi1stborn:

He didn't dispute the fact

Iamgrey5 said.
Aketi wife is Igbo and Seyi wife nah Ijaw.

And Aketi Lives in Ibadan

So he's correct
Re: Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools by Canvass: 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Excellent piece. However, don't you think it's supposed to be composed in Igbo? If it's a national anthem, it's only fitting for it to be written in the national language.

It's about time we started leaving the colonial mentality behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uniben- Postgraduate School Fees For Each Faculties And Application Procedure / How To Prepare And Pass Post UTME In One Week / Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.