Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed (655 Views)

Christ Crucified And The Glory He Had With The Father Before The World Existed / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) / Father, Before I Die Let Me Become Somebody - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by ochibuogwu5: 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2021
"And now, Father, glorify Me along with Yourself and restore Me to such majesty and honor in Your presence as I had with You before the world existed." (John 17:5 AMPC)

this words of Jesus having a glory with God His Father before the foundation of the world shows JESUS IS NOT A CREATURE that was created after the foundation of the world since HE EXISTED WITH AN EQUAL GLORY WITH THE FATHER BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On Mar 06, 2021
ochibuogwu5:
"And now, Father, glorify Me along with Yourself and restore Me to such majesty and honor in Your presence as I had with You before the world existed." (John 17:5 AMPC)

this words of Jesus having a glory with God His Father before the foundation of the world shows JESUS IS NOT A CREATURE that was created after the foundation of the world since HE EXISTED WITH AN EQUAL GLORY WITH THE FATHER BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

Great Grace Brethren!!!
None of the above validates your claim that Jesus Christ had equal glory with God before the World existed. undecided
The same Jesus Christ is recorded to have said that the Father will be glorified through the son - nowhere do we read of the Son being glorified through the Father - so claiming that they have "equal glory" seems a leap,don't you think? undecided

Where do you get this idea/belief or yours from? undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by ochibuogwu5: 1:31am On Mar 06, 2021
How to Grow in the Power of God for Great exploits

The Power of God is in and at work in every believer.

Eph1:19 says …..the exceeding greatness of His Power at work in us who believe.

Eph 3:20 says now unto Him by the Power at work in us can do far exceedingly…

Phil 2;13 says God is at work in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Acts 1:8, says you shall receive Power after the HolySpirit has come by upon you

Eph 3:16 says that the HolyGhost we received during HolyGhost baptism releases this Power into our spirit to strengthen us for Exploits.

The above scriptures and more revealed that once a believer receives HolyGhost baptism, not only water baptism the Power begins to work in him/her.

HolyGhost baptism is an exclusive ministry of the Lord Jesus, John the Baptist said; I baptized you with water….. but He will baptize you with the HolySpirit, Mk 1:8

Again, John the Baptist said, He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit. Jn 1:33

Jesus is the Baptizer, while the HolySpirit is the River, hence, during HolyGhost baptism, we were immersed in the Pool of The Great HolyGhost. Hallelujah.

Now before we talk about how to grow the Power of God in you, we MUST first of all address the issue of spiritual Power leakage.

To acquire the Power is not very difficult because Jesus is already seated at the Right Hand of The Father, but to sustain or contain the Power is the main matter.

No matter how much water you pour into a leaking vessel, it will still remain empty. That is why some believers are on fire only during revival programs and return dry afterwards.

Whenever we fellowship ( praises, prayer, bible study etc ) with the HolySpirit He releases Power into our spirit, hence if there's no Power leakage, we should be growing in Power even without organizing a special Revival program.

The situation of being on fire today, cold tomorrow is a sign that one has spiritual Power leakage.

How can I identify my spiritual Power leakage??

1. By asking the Lord in fervent prayers.

A healthy Christian should be worried when he is not growing in zeal and passion for God, when on fire today, dry tomorrow, when the signs that should accompany believers are not seen in his life and ministry.

We should be concerned and not carefree when we pray and decree things without getting the desired results. Because God is faithful in all His Words and Righteous in all His deeds. If the results are far-fetched, then something must be wrong with us.

We should learn from the disciples of Jesus who tried casting out a demon but could not succeed went to the Master and asked; 'why couldn't we cast out the demon'

We should pour out our heart in the Altar of humility and cry out for Divine enlightenment.

The book: 'The price for miracle working Power of God by A.A Allan' can help us more in this Truth.

2. By embarking on a serious Revival program.

One of the good if not the best ways of identifying a leakage in a vessel is by pouring in the substance, then the leakage will surface on its own.

If you want to know the things that sap or drain your spiritual power, desire more spiritual power earnestly and start praying for it, then temptation will start coming from those directions, if wicked demons are responsible, you see them fighting you in the dreams, if seductive spirits, you see them disguising with familiar faces to weaken you through dream-sex, if they use satanic power neutralizer as dream meal, you see them given you food in the dream and many more.

Once you begin a revival program, never neglect the physical and spiritual challenges you experience, these are majorly the things that have placed limitations over your spiritual growth or are the channels through which you lose your spiritual power.

Once these things are identified, stop praying for Power and open The Rain of the Blood of Jesus, the Fire, the Thunder, the nail of Jesus death on the Cross which disarmed principalities/powers(Colossians 2:14-15) and Sword etc upon their kingdoms until you stop seeing them, then you will feel within you that Power that rose Jesus from the dead even without praying for it.

Until we are tired of being weak as believers we can not be powerful as the witnesses of Most Powerful God.

May the Lord strengthen in our pursuit of Truth in Him in Jesus Name. Amen

Next is how to grow in Power as people under the New Covenant

...................Nwosu Chidiebele...............................
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by ochibuogwu5: 1:36am On Mar 06, 2021
"And *now*, O Father, *glorify thou me with thine own self "with the glory" which I had with thee 'before the world was.'* " (John 17:5 KJV)

"And now, Father, *glorify Me along with Yourself* and *restore Me to such majesty and honor in Your presence* as *I had with You before the world existed.* " (John 17:5 AMPC)
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On Mar 06, 2021
ochibuogwu5:
"And *now*, O Father, *glorify thou me with thine own self "with the glory" which I had with thee 'before the world was.'* " (John 17:5 KJV)

"And now, Father, *glorify Me along with Yourself* and *restore Me to such majesty and honor in Your presence* as *I had with You before the world existed.* " (John 17:5 AMPC)
Regardless of translation,the message remains the same. Nowhere in the verse does Jesus Christ indicate having EQUAL Glory with God.

In addition, the verse DOES NOT indicate that Jesus Christ is glorified through the Father in much the same way as the Father is glorified through His Son, Jesus Christ. Hence the reason why it is safe to conclude that apportioning EQUAL GLORY to Jesus Christ and His Father is a leap of sorts - more information necessary.
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by johnw47: 3:34am On Mar 06, 2021
Joh 17:5  And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:03am On Mar 06, 2021
Of course the wife, son or daughter of a ruler is glorified alongside the ruler nah but not EQUAL glory!

Anywhere you find the wife, son or daughter of the President of any country what comes to your mind first? Well it's the President! But what happens when a member of the first family of a country finds himself in a place where he/she is not RECOGNIZED? That's what Jesus meant! smiley

So Jesus who is one of God's sons in heaven is far above all other servants of God that has ever walked this planet {Luke 3:16} that's the statement of John the baptist whom Jesus said was the greatest of all the Prophets! Matthew 11:11
He was talking to his father to reveal his identity to his loyal disciples who needed to know for certain that Jesus is not from this source but that he is from the realms above {John 8:23} and God surely answered his son! Matthew 17:1-5

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by johnw47: 4:20am On Mar 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Of course the wife, son or daughter of a ruler is glorified alongside the ruler nah but not EQUAL glory!

Anywhere you find the wife, son or daughter of the President of any country what comes to your mind first? Well it's the President! But what happens when a member of the first family of a country finds himself in a place where he/she is not RECOGNIZED? That's what Jesus meant! smiley

So Jesus who is one of God's sons in heaven is far above all other servants of God that has ever walked this planet {Luke 3:16} that's the statement of John the baptist whom Jesus said was the greatest of all the Prophets! Matthew 11:11
He was talking to his father to reveal his identity to his loyal disciples who needed to know for certain that Jesus is not from this source but that he is from the realms above {John 8:23} and God surely answered his son! Matthew 17:1-5

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

cannot stop lying false jw mad max

Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Heb 1:3  Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,

Php 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:31am On Mar 06, 2021
During the swearing in of a President his family will be there for everyone to see the first family, that's the glory Jesus had with his father before the people he was talking to ever existed!
But as for equality NO! NO!! NO!!! John 14:28
Jesus can't make a single decision without the consent of his father {John 8:28} whereas there are certain things the Father doesn't expose to Jesus! Matthew 24:36 smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by johnw47: 6:01am On Mar 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
During the swearing in of a President his family will be there for everyone to see the first family, that's the glory Jesus had with his father before the people he was talking to ever existed!
But as for equality NO! NO!! NO!!! John 14:28
Jesus can't make a single decision without the consent of his father {John 8:28} whereas there are certain things the Father doesn't expose to Jesus! Matthew 24:36 smiley

puffed up and perverted false jw mad max, afraid to quote me in your reply

Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

false jw, of course you don't believe God's word
and of course you believe scripture contradicts scripture

btw your god satan hasn't killed me yet, or whatever it is
you are praying to get him to do to me

MaxInDHouse:

do you still remember OLAADEGBU? that Deeperlife noisemaker! Where is he now? embarassed
This might be your last chance

i'm sure olaadegbu is okay, but you continue on gloating that something bad has happened to him

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:26am On Mar 06, 2021
Jesus is the son of God certainly his is like his father just as a lion will bear a lion but when talking about equality Jesus was not is not can not and will never ever be equal to his father! 1Corinthians 15:25-28 smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by johnw47: 6:35am On Mar 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus is the son of God certainly his is like his father just as a lion will bear a lion but when talking about equality Jesus was not is not can not and will never ever be equal to his father! 1Corinthians 15:25-28 smiley

Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Heb 1:3  Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,

Php 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:46am On Mar 06, 2021
I really wish he is just as you do but when people are seeing or hearing from one another that gives the assurance of livelihood. OLAADEGBU loves posting so much in support of Deeperlife here on Nairaland. Surely he must be deriving some sense of satisfaction from doing so. Whatever could have stopped him for almost 5 months to post a single thing on this forum must have caught him with surprise.
Several things could be the cause of his disappearance: he is either shocked after some secrets has been revealed leading him to denounce his Faith or he is in a critical condition presently or he has joined the silenced (death)
One thing is certain he deceived himself for the rest of his life!
You are claiming non-denominational yet you're in support of OLAADEGBU who WAS a die-hard Deeperlife.
Haba if you're truly sincere to your own soul
Why have you refuse to join Deeperlife?
Is Deeperlife is not good enough too?
OLAADEGBU wasn't ashamed of Deeperlife but you are here supporting any Church as long as it's against JWs whereas you are a member of none! cheesy
That's what the spirit of deception does! smiley

johnw47:

i'm sure olaadegbu is okay
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by johnw47: 7:18am On Mar 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I really wish he is just as you do but when people are seeing or hearing from one another that gives the assurance of livelihood. OLAADEGBU loves posting so much in support of Deeperlife here on Nairaland. Surely he must be deriving some sense of satisfaction from doing so. Whatever could have stopped him for almost 5 months to post a single thing on this forum must have caught him with surprise.
Several things could be the cause of his disappearance: he is either shocked after some secrets has been revealed leading him to denounce his Faith or he is in a critical condition presently or he has joined the silenced (death)
One thing is certain he deceived himself for the rest of his life!

You are claiming non-denominational yet you're in support of OLAADEGBU who WAS a die-hard Deeperlife.
Haba if you're truly sincere to your own soul
Why have you refuse to join Deeperlife?
Is Deeperlife is not good enough too?
OLAADEGBU wasn't ashamed of Deeperlife but you are here supporting any Church as long as it's against JWs whereas you are a member of none! cheesy
That's what the spirit of deception does! smiley

false jw mad max, laughing like a fool at your own lies and nonsense, but then you are a most duh false jw
Ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

puffed up and perverse false jw mad max

u a coward speaks badly about another because he is not here to defend himself

Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35am On Mar 06, 2021
Unlike Maximus who often say much about himself OLAADEGBU never said a single thing about himself. WHY?
Because he always speak for Deeperlife just as Max always speak for JW org, so he has nothing to defend about himself that's why i'm asking you "why can't you speak for Deeperlife after all that is what OLAADEGBU always speak for on this forum? cheesy
Mr Non-denominational OLAADEGBU doesn't need you to defend him, speak for your own Church Sir! cheesy

johnw47:

because he is not here to defend himself
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 06, 2021
ochibuogwu5:

Great Grace Brethren!!!

No single thing in what you quoted remotely leads to your conclusion. Except there's a word or phrase you read there that's not visible to me.
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by johnw47: 8:04am On Mar 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Unlike Maximus who often say much about himself OLAADEGBU never said a single thing about himself. WHY?
Because he always speak for Deeperlife just as Max always speak for JW org, so he has nothing to defend about himself that's why i'm asking you "why can't you speak for Deeperlife after all that is what OLAADEGBU always speak for on this forum? cheesy
Mr Non-denominational OLAADEGBU doesn't need you to defend him, speak for your own Church Sir! cheesy

false jw mad max, laughing like a fool at your own lies and nonsense, but then you are a most duh false jw
Ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

puffed up and perverted false jw mad max

me am not defending olladegbu
me telling u what a coward you are knocking him because he is not here
and of course you cannot stop making up lies in your head

Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by ochibuogwu5: 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2021
"But as to the *Son*, He(God the Father) says to Him, *Your throne, "O God", is forever and ever* (to the ages of the ages), and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of absolute righteousness (of justice and straightforwardness)." (Hebrews 1:8 AMPC)
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by ochibuogwu5: 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2021
"At that particular time Jesus went through the fields of standing grain on the Sabbath; and His disciples were hungry, and they began to pick off the spikes of grain and to eat.

2 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, See there! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful and not permitted on the Sabbath.

3 He said to them, Have you not even read what David did when he was hungry, and those who accompanied him—

4 How he went into the house of God and ate the loaves of the showbread—which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for the men who accompanied him, but for the priests only?

5 Or have you never read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple violate the sanctity of the Sabbath [breaking it] and yet are guiltless?

6 But I tell you, Something greater and more exalted and more majestic than the temple is here!

7 And if you had only known what this saying means, I desire mercy [readiness to help, to spare, to forgive] rather than sacrifice and sacrificial victims, you would not have condemned the guiltless.

8 For the Son of Man is Lord [even] of the Sabbath."
(Matthew 12:1-8 AMPC)
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by Kobojunkie: 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2021
ochibuogwu5:
"But as to the *Son*, He(God the Father) says to Him, *Your throne, "O God", is forever and ever* (to the ages of the ages), and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of absolute righteousness (of justice and straightforwardness)." (Hebrews 1:8 AMPC)
I will be honest with you here. The words of Paul mean nothing if not backed up by the very Word out of the mouth of God Himself.

According to Jesus Christ, He is the very Word out of God 's mouth therefore He is of the very essence of God I.e. He is God (God is True and Jesus Christ is the Truth of God) - there is no questioning that. However, your assertion that Jesus Christ shared Equal glory with God from before existence as we know it is what is in question here.
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 07, 2021
ochibuogwu5:

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Why then was he begging the father to glorify him if he had equal glory?
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2021
johnw47:

puffed up and perverted false jw mad max

me am not defending olladegbu
me telling u what a coward you are knocking him because he is not here
and of course you cannot stop making up lies in your head

Hi johnw47, what's up? The eagle has landed Thanks for keeping the fire burning. cheesy
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Hi Maximus. I can see that a lot of water has passed under the bridge. cheesy
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
johnw47:

btw your god satan hasn't killed me yet, or whatever it is
you are praying to get him to do to me

i'm sure olaadegbu is okay, but you continue on gloating that something bad has happened to him

God bless you my brother from another mother. Am back to burst his bubble. grin
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by Janosky: 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
justosee:

Why then was he begging the father to glorify him if he had equal glory?
3 doghead slaves have dodged this very important question.

John 17:24 is NOT in their Bible
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by Janosky: 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2021
ochibuogwu5:

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Colossians 1:15 proven Jesus is A CREATURE.
Go and delete Colossians 1:15 from your Bible.

John 17:24, from the mouth of Jesus, he says his Father gave him glory BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
Because Colossians 1:15 is true & irrefutable.
Genesis 49:3, Every first born Son is preeminent like Jesus & Reuben
Re: Jesus Christ Shared Equal Glory With God The Father Before This World Existed by johnw47: 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2021
Janosky:

3 doghead slaves have dodged this very important question.

John 17:24 is NOT in their Bible.

lost fraud jw janosky

loving to blaspheme The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit
all over the place, calling them "3 dogheads"

Mat 12:31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven.

rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(1) (Reply)

The Last Temptation Of Jesus / Everything Becomes Spiritual To You When You Lack Common Sense / Who Do You Think Is Going To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.