Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

What If God Has Abandoned Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If God Has Abandoned Earth? (1195 Views)

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Lordave: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2021
What if God has left us, abandoned Earth and gone to create or build another world/planet?

He may have lost hope in this humanity and our redemption and just decided to go create another being in another planet, Solar System, Galaxy, Universe or wherever.

Religious people, do you think you all have done enough to keep God waiting and caring for this world than to go create other world.

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by vanbonattel: 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
You might be right, because that's the only reason a scarecrow can be ruling a country. grin

I didn't mention any names o.

1 Like

Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Authority1o1(m): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2021
Okay...

And that simply means that the abandoned earth is no longer under any divine watch, and that the affairs of its inhabitants are for them to preside over. More like the Voyager 1, which has been left to roam the universe without any human surveillance on it.

Sincerely, it is easier to agree that God has abandoned the earth—if He hasn't, why has He not returned after so many years of making the promise of the Second Coming? Why has the world become all time immoral under His very watch? Why has He allowed so much pain on mankind and on those who call Him Father?

But your hypothesis is bleak. If God still has the power to make another universe and create other creatures that must not necessarily be humans and animals and trees, that means He is still God. Which is easier, coming down to earth to establish His promised rulership and afterwards doing good on the promise of heaven, and giving up like a simpleton and making another universe?
Because He is God and has the power right?

Get me right, God has the power to make more universes and may have done that, but that doesn't mean He has given up on Earth, neither is it any of our business.

Remember, God is the sustainer of this universe, if He goes, everything dwindles and folds up.

If you are still alive, it's because you're being sustained by Life Himself, that is if you believe in Him at all.
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Draslo(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2021
Lol. Someone is watching Supernatural
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Lordave: 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2021
vanbonattel:
You might be right, because that's the only reason a scarecrow can be ruling a country. grin

I didn't mention any names o.
Far from petty Nigerian politics.

Look around you and beyond, look at communities in Africa and overseas does anything seem quite godly judging religiously or by your standards?

Draslo:
Lol. Someone is watching Supernatural
Nice movie.

But funny I haven’t spent up to 1 hour viewing time on that movie.
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Jerryherd: 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2021
cool

I don't think A Supreme being as powerful as God creating millions of stars in a universe some bigger and hotter than our Sun with massive nuclear fusion reaction, With millions of planets far bigger than Earth would have time for Earthly petty things that we engage our selves with

Its more like a mere mosquito trying to understand the thinking of a Giant sized human

5 Likes

Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by samwash(m): 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2021
Then, the 1st coming of Jesus Christ will be in vein.
God forbid bad tin
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Lordave: 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

I don't think A Supreme being as powerful as God creating millions of stars in a universe some bigger and hotter than our Sun, With millions of planets far bigger than Earth would have time for Earthly petty things that we engage our selves with

Its more like a mere mosquito trying to understand the thinking of a Giant sized human

You just made a movie of image.

Doff my hat!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by OdumegwuOjukwu: 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2021
Op is up to something with this topic,

As for me, I liken God as "Big Brother". He has access to multitude of channels from different planets, and watches all of them simultaneously (perhaps with his Son, and Angels). Occasionally, he highlights a channel (planet) that has interesting activities.

Maybe there is nothing special happening on earth now that demands his attention. Earth is not in His spotlight now, maybe he's glancing at planet XYZ in Andromeda galaxy. He could even be creating another universe now.

Earthlings must be delusional to think that a supreme being as powerful as God is going to have only planet earth as a place where life is found. What is the fun in that. If you were God, would you limit your attention to a tiny piece of rock such as earth?

1 Like

Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2021
i highly doubt it⚫
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 05, 2021
He abandoned Nigeria not earth
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
U have a point...!! But in all things give thanks...!!

Have been watching this Rover perseverance MARS exploration by NASA that landed on the 18th Feb and can't stop thinking that MARS may have beings living right there but not in human frequency of vibration . So we may not be able to see them.

Mars looking exactly like our deserts. Dry and windy.
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Righteousness2(m): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2021
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Rossnitti: 12:17am On Mar 06, 2021
Lordave:
What if God has left us, abandoned Earth and gone to create or build another world/planet?

He may have lost hope in this humanity and our redemption and just decided to go create another being in another planet, Solar System, Galaxy, Universe or wherever.

Religious people, do you think you all have done enough to keep God waiting and caring for this world than to go create other world.

Your first mistake is to assume that God operates in the same linear time-space continuum as humans.

In Ultimate Reality where God and our ancestors and other souls reside, the so called 'spirit world', there is no past, present or future.

There is only the 'Eternal Now'. Everything is occurring simultaneously.

There is no ''waiting'' to see how humanity pans out. The 'future' is already there and those interested are looking at it in those realms...

The ''past'' is also still occurring and those interested are exploring it in the real world, where we came from.

Same as the so-called 'present'.

It sounds incredible to us in our (temporary) physical existence, where time occurs in linear fashion.

In Ultimate Reality, 'time' occurs in what mostly resembles a circular fashion, with various other intricate variations of same. smiley

Obviously if you were anywhere inside the circle, you could access all points of 'time' by simply focusing on a point in the circle.

In a linear world, you could only access the point of the line you are on. That is, your 'present'. To access other points you would have to 'wait' till you walked up to the 'future'. Or use memory to access the back of the line (the 'past').

God does not operate in linear reality.
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:27am On Mar 06, 2021
Lordave:

No, he has not abandoned the earth, it is the earth who Refused Him, Rejected Him, Put Him Away and abandoned Him as A Rejected Lover.

And have seen anyone willfully abandon their house for a stranger to claim? Never!

Nevertheless, He warned the earth that a day will come when they would look call Him and He will not Answer; They shall diligently search for Him, but they will not Find Him.

That day has come!
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:43am On Mar 06, 2021
Authority1o1:

Okay...Sincerely, it is easier to agree that God has abandoned the earth—if He hasn't, why has He not returned after so many years of making the promise of the Second Coming?

Because, Judgment! Is a Very Fearful.Thing! If you've had a case in court or being to court, you will know that the Court and Judgement is A Very Fearful Thing!

Plus the fact that Many are going to be Condemned by Sound Judgement, therefore, as A Good Judge, He is tarrying Convening The Most High Court, so as to give men the opportunity to change their Judgement of Condemnation to Recommendation

Authority1o1:

Why has the world become all time immoral under His very watch? Why has He allowed so much pain on mankind and on those who call Him Father?

Do you use Pleasure to correct An Offender? No, it is Pain that is the whip of correction!
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:46am On Mar 06, 2021
ezenwajosh:
He abandoned Nigeria not earth

grin Nigeria is in the earth now!
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by LordReed(m): 7:00am On Mar 06, 2021
An interesting proposition and one that seems closer to reality than an ever watchful caring god.
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:06am On Mar 06, 2021
When all the natural products are still present on the planet, well he has established the earth to last forever but according to his word man chose a short time here so he promised to allow us see the consequences of the choice the first human pair made.
He also promised a time when he will end all badness, hardship and renovate the earth in order to return it to the way he wanted it to be from inception.
His friends are waiting patiently for him but he wants mankind to be sure of what they want: their rulership headed by imperfect humans {Ecclesiastes 4:1, 8:9} or his own Government! Matthew 6:10
He will surely act at the right time, certainly it will not be too late!

Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Nigeria is in the earth now!

SAME with Dubai, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, paris
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:11am On Mar 06, 2021
ezenwajosh:

SAME with Dubai, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, paris

True! But He is also not doing anything special across there either!
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

True! But He is also not doing anything special across there either!
You will know when you leave Nigeria and travel their.....YOU NEED NO ONE TO TELL YOU HE RESIDES THERE.... YOU MIGHT EVEN THINK ITS HIS HEAD OFFICES
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:33am On Mar 06, 2021
ezenwajosh:
You will know when you leave Nigeria and travel their.....YOU NEED NO ONE TO TELL YOU HE RESIDES THERE.... YOU MIGHT EVEN THINK ITS HIS HEAD OFFICES

grin I know and I have travelled out, but they are really no different from us. The grass is still not greener!

To me, it is just an exchange of one type of Troubles for Another type of Troubles, but the common factor is that both countries have Troubles

Meanwhile, what we want or rather what I truly want and need is a Trouble-None Land, which is not in this world again!
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I know and I have travelled out, but they are really no different from us. The grass is still not greener!

To me, it is just an exchange of one type of Troubles for Another type of Troubles, but the common factor is that both countries have Troubles

Meanwhile, what we want or rather what I truly want and need is a Trouble-None Land, which is not in this world again!
oh there's one YOU CAN DIE
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:45am On Mar 06, 2021
ezenwajosh:
oh there's one YOU CAN DIE

grin I truly could not understand your response here, could you expantiate?
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46am On Mar 06, 2021
A foolish man once said "See Paris and die"
Please is there no death, sicknesses, crimes, injustices in the countries your friend mentioned?
Truly most people's brains can't grasp what the word "Paradise" really mean! Luke 23:43 smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

grin I know and I have travelled out, but they are really no different from us. The grass is still not greener! To me, it is just an exchange of one type of Troubles for Another type of Troubles, but the common factor is that both countries have Troubles Meanwhile, what we want or rather what I truly want and need is a Trouble-None Land, which is not in this world again!

Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I truly could not understand your response here, could you expantiate?
there's a world without a problem. Means of transportation DEATH
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:52am On Mar 06, 2021
ezenwajosh:
there's a world without a problem. Means of transportation DEATH

grin Yep!

I love your choice of words, "Transportation" very Accurate! grin

I really can't wait to board that bus to get there, I hate this world and I can't wait to be rid of it!

Very Wicked place it is and the Wickedness is still growing!
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:55am On Mar 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
A foolish man once said "See Paris and die"
Please is there no death, sicknesses, crimes, injustices in the countries your friend mentioned?
Truly most people's brains can't grasp what the word "Paradise" really mean! Luke 23:43 smiley

At least, he appreciated this!
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Authority1o1(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Because, Judgment! Is a Very Fearful.Thing! If you've had a case in court or being to court, you will know that the Court and Judgement is A Very Fearful Thing!

Plus the fact that Many are going to be Condemned by Sound Judgement, therefore, as A Good Judge, He is tarrying Convening The Most High Court, so as to give men the opportunity to change their Judgement of Condemnation to Recommendation

Do you use Pleasure to correct An Offender? No, it is Pain that is the whip of correction!
Re: What If God Has Abandoned Earth? by Authority1o1(m): 10:58am On Mar 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Okay...

We humans are very funny folks. If the God you believe in is different from the one I do, I suppose we can't properly come to a compromise.

But I'm a Christian, and as such everything espoused by the Spirit is enough for me. Dabbling into metaphysical assumptions is utmostly dangerous to me and is against my principles. That is over ambition, which will lead to many more questions that will surely make one embrace assumed doctrines that instill complacency and carefreeness.

And, those questions I asked are tools for sarcasm and forefront disarming, if you catch my drift.

Whether God runs other universes is non of my business.

One final word brother, the devil is very wise. What is a greater tool than putting questions which, like I pointed out earlier, will lead to complacency of the Church? Know when to put your mind to check.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Woman Performs Miracle And Deliverance Like Christians (video) / Christ Doctrine Or Church Doctrine.which Is Gaining Ground. / A Minute Date With God, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.