Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns (1743 Views)

Emefiele: We Will Not Succumb To Intimidation, Desperation Of Hirelings - DSS / Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari / US, EU, UK Observers Allege Interference, Intimidation In Osun Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by adenigga(m): 7:29am On Mar 06, 2021
The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) has said that northerners living in the Southwest geo-political zone of the country would not succumb to threats and harassment by some groups and individuals in the region.

NEF in a statement yesterday by its spokesperson, Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, claimed that some private individuals and groups in the Southwest were being tempted to harass and intimidate other citizens.

While describing the activities of such groups as illegal, the forum noted that northerners would not accept to live and pursue their livelihoods in the Southwest only with their approval.

The forum, however, advised northerners to continue to live in peace with their host communities and explore all avenues to improve better inter-communal relations.

The forum also hailed the decision of the leadership of the Amalgamated Union of Traders and Cattle Breeders Association Union (AUTCBAU) to suspend its blockade of food supply to the South.

The statement read in part: “The Forum welcomes the decision of the Federal Government to address a major and prolonged grievance of transporters over multiple taxation and extortion on federal highways along the country’s eastern corridor all the way from Borno through Adamawa to the states in the Southeast and South-south.

“These illegal checkpoints numbering more than 100 had been pronounced as illegal, yet they had been tolerated by all authorities. Their effects had been to stifle trade and massively raise the cost of transporting food items and cattle. The Forum hopes that this decision will be enforced comprehensively and immediately.

“The Forum is disturbed by the visible involvement of a private citizen identified as supporting threats to security of northern communities in the Southwest in the discussions preceding the resolution of the strike, and the mention of a number of people who had been instrumental to creating intense hostility around northerners living in the Southwest.”

“Indeed, some of the persons mentioned as having been contacted to give assurances to northern traders, herders and transporters have been fingered by the police as being involved in criminal activities against northerners in the Southwest.

“The Forum rejects the idea that the Federal Government or its agents could encourage the outsourcing of its duty and responsibility to protect citizens to individuals who are neck-deep in encouraging violence and corruption of communal co-existence.

“The Forum would rather believe that the involvement of these people was contrived to render its purported intervention valueless. In any case, the involvement of private citizens who represent existential threats to citizens in an exercise designed to give them assurances that they could be safe is abhorrent and unacceptable.”
Source: https://m.guardian.ng/News/Northerners-wont-succumb-to-intimidation-in-Southwest-NEF-warns

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Lyrics269: 7:31am On Mar 06, 2021
They will keep warning till infinity One Nigeria
Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Anigreat: 7:42am On Mar 06, 2021
shocked

These terrorists apologist think they owned this expired contraption , as such they can utter any gibberish any time and any moment.

3 Likes

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by youngeagle(m): 7:42am On Mar 06, 2021
They way these guys talk to my southwest brothers with so much authority dey baffle me.. No diplomacy at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 8:00am On Mar 06, 2021
Old men.
Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Redoil: 8:00am On Mar 06, 2021
if you want to retaliate or spite the northerners call all your able body youth to go into farming

tell all your political office holders to invest heavily in farming then you will see how the southerners will be stronger and bolder to tackle the north

1 Like

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by yorubarere: 8:10am On Mar 06, 2021
Make Una use food blockade again cheesy

You can't block oil
You can't block electricity
You can't block education
You can't block finance
You can block innovation

All you can block is degradable food items and impose bad government cheesy

North is nothing without south. Deal with it!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by yorubarere: 8:14am On Mar 06, 2021
youngeagle:
They way these guys talk to my southwest brothers with so much authority dey baffle me.. No diplomacy at all
When has crying become strong features of elders? They are just nagging against their western elder brothers.
Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Asgard13: 9:33am On Mar 06, 2021
yorubarere:
Make Una use food blockade again cheesy

You can't block oil
You can't block electricity
You can't block education
You can't block finance
You can block innovation

All you can block is degradable food items and impose bad government cheesy

Birthing is nothing without south. Deal with it!

Yoruba man

Yoruba people don’t owe any of those things you listed
Nothing like southern unity

They’re addressing the southwest as you just read.. not the south

Make una fight the battle and leave southern Nigeria

Face those who face Yoruba people and stop spewing southerners

Southerners don’t care about Yoruba people

Even if they can’t block it... Yoruba don’t have a say about it either..

Oil will still go to north
Education will keep going
Finance will keep moving

Yoruba don’t and can’t dictate to southerners

Make una leave southerners and deal with westerners that you peopl are

Why is this always difficult for you yoruba to comprehend?

Ah!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Asgard13: 9:37am On Mar 06, 2021
Bornu2ndson:
And that is Final.

Yoruba hold ur ears and listen again. Next time you people cough where we are, You will be starved to your bones.

To be forewarned is to be Forearmed

What I hate about this matter is

Anytime Northern elders or northerners makes comments regarding Yoruba people

Yoruba people on media online tv will quickly change narratives to include southern Nigeria’s

Meanwhile their masters is always consistent with the word Yoruba in their admonishing..

Yoruba should wake up and understand that no southerners in respective of how minority they are had never wished a southern unity with Yoruba people of western Nigeria

Yet the shout easterners as attaché by force

7 Likes

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Iamgrey5(m): 9:37am On Mar 06, 2021
Asgard13:

Yoruba man

Yoruba people don’t owe any of those things you listed
Nothing like southern unity

They’re addressing the southwest as you just read.. not the south

Make una fight the battle and leave southern Nigeria

Face those who face Yoruba people and stop spewing southerners

Southerners don’t care about Yoruba people

Oil will still go to north
Education will keep going
Finance will keep moving

Yoruba don’t and can’t dictate to southerners

Make una leave southerners and deal with westerners that you peopl are

Why is this always difficult for you yoruba to comprehend?

Ah!
So those things belongs to Igbos?

If you cannot read properly, ask your educated brothers to read on your behalf.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Asgard13: 9:39am On Mar 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
So those things belongs to Igbos?

If you cannot read properly, ask your educated brothers to read on your behalf.

Yoruba gibberish

Wen will they start making sense.. get off!

6 Likes

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Iamgrey5(m): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2021
youngeagle:
It's all political.

The Fulanis are scared of being isolated as they have seen in recent weeks that no one is applauding their activities.

Even their most closest allies in the middlebelt are starting to distance themselves from the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri alliance in the North.

They are scared that they will be isolated just as they were before Buhari brought them back into mainstream politics and they see Yorubas as the brains behind their possible isolation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Iamgrey5(m): 9:44am On Mar 06, 2021
Asgard13:

Yoruba gibberish

Wen will they start making sense.. get off!
@ emboldened

Learn to spell properly before trying to strike up a conversation next time.

You can't even put up a good sentence.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Asgard13: 9:46am On Mar 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
It's all political.

The Fulanis are scared of being isolated as they have seen in recent weeks that no one is applauding their activities.

Even their most closest allies in the middlebelt are starting to distance themselves from the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri alliance in the North.

They are scared that they will be isolated just as they were before Buhari brought them back to mainstream politics and they see Yorubas as the brains behind their possible isolation.

Yoruba man

You don’t know the Fulani people ..

Stop spewing trashy trash

6 Likes

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Optional09: 9:47am On Mar 06, 2021
The SouthWest elders should reply them quickly.

They should warn them that we will not tolerate the repeat of what happened at Shasha and ibarapa. They should use that opportunity notify the FG the value of damages cause by the Northern Criminals who set houses ablaze and killed a Dr, a pregnant women and a cadet.

The family of these Law abiding South Westerners must get justice.

Also let the North know that we will no longer accept the dumping of thousands of untrained teenagers in our society

You claimed the almajiri system is your way of life how would you give birth to so many children and dump them on the street from age 0-15 and when they are 16 you ship them to the South where an average family makes sure their children receives at least secondary education, learn a skill become self employed or gained employment.

If your so call religious culture is the way you like to live why are you shipping your liabilities to us in the e south. There has been increasing crime in the South because of the quality of people you are shipping to us and our streets are littered with beggars some of which you have made useless with your hypocritical sharia laws. You cut off their arms or legs and ship them down south.

I see all these things as act of terrorism

we will start sending them back to the north soon

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by IamFINESSE: 9:47am On Mar 06, 2021
So says the master

The owners of Nigeria
Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Asgard13: 9:48am On Mar 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

Learn to spell properly before trying to strike up a conversation next time.

You can't even put up a good sentence.

Corner a Yoruba man ... and see gibberish

Na English be your problem... cheesy walahi yoruba too funny

We’re done

Next!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by content208: 9:49am On Mar 06, 2021
Bornu2ndson:
And that is Final.

Yoruba hold ur ears and listen again. Next time you people cough where we are, You will be starved to your bones.

To be forewarned is to be Forearmed

Please, do me a favour, go and block all the routes that lead to the south so that foods will not come to the south.

Then we will see who will be the loser.

By the time your tomatoes rot away without buyers, you will wake up from your stupidity
Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Iamgrey5(m): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2021
Asgard13:

Yoruba man

You don’t know the Fulani people ..

Stip spewing trashy trash
You are obviously delusional.

The only thing that scares Fulanis more than the collapse of Nigeria is being isolated in Nigeria right from the time of independence.

When Zik and Awolowo were exploiting the possibility of forming a goverment, what was the response of Fulanis?

Their biggest fear is not being in mainstream politics because their elites have no other money making machine than the Nigerian treasury.

4 Likes

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Iamgrey5(m): 9:53am On Mar 06, 2021
Asgard13:

Corner a Yoruba man ... and see gibberish
Na English be your problem... cheesy walahi yoruba too funny
We’re done

Next!
Corner me how?
You think too highly of yourself bruv
You are hardly making any sense to begin with.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Asgard13: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
You are obviously delusional.

The only that scares Fulani more than the collapse of Nigeria is being isolated in Nigeria right from the time of independence.

When Zik and Awolowo were exploiting the possibility of forming a goverment, what was the response of Fulanis?

Their biggest fear is not being in mainstream politics because their elites have no other money making machine than the Nigerian treasury.

According to yoruba people narratives

Ahmadu Bello ... sultan of sokoto na Yoruba man.

Yoruba go just the change narratives anyhow.. so so ignorance..

See what this man is saying and you call him kid he picks offense

Na wao

1 Like

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Asgard13: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Corner me how?

You think too highly of yourself bruv

You are hardly making any sense to begin with.

Oga I’m done with you..
Thank you and stay on th thread

Ignored.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Iamgrey5(m): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2021
Asgard13:

According to yoruba people narratives

Ahmadu Bello ... sultan of sokoto na Yoruba man.

Yoruba go just the change narratives anyhow.. so so ignorance..

See what this man is saying and you call him kid he picks offense

Na wao
You see!

I gave you a comprehensive response with reference in history. Yet, you can't manage to scribble something half as intelligent as i posted back to counter my point.

You are obviously one of the least intelligent amongst those radicalised by ipob hatefilled doctrines.

Even as Kanu has tone down the rethorics, many of you are already radicalised.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Asgard13: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
You see!

I gave you a comprehensive response with reference in history. Yet, you can't manage to scribble something half as intelligent as i posted back to counter my point.

You are obviously one of the least intelligent amongst those radicalised by ipob hatefilld doctrine.

I don’t deal with ignorant humans forming sophistication
Yoruba knows it all.. and you’ve shown the world how ignorant you are.

I can’t educate a sophiscated Yoruba human..

For your mind .. you made sense and expect Asgard to argue with you over your ignorance as stated by you

Next jare
No time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Iamgrey5(m): 10:06am On Mar 06, 2021
Asgard13:

I don’t deal with ignorant humans forming sophistication

For your mind .. you made sense and expect Asgard to argue with you over your ignorance as stated by you

Next jare
No time
Bragging from an ignorant position doesn't make you special, it only makes you look stupid to a sane mind.

I know it is one of the many tactics Kanu had exploited in the past but he has come to the realization that it is a waste of time and energy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Originakalokalo(m): 10:08am On Mar 06, 2021
Ask yourself this question....

What do you stand to gain by posting inciting comments?

What do you gain by working to ensure that the North and the South are at loggerheads?

The Answer is hatred, strive and disunity.

Ask yourself another question,

Who benefits from this action of yours?

Devil or God?

Answer is Devil.

Last question,

Who are you working for?

Answer is Devil.

Many of us are devil's soldiers unknowingly.

Through your thoughts, actions and inactions, you are working for the devil to make sure that the world is inhabitable to anyone.

He has recruited you and you are not aware of it.

He is your pay master.

The wages of Sin is Death.

Repent. Change your ways and accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour.

Stop working for the devil.
Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Asgard13: 10:09am On Mar 06, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Bragging from an ignorant position doesn't make you special, it only makes you look stupid to a sane mind.

I know it is one of the many tactics Kanu had exploited in the past but he has come to realization that it is a waste of time and energy.

Next!

1 Like

Re: Northerners Won’t Succumb To Intimidation In Southwest, NEF Warns by Racoon(m): 10:11am On Mar 06, 2021
An the same northerners want other ethnic nationals to succumb to their own threat and horror down north? Too bad!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of Benue Indigenes Fleeing Their Community In The Night. / The Hypocrisy Of Tinubu Urchins (pics) / Another Peter Obi Supporter Threatens To Attack, ‘Kill Anyone Against Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.