Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra (75823 Views)

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:04am On Aug 23, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Looking forward to how you purchase tiles, if you can be verbose as I’m in that stage now.

You’ve always been gracious in impacting your knowledge on us. Thanks.

Be sure to get more details from my end as I walk the markets starting from today Sir, just making calls to see if shops will open in the East today, sit at home things. grin

Expect more pictures of everything.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by tranxo(m): 10:48am On Aug 23, 2021
spyder880:

The importance of lock washers is to keep the nuts screwed tight, "locked" in a position because the spring function of the washer exerts some upward pressure on the lock nut, making it difficult for it to loosen under changes like vibrations.
Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by tranxo(m): 10:48am On Aug 23, 2021
spyder880:

Thanks for pointing it out, but I have plans to use nylon sheets and cover the window frames before dressing works, this will protect it from cement splashes and stains, we also clean the frames as soon as work is completed. My painters are usually careful, stains on the windows and other parts of the building is usually minimal, and can be cleaned out during the final clean out when all the jobs are completed.
Welcome.

Good
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by tranxo(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2021
spyder880:

Be sure to get more details from my end as I walk the markets starting from today Sir, just making calls to see if shops will open in the East today, sit at home things. grin

There is no sit_at_home at your end?
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by EgunMogaji2: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2021
spyder880:

Thank you Sir.

May God continue to bless your work as you carry us along. Consistently for almost a decade.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:50am On Aug 23, 2021
tranxo:

There is no sit_at_home at your end?

Many of my workers live in the sites, they are already working this morning.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:48am On Aug 25, 2021
I spent some hours shopping for doors for this house. The challenge is how to get local wooden doors made by our local workers that will match the high standards we want for this building.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:04am On Aug 25, 2021
Closely inspecting the local wooden doors...........

The door thickness is usually 2"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 7:05am On Aug 25, 2021
spyder880:
Closely inspecting the local wooden doors...........
saw some doors which were made locally at one site in Lagos. I don't know if you might want them to do same for you. Trust me the doors are so good
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2021
michlins:
saw some doors which were made locally at one site in Lagos. I don't know if you might want them to do same for you. Trust me the doors are so good

Do you have the pictures, and possibly the costs?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:07am On Aug 25, 2021
Then there are the wooden frames, 10" wide, 2" thick.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Footstradamus(m): 9:30am On Aug 26, 2021
spyder880:
Then there are the wooden frames, 10" wide, 2" thick.

How much will a frame like this cost please, tnx
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:21am On Aug 26, 2021
Footstradamus:

How much will a frame like this cost please, tnx

N13,000 for 7 ft height
N20,000 for 8 ft height

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:09am On Aug 26, 2021
Offloading more POP cement at this site yesterday.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Footstradamus(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2021
spyder880:

N13,000 for 7 ft height
N20,000 for 8 ft height

Much obliged

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:32am On Aug 27, 2021
We have bought and moved to site, materials needed for the screeding of the inside portions of this house yesterday. More pictures later.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
We paid for all the door frames of this house today, and I will move a staff to stay with the carpenters as they work tomorrow.

Dressing of windows is ongoing in this house now.

Ceiling works is being completed

Screeding materials already in the site

Soakaway system waiting to be started

Swimming pool works also to be done same time

Wall and floor tiles to follow immediately

A lot of works are going to happen at the same time when the scaffolds come down.

The next two weeks will be interesting.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by BiigTee: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2021
Great work u are doing as always! I would like to ask if u are hiring an independent swimming pool contractor.. Or u would be making that by urself!
spyder880:
We paid for all the door frames of this house today, and I will move a staff to stay with the carpenters as they work tomorrow.

Dressing of windows is ongoing in this house now.

Ceiling works is being completed

Screeding materials already in the site

Soakaway system waiting to be started

Swimming pool works also to be done same time

Wall and floor tiles to follow immediately

A lot of works are going to happen at the same time when the scaffolds come down.

The next two weeks will be interesting.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2021
BiigTee:
Great work u are doing as always! I would like to ask if u are hiring an independent swimming pool contractor.. Or u would be making that by urself!

I will provide the manpower and materials while an independent expert will provide the technical knowhow.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by BiigTee: 5:12am On Aug 28, 2021
This Is brilliant, pls do well to keep us abreast on the costing.. Especially concerning the pool.. Been wanting that on my build.. But the money I dey hear dikwa egwu

spyder880:

I will provide the manpower and materials while an independent expert will provide the technical knowhow.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:24am On Aug 29, 2021
Buying some wall tiles yesterday........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:32am On Aug 29, 2021
Loading and offloading the tiles..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
Ceilings being completed in this building, the passages are next .............

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
We're also dressing windows, plus other jobs...........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
spyder880:
this seem like a very secure environment if not I would have suggested burglaries

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Valuepaints20(m): 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2021
spyder880:

Weldon,Weldon sir

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2021
Window dressing yesterday evening........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2021
More

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
As always, I fancy this project. Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
More pictures of windows dressing.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
We started the internal walls screeding works on this house this morning.

We also brought more of the electrical cables needed to light this house up today.

More pictures later

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:18am On Sep 02, 2021
The priority here, is to bring down most of the scaffolds in this house before the end of this week.

Works needing the scaffolds are already moving on and drawing to a close, the outside scaffolding is behind delayed by the arrival of the window glasses and its installation, then completion of the dressing.

The internal scaffolding is being delayed by the internal walls screeding which has started, I have many workers on the job right now.

The tiling of walls, floors and other works will speed up as soon as i remove the scaffolding works.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (46) (Reply)

The 1991 Receipt For 3 Bags Of Cement Found In His Grandma's Box (Photo) / Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? / Most Expensive Buildings In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.