Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra - Properties (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra (75795 Views)

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2021
Getting ready for a borehole drilling here ..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2021
Our soakaway system is being reinforced for a slab on the top of it............

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
Hanging the gate today.........

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2021
More pictures

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
Now we are ready to start excavation works for the swimming pool, as well as our elephant statue.

The workers needed for the swimming pool arrived today, bathroom floor tiles will also continue as from this evening, more pictures from this project by next week.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by dehiero: 2:36am On Oct 17, 2021
spyder880:
Now we are ready to start excavation works for the swimming pool, as well as our elephant statue.

The workers needed for the swimming pool arrived today, bathroom floor tiles will also continue as from this evening, more pictures from this project by next week.
Can you build this, high roof just like this but the bedrooms and hall ways will have normal ceiling heights ?...i think that would make sense too
What is the estimated cost for this project?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 5:29am On Oct 17, 2021
dehiero:

Can you build this, high roof just like this but the bedrooms and hall ways will have normal ceiling heights ?...i think that would make sense too
What is the estimated cost for this project?

Its easy to do normal ceiling height in any room, it only takes the ceiling POP to be reduced to your desired height.

This project is very costly to build, let's not look at it as a bungalow, the budget required to build this particular house can very easily complete a duplex.

8 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by tranxo(m): 6:32am On Oct 19, 2021
spyder880:

Its easy to do normal ceiling height in any room, it only takes the ceiling POP to be reduced to your desired height.

This project is very costly to build, let's not look at it as a bungalow, the budget required to build this particular house can very easily complete a duplex.
Serious!!?? shocked
Even with the deck in a duplex?
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:01am On Oct 19, 2021
tranxo:

Serious!!?? shocked
Even with the deck in a duplex?

Yes sir. The ground space covered by this building is massive, this floor space can contain 2 different duplexes of 6 bedrooms without any issues. So the foundation of this house can finance the foundation of 2 duplexes.

On the walls, note that the whole walls were reinforced with columns and lintels enough to build a proper duplex, consider the cost of the very high walls and the extra reinforcement as the walls are going up extraordinarily high, that's the cost of half a decking there in the very high walls.

The parapet and roofing of their house can well do the roofing of 2 different duplexes. The space covered with roofing wood and roofing tiles is so much.

Perhaps, the item that costs a lot of money in this house was the scaffolding. To reach up to nearly 6 meters up the walls to work inside or outside this building needed very strong scaffolding to make it safe for people to balance and work.

Plastering this house was a huge challenge, the first team ran away with my money, Togolese boys. I had to bring my Enugu team to come complete this plastering. This is not a normal bungalow at all. This house can complete one and a half duplexes with good change in the pocket.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2021
Complete cast of the soakaway with concrete. Work completed.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by BiigTee: 9:30am On Oct 19, 2021
Good morning oga Souder! Pls I have come to draw a little from ur well of knowledge... Pls I would like to know if there is any structural disadvantage in omitting the roof beam of a building.

The building in question is chain lintelled and the parapet fascia is polystyrene so it's super light weight!
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2021
BiigTee:
Good morning oga Souder! Pls I have come to draw a little from ur well of knowledge... Pls I would like to know if there is any structural disadvantage in omitting the roof beam of a building.

The building in question is chain lintelled and the parapet fascia is polystyrene so it's super light weight!

The polystyrene fascia, did they do a concrete beam at the point of installation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by tranxo(m): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2021
spyder880:

Yes sir. The ground space covered by this building is massive, this floor space can contain 2 different duplexes of 6 bedrooms without any issues. So the foundation of this house can finance the foundation of 2 duplexes.

On the walls, note that the whole walls were reinforced with columns and lintels enough to build a proper duplex, consider the cost of the very high walls and the extra reinforcement as the walls are going up extraordinarily high, that's the cost of half a decking there in the very high walls.

The parapet and roofing of their house can well do the roofing of 2 different duplexes. The space covered with roofing wood and roofing tiles is so much.

Perhaps, the item that costs a lot of money in this house was the scaffolding. To reach up to nearly 6 meters up the walls to work inside or outside this building needed very strong scaffolding to make it safe for people to balance and work.

Plastering this house was a huge challenge, the first team ran away with my money, Togolese boys. I had to bring my Enugu team to come complete this plastering. This is not a normal bungalow at all. This house can complete one and a half duplexes with good change in the pocket.

Your vast experience came in handy. Thanks for the detailed explanation

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Greatbeard(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2021
Hello Sir spyder880,
Please what would be the cost of labour/material for installing Roof water collector/ drainage for a standard 3 bedroom flat?

Please Any idea/estimate at all will be helpful.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by BiigTee: 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2021
The beam is what is meant to hold it.. Also.. It can also be held with cement mortar without any beam..

Thats why I want to know which to go for.. The roof beam or ordinary cement mortar
spyder880:

The polystyrene fascia, did they do a concrete beam at the point of installation?
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
Greatbeard:
Hello Sir spyder880,
Please what would be the cost of labour/material for installing Roof water collector/ drainage for a standard 3 bedroom flat?

Please Any idea/estimate at all will be helpful.

Budget about N400,000 for it. It could be much less if you're using cheaper materials than the ones I used on this building.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by bizzibodi(m): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
sonnie10:

Ok let me explain to you. No iron rod company in Nigeria produces from scratch (iron ore from earth). They either recycle old metals or import refined raw Iron to smelt and fabricate into rods. Unfortunately, the recycling of old metal is not feasible as supply is not always constant and disrupts productivity. So, most of them take the import route. And you already know this is done with dollars. Also, 90% of the companies are own and operated by foreigners mainly from China. Loans have to be paid back in dollars, equipment parts are bought in dollars and profit is sent back home in dollars, so that they can also pay taxes in dollars at their home country (fair enough, because that is where they get the loan from to do the business in the first place).
We are a useless country with all d vast deposit of iron ore at ajaokuta,itakpe.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 1:44am On Oct 20, 2021
spyder880:

Budget about N400,000 for it. It could be much less if you're using cheaper materials than the ones I used on this building.
o boy eh. Things are becoming terribly worse. One of my clients asked that I take delivery of his water collectors and deliver to his site for a duplex and bq and it was about 1ml. This was less than four months ago
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by donforeign: 5:14am On Oct 20, 2021
spyder880:
More pictures
nice gate but no suite this house..

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by donforeign: 5:21am On Oct 20, 2021
spyder880:

can 400k also work for 3 flat building?
i.e 3 bedroom, 1 bedroom n parlour single self con, 2bedroom ?
all in one building.

thanks
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by donforeign: 5:27am On Oct 20, 2021
spyder880:

There are spanish tiles like this one in the carton, we used those on the living rooms, ante room, visitors waiting room and the passageways, intact, at everywhere we expect to have high traffic.

Then we bought some Nigerian tiles, Time brand and BA, we are using those for the bedroom floors and other less used areas.

Both tiles look almost the same on the ground after they were done.

thanks boss, i am doing same.
i am using spanish tiles for my dinning, sitting room and entrance lobby.
all d rooms will be nigerian glaze tiles to reduce too much expenses.
still don't know what i will be using for my kitchen wall and tiles, can i use nigerian tiles as well or what is your advice?
for the other flats at the back, will be using verified tiles.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by donforeign: 5:30am On Oct 20, 2021
spyder880:
This 35 drums of paint says we are ready to begin anytime..........

i will lv to send u a pic of my house so u cn help me with a nice paint choice cos i am nt good at it lol
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:35am On Oct 20, 2021
BiigTee:
The beam is what is meant to hold it.. Also.. It can also be held with cement mortar without any beam..

Thats why I want to know which to go for.. The roof beam or ordinary cement mortar

Go for roof beam then. Good morning bro.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:43am On Oct 20, 2021
donforeign:

can 400k also work for 3 flat building?
i.e 3 bedroom, 1 bedroom n parlour single self con, 2bedroom ?
all in one building.

thanks

Then you have to raise the budget, it's better to get someone on ground to measure and give a full quite because even as we're here talking, the prices may have increased due to inflation. I cant remember but this house water channel was done with around N700,000 or a little more. I will have to check in my office for the receipts.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by bizzibodi(m): 7:03am On Oct 20, 2021
spyder880:

I know, in a village setting like ours with many brothers, cousins and other relatives, its hard to get enough space to build a large house in a state like Anambra.
With this kind of house I will need four plots.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Greatbeard(m): 9:03am On Oct 20, 2021
Okay, Thanks Sir.
I really appreciate your insight.

spyder880:

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 20, 2021
I tap into this house. I also want a four bed house. My prayer is answered

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2021
Perfectdanny:
I tap into this house. I also want a four bed house. My prayer is answered

Amen. We will gather and celebrate your new house soon.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2021
Completed soakaway system..........

Starting the swimming pool.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hanging our roller gate.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
Started from page one and now we here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2021
Perfectdanny:
Started from page one and now we here

Welcome Sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (46) (Reply)

The 1991 Receipt For 3 Bags Of Cement Found In His Grandma's Box (Photo) / Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? / Most Expensive Buildings In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.