Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole (22116 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Boko Haram Killed My Brother - Sheriff / How Nigeria’s Military Killed My 4 Children In One Night – ABU Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by koruji(m): 2:06am On May 05, 2012
ACN must seriously think about designing a standard security system for its party-men - I have said it before.

PDP is made of rabid, illiterate, killers.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/45433-they-have-killed-my-son-oshiomhole.html
By Osagie Otabor7 hours 40 minutes ago

Governor Adams Oshiomhole on Friday gave the Edo State Police Command a 14 -day ultimatum to fish out the killers of his Private Secretary, Comrade Olaitan Oyerinde.
Oshiomhole said if the police failed to do proper investigation on the killing of three journalists last week and that of Olaitan, he would convert his leadership of the state to find solution to the problem of insecurity in the state.
He spoke while addressing members of the Action Congress of Nigeria after joining them in a street protest over the killing shortly after returning from Abuja.
Oshiomhole, who was moved to tears, joined in the protest from the Benin Airport through major streets in the city.
He said the killing was to stop the flag-off of his campaign rally on Saturday and advised the ACN members not to take laws into their hands.
He said, “I am giving the Police 14 days from today to produce the killers of Olaitan and to establish the killing of those journalists. If they do not do that, as the Chief Security Officer of this state, I reserve all my options. This country will either fail or stand. Nobody can intimidate me. Even out of power I was not intimidated.”
Governor Oshiomhole disclosed that he submitted a petition to the state Commissioner of Police, Olayinka Balogun, about a meeting where a critical evaluation of the forthcoming election was carried out.
His words, “Last week, they succeed in killing three journalists. Last night, they killed Olaitan. Let me be clear they cannot kill my fighting spirit. They agreed at the meeting that it is impossible for them to win the election.
“They also resolved at the meeting to intimidate my person and if possible to eliminate. At that meeting, they said they will kill under the guise of armed robbery, many of my personal staff and key leaders.
“I also informed the police that they resolved that several weeks before the election, they will detonate bombs in parts of the state in order to scare people away from going to vote. What is our crime? Our crime is that we have mobilised our people, we have deployed public resources for the public good and the godfather is angry.”
“The blood of these young men will fire me on to fight and defeat them. There is no going back. They have killed my son. They have killed my brother, they have killed my people but they cannot kill my spirit.
“Last night like coward, they shot Olaitan in the chest, head and belly to make sure he never survives.
“I want to serve them notice. I have the capacity and the men. If they do not behave, we can stop them from coming to Edo State. Let me say I have not come to cry today. The blood of those young men will whet my appetite for justice because their plan is to postpone again for the second time our campaign.”
“Tomorrow, we will go ahead because Olaitan in his lifetime was a fighter. We met in the field of struggle not on the dining table. I asked you not to be afraid and not to be intimidated. Don’t give up. If anything, we should be more resolved"

5 Likes

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by strangerf: 3:51am On May 05, 2012
I think Oshiomole killed that young man so he could blame PDP for it. Epic fail.

Like Tinubu like Oshiomole

11 Likes

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by Kilode1: 5:30am On May 05, 2012
Like I said on the other thread, this was an absolutely senseless killing. Except it was for something far from current Edo politics.

Call me naive, I just don't see how PDP can defeat Oshiomhole in the next election, no way at all. That was clear to any serious watcher of Edo politics. So I fail to see why they had to kill the young man, if indeed he was killed for political reasons. Maybe PDP did not do it.

Several things were clear before yesterday.

1. PDP has an history of failure in Edo State, no thanks to Lucky Igbinedion's years of absolute failure. I experienced it, it was not preety.

2. The incumbent candidate - Oshiomhole, by Nigerian standards, is not a " make we go try our luck politician" I don't always agree with his policies and position, but:
-Oshimhole is a grassroot politician, one of the most effective in Nigeria.
-Oshiomhole is a veteran organizer in and out of politics, like him or hate him, he is effective as a campaigner.
-Oshiomhole, agree with him or not, knows when to compromise. From NLC to LP to ACN he's demonstrated his ability to build consensus, compromise and work with people he previously fought against.
-Oshiomhole is a charismatic incumbent governor with a serious public goodwill advantage, even GEJ can't oppose him too harshly in public.
-Did I say PDP overplayed their hands last time they governed?

All these plus more makes me wonder why PDP would think they can win the election via intimidation, It makes no sense, it will lead to unnecessary killings like the one we just saw. And they will most cetainly still lose.

I'm not convinced PDP killed the guy, makes no sense to cause chaos knowing you'll still lose, except you are a pea brain fool with too much Ogogoro in your blood.

I don't understand what the killers aimed to achieve. Makes no damn sense.

12 Likes

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by Mynd44: 8:01am On May 05, 2012
Kilode?!:
Like I said on the other thread, this was an absolutely senseless killing. Except it was for something far from current Edo politics.

Call me naive, I just don't see how PDP can defeat Oshiomhole in the next election, no way at all. That was clear to any serious watcher of Edo politics. So I fail to see why they had to kill the young man, if indeed he was killed for political reasons. Maybe PDP did not do it.

Several things were clear before yesterday.

1. PDP has an history of failure in Edo State, no thanks to Lucky Igbinedion's years of absolute failure. I experienced it, it was not preety.

2. The incumbent candidate - Oshiomhole, by Nigerian standards, is not a " make we go try our luck politician" I don't always agree with his policies and position, but:
-Oshimhole is a grassroot politician, one of the most effective in Nigeria.
-Oshiomhole is a veteran organizer in and out of politics, like him or hate him, he is effective as a campaigner.
-Oshiomhole, agree with him or not, knows when to compromise. From NLC to LP to ACN he's demonstrated his ability to build consensus, compromise and work with people he previously fought against.
-Oshiomhole is a charismatic incumbent governor with a serious public goodwill advantage, even GEJ can't oppose him too harshly in public.
-Did I say PDP overplayed their hands last time they governed?

All these plus more makes me wonder why PDP would think they can win the election via intimidation, It makes no sense, it will lead to unnecessary killings like the one we just saw. And they will most cetainly still lose.

I'm not convinced PDP killed the guy, makes no sense to cause chaos knowing you'll still lose, except you are a pea brain fool with too much Ogogoro in your blood.

I don't understand what the killers aimed to achieve. Makes no damn sense.
Some people don't need a reason to do things, they just want to see the world burn. You forget that Soyinka once called them a den of killers

3 Likes

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by Baawaa(m): 12:21pm On May 05, 2012
strangerf: I think Oshiomole killed that young man so he could blame PDP for it. Epic fail.

Common sense is not common grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by moderattor: 12:29pm On May 05, 2012
that secretary and those journalists saw something they shouldn't. So ******* killed them.
Thats the only logical explanation.
This is politics.

5 Likes

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by lacasa: 12:30pm On May 05, 2012
Is Įƭ not BokoHaram(PDP)grin
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 05, 2012
moderattor: that secretary and those journalists saw something they shouldn't. So oshiomole killed them.
This is politics.
i need τ̅☺ test my new pump_action! Where u want am? Head or chest?

1 Like

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by intelligen(m): 12:34pm On May 05, 2012
strangerf: I think Oshiomole killed that young man so he could blame PDP for it. Epic fail.

are u sure u read thru dis gabbage b4 postng it...

2 Likes

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by betrani(m): 12:36pm On May 05, 2012
Boko Haram is bombing and killin! They are assassinating! PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP, all are killing innocent nigerians, making women widows, children orphans! And terrorism is being blame on just Boko Haram alone! Wats d difference bw BOKO HARAM, PDP, ACN, ANPP, CPC, NDVPF, all these are criminal gangs trying to satisfy their blood-thirsty-ego! Nigerians have to wake up from their slumber and fight these thieves o!

5 Likes

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by jude33084(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2012
moderattor: that secretary and those journalists saw something they shouldn't. So oshiomole killed them.
This is politics.

Are you ok my man?

1 Like

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by Evergreen4(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2012
This is politics.
moderator or wateva u call ur self, dnt be a fool, y were dere no killin b4 now, it is evidently clear dat PDP is behind ds, dey av said dat d electn will be a do or die affair so wat else do u expect.

1 Like

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by betrani(m): 12:41pm On May 05, 2012

let the blood of d innocent boy speak for him, nigerians are being sent to their untimely graves in d name of politics and terrorism, while some ritualist leaders derive pleasure from these nefarious acts and their children sent abroad to live on stolen wealth

4 Likes

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by antartica(m): 12:45pm On May 05, 2012
If dey like,let dem kill your papa.You muderfucking mass killers don't deserve to see the light of the day.
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by betrani(m): 12:47pm On May 05, 2012
Evergreen4: moderator or wateva u call ur self, dnt be a fool, y were dere no killin b4 now, it is evidently clear dat PDP is behind ds, dey av said dat d electn will be a do or die affair so wat else do u expect.
Same as Atiku who promised to make Nigeria ungovernable and hell for some people abi? These DEMON; Atiku is living tru to his words and my liverless GEJ isn't doing anything about him! Where else do u guys think Boko Haram is coming from? Don't let any1 deceive u o! Our leader abi readers are playing politics wit d lives of Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by fuke(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2012
[/quote]/q
This is politics.
uote]

Didn't they teach logic in your school?
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by s1(m): 12:55pm On May 05, 2012
most of this politicians are vampires.rip bro
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by amosy007: 12:58pm On May 05, 2012

Yes ...like PDP Jonathan bomb abuja to gain the sympathy of d people....high tension politics
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by tegamans: 1:03pm On May 05, 2012
“I want to serve them notice. I have the capacity and the men. If they do not behave, we can stop them from coming to Edo State.

I LIKE THAT SENTENCE. PLEASE EDO ACN SHOULD FIGHT BACK , IT IS WAR FOR WAR FOR THIS PDP PEOPLE .

1 Like

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by Oluwolympa(m): 1:19pm On May 05, 2012
some ppl just think like animal.hw can sum1 say oshiomole killed olaitan?Better b careful.
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by moderattor: 1:30pm On May 05, 2012
Oluwolympa: some ppl just think like animal.hw can sum1 say oshiomole killed olaitan?Better b careful.
so what else could kill 3 journalists who visited the government house and the governor's secretary within 3 days?
They have seen what they shouldn't.
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 05, 2012
State Police; is a legitimate demand. GEJ please let the States have State Police and the Nigerian Police can be Federal Police as always.
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 05, 2012
It's obvious from this thread that Nigerians just don't know what to believe anymore.
They are slowly achieving their aim of making us paranoid zombies.

1 Like

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by Abali1(m): 1:39pm On May 05, 2012
Most times Nigerian politics defies conventional reasoning. It could be PDP or ACN. RIP to the dead.
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by deandavid(m): 1:43pm On May 05, 2012
some people's comments here makes me wonder, if they reason at all. Why will osho kill his right hand man in struggle? Before acn, they have been together. Osho is never afraid of the election, he knows he will win, he has the people's mandate whole heartedly, so why does he need their sympathy? Only a drunkard will even believe Gej sponsored dat independence bombing, why does he need Nigerian's sympathy, that period, he was even begged to contest the 2011 election. People reason critically before posting any comment. No wonder some people say na jambites full NL.
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by Businesstools(m): 1:48pm On May 05, 2012
I weep for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by evangelpeaceym: 1:50pm On May 05, 2012
most narialanders speak out the bitterness in their heart because of political and ethnic prejudice that have almost crippled development in this country, why don't we stop playing politics here and face the truth squarely. just as oshiomhole blamed PDP for the death of that young man because it was an opposition Party to ACN, any other person could have thrown back the blame on him too based on other odd things we know about politicians here in Nigeria, whether the man is killed by PDP or Oshiomhole himself for reasons not well defined, either of this is possible in Nigeria.
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by deandavid(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2012
Abali1: Most times Nigerian politics defies conventional reasoning. It could be PDP or ACN. RIP to the dead.
its a lie, how una dy reason, like zombie? Where have heard acn killing people before. History have it of how pdp has been a nest of killers. Edo state where a whole evil grand master tony anene is from, can't deliver edo to his party. What do expect him to do? Kill of course. They know our police are helpless. But logically you will know, who is behind this killings.
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by trigar12(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2012

U ARE A BIG IDIOT. MUMU
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by honeric01(m): 1:54pm On May 05, 2012
moderattor: so what else could kill 3 journalists who visited the government house and the governor's secretary within 3 days?
They have seen what they shouldn't.

Kill Olaitan to gain what exactly?
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by sammirano: 1:54pm On May 05, 2012

do you know that you could be right.
Re: They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole by honeric01(m): 1:56pm On May 05, 2012

Blame it on PDP? if you are ignorant, stay so, don't say what you don't know.. on a FREE AND FAIR ELECTION, HE'S GOING TO WIN ANY CANDIDATE PDP BRINGS UP IN EDO STATE.. so stop talking through your nose.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Despite Confirmation By PDP, Akwa Ibom Governor Denies SSS Invasion.. / Politicians Realigning To Form New Party- ThisDay / Niger Delta Greenland Justice Mandate Emerges, Vows To Bring Down Refineries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.